Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: What's Mine Is Mine

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Boston said:

WITCH DOCTOR

Tania’s already got that covered. 

Here’s pretty much what it takes to learn how to administer some of the treatments that Stephanie’s “medical” spas offer: An hour or two of your time and money to take the course. My BIL who was a dentist (now retired) used to get brochures about learning how to give Botox treatments, a one hour seminar. You paid your enrollment fee, sat through it, got a certificate to put up on your wall and you would be good to go. Root canals and Botox. 

• Love 1
On 1/1/2021 at 11:51 PM, mamadrama said:

It's low AF for Brandon not to give up his nice bedroom to Julia. We'd never give the guest the unorganized cluttered room. 

If they make her comfortable, she won't return to Russia. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mr. Miner said:

schmoopie-2.png

Mr. Grey and I adopted schmoopy as our nickname for each other because of that episode.

But it's a JOKE.

Do Yara and Natalie complain for something to do?

Did I hear Yara complaining because Jovi didn't like a rug? (I want to be clear: I can't stand Jovi, but Yara is no prize, either).

Did I hear Natalie complaining because Snoqualmie is too far away from Sequim? The only thing that would've made that tantrum better was watching Natalie chomp sullenly on a carrot during the drive.

Meanwhile, two women had every reason to complain, and they didn't: Julia, who's apparently wandered into some sort of involuntary indentured servitude, and Amira, who went along (reluctantly) with Andrew's ill-thought out plan and found herself detained in Mexico.

• Love 4

I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but I have been keeping up with the new season and couples. Here are my thoughts on the latest episode:

Mike and Natalie: She comes off as a brat but I can’t imagine being in her situation. She left the place she’s lived her entire life and left her mother alone to go to America and be with this guy. She’s shown a lot of commitment and I hesitate to criticize her this episode for her minor complaints. 

I would like to think if I was moving to live with someone else they could at least have food I like and turn the heat up a little or offer me a blanket!! Neither of them are putting much effort in. 

Cougar Stephanie and Ryan: Okay, whatever she’s been injecting herself with has clearly affected her common sense.

We haven't met Ryan yet, but from the previews, he sounds like a user. Something about wanting her to send him a bunch of watches so he can give to his friends. I think she knows he's taking advantage of her but she'll appease him just to get him to stick around. She comes across as weird and lonely.  She should hook up with Mmmm David. 

Brandon and Julia: I actually really like Julia, she’s honest, trying, and seems to really like Brandon. I think the parents are extra AF, but I think Brandon should’ve planned better. Like maybe not bringing her over till after he had enough money for their own place or AT THE LEAST giving her a heads up about the bedroom. And the mom being like “oh won’t she like it after she sees how nice it is?” Like NOOO, there’s legit storage in there. 

Also, why display the vase of condoms and then get SO OFFENDED that Julia and Brandon still want to discuss sleeping in the same room when she legit has no one around. 

Oof, that whole family. 

Andrew and Amira: He seems like a total doofus. I feel so bad for her. She’s the nicest lady. WAY out of his league.

• Love 1

Natalie. I will just sit in the corner by myself and eat my carrot. 

I'm here for all of this! Looks like from the previews Mike is going to send her packing soon, though.  

Guys, I think we have all forgotten (at least I did) how Mike and Natalie met. Mike's best friend married a girl from Ukraine. Natalie was friends with her. This is how Mike and Natalie met. Natalie knew damn well all about where Mike lived and what his country lifestyle was about so she can stop pretending to be horrified at not knowing what she was getting in to. By the way, where are those best friends? I wonder how they are doing and if they are still married and why hasn't Natalie been in touch with her Ukranian bestie to hang out with and complain about Mike? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

I thought we had seen the friends, but I must be confusing them with another couple’s friends.

I would imagine one of two reasons they haven’t appeared:

They don’t want to be on TV. Some people actually don’t.

They don't exist, and Mike and Nat met on a “Buy a Ukrainian Bride” website, or were abducted  by the same Aliens.

• LOL 1

I've never forgotten Mike stomping around around the streets of Ukraine in his pajamas, sulking over some perceived slight searching for red Solo cups of beer, drunkenly asserting something or other to the camera.  Followed or preceded by their having a lovely coffee together, discussing why it was taking so long for Natalie's visa when out of nowhere he began berating her for being a liar, for having done this before, for being a prostitute, for being a criminal, for being who-knows-what. As far as I saw, that fight was never really resolved, just sort of ignored until the interview when Natalie said, With so many fights, who knows if I love him? And then she became the big problematic psycho.  She's weird about stuff and high strung but Mike's the one who was living with an axe murderer (okay, exaggeration . . . barely), who drinks to excess, is given to baseless rages, refuses to get food for someone he'll have living with him, and refuses to heat his house. Team Natalie ever since the coffee shop.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mike can't stand Natalie and vice versa. They broke up for quite a while. I think that TLC contacted them and asked them to pretend to be getting back together so they can film a new season with them. They're doing it for the paycheck and that is all. Maybe Mike can buy some health food and heat with that check. 

Natalie knew Mike was living out in the country and Mike knew Natalie wanted kids and a religious man and sooner the better. It's all BS. 

Edited by bichonblitz

omg, Brandon's mother is upset because they want to get married Mother's Day Weekend.  Seriously?  Has it occurred to her that the date changes every year so their anniversary will not be MOther's Day every year?  GIVE ME A BREAK.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:51 PM, mamadrama said:

It's low AF for Brandon not to give up his nice bedroom to Julia. We'd never give the guest the unorganized cluttered room. 

After seeing that room, I am 100% convinced that it is all producer shenanigans.  

Re: Jovi and Yara- they are both awful, but I actually liked the saleslady.  She brought some humor to this dumpster fire.  Yes, she may be overstepping, but I'd rather see her on my screen than either of those two.  

I really like the lady from France.  I feel bad for her leaving her beautiful home for Andrew and his daycare center.  I lived in Roseville, CA  as a kid.  It's a nice community, but really hot and doesn't compare with that beautiful village in France...

• Love 2
On 12/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, Grifter Lives said:

I watched the preview.  Julia is polite and honest.  Brandon's parents are self-serving, and Brandon is obedient.  I didn't get this great sense that he loves his parents' farm or farm life.  It's where he and his parents have always lived, and he hasn't thought about anything different.

The cougar has a voice that sounds a lot older than her age.  In many ways, she looks great for her age, but more so at a distance.  She really favors that one style of dress.  

Natalie is straining to play the sexy, agreeable wife-to-be, but she is not capturing Mike's interest.  He seems to really miss Sunday pancakes with Uncle Beau; French toast while Natalie forages for a carrot is not a good substitute.  

The time given to commercials, especially Discovery+ and other Discovery shows, far exceeded the actual preview.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, nytonc said:

You beat me to it! I don’t know if she has an illness but she does have a fancy refrigerator that displays huge photos of her and Ryan. Rebecca will be so mach jealous.  I don’t think he’s good looking either  

Natalie can flip a switch to psycho quicker than I’ve ever seen. I don’t blame Mike for not going out of his way to get her the appropriate food. He knows nothing will ever make her happy. Don’t give her the ring back, Mike! 

On 12/27/2020 at 6:53 PM, nytonc said:

I had to give up on live chat. Too hard to watch and snark at the same time. 

Yara gives zero fucks about anyone, especially NonJovi.  I like her  

I think Stephanie’s secret will be she can’t have children. Because she had an illness . 

There’s a never ending supply of crazy in Natalie’s head and I am here for it!!  I’m not at all surprised she didn’t give any thought to what she’d do with her days while Mike is working.  She’s confident she’ll be able to manipulate him into dumping the farm and moving to the big city.  Mike is thinking about the future and the endless days and nights ahead with Natalie’s various personalities.  

I'm very late to the game, but I think Mike saw what happened when he completely trusted Natalie with his emotions.  He ended up day drinking in his PJs.  

She is already a complete turnoff.  Oh, this is such a downgrade from your luxurious digs with mommy in Ukraine?  Give me a break.  They can have you back.  

I can't figure out Mike's game, but I'm so glad that he isn't kissing her ass all the time and stressing out over her insanity like he was before.  He is clearly holding himself back and trying to think with his head.  Either that or he is stress testing her.  

Either way, this is a recipe for disaster.  The second Natalie feels secure, she is going to go right back to her old crazy ways, and no matter how Mike tries to hold back now, she will feel secure to act crazy when they are married and she has a child.  And if he is stress testing her, thats just, not a great idea.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm very late to the game, but I think Mike saw what happened when he completely trusted Natalie with his emotions.  He ended up day drinking in his PJs.  

She is already a complete turnoff.  Oh, this is such a downgrade from your luxurious digs with mommy in Ukraine?  Give me a break.  They can have you back.  

I can't figure out Mike's game, but I'm so glad that he isn't kissing her ass all the time and stressing out over her insanity like he was before.  He is clearly holding himself back and trying to think with his head.  Either that or he is stress testing her.  

Either way, this is a recipe for disaster.  The second Natalie feels secure, she is going to go right back to her old crazy ways, and no matter how Mike tries to hold back now, she will feel secure to act crazy when they are married and she has a child.  And if he is stress testing her, thats just, not a great idea.  

I agree.  Everything with Natalie seems to be "strategy."  She isn't being honest, but instead is carefully choosing her actions & attitudes, seeking a specific outcome.  When you're in love with somebody you don't have to "act" around them.

• Love 5