Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: What's Mine Is Mine

• Start Topic

On 12/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, bravofan27 said:

Stephanie looks great for her age, but her mind is definitely cognitively aging. She's about 5 - 10 seconds behind everything,

I think she is taking too much of her own medicine, the way she talked and moved was like somebody using "Mother's Little Helpers".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

In learning Spanish I found the small words the hardest, him or he, them or they.  That and order of words in the sentence and past or present tense.   She sounds self taught which is pretty amazing. 

At least with Spanish, it has almost all the same letters in its alphabet as English.  I have a lot of admiration for anyone who learns English as a second language, and massive respect for those whose first language is Russian or Chinese or anything else with nothing anything close to the English alphabet.  Never mind that once you learn the English alphabet, it still might not be that much help--through vs. threw anyone??

• Love 4

Julia and Brandon:  Julia, I will message you a contact at the United Farm Workers union.

Stephanie and Ryan: The new Rebecca.

Rebecca and Zied:  The old Rebecca.

Jovara:  I waffle between wanting him to kick her out and wanting her to wreck his life.  They're a perfect match!

Amira and Andrew:  New spinoff show, 90 Day Lockup.

Mike and Natalie: Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hasenpfeffer.jpg

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 12/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, Mean Jeanne said:

And that shit-hole room with all of their crap stuffed into it? It looks like their catch-all room that they just squeezed a bed into

Was that a bucket of radioactive waste in the corner?

On 12/27/2020 at 11:58 PM, Burning Rubber said:

then walks out the furniture store dissatisfied because Jovi doesn't fancy a polyester polar bear rug.

With glitter!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 12/28/2020 at 6:05 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

Or, worse, comes off and then gets spread around the house. Oy!!

You should hear me swear when I open a greeting card and it has goddamned glitter on it.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:19 AM, Chloe Dog said:

I was LOVING the furniture salesperson, asking Jovi if he needed a Snickers!  LOL He was being a little bitch!

I was distracted by the odd growths on her face.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/28/2020 at 7:58 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I think this is going on Julia's audition reel. She and Brandon probably put their heads together to make sure they'd get on the show and launch their careers as D listers

Wasn’t the first episode of The Simple Life Paris and Nicole with pitchforks?

On 12/28/2020 at 8:11 AM, Mercolleen said:

Mike is looking for excuses to not be in the car with Natalie.

I think she is cranky from those pink sweats riding up her ass crack.  And bread and eggs, how unhealthy!  Better wash the shells!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

THEORIES:

Is Brandon's farm a real farm?

Someone above called it a hobby farm.  A real farm produces enough food output where your family can live off the income.  A hobby farm makes you some money to pay for your vacation that year or a down payment on a new car.  A cousin of mine has something like that.  No animals but an apple orchard on his property, and be pays a service to harvest the apples during the season and he takes his cut from the sale.  So he's a farmer.  Sort of.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, magemaud said:

I missed it, is she REALLY a doctor or just plays one on TV? Anyone can pass themself off as some kind of made up doctor of something. For example, my piano tuner calls himself “The Piano Doctor” but I don’t think he has a medical degree. 

She isn't a doctor; she owns some medi-spa type businesses. A lot of them are franchises.  People can get trained to give botox, fillers, etc. A lot of people who work in those places are not physicians- they could be cosmetologists, aestheticians, etc. It's an all-cash business and I'm sure she does quite well.

I am so sick of the "baby, baby, baby" stuff on this show. Yes, it's a minor pet peeve but between Mike and Rebecca they have to call their love interests "baby" every other word. Stop already.

The scene with Brandon and his parents laughing uproariously at the bowl of condoms on the bed... really??  And no mom- it's not "a parent's responsibility" when your "child" is approaching 30 and engaged. Maybe get the poor fiancée out of your 80's sewing room and tell them to get an apartment. Dinwiddie is not NYC; Brandon has a full time job and certainly could afford a modest apartment for him and his sexually needy girlfriend.

Anyone notice the change in Natalie's boots between when she stomped out of the car at the gas station and was standing at the pumps? Poor editing, TLC. She went from knee-high to ankle boots in a flash.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

She isn't a doctor; she owns some medi-spa type businesses. A lot of them are franchises.  People can get trained to give botox, fillers, etc. A lot of people who work in those places are not physicians- they could be cosmetologists, aestheticians, etc. It's an all-cash business and I'm sure she does quite well.

Thanks, I remember her using the word “medi” something but at least she didn’t claim to be some kind of doctor. 

• Love 1

@KateHearts, thank you!  I too hate the baby, baby, baby bull poop.  It reminds me of a gal that I know who is in her 50s now and she dates off of POF and she just melts when somebody texts her good morning, baby or good morning, beautiful With the appropriate emoji’s. I can’t get her to stop liking it. 

I hate the thought that possibly some of these puppy mills get a tax credit simply because they’re cranking out puppy dogs. I hope they don’t.  Where I live, having horses is not enough to get a farm deduction. So a lot of times people would borrow herds of cattle from the neighbors to run on their property for a month or so to eat down the grass and claim the deduction.  It’s still not a cheap endeavor considering you have to make sure your fencing is all good and put up enough water troughs for all of them.

im tempted to find out how much Brandon’s parents sell their dogs for but I’m afraid I will just get mad.

Stephanie literally boggles my mind with hooking up with the cousin after an argument.  What does she do when they really get into a fight?  Is she a psycho drinker?  Is she one of those women who goes beyond sloppy drunk to nearly dropping her dress (no panties to begin with) for the first guy who winks at her?  I wouldn’t want to be sharing a hotel suite with her!

jovi and yara, maybe a lot of the banter is made for TV, but they are SO good at it. I feel like this is the true couple dynamics here and it’s embarrassing.  If that was my brother or cousin or neighbor, I’d be keeping an eye on all my furniture so that he doesn’t break that in a drunken rage too.  Furniture doesn’t just spontaneously break.  Maybe it falls apart but no breaks on its own.

I don’t care about the pretend king and the French maiden.  But I hope she’s not in jail.  Her dad must be pissed and of course it’s all Andrew’s fault.

@AZChristian, maybe parents Brandon will try to claim Julia as an employee of the farm...

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I am so sick of the "baby, baby, baby" stuff on this show. Yes, it's a minor pet peeve but between Mike and Rebecca they have to call their love interests "baby" every other word. Stop already.

It's almost cavity inducing, isn't it?

The late Mr. Persnickety and I were big fans of Mob Wives.  

Thus, our terms of endearment for one another were "rat motherfucker" and "rat bastard."  

Much more entertaining than the overly used "baby."

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Off topic... don’t buy from puppy mills. Adopt and save a life. And purebreds can have so many health issues. 

Maybe those dogs are bred for specific work, but I felt bad for them caged up like that. 

Even Pole's dogs were in nicer pens and that is saying a lot.

If Mother Brandon was the driving force to get on this show so she can get her business out there why wouldn't she have that place in better order?  It is a depressing looking property, junky, dirty, sad looking animals, if it was a nicer kept farm maybe Julia would not be horrified at the idea of living in the sticks.  Since she keeps her animals in such muddy unkempt pens why would we be surprised to see a junk laden guest room for the future daughter in law.

Nobody could make me feed the pigs let alone going in the pen and nobody, I mean nobody would assume I would feed any type of lizard let alone be ok with the "free range crickets" clutching a cardboard egg tray in an open trashcan next to the table.

The horses field would be where I would be spending my days, shoveling shit, feeding, grooming just to spend my day away from Mother Brandon.

As far as adopting an animal, I am looking for an Italian Greyhound rescue, (that actually has a dog available, they never do), my house is too small for an ex racer) so if anyone has a line on one let me know!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And bread and eggs, how unhealthy!  Better wash the shells!

"United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) graded eggs would be illegal if sold in the UK, or indeed anywhere in the European Union (EU). It’s all to do with the fact that commercial American eggs are federally required to be washed and sanitized before they reach the consumer. EU egg marketing laws, on the other hand, state that Class A eggs – those found on supermarkets shelves, must not be washed, or cleaned in any way."

And, because the protective layer has not been removed, Europeans do not need to store their eggs in the refrigerator.  They do need to wash the shells before using the eggs.

• Useful 7
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

As far as adopting an animal, I am looking for an Italian Greyhound rescue, (that actually has a dog available, they never do), my house is too small for an ex racer) so if anyone has a line on one let me know!

@Baltimore Betty, good luck with your search. I’ve been monitoring Petfinder for about a year now, looking for the perfect dog (my 14.5yo best dog ever died in January 2020—I knew it was going to be a shitty year!). I have a very long checklist for what I want in a dog. Right now my search is on the back burner because winter! 

6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Off topic... don’t buy from puppy mills. Adopt and save a life. And purebreds can have so many health issues.

Cavalier spaniels have been so overbred that their brains have become too big for their skulls. English bulldogs cannot have puppies  naturally anymore; they need to get C-sections. Golden retrievers have problems with cancer. I’ll take a good old mongrel any time. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 5

The expected puppies are $2,000 for full AKC registration, and $1500 for limited registration .   I'm guessing pets, not show dogs, and not breeding? But someone who knows more about AKC registration will have to tell me about that.   OK, limited means that the dog cannot be bred and have any puppies registered, or shown with AKC.   

• Useful 1

Now that we are closing in on the start of 2021, New Year’s resolutions come to mind. And you all know that I don’t like to set myself up for failure, so my resolutions are only ones that I can possibly keep:

1. Watch more crap tv (but do not purchase Discovery+)

2. Be more judgmental

3. Waste more time

4. Be the best snarker I can possibly be 

Just watching this show helps me reach my goals. Add in Life After Lockup Live Chat and all bases are covered.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is a depressing looking property, junky, dirty, sad looking animals,

It was like a sad petting zoo.  But at least they weren’t feeding the animals key lime yogurt.

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nobody could make me feed the pigs let alone going in the pen

Didn’t the Hannibal Lecter sequel involve man-eating pigs?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I may be in the minority but I think Stephanie looks 62.  Her face is so drawn.  And boy that Grand Rapids accent makes Fargo sound  mild.  

What exactly did Natalie do all day in Ukraine that was so much more fascinating?  She’s not friendly, so she can’t have had friends.  She turns her nose up at the double wide, but she lived in the former Soviet Union equivalent of housing projects.  Like the building where Lana pretended to live, the building where Varya lived, and the building where Andrei’s parents lived.  And at 40 (I ain’t buying 35) she lived with her 80 plus mother. What a life she has given up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

But at least they weren’t feeding the animals key lime yogurt.

That was a product made for cats using cat friendly ingredients and she is probably going to try and make some type of endorsement for it now. I was shocked that she would be so blase about feeding her cat dairy and sugar until I realized it was a cat product. 

Still disgusted with Dimwitted Farm though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I may be in the minority but I think Stephanie looks 62.  Her face is so drawn.  And boy that Grand Rapids accent makes Fargo sound  mild.  

What exactly did Natalie do all day in Ukraine that was so much more fascinating?  She’s not friendly, so she can’t have had friends.  She turns her nose up at the double wide, but she lived in the former Soviet Union equivalent of housing projects.  Like the building where Lana pretended to live, the building where Varya lived, and the building where Andrei’s parents lived.  And at 40 (I ain’t buying 35) she lived with her 80 plus mother. What a life she has given up!

Don't forget the week long hockey games.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Christina said:

That was a product made for cats using cat friendly ingredients and she is probably going to try and make some type of endorsement for it now. I was shocked that she would be so blase about feeding her cat dairy and sugar until I realized it was a cat product. 

Still disgusted with Dimwitted Farm though.

Ah I know yoplait makes key lime so I was betting that.

5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe she misses the "Makeup News" on Ukrainian TV.

I would love if they could add the rich ex-husband that wouldn’t give her kids to the cast.  We have all the Coltie hangers-on.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I may be in the minority but I think Stephanie looks 62.  Her face is so drawn.

Count me in too. When I saw Stephanie, the first word that came to mind was "pinched." Her face is very drawn. 

And she's looney toons. 

• Love 3

Mike is a big burly man who loves cats and cooks. Hands up, I am available! Pick me! And I am very happy by myself, and not crazy. I'm not a bottle blonde (bottle redhead) and probably 15 years older than him, but if I can live in the sticks for him, he can sacrifice a few things too !

Crickets in the kitchen: NONONONONO. Julia needs to drag Brandon to the Courthouse and marry him now. Why wait? Then they can boink all they want. I got the sense the parents leave "the farm" every day to go to a real job, so Julia would be the designated farmhand. And again, that would be a Hard No.

Nonjovi and Yara, I don't care. Live, love, fight, whatever. They are both spoiled, selfish people and being together takes them out of the dating pool. Fine by me!

Cougar looks fine from afar but all the fillers in the world don't turn back decades. She will never be mistaken for a 30-yr old. And I am not mistaken: there is something wonky with her face, right? The right side of her mouth is hitched or crooked, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ha, I didn't read all the comments before commenting that she looks 57 and she's 52.   Whatever age reversal stuff she's doing, it's not actually helping and she looks like every other older woman trying to look young and failing.  

• Love 2
On 12/30/2020 at 12:22 AM, MrBuhBye said:

You should hear me swear when I open a greeting card and it has goddamned glitter on it.

I was distracted by the odd growths on her face.

I have a strict no glitter policy in my house!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, Frozendiva said:

Maybe there is some space in the barn or somewhere that Brandon and Julia can have some private time. You are not treating her as your son's fiance - more of an exchange student. There needs to be a real adult discussion about boundaries and such. Looks like the craft room has become Julia's room - rules are rules but this may bite the parents back in the end.

I understand the parents' feelings about them staying in the same room, but ma and pa's actions go far beyond what's reasonable. They scheduled every minute in D.C. and are continuing to helicopter in a way most people wouldn't do with teens, much less people in their 20's.

They remind me of a honeymoon resort in the Poconos we went to for our 10th anniversary. They sat us at tables which seated 6 to 8 where we had to dine for lunch and dinner. No cozy little tables for two with romantic candles.

They had group activities all day long like horseback riding, etc. which were cool, but there was this camp counselor-like dude who spoke at every meal, insisting couples sign up for wall to wall activities. They were constantly encouraging socializing with the other couples. They acted like they were afraid the honeymooners would actually, you know, honeymoon. I felt like I was back at summer camp.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2020 at 5:27 AM, kirklandia said:

"United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) graded eggs would be illegal if sold in the UK, or indeed anywhere in the European Union (EU). It’s all to do with the fact that commercial American eggs are federally required to be washed and sanitized before they reach the consumer. EU egg marketing laws, on the other hand, state that Class A eggs – those found on supermarkets shelves, must not be washed, or cleaned in any way."

And, because the protective layer has not been removed, Europeans do not need to store their eggs in the refrigerator.  They do need to wash the shells before using the eggs.

As a European, I have never washed or seen anyone wash an egg!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Takitaki said:

We in the U.S. also get our eggs from the store pre-cleaned. However, when we get them straight from people with chickens, they may be washed or unwashed. Believe me, if they aren't washed, you will know it. Chicken poop, etc. They don't come out clean, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Takitaki said:
On 12/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, kirklandia said:

It does seem odd but who knows? 🤷‍♀️About ten years ago when I was very sick and needed to be careful about my weakened immune system (I know I sound like OG Stephanie) I was taught to be very careful about my food, including citrus. Since then, I wash lemons and oranges before cutting into them because you don’t know what the skin has come into contact with and you don’t want that to touch the pulp. To this day, I will never drink a beverage that has a wedge of fruit in it and always ask for lemon/lime on the side.

• Love 3
On 12/28/2020 at 12:38 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I have nothing but contempt for a doctor who seriously believes in psychics and tarot cards. Are her patients remotely aware what a total loon she is?

I am 99% certain she is NOT a doctor of any kind. 

She looks good for 62. Unfortunately she is claiming to be 52...

Edited by GrammyPammy
Add
  • LOL 3
On 12/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, kirklandia said:

And European eggs are sooooo delicious 💜