Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: What's Mine Is Mine

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Really warming up to Julia, she is being waaaaay more gracious to Brandon’s parents than I would be. They’re just assuming that Julia is going to pitch in with all of the chores. Sure she should pitch in a little bit, but geez, they act like they’re “training” a long-term employee. And even worse, that’s how Branson seems to be thinking. And that shit-hole room with all of their crap stuffed into it? It looks like their catch-all room that they just squeezed a bed into, and they seem to think it’s some grand quarters they’ve provided for her.

Mike needs to sleep with one eye open, Natalie could snap at any moment and  burn his little home to the ground, or worse.

Jovi and Yara deserve each other.

i have a crush on Zied, I find him somewhat adorable.

And is it too much to ask TLC to give us at least ONE couple to root for who have at least a snowball’s chance in hell to actually make it for the long haul? I mean, all the dumpster fires are entertaining to watch, but just a smidge of actual romance thrown into the mix would be nice to watch every so often.

Hello.  Another Mean Jeanne here!  That's been my nickname for years and I spell Jeanne the same.  I was looking at Julia's room and thinking that they couldn't even clean it out to make room for her things?  But I guess it was clean to the mother.  The mom is an asshole and I give points to Julia for going along with everything thrown at her.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

NonJovi 

And another comment: Fuck parents Brandon saying that he is making a "joke" about sharing a room when they put fucking CONDOMS next to his bed. 

NonJovi. I'm dead ! Lol

33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I had to laugh at Julia’s confused expression when Brandon’s father said, “Now, do you have any questions?” like there was going to be a test 

That was a threat. He got angry when Brandon leaned over and poured his wine glass into his dads wine glass--keep drinking dad. Bold. My spidey senses say Brandon's dad is a class A asshole and an intimidating threatening jerk. Mother Brandon's bubby personality is just setting the stage to enable control, manage and keep the dad happy. He was sloshed after the meal. He fumbled a couple of words "take a STANCE" while purporting Brandon needs to take control of his woman and tell her like it is. 

They are also animal hoarders. 

I think they are sticking Brandon in the paint room. All for production. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I missed it, is she REALLY a doctor or just plays one on TV? Anyone can pass themself off as some kind of made up doctor of something. For example, my piano tuner calls himself “The Piano Doctor” but I don’t think he has a medical degree. 

Maybe he has a musical degree?  LOL.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I used to know a couple who trained German Shepherd and sold them as protection dogs.  They used the Schutzhund method, I believe.  

I remember they explained their dogs were trained to respond to German commands so as to avoid confusion (and possibly disaster) if they were trained with English words that could (very unlikely but possibly) be heard in a regular conversation and respond.  

I was only about 12 at the time but that's what I kinda/sorta remember about it.

I wonder if Brandon's parents actually own these dogs or if they're training them for others to purchase.  

I looked at their website.  They do have litters for sale.  But it does look like they are selling off some of their breeders, too.  I know nothing about that business so I don't know if that is common or if they are slowly getting out of the business.  They breed another dog type too.  

http://www.vombrandonhaus.com/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love that the future in laws would get Julia a bike, where would she go if she is miles away from anything?  Did she know she would be living on a muddy farm miles away from anyone or anything? All that was missing was the mother telling Julia to go ahead and scream dear, no one can hear you.

Oh my god, I am DEAD. You nailed it. That hectic grin and the non stop talking!  And Papa Brandon, totally hammered at dinner and ready to snap. She keeps up a running patter to distract him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That was a threat. He got angry when Brandon leaned over and poured his wine glass into his dads wine glass--keep drinking dad. Bold. My spidey senses say Brandon's dad is a class A asshole and an intimidating threatening jerk. Mother Brandon's bubby personality is just setting the stage to enable control, manage and keep the dad happy. He was sloshed after the meal. He fumbled a couple of words "take a STANCE" while purporting Brandon needs to take control of his woman and tell her like it is. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And Papa Brandon, totally hammered at dinner and ready to snap. She keeps up a running patter to distract him. 

This and this. Yes. He is the issue! You said it better than I did ! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Not really.  With the vents on the floor, the place will heat up quickly.  If the system is a heat pump (heat and air conditioning), it will also cool down quickly.  Mike obviously turns the heat WAY down when he goes to bed, as Natalie was shown complaining about the cold first thing in the morning.  Had he turned the heat back up, the place would have been perfectly comfortable for her within 10 minutes.

#voiceofexperience #weliveinthattypeofhouse.

I live in a cold snowy climate. It takes longer than 10 minutes for our house to heat up, especially if it is snowing. It takes a good 30 minutes at least. I just think she likes to complain.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Opine said:

I looked at their website.  They do have litters for sale.  But it does look like they are selling off some of their breeders, too.  I know nothing about that business so I don't know if that is common or if they are slowly getting out of the business.  They breed another dog type too.  

http://www.vombrandonhaus.com/

There is probably a limit on how many times dogs can breed before you get issues - like hip dysplasia. Dogs are overbred as it is. Some kennels do sell the adult dogs after a few years.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mike needs TLC to play the flashbacks of Natalie flipping out on his last day in Ukraine and about her crying because he believes in aliens and not her religion because when someone shows you who they are, believe them..

I thought I spotted a holy picture propped up on top of the refrigerator.  Odd place to put it, I'm sure by Natalie.  Maybe it's to ward off aliens beaming down to snatch a bag of carrots.  I'll bet Mike is none too thrilled to see that everytime he goes into the fridge.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

She could probably have saved the sale by immediately showing them other white rugs, but instead she doubled down on supporting Yara over him.

I'd gladly forgo a sale to get to point out Jovi's various flaws to him. 

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Maybe uncle beau should’ve stuck around. He’d be company for Natalie while Mike’s at work. What is she going to do with herself all day and why didn’t she think about this? 

Maybe she did think about Uncle Beau keeping her company while Mike's at work, and made the same decision I would.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love that the future in laws would get Julia a bike, where would she go if she is miles away from anything? 

When I heard they would get her a bike, all I thought was they knew she would be likely to get killed while riding it on those narrow rural roads.

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

I wonder why Julia keeps using 'him' for 'he'- as in, 'him doesn't tell parents we sleep in same bed'. She does it over and over, and nobody ever corrects her. 

The last person I'll pick on for getting a pronoun wrong in English is a native Russian speaker.  English-speaking Americans have mangled them almost beyond recognition. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I used to know a couple who trained German Shepherd and sold them as protection dogs.  They used the Schutzhund method, I believe.  

I remember they explained their dogs were trained to respond to German commands so as to avoid confusion (and possibly disaster) if they were trained with English words that could (very unlikely but possibly) be heard in a regular conversation and respond.  

I was only about 12 at the time but that's what I kinda/sorta remember about it.

I wonder if Brandon's parents actually own these dogs or if they're training them for others to purchase.  

I once saw a documentary about something like this, so you're not wrong.  

• Love 2

Stephanie is going to end up like what's her name who married the tattoo artist from Jamaica, I think her name was Ashley?

OMG, she slept with Ryan's cousin?   Damn, his cousin is FINE, girl you need to drop Ryan and get with Harris.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I thought Brandon said his parents’ business was dog breeding. As someone upthread pointed out, the other animals seem to be just a hobby and I’d hardly consider them  farmers 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

When Mike said to Natalie something about having breakfast together on Sunday mornings I was surprised she didn’t bring up going to church. Isn’t that going to be an issue?

will we meet the couple who brought them together?

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Seriously. I almost started counting how many times this word was said.

New drinking game: Hear Farm, Drink Alcohol or something healthier.

I'm in. What's healthier, Jim Beam bourbon or eggnog?

Edit: nevermind, I don't have either. Tequila it is.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Absolutely! That salesperson ought not be nasty to the one who has the money, that was so stupid.  

Mike needs TLC to play the flashbacks of Natalie flipping out on his last day in Ukraine and about her crying because he believes in aliens and not her religion because when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

It is hard to take Yara seriously with her balancing the hood on on head just so.

She’ll try dragging him to church at the first opportunity and will have another melt down when he tells her no fucking way. She’s exhausting. 

Happy New Year to my snark peeps! 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Hello.  Another Mean Jeanne here!  That's been my nickname for years and I spell Jeanne the same.  I was looking at Julia's room and thinking that they couldn't even clean it out to make room for her things?  But I guess it was clean to the mother.  The mom is an asshole and I give points to Julia for going along with everything thrown at her.  

Can’t stand his mom OR dad. And that room! I think I saw buckets of the tar they use to pave driveways. If they expect her to be a farmhand, I’d have a long talk with Brandon. Somehow I don’t think he let her in on this before she came to the farm! Oh yeah, crickets in the kitchen? Yuck!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe he has a musical degree?  LOL.

That's funny as theoretically (unless the doctorate was in actual music theory) it would be an MD, but performance equivs to PhDs are DMAs (Doctor of Musical Arts). If you want to bankrupt yourself enough to get one of those (and I have an MM and, er, the unfortunately acronymed BM), you're fairly likely to qualify for a teaching job and not have to do the under-the-hood piano mechanics.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mean Jeanne said:

Really warming up to Julia, she is being waaaaay more gracious to Brandon’s parents than I would be. They’re just assuming that Julia is going to pitch in with all of the chores. Sure she should pitch in a little bit, but geez, they act like they’re “training” a long-term employee. And even worse, that’s how Branson seems to be thinking. And that shit-hole room with all of their crap stuffed into it? It looks like their catch-all room that they just squeezed a bed into, and they seem to think it’s some grand quarters they’ve provided for her.

Mike needs to sleep with one eye open, Natalie could snap at any moment and  burn his little home to the ground, or worse.

I agree! Wouldn't the valiant thing be to give Julia HIS room, and he could have the room they prepared for Julia?! That would have been my decision if I were so dead set against them sharing the same room and my son was bringing home a fiance to live in my house.

And something (EVERYTHING) about Natalie makes me think you are right about her, also.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm in. What's healthier, Jim Beam bourbon or eggnog?

Edit: nevermind, I don't have either. Tequila it is.

Put the Jim Beam in the eggnog. Duh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 12/28/2020 at 7:05 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

the polar bear rug might have been okay --- but it had embedded glitter!!! I can't imagine how triggered I would be, trying to vacuum the rug and seeing glitter that won't come up! Or, worse, comes off and then gets spread around the house. Oy!!!

For some reason, my FIOS DVR recorded 2 hours of a black screen (except for commercials) so I had to go out of my way to watch this online, on my laptop. I feel triple shame because 1) I took the effort to find a way to watch it at 4 AM, 2) seeing it on my laptop meant I couldn't play solitaire or backgammon while watching it, and 3) watching it from a foot and a half distance seems a lot more... involved... than I wanted to be with these people! I want my social distancing space back between them on my TV and me!!

Thank you! This made me laugh out loud (and made my husband look at me like I am nuts!) 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The last person I'll pick on for getting a pronoun wrong in English is a native Russian speaker.  English-speaking Americans have mangled them almost beyond recognition. 

Yes, I think about Angela's "Mikel and I's" and  "Me and Mikel." And  she isn't the only non esl person on the show (or in the country) to make me cringe when they say "Give it to Mikel and I.!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Jovi,  please put Yara in a box and Fedex her back home, what a entitled witch.

Stuff Natalie in there too.  All these Russians and girls from Ukraine might think they are coming to a big city with lights, restaurants, nite clubs, etc.  Do they know they will be isolated?  

Was this the last episode of the season?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think it was Our Lady of Roswell.

It's wrong how loud I was when I burst out laughing after reading this comment! 👽

Dead 💀

53 minutes ago, Cancun said:
13 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Does anyone have a picture of the filthy plushies they put on poor Julia's pillow?

image.thumb.png.46cafa0440d6dad66d9fdbbbb06ea213.png
Such a strange choice...

Is Karine coming over for a sleepover? 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

Okay, so I finally watched this entire dumpster fire episode.

Jovi could possibly be the biggest dick on this franchise EVER.  And that's an extremely high bar.

When they were leaving the parking garage to go into the apartment building, he was walking pretty far ahead of Yara.  

I (stupidly) thought he was ahead of her to open the door for her.

Nope, dead wrong.

That douche not only didn't hold the door open for her, he deliberately let it go and it almost smacked her in the face.

Seemingly little things like this send huge red flags to me that he's a prick through and through.  I could almost see a teenaged boy behaving in such a manner, but not a grown-assed man nearing 30.  Ugh.

I don't care that they were in a disagreement.  He's a sullen, insolent asshole who deserves whatever Yara dishes up to him.  

• Love 24

Jovi wasn’t any more wrong than Yara. She handed him a plate full of demands without considering she had left him out of the equation. She has bitched the entire time she’s been on camera. He, however, did not have to perform so badly. There are other ways to let her know she needed to back off. 

• Love 7

My real thoughts.....

1.  Natalie - Someone said she was trying to be a sex kitten?  Or vixen?  Yeah, you got that right!  Unfortunately, that window expired 20 years ago.  No one, not even Mike, thinks her too tight velour pants that are following her thong up her butt are sexy.  And while I do have an Americanized opinion of beauty, is that huge nose considered attractive anywhere?  I don't like bitches ever, but I sure can't tolerate an ugly bitch that thinks she's hot.

2.  The Brandon fam - I could write volumes.  I agree with another poster that said they think they are getting an indentured servant.  What are these people thinking?  She is a guest in their home.  GUEST.  You've all covered the crazy relationship with the parents and B, so I will open a new topic.  What's up with that ugly hair on Betty??  And who goes by Betty at her age?  She is too young for Betty!  Her name is Elizabeth per their website.  Liz?  Beth?  Anything but Betty or Betsy (even Betsy is a little better).  Could that be her real hair?  If so she needs to grow it long to get some of that curl out.  And if it is a perm, well see my comments on using Betty as your nickname when you can't be older than 60.  I have the same hideous hair (hers is a little coarser and thicker, but the curls that aren't cute are the same).  You have to let it grow so the ugly curls have weight or straighten it.  But she probably paid for it to go with her leather skin "farm" tan.  

3. Yara - No I am not a big fan, but I do give her props for telling him off and circling back to ask him if he understood.  Was she treating him like a baby?  Yes.  Is he a petulant brat that needs a smack in the face?  Yes.  

Do people come on this show and think they are going to come out looking good?  I just can't imagine that anyone would want to hire them or date them after seeing this crap.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Is Karine coming over for a sleepover? 

I hope she brings the 💩 emoji pillow! Didn’t Mike bring Natalie some big stuffed animal when he went to see her in the Ukraine? They're all grown ass women!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Opine said:

<snip> What's up with that ugly hair on Betty??  And who goes by Betty at her age?  She is too young for Betty!  Her name is Elizabeth per their website.  Liz?  Beth?  Anything but Betty or Betsy (even Betsy is a little better).  Could that be her real hair?  If so she needs to grow it long to get some of that curl out.  And if it is a perm, well see my comments on using Betty as your nickname when you can't be older than 60. <snip>

My older half-sister was named Mary Elizabeth but my mother called her Bettye (spelled like that).  She HATED being called Bettye, but she either came to that decision pretty late or just never pushed the issue until she was in her 50s.  By that time, sorry sis, you are Bettye and your family will never call you anything but that.  I did my best but I would slip up occasionally.  She could get pretty nasty about it.  I never thought it was that bad, and maybe Mother Brandon likes it fine.  My first name was trendy when I was a kid but not at all now.  That's just life, and I can't imagine changing it and trying to get people to stop calling me the name they've known for decades.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why didn't Brandon's parents give Julia the room Brandon was going to use? It looked a lot nicer than that hoarder storage closet that they put her in. I think his room had new furniture, too. His mom sure was proud of herself when she presented the room too Julia. "Isn't it cute??" Julia's face said it all. Schmucks.

• Love 6

I think Mike is really a dumb ass. He wants a hot wife (NATALIE) she's religious, not going to cheat, isn't trying to be famous, just wants a kid. Is she any crazier than all the drunk ass druggie welfare moms in his area? NO!

She's a keeper. He's going to do better? All he needs to do is stock the fridge with veggies, let Natalie cook (he could stand to lose some pounds), and turn the heat up! I know old-school folks and they are all about low temps, but it will maybe be an extra 3 bucks a day to keep it warm and it's so worth it. I kind of feel like he is her charity case.

• Love 6
On 12/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, itsadryheat said:

New drinking game: Hear Farm, Drink Alcohol or something healthier.

Natalie suggests carrot juice.

I think it was @Frozendiva who mentioned something about breeding the German Shepherd Dogs. Dogs go into heat roughly (heh) twice a year, starting at around 6-7 months if they aren’t spayed. Breeding before the female is a year old wouldn’t be optimal, not good for the dog’s health and not mature enough to deal with a litter (see Unexpected). Maybe the bitch (heh) would have one litter a year. Once the bitch reaches middle age (6? 7?), she’d start having smaller litters and the puppies may not be as robust and thus not as profitable. So she is put out to pasture and becomes someone’s pet.

From what I could tell, the GSDs that Family Brandon breed and sell fetch (heh) a pretty penny. Looks like many of the puppies go back to Europe, mainly Germany, maybe for a career in law enforcement? If I cared enough, I could probably peruse GSD champion or AKC sites and do some nose work (heh). At least they don’t appear to be backyard breeders, which is their only saving grace.

When Father Brandon set his son straight wrt the house rules, Brandon looked like he needed to be taken out for a walk was peeing his pants. I’m going to guess that Father Brandon is a total nasty asshole in real life.

Novi and Yara aren’t even married and have already met all four horsemen of the marriage apocalypse: Criticism, contempt, defensiveness, stonewalling. Yeah, she’ll be outta there before he returns from his month-long shaman school vacay business trip.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

When Father Brandon set his son straight wrt the house rules, Brandon looked like he needed to be taken out for a walk was peeing his pants. 

I thought Brandon was going to shake. I wonder if he’ll roll over and play dead? Mom and Dad are keeping him on a short leash, that’s for sure. He’ll have to sit up and toughen up, it’s a dog eat dog  world out there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I also can't get over that "farm" family.  The mother treated poor Julia like a new farm hand...perhaps an exchange student.  Julia was clearly allowed to come as a help/aide to the family.  They sure aren't treating her as a fiancee.

I get that it's the parent's home and their rules.  That's fine.  It's old fashioned, but their choice.  

Brandon seems like a nice enough kid. He seems immature, but that's to be expected given his childlike existence in his parent's home.  This is the reason adult children use to moved out of their parent's homes at 18 yrs old.  Because it was time to grow up.

I just get the impression Ma Kettle won't be happy when he does go though.  She wants it both ways... she seems to be happy with her man/boy.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, QueBueno said:

My older half-sister was named Mary Elizabeth but my mother called her Bettye (spelled like that).  She HATED being called Bettye, but she either came to that decision pretty late or just never pushed the issue until she was in her 50s.  By that time, sorry sis, you are Bettye and your family will never call you anything but that.  I did my best but I would slip up occasionally.  She could get pretty nasty about it.  I never thought it was that bad, and maybe Mother Brandon likes it fine.  My first name was trendy when I was a kid but not at all now.  That's just life, and I can't imagine changing it and trying to get people to stop calling me the name they've known for decades.

My mother's name was Betty, it was not short for anything, had it since birth...she was born in 1932 and there were more than a couple Betty's that she grew up with.  I love the name.  

• Love 8
On 12/28/2020 at 11:55 AM, gotta watch said:

I challenge Brandon's mom to say one sentence that does not contain the word "farm." I swear she reminds me of that old joke "But enough about my farm. What about you? What do you think of my farm?"

She won't accept your challenge because the entire Brandon-Julia story line is an infomercial for their farm.  I suspect they only put up the website because the show was airing.  It looks like the FB page is much older.   In addition to Brandonhaus shepherds, she also has a litter of corgis.    I love corgis.

http://www.vombrandonhaus.com/hummingbird-acres-farm.html

On 12/28/2020 at 2:57 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

When I heard they would get her a bike, all I thought was they knew she would be likely to get killed while riding it on those narrow rural roads.

I think I would look around for a saddle and ride off into the sunset.  A horse would be better than the bike.

I don't think for a minute Brandon and Julia cooked up the idea of being on this show.   It is much more likely it was Betty and Julia's idea.  I still think Betty is a 90 day fan.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, sempervivum said:

I wonder why Julia keeps using 'him' for 'he'- as in, 'him doesn't tell parents we sleep in same bed'. She does it over and over, and nobody ever corrects her. 

In learning Spanish I found the small words the hardest, him or he, them or they.  That and order of words in the sentence and past or present tense.   She sounds self taught which is pretty amazing.  But now she’ll have to master thousands of words she’s never heard so it’s good people are not picking at her grammar.  

• Love 10