Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Kids Having Kids

• Start Topic

On 12/23/2020 at 1:10 AM, RoxiP said:

You are correct - my blind rage at Myrka's mother (by the way, I thought I heard Meerka (like meerkat), but then again I only pay about half attention at times) probably let me conveniently forget that.

I think Myrka's mother is a narrow minded, self-involved individual and I do not agree that Myrka (who honestly seems a little slow to me) truly understood the consequences of her actions.  She's a teenager.  They really don't truly understand consequences.  Furthermore, it appears to me that Myrka had been left to raise her younger brother and had protected him from her mother's harshness for longer than her mother's draconian pronouncements.  You don't get your chores done?  You don't eat.  Your sister gets pregnant?  She's out of the house.  Once your sister is out of the house you are now responsible for not only your chores but also her chores.  I get that there are boundaries and rules but once Myrka was pregnant and chose to keep her baby was she just supposed to go and live in the street?  I think Myrka went looking for love and this was the first boy who was kind to her and she would do whatever she could to be around people who are kind.  Yes they should have used protection but honestly I would imagine the statistics of kids who don't are pretty bad.  And adoption would be an awesome gift to a loving couple but that's not what this show is about.

Things are tough in Myrka's home because her mother is a single mom working her ass off to raise two kids. 

The mother was trying so hard to make sure Myrka did not make the same mistakes she did. She wants to best for her daughter and made her expectations clear. Myrka defied her mom's reasonable rule; do not get pregnant. 

Myrka made her own bed. Her mom is not responsible for the pregnancy or the baby. 

• Love 9
On 12/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, lovesnark said:

Or, do his parents shuttle them around? So many questions!!

This is the part that drives me crazy, none of these teens have even considered the impact their pregnancy is having on everyone around them. Do they just assume the parents are there to drive them to their prenatal classes or to take part in prenatal anything including shopping? This was none of the parents' choice and yet they're all expected to step up to the plate because the two kids involved, decided they need to have this baby. I just don't see them being mature enough to understand what a burden they are placing on everyone.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 5
On 1/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, SuseQ said:

Things are tough in Myrka's home because her mother is a single mom working her ass off to raise two kids. 

The mother was trying so hard to make sure Myrka did not make the same mistakes she did. She wants to best for her daughter and made her expectations clear. Myrka defied her mom's reasonable rule; do not get pregnant. 

Myrka made her own bed. Her mom is not responsible for the pregnancy or the baby. 

My heart went out to the mother because I could tell it was killing her that her family of being a single parent turned into another statistic. That was her biggest fear is that by being a single parent her kids would become single parents and she wanted so hard to fight that statistic. but no nope her daughter had to get pregnant. What is wrong with this girl and her boyfriend?

• Love 4

Jenna and her father have a strange relationship!  She couldn't get along with her mother so she moved in with daddy.  He gives her petty much whatever she wants and now she's pregnant!

Step mom is different in that she seems to have no opinion on anything but also caters to daddys spoiled Jenna.

Dad did get a bit passionate about Jennas mother not coming to the baby shower.  Was it a really nasty divorce he never got over?

Who's going to get up with the baby during the night!  Daddy?  Lol

Teens will be teens regardless of what parents say. I spoke constantly  to my 3 daughters about birth control sex etc. They knew what not to do. My one daughter was on birth control and still got pregnant so even the best laid plans fail. All 3 of my daughters got pregnant very young but they knew I would be there as much as I could because I worked 2 jobs to support my 3 by myself. They also knew the only way to make it these days was to go to college. All 3 went while having kids. I am proud to say I have 1 daughter with her Masters Plus in Special Education and has 3 sons. My 2nd daughter is a Psychologist and has 3 children and 1 has special needs he has cereable palsey and he was her first. She continued in school took care of her son had 2 more children stayed in college. My 3rd is a Registered Nurse and has 3 children also. They all were teen moms. I could not support them but I did what ever I could so my daughters would be able to be great moms and to be able to support themselves and their children. I supported my 3 by myself no help from a daddy and I did it the "so called right way." Waited 5 years before we had kids after getting married. Guess what it didn't work so who is to say that these girls are wrong. My one daughter is with her husband but he's only 1 child s dad. He adopted her special needs child and 2nd baby does see her dad. So they are mature beyond mature. But I was there helping, guiding and doing anything for them to be able to succeed in life by going to college. I didn't have the money they all went on financial aid and student loans. So teen moms can do it with a little help. That Myrkas mom will be the one losing out on having a grandchild. One day maybe she will explain why she hates her daughter for getting pregnant. Nobody wants their teens to have babies but you don't throw them out. She has a deep seeded resentment against her daughter. She cannot get these days back or maybe its better for the baby not to have this very evil woman in the babies life.She is so wrong and is missing out of something that is very special for a mother and daughter to share. No matter how old we are we always need mom and then we care for them when they no longer can. I miss my mother every day. They may not be happy about being a grandma but cherish it cause once your gone you never get to come back and get those lost years. Love and take care of your babies they are whats important now. Let the haters hate they are not in your shoes. You all can do it.

• Love 2