Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Family First

• Start Topic

Why couldn't Tariq's grandmother show up for parent's week?

Does Effie have a crew? She shows up on campus alone with a bag of drugs and is willing to split profits 50/50 with Tariq????? Is she Yale's travelling coke squad? Of course she needs to ask the "expert" Tariq to show her how to sell on campus. What was her plan if Tariq wasn't there?

Too bad we couldn't get Effie running into Diana.

I was hoping BruShaundria's mom knocked out Lauren's mom.

Lil Guap is getting a beating from Dru and the two GTG members are just standing there watching (didn't bother help). Those two and other members did the same thing when Cane beat his ass some episodes back. Lil Guap hasn't gotten the message by now that these guys aren't loyal to him? But at least they are responsible paying the Con Ed bill on time!

Did GTG lose members? There were 20 plus at the beginning of the season and now they are down to four  I mean one now.

Sorry Brayden! You found out what we were trying to tell you for a long time: Tariq is lying piece of $hit!!!!

Memo to Malcolm and anyone going after Tariq: he CAN'T fight! Stupid Barz with "all his passion and energy" had him beat.

Monet really thinks Tariq can handle himself against Cane?

WTF! Brayden knows Yale is playing Stanfield and automatically assumes Effie is there selling coke.

Monet couldn't put on a fake nice face around Carrie? She gave her the side eye immediately.

The police would have to know the dead kid on campus is GTG and not a student. The whole place should be locked down now. How convenient the cameras at the pool doesn't work and Tariq already knew. Also, 2-Bit (with a gun) and Effie (with drugs) can easily get into the dorms. Stansfield has to be ranked real low on campus safety.

Please keep Zeke away from the Knicks. Probably the softest 40 points he scored in his career. Also, they don't need crying players who immediately runs to Carrie.

For Jabari's book, let's hope it ends with the lead character (Tariq) dead.

Jabari could be a private detective if his book writing doesn't work out or a superhero with his great hearing power and ability to break pencils.

Why is Tariq meeting Dru at a motel to re-up? They couldn't meet at Monet's house or doesn't Dru usually drop off at Tariq's dorm?

Seems a lot of people know Dru is gay but do they know he is the "Flash"? He ran so fast to tackle Lil Guap before he can shoot Zeke in the knee.

Carrie wants to keep Zeke's and her relationship a secret yet she takes him in her office, closes the door and all the shades are down. How is that for optics Carrie? I'm sure the other faculty members didn't suspect a thing!

Diana just keeps a big roll of cash in her pocket to give to Cane.  

Monet and Cane never had a conversation about Tariq. It's just left to Cane guess on his position in the family. No wonder he is left to act this way!

No Riley or Saxe this week! Yay!

Edited by mxc90
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Why couldn't Tariq's grandmother show up for parent's week?

He probably didn’t ask her. I’m sure she would’ve- Yaz is probably in school during the day. 

12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Seems a lot of people know Dru is gay but do they know he is the "Flash"? He ran so fast to tackle Lil Guap before he can shoot Zeke in the knee.

I did feel deeply for Zeke when that gun was to his knee, he was terrified, and rightly so. Yes Dru was speedy!! I noticed how Monet was quickly to blame Dru, when CANE was the one who’s behavior put Zeke in danger. Monet is right though, it’s clear Cane can’t be trusted to fall in line and respect her authority. He ordered a hit on Tariq for WHAT? Tariq didn’t do anything to him!

Jabahri should be ashamed of his damn self. He’s fine though. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Monet is right though, it’s clear Cane can’t be trusted to fall in line and respect her authority. He ordered a hit on Tariq for WHAT? Tariq didn’t do anything to him!

He told the one guy that Monet was replacing them with Tariq. I guess Tariq is the competition Cane needs to get rid of. 

And painted face guy had one job! ONE! ugh! Tariq and his bad acting still lives 😂

I do not get why Carrie would get involved with a student. It's wrong and she knows it plus she could not foresee Zeke not understanding or caring about boundaries? 

2-Bit and Spanky's mom did have me laughing though. 2-Bit is a dirty dog 😂

• Love 2
Just now, GodsBeloved said:

He told the one guy that Monet was replacing them with Tariq. I guess Tariq is the competition Cane needs to get rid of. 

And painted face guy had one job! ONE! ugh! Tariq and his bad acting still lives 😂

I do not get why Carrie would get involved with a student. It's wrong and she knows it plus she could not foresee Zeke not understanding or caring about boundaries? 

2-Bit and Spanky's mom did have me laughing though. 2-Bit is a dirty dog 😂

Cane thinking that Monet is replacing him with Tariq his him being an insecure little boy. It's called expanding the drug business.

Carrie got involved with a student because she is a sex addict and makes poor poor choices- she needs to get back into therapy. She probably intellectually knows this was a bad idea but is too impulsive and in the throws of her sex addiction to make good choices.

Aww Spanky's Mom and her eye lashes. Giving her the money was the least 2-bit could do.

• Love 2

If Dru and Cane could get on the same page, they'd be a real powerful team. And I'm a bit surprised that Monet kicked him out, given that she admitted to Lorenzo that Cane needs a softer touch to learn and forcing him will only push him further away into some really bad decisions.

Tasha should think twice about threatening someone who doesn't have a problem taking out his own fucking kids. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyt-htP9Bl3iK69VxKmaK

Tariq and Monet at the end of the episode:

tenor.gif

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

If Dru and Cane could get on the same page, they'd be a real powerful team. And I'm a bit surprised that Monet kicked him out, given that she admitted to Lorenzo that Cane needs a softer touch to learn and forcing him will only push him further away into some really bad decisions.

I think that Monet kicked him out because he crossed a major line with ordering a HIT on Tariq (her business associate) without even consulting her. Additionally his poor decisions could've cost Zeke his career or life, and then he let his little brother Dru take the blame (I get it that siblings will cover for each other but still), that shows Monet that Cane cannot be trusted, and his disrespect for her will have doing things to put other people in danger. Im on Monet's side with this one, a "softer touch" only works if someone is willing to be in the fold, Cane is acting like a free agent so he needs to be a free agent. 

• Love 1

Jabari better step back from Tariq. He has no idea what he's messing with.

Yale vs Stansfield. So is Stansfield an Ivy League school or no? I still can't figure out which one it is. Princeton? Brown? Apparently it's close enough to NYC for Tariq and the Tejadas to run back and forth any day of the week.

The next ice age started when Monet met Carrie. Carrie better watch her back if she intends to keep screwing Zeke. Hope she's conscientious about using contraception too.

Tariq was not smart to double-cross Brayden over the coke. That'll probably come back to bite him.

Homecoming during basketball season? I was confused. Does Stansfield not have a football team?

Whee, that look on Cane's face when Tariq came back not dead from getting refreshments.

Is Jabari going to plagiarize Tariq's work?

Carrie wants to keep Zeke's and her relationship a secret yet she takes him in her office, closes the door and all the shades are down. How is that for optics Carrie? I'm sure the other faculty members didn't suspect a thing!

Plus the walls are paper thin. Carrie heard Jabari having sex with a grad student so clearly it was like she was in the room with them.

• Love 1