Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three: Speculation for The Mandalorian

• Start Topic

Re-watched Favreau's 2014 film "Chef" the other day. His emotion got me again when he called his son to come back work with him.  Based on this scene was created(written. Directed) by Favreau , I believe Grogu will be back with his Dad. 

happy tears.gif

1 hour ago, bobby2018 said:

Re-watched Favreau's 2014 film "Chef" the other day. His emotion got me again when he called his son to come back work with him.  Based on this scene was created(written. Directed) by Favreau , I believe Grogu will be back with his Dad. 

happy tears.gif

Favreau also directed The Lion King reboot - so the odds are closer to 50/50

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's one reason why I'm OK with Grogu being a recurring character instead of constantly on the show. S1 and S2 were all about getting Grogu safe, protecting him. Yes, the filler stuff didn't revolve (strictly)  around saving Grogu but, it was part of it. 

I'm really not interested in more seasons of someone trying to kidnap Grogu and Din+company having to rescue/protect him. This has already gotten old (for me). 

I'd rather Grogu show up occasionally or Din go visit Grogu but, have other stories too. Maybe Din gets in trouble and Grogu shows up to save him and then goes back to the Academy?

Baby Grogu fit S1-2 because he's a mcguffin. Padawan Grogu will already be too powerful for this show and, like most Jedi make everyone else irrelevant. Especially when the show is such a simple story (that's not an insult, it's what makes it great).

So I'm in the camp of expecting Grogu back in S3 but, hoping it's limited. I don't want him fully powered Jedi because that makes Din irrelevant, IMO.  I also wouldn't expect a time jump or rapid aging syndrome.

I am a Star Wars fan, I will watch S3 without Grogu, I'll watch it with Grogu, I would have watched it if it was about Boba Fett. I plan on watching Ahsoka, High Republic, Rangers, Andor and, the Bad Batch . Only announced show I have no interest in is Droids...although if there's an episode of Chopper and R2 comparing body counts I will watch (pretty sure Chopper wins that one...he's vicious)😂

I'm also on Disney+ for all the Marvel content that is slowly rolling out, Loki and Falcon/Winter Soldier look awesome, not so sure about Wanda Vision but, I'll give it a try. 

I completely agree with you. I love Grogu but he hampers the storytelling. I’m sure he will be back but the show has to move past protecting Grogu being the main plot. For me, Din is the heart of the show and I am here for his journey. I don’t envy the writers having to plot Season 3. 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that they are going to try to appeal to both groups, but hopefully they will do it well enough that neither of us will be disappointed.

It's interesting that both the Armorer and Ahsoka said that it is Grogu's choice - maybe he'll be the bridge between Mandalorians and Jedis because he's both.  He'll train with Luke and return to Din to travel the galaxy.  

A friend of mine pointed out recently - where is Grogu in the third trilogy?  Well, where is Mando?  Neither are there, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but Mandalorians weren't even mentioned.  So it's perfectly possible that Grogu and Mando are just out there doing what they do during those movies, so they can all still be "canon" or whatever it is that the die hard fans fight over.

I think some people might be hoping that they are mutually exclusive, but I'm hoping that those people will be the ones who are wrong. 😉  I agree with everything you've said here.

New speculation for Season 3:  Somehow, they work in Poe Dameron.  Because why wouldn't besties Pedro and Oscar want to work together? 🤣  (Please note the sarcasm.  I don't know the timeline very well, but would Poe even be born yet?  Oh wait!  I know!  Din rescues baby Poe next, so Grogu has a friend. 😉 )

I hope that we do not see or hear about Poe Dameron.  First, I'm hoping that The Mandalorian and other shows eventually leads to a retcon of the whole second trilogy.  Second, assuming that the character is around the same age as the actor, in 2014-15, Oscar Isaac was 34-35.  The Force Awakens took place 30 years after RotJ.  TM occurs 5 years after RotJ.  So, no, I'd rather not have Din meet age 10-11 Poe Dameron.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, paigow said:

Din will end up on Tatooine looking for Boba and meet a pod racing Poe...

...and be kind of sad when Poe crashes his pod and dies, forever severing The Mandalorian from the Sequel Trilogy...

• Love 3
On 1/1/2021 at 7:26 PM, johntfs said:

I hope that we do not see or hear about Poe Dameron.  First, I'm hoping that The Mandalorian and other shows eventually leads to a retcon of the whole second trilogy.  Second, assuming that the character is around the same age as the actor, in 2014-15, Oscar Isaac was 34-35.  The Force Awakens took place 30 years after RotJ.  TM occurs 5 years after RotJ.  So, no, I'd rather not have Din meet age 10-11 Poe Dameron.

I'm not sure you noted the sarcasm. 😉 

On 12/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, Dani said:

I completely agree with you. I love Grogu but he hampers the storytelling. I’m sure he will be back but the show has to move past protecting Grogu being the main plot. For me, Din is the heart of the show and I am here for his journey. I don’t envy the writers having to plot Season 3. 

I definitely agree that Din is the heart of the show.  But to me, the kid is a great character for revealing what’s in Din’s own heart when there is not necessarily another character who can make that happen.  (Cara is probably the closest, but how often will he see her?)  The kid being there on Din’s travels does a few things for me:

(1) It shows me that he’s a pretty mild and gentle guy at his core (which sounds a little crazy to say of a bounty hunter that kills people, but it’s not like he had a lot of job options, given that his covert and his people were hunted and persecuted constantly, and he’s going to have to earn some funds somehow).  Like in that early episode (I think Sanctuary) where Grogu was pushing the ship’s buttons in spite of being told not to (and was clearly boundary-testing), Din just removes him from the situation, sat him on his lap and started chatting with him about their next stop.  A scene like that shows how Din can be when he isn’t in danger of being murdered:  he’s not really impatient or angry when it’s not deserved.  Otherwise, it is just him sitting alone on a ship, coupled with scenes where he is a badass fighter or interacting with people with whom he is not comfortable. I liked seeing him loosen up a bit in S2 as a result of having the kid around.  And it’s interesting how it changes how other characters react to him, like Cobb Vanth saying that because he noted that Grogu was with Din, he saw an opportunity to work things out, instead of fight.  It changes the tenor of Din’s interactions with others in interesting ways.

(2) I personally (and I know this is a highly personal preference) tend to like dramas where a relationship is at center (parent/ child; romantic; friendship; other familial, whatever).  Then you get all those dramatic possibilities of what each character is willing to do for one another.  And I know there comes a point where it gets old, or ridiculously tragic or what have you, but like, he took his helmet off at the Imperial mining facility just for his kid in S2!!  Isn’t that great?  I’d watch at least a few more episodes like that.  Agreed that the kid being in constant danger probably shouldn’t be the main thrust of S3 (and I’m up for lots more with the Dark Saber and Bo Katan), but you sprinkle in some of that “he’ll do anything for his kid” in S3 and I’d love it.

(3) It’s adorable comic relief to have scenes like the wiring scene with Grogu.  I like a few laughs and to be delighted when I’m watching a drama, what can I say? 🙂

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Peace 47 said:

I definitely agree that Din is the heart of the show.  But to me, the kid is a great character for revealing what’s in Din’s own heart when there is not necessarily another character who can make that happen.  (Cara is probably the closest, but how often will he see her?)  The kid being there on Din’s travels does a few things for me:

(1) It shows me that he’s a pretty mild and gentle guy at his core (which sounds a little crazy to say of a bounty hunter that kills people, but it’s not like he had a lot of job options, given that his covert and his people were hunted and persecuted constantly, and he’s going to have to earn some funds somehow).  Like in that early episode (I think Sanctuary) where Grogu was pushing the ship’s buttons in spite of being told not to (and was clearly boundary-testing), Din just removes him from the situation, sat him on his lap and started chatting with him about their next stop.  A scene like that shows how Din can be when he isn’t in danger of being murdered:  he’s not really impatient or angry when it’s not deserved.  Otherwise, it is just him sitting alone on a ship, coupled with scenes where he is a badass fighter or interacting with people with whom he is not comfortable. I liked seeing him loosen up a bit in S2 as a result of having the kid around.  And it’s interesting how it changes how other characters react to him, like Cobb Vanth saying that because he noted that Grogu was with Din, he saw an opportunity to work things out, instead of fight.  It changes the tenor of Din’s interactions with others in interesting ways.

(2) I personally (and I know this is a highly personal preference) tend to like dramas where a relationship is at center (parent/ child; romantic; friendship; other familial, whatever).  Then you get all those dramatic possibilities of what each character is willing to do for one another.  And I know there comes a point where it gets old, or ridiculously tragic or what have you, but like, he took his helmet off at the Imperial mining facility just for his kid in S2!!  Isn’t that great?  I’d watch at least a few more episodes like that.  Agreed that the kid being in constant danger probably shouldn’t be the main thrust of S3 (and I’m up for lots more with the Dark Saber and Bo Katan), but you sprinkle in some of that “he’ll do anything for his kid” in S3 and I’d love it.

(3) It’s adorable comic relief to have scenes like the wiring scene with Grogu.  I like a few laughs and to be delighted when I’m watching a drama, what can I say? 🙂

This. If Din isn't going to have a regular crew around him, he needs Grogu. The found family trope is still the found family trope whether it be nine misfits on a smuggling ship or one lone wolf bounty hunter and his little green alien son. The Mandalorian, for better or for worse, has built its found family around Din and Grogu, that's the contract established with the audience since the moment Din opened Grogu's cradle and fell in love, and two seasons on it is too late to go back on that now.

• Love 12

I completely agree with you. It would have been more accurate if I said that Grogu has the potential to hamper the show. He hasn’t yet but it will be tricky for the writers to move forward and balance adorable Grogu and keeping the story moving forward.  I don’t want Grogu to be missing for a large part of season 3 but I’m also okay if they move in the direction as long as it keeps Din’s story moving. The things that make the most sense from a story standpoint may be at odds with the group who is only here for adorable Grogu. 

But to me, the kid is a great character for revealing what’s in Din’s own heart when there is not necessarily another character who can make that happen.  

Agreed. And I think this is especially true when you have a main character whose face you can’t see the vast majority of the time. As I think many of us have learned over these last many months, being able to read people’s expressions is a big part of connection. At least it is for me! 

• Love 5

I gunned the series down this weekend so I have much of it fresh in my mind -

I don't think the main plot being the restoration of Mandalore is a good idea, though as a recurring plot, I do like it. They're all a proud people (sometimes to their detriment), and having your homeworld (I know it's not Mando's) wiped out has to be a bitter pill to swallow. I would like some addressing of 'what it means to be Mandalorian or who is a Mandalorian' in this post-Empire world, again, as recurring, and not the main theme. They're still going to have to deal with the darksabre too. Like many, I recall when Sabine just handed it over, but Bo-katan could have taken it then because they were in battle together or something. I'm not hardcore; I can live with a little handwaving here. I don't want to see her become a villain. Plus, the last scene was all about the Mandalorian 'breaking his rules' (thanks to Bill Burr's great monologue), which leads me to think there'll be some extreme situation where she'll be forced to take it (like, he's going to yell at her to just take it). I don't want to see them fight for it. He's been really clear about not really being interested in taking back Mandalore, and he's not even from there, so there's no stake like there is with Bo. Having him all wrapped up in that as a main plot seems unfitting. 

There's no doubt in my mind that the baby's coming back. Moff Fring already said he had the baby's blood, and didn't need him, so I'd find it hard that he'd be hunting them again. I think he needs to be arrested (it looked like he was) and that's it for him. That's also just repetitive tv. I do hope there's some overall 'quest'. I'd like to see a return of the Grogou as still young, but more knowledgeable and able to (mostly) take care of himself. He didn't have a problem using Force Choke, so I think he can be somewhat of an asset to Mando now as part of the team. So I wouldn't mind a time jump. 

I don't know how many here watch Clone Wars, but my faves were when they got into the more mystical aspects of the Force - when they went to Mortis. Given that his species is so rare, and I'm sure Luke will tell him about Yoda, wanting to go off to find who you are isn't really hard to believe. Folding that into a larger story doesn't seem much like a stretch. I don't think keeping him around as just a sidekick and always being in danger is going to work anymore. 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:33 PM, chitowngirl said:

I’m sure having Grogu’s blood out there will somehow factor into Season 3

Maybe that's the quest then. They're going to make 'force clones' or something and they'll have to steal the blood back. 

• Love 1

I was thinking today that because it's still close to post-ROTJ, you're still going to have these Empire remnants around like the guy Bill Burr shot who was still invested in bringing the Empire back, so there's always room for a new Moff to be a foil. Hard to top a heavyweight like Esposito, but he laid the groundwork that a top notch actor can be part of a Star Wars show. 

On 1/25/2021 at 10:23 AM, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't know how many here watch Clone Wars, but my faves were when they got into the more mystical aspects of the Force - when they went to Mortis. Given that his species is so rare, and I'm sure Luke will tell him about Yoda, wanting to go off to find who you are isn't really hard to believe. Folding that into a larger story doesn't seem much like a stretch. I don't think keeping him around as just a sidekick and always being in danger is going to work anymore

I think Ahsoka's show will be covering that ground if her title logo is anything to go by. I wonder if that's how she'll connect back to this show though. 

I know they wanted Luke for nostalgia, but it since there are no plans for a young Luke show. It would've made more sense for Grogu to have gone with Ahsoka, she knew Yoda and has a deep connection to the force. Well I suppose when she's done with her arc, maybe he'll call her to come pick him up and take him back to Mando. 

She never struck me as someone who had the makings of training another force user. This show made it clear she's not over her Vader baggage, which is fair, and she's way away from any Jedi/Sith bs. 

I don't kniw where we are in the time line but she mentioned Thrawn here so I'm assuming either it's right before the end of Rebels or just after. So she's got other business right now. 

I wish Grogu was with Ahsoka  because that way I would know for sure that I will see him again on the Ahsoka show at least.  I  am trying to stay upbeat and tell myself that Disney, Favreau and Filoni  couldn't possibly want to give up their little cash cow and money maker.  That's what the logic side of my brain says.  But then I come across videos from the likes of that Schmo-down guy Kristian Harloff who claims to be a Star Wars expert, and who is a 100% convinced that The Mandalorian will be without Grogu from now on.  I'll admit that kind of thing gets to me though I have serious doubt that guys like him really know anything more than me about the direction of the show. And since I know basically nothing.....

1 hour ago, magdalene said:

But then I come across videos from the likes of that Schmo-down guy Kristian Harloff who claims to be a Star Wars expert, and who is a 100% convinced that The Mandalorian will be without Grogu from now on.  I'll admit that kind of thing gets to me though I have serious doubt that guys like him really know anything more than me about the direction of the show. And since I know basically nothing.....

Why do you torture yourself? Guys like him know absolutely nothing about the direction of the show. They are just guessing and more often than not are trying to rile fans up to get more clicks. They make money off of these videos so of course they have to act 100% convinced. This particular “expert” had a meltdown that he didn’t get invited to Galaxy Edge despite being a fan for five whole years. He’s a self-entitled idiot. 

Edited by Guest

How much was the puppet? I'm assuming in the million dollar range. I would highly doubt Disney would just shelve that level of investment. I know we're all adults, but it's still kind of a kids' show. There's merch to move. My neighbor had a 5 foot baby yoda with a santa hat and a candy cane up in the yard for a month. That's not going away any time soon. 

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How much was the puppet? I'm assuming in the million dollar range. I would highly doubt Disney would just shelve that level of investment. I know we're all adults, but it's still kind of a kids' show. There's merch to move. My neighbor had a 5 foot baby yoda with a santa hat and a candy cane up in the yard for a month. That's not going away any time soon. 

$5 million. I really don’t understand the belief that Grogu is gone for good. Lucas Films is a studio that will bring back anyone and everyone is they can find a way. Even death doesn’t stop a character from reappearing. JarJar is the only character to truly disappear and that is for a really good reasons. They have nothing to gain by shelving Grogu. 

Of course, I also don’t understand the belief that the new movies will be wiped from canon. 

FIVE?! I was thinking of the puppets and costumes on Farscape as comparison (Rygel specifically, but I think the get up for D'Argo was pricey), but I don't think they were even that much. WOW. 

There is no way in this galaxy that he's not coming back for that cost. We got what? About 8 hours of show? That's 625K/hour of puppet. Even if there's a time jump, I would imagine they'd use the same puppet. 

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

FIVE?! I was thinking of the puppets and costumes on Farscape as comparison (Rygel specifically, but I think the get up for D'Argo was pricey), but I don't think they were even that much. WOW. 

There is no way in this galaxy that he's not coming back for that cost. We got what? About 8 hours of show? That's 625K/hour of puppet. Even if there's a time jump, I would imagine they'd use the same puppet. 

That puppet is an amazing artistic and technical achievement.  If you watch the Disney Gallery specials for the first season you can see how much they could do with it - even without CGI.   And how jaded professionals working on the show fell in love with it and would talk to it like it was real.

I totally believe the 5 Million prize tag.

• Love 5

I actually thought Ahsoka was taking more about herself. Because she was attached to Anakin (he was like a brother to her) so she didn't see the darkness in him. So she didn't want to rip Grogu away from Din and cause him to go dark. Which shows that Din wasn't listening to her. She basically said not to send him away. 

Grogu is definitely coming back, this was just they typical separate the characters cliffhanger. Mando is too attached to that kid to just never see him again. Of course Mando didn't seem to get any information about Luke, he didn't even ask him his name. So I don't know how he'll find him. The only way would be if Grogu reaches out to Ahsoka through the force and she contacts him. 

• Love 2

Partly. I don't know if you watched the Clone Wars. I would posit - She thinks her leaving the order and Anakin pushed him to Vader, not that she couldn't see darkness in him. He was always kind of heated, but I would also put that on Kenobi as well. He (Kenobi) was at his best in the field making it up as he went. Having someone so skilled as Anakin and Ahsoka with him made them take a lot of wild (and entertaining) risks. 

Fundamentally, I'd say the attachment is key, but I think Ahsoka was thinking her severing her attachment to Anakin was the problem. So, here, severing the baby from Mando was the analogy. 

• Useful 1
On 1/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

It also took 3 people to control it.  I forget exactly, but one person did the eyes and mouth, one person did the ears and head, and one person did the rest of the body - or something like that.  It really is a technological marvel.  What I never figured out is if the puppet could walk; we never see his feet.  I think all walking is CGI, but much of the rest isn't.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It also took 3 people to control it.  I forget exactly, but one person did the eyes and mouth, one person did the ears and head, and one person did the rest of the body - or something like that.  It really is a technological marvel.  What I never figured out is if the puppet could walk; we never see his feet.  I think all walking is CGI, but much of the rest isn't.

I think they showed the puppet walking a few times. I'm guessing they did it the same way they did the arm movements, which is they used wires or something, and then removed them with CGI. One of the easiest ways to tell it's the puppet is by looking at his arms. If they're barely moving, then it's probably the puppet.

puppet:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b3d434bed4e75f83223d948ec86b4603/24d19b670b24832f-57/s540x810/57add3e52dfc38ad8edf051db3b879e5f42347b6.gifv

I'm pretty sure this is the puppet:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1fb6f916e7c87e195739894b04c61b21/9d7cd3906c2a0649-da/s540x810/103063511c2b07a5da5999fbee6ef4430cd7dc16.gifv

Where as this is CGI:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/df58f47fb76f6c8972030613907e0e83/ef86b0c7e2fd7f1f-19/s540x810/80ac004b200bb2e3450239a300afb2060bf8cbc0.gifv

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I think they showed the puppet walking a few times. I'm guessing they did it the same way they did the arm movements, which is they used wires or something, and then removed them with CGI. One of the easiest ways to tell it's the puppet is by looking at his arms. If they're barely moving, then it's probably the puppet.

puppet:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b3d434bed4e75f83223d948ec86b4603/24d19b670b24832f-57/s540x810/57add3e52dfc38ad8edf051db3b879e5f42347b6.gifv

I'm pretty sure this is the puppet:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1fb6f916e7c87e195739894b04c61b21/9d7cd3906c2a0649-da/s540x810/103063511c2b07a5da5999fbee6ef4430cd7dc16.gifv

Where as this is CGI:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/df58f47fb76f6c8972030613907e0e83/ef86b0c7e2fd7f1f-19/s540x810/80ac004b200bb2e3450239a300afb2060bf8cbc0.gifv

Interesting!  I thought the first one in the snow was the puppet at first, but then I wasn't sure.  And I thought his arms could actually move?  But maybe you're saying that his arms can't move at the same time as his legs? 😉 

13 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

And I thought his arms could actually move?  But maybe you're saying that his arms can't move at the same time as his legs? 😉 

As far as I know, his arms can’t move mechanically like his face does. Here’s a photo of the metal rods they attach to his hands to make his arms move. I’m guessing it’s hard to move them at the same time they make him walk, so they just let his arms lay at his side. In a way, it just makes him cuter!

8E30F99A-03F0-4B6A-8C92-39E567855C4E.jpeg

• Love 2
10 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

As far as I know, his arms can’t move mechanically like his face does. Here’s a photo of the metal rods they attach to his hands to make his arms move. I’m guessing it’s hard to move them at the same time they make him walk, so they just let his arms lay at his side. In a way, it just makes him cuter!

8E30F99A-03F0-4B6A-8C92-39E567855C4E.jpeg

Cute!  He's more "old-school" puppet than I realized.  I think I thought he was more like a little robot. 🤣

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Does anyone know if they are filming Season 3 yet?  The last info I could find that seemed fairly reputable said they'd start in April...

If it has they’ve kept it quiet. There have been some claims that The Book of Boba Fett wrapped in late April. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Dani said:

If it has they’ve kept it quiet. There have been some claims that The Book of Boba Fett wrapped in late April. 

Maybe if they haven't yet, then they will start soon!  I'd bet they have to share the Volume...  

(edited)
22 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Does anyone know if they are filming Season 3 yet?  The last info I could find that seemed fairly reputable said they'd start in April...

Last I heard, they just wrapped principal filming on Book of Boba Fett and started filming Obi-Wan. I don't know if Mandalorian S3 and Obi-Wan will film at the same time or if Mandalorian S3 has to wait for Obi-Wan to wrap.

ETA:

I don't know if this is correct but, according to them Mandalorian S3 started filming in April.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-mandalorian-season-3-release-date-story-cast-and-what-we-know

Disney Plus' Star Wars TV show was confirmed to begin production as soon as spin-off series The Book of Boba Fett finished filming, and a production report mentioned that the third season started filming on April 5, 2021.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Dave Filoni was on Good Morning America for Star Wars Day back in early May and said there would be "lots of the Force" in season 3 of Mando.

I may be naive but I am choosing to hope because of that remark that we will have Grogu in season 3.

• Love 3
On 5/17/2021 at 9:11 AM, magdalene said:

Dave Filoni was on Good Morning America for Star Wars Day back in early May and said there would be "lots of the Force" in season 3 of Mando.

I may be naive but I am choosing to hope because of that remark that we will have Grogu in season 3.

Grogu had better be in it! 😟

I think Grogu has to be in it, because they don't have a show without him.  As much as I love Pedro Pascal - and I do, since his Game of Thrones days - that isn't who people are tuning in to see. 

Plus, Din promised that they'd see each other again, and Din always keeps his promises.

• Love 4

PTB are calling Book of Boba Fett "Mandalorian season 2.5.

Also,  the Grogu puppet was seen on the set of Boba while it was filming.

I hope that is true  because what would be the point of the very expensive puppet being on set unless they filmed with the puppet?  I am choosing to hope just because Pedro Pascal is not filming doesn't automatically mean no Grogu.  Especially now when they are no longer together.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, magdalene said:

PTB are calling Book of Boba Fett "Mandalorian season 2.5.

It wouldn’t surprise me but that’s just a report based on “sources” and not something official coming from the PTB. 

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

I hope that is true  because what would be the point of the very expensive puppet being on set unless they filmed with the puppet?  I am choosing to hope just because Pedro Pascal is not filming doesn't automatically mean no Grogu.  Especially now when they are no longer together.

They’d be crazy to not have him appear in other projects. 

On 6/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, magdalene said:

Also,  the Grogu puppet was seen on the set of Boba while it was filming.

Do we know for sure that Pedro wasn't filming? 😉 

The beauty of the character is that they don't need Pedro on set, he can record his lines from anywhere, including the set of a different project, and have his stunt doubles film the scenes.  

If Grogu was seen on the set for Boba Fett, after today's episode... I'm really liking where this might be headed!

• Love 4

I haven't seen Boba Fett yet - I would guess Luke would want to train the baby to at least grasp what kind of power he has and how to use it without hurting himself and others. Luke also has two force ghosts walking around that might be saying ripping kids from their families isn't the best approach. He probably sends him back. 

We know at some point Luke wants to start another Order, but at this point, with ROTJ only a few years back, he just might not be ready for that yet, and could just be banging around the galaxy. 

tbh, if it was me, as Luke, I'd probably be traveling around spreading the word that the Emperor and Vander have been defeated. Outside of the core planets, it's not like news is going to travel that fast. I don't know if that's addressed in any of the books or comics. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I haven't seen Boba Fett yet - I would guess Luke would want to train the baby to at least grasp what kind of power he has and how to use it without hurting himself and others. Luke also has two force ghosts walking around that might be saying ripping kids from their families isn't the best approach. He probably sends him back. 

We know at some point Luke wants to start another Order, but at this point, with ROTJ only a few years back, he just might not be ready for that yet, and could just be banging around the galaxy. 

tbh, if it was me, as Luke, I'd probably be traveling around spreading the word that the Emperor and Vander have been defeated. Outside of the core planets, it's not like news is going to travel that fast. I don't know if that's addressed in any of the books or comics. 

You need to watch Episodes 5 and 6 of The Book of Boba Fett.  Even if you aren't interested in the rest of the series, you can pick up with Episode 5 without having to have watched the first 4.  If you're a fan of Mando and The Kid, then trust me - you'll love these two episodes.

• Love 3

I think we were all speculating or hoping that Grogu would end up with both the beskar shirt and the lightsaber.  Looks like he chose the shirt to go back with Din... but did he choose both?  Did Grogu not choose Yoda's lightsaber because he's going to wield the Darksaber as the ruler of Mandalore?   

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Doesn't he have to make his own lightsaber?

No. It was right of passage for Jedi younglings but he could use any light saber. 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think we were all speculating or hoping that Grogu would end up with both the beskar shirt and the lightsaber.  Looks like he chose the shirt to go back with Din... but did he choose both?  Did Grogu not choose Yoda's lightsaber because he's going to wield the Darksaber as the ruler of Mandalore?   

Doesn’t he have to win the Darksabre in combat? Din can’t just hand it over...

• Useful 1