Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: No Way Rosé

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

A new face joins My Seanna as the repercussions of Rachel’s decision cause uncertainty for the charter. Elizabeth gets encouragement from her crew members, and Captain Lee steps in after Eddie is put into a precarious situation.

Airdate: 12.21.2020

Annnnd...given some comments in the episode already, here’s a reminder of our politics policy!

• Love 2

Captain Lee should have told Rachel to go fuck herself.  I agree with Eddie -- she does not deserve to come back.  

Captain Lee should still be looking for another chef and then fire Rachel's ass.  How could you possibly trust her?  Who knows when she'll get anxious/stressed/upset/drunk and quit yet again?  

Fuck her.  I hope these charter guests are a nightmare.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

They’ve been on board for five minutes and I want to shoot them, so I have no doubt they will be.  “Plebeians!”  “What’s that?”

New deckhand is pretty cute.  On first sight anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Lee waited until 2 hr before charter to call for a new chef?

Makes no sense.

So Rachel sobers up, crawls back and kills it.  Impressive.

Lee had little choice really.

Elton John and his posse are seriously over the top, but not nearly as demanding as the preference sheet implied.  They seem happy with everything.

Rob seems competent, just a little strange.

Elizabeth is very odd.  She really needs to STHU and stop whining to everybody and getting caught.  Lee really doesn't want to have to replace her

The evil slide rears its ugly head.

Rose is not champagne.  Oy!

James is taking over Sunshine's role.

• Love 21

New 3rd deckhand gets a thumbs up.  Knows what he's doing, cute, self-deprecating.  Good first episode.

Sympathy for Elizabeth waning.

Shut up, Elizabeth.

Also, you should also shut up, Francesca, whiner.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Started watching this on DVR and I’m only 16 minutes in....HHHHHAAAATTTE the primary from the jump. I actually like his popsicles suit.  I think it’s his enormous, overly whitened dentures that irk me the most.  Maybe things will improve by the time the episodes ends?  I am sure there are production shenanigans going on as far as booking charters with “characters” with “personality”, but this group must have been told turn amp up the personality to 11.

I had a feeling Rachel would be back. Mostly because after telling the audience what demanding menus the guests were expecting, and we were still not shown a replacement chef nor a provisions delivery 30 min before the guests showed up.  So obvious the food had been ordered and stowed before Rachel ever put her ass back on board.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Captain Lee should have told Rachel to go fuck herself.  I agree with Eddie -- she does not deserve to come back.  

Captain Lee should still be looking for another chef and then fire Rachel's ass.  How could you possibly trust her?  Who knows when she'll get anxious/stressed/upset/drunk and quit yet again?  

But the thing is, she came back and got down to business, effortlessly it seemed, we did not even see her sweat over all the demands the primary had made.  

Beach picnic is where things are left on board, why is there never a check list?

Elizabeth cannot keep her mouth shut, she complains to anyone who stands still and it really does bring the crew moral down, I could see the chief stew morphing in to Kate C. and making her life miserable till the end of the season...shut up and learn your job!!

New guy is a gold scientist, we know this because he mentions it, a lot.

Every scene with Capt. Lee has that blue mug somewhere in the shot, makes me think something will happen to that mug.

Does Eddie seem like he is less competant as a Bosun this season?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Spelling.
  • Love 8

Rob seems a bit more entertaining.

Am I missing something like what is so horrible about Francescas managing style? I wish Elizabeth had to deal with Kate. Elizabeth is such a little baby. She’s so annoying and I think she thinks she’s doing a really good job lol. 

Izzy seems like a bitch.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Eddie still seem pretty competent. Isn't his usual gig being a tugboat captain or something like that? How long was he away from yachting? I believe it was mentioned in the first episode, but I forgot what was said. I admit to cutting him some slack because overall I do like him.

• Love 8

If something happens to Capt Lee’s coffee mug, I’m sure Elizabeth will have something to do with it. Francesca is starting to nitpick but, at this point, I probably would too.  Elizabeth and her crystals are fucking useless.

While watching Rachel grovel to Capt Lee, all I could think about was, what would Sandy do? I think she’d stake out a permanent parking spot up Rachel’s ass then proceed to interrupt and ruin every single meal by interrogating the guests to the point where they’d never want to eat again. All while simultaneously quoting maritime law. Or get Malia to do it.  

These charter guests were nowhere near as annoying as their preference sheets seemed to predict. They’ve enjoyed everything and and haven’t complained once. Maybe it all goes to shit next week. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Rose is not champagne

Thank you!  My daughter asked me if rose' is champagne and I told her that I had never heard it referred to as such, but I'm not a wine afficiando (although I used to drink champagne a lot...LOL!).

Shut up Elizabeth.  You are incompetent.  If you were not incompetent you might have a reason to complain, but since you screw everything up then you should just shut up.

• Love 12

Actually, there are rose champagnes. If produced in France they are labeled as champagne. If produced elsewhere they must be labeled sparkling wines. They are much sweeter than the white champagne most people are used to.

F76CB80E-B83A-4640-AD56-9EC059B11575.jpeg

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9

So Rachel doesn't explain herself, just says sorry.  She sobered up and decided she wants this for whatever reason or maybe Bravo pressured her or offered her incentives.  I would imagine canceled charters could wreck their shooting schedule and cost real $$.

Because if as Lee says they may not get a new stew who's any better than Elizabeth, what would they say about the availability of chefs, probably even harder to get a good one.

In any event, she ate crow and ate his cooter, offering him French toast and some of the lobster.

Similarly I don't now why Elizabeth wants this job so bad.  Only for a couple more weeks and it sounds like she's from a rich family or maybe she wanted to buy more crystals.

Shane with his fucking paper straws and her with her damn crystals.

Guess successful lawyer daddy didn't make sure she got a good education.

You would think she'd start writing things down.  And Francesca could offer her more feedback than "you need to really step it up."  How about giving her some practical advice for organizing things?

Even Ashling, who's low-drama, rolls her eyes, says it goes in one ear, out the other.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But the thing is, she came back and got down to business, effortlessly it seemed, we did not even see her sweat over all the demands the primary had made.  

Beach picnic is where things are left on board, why is there never a check list?

Elizabeth cannot keep her mouth shut, she complains to anyone who stands still and it really does bring the crew moral down, I could see the cheif stew morphing in to Kate C. and making her life miserable till the end of the season...shut up and learn your job!!

New guy is a gold scientist, we know this because he mentions it, a lot.

Every scene with Capt. Lee has that blue mug somewhere in the shot, makes me think something will happen to that mug.

Maybe this is something she has to do, it’s been said she has quit other gigs too and then returned.  Just a thought, she is now really focused on proving herself to the captain instead of psyching herself up about cooking for all the guests, maybe it helps her stress level somehow.  
OMG Elizabeth is annoying on so many  levels and not the type to work well in a team.  She’s a lot like the young guy that was just let go, hope they’re not typical of their generation.

That deck cleaning stuff makes an appearance in every episode.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Lee waited until 2 hr before charter to call for a new chef?

Makes no sense.

So Rachel sobers up, crawls back and kills it.  Impressive.

Lee had little choice really.

Elton John and his posse are seriously over the top, but not nearly as demanding as the preference sheet implied.  They seem happy with everything.

Rob seems competent, just a little strange.

Elizabeth is very odd.  She really needs to STHU and stop whining to everybody and getting caught.  Lee really doesn't want to have to replace her

The evil slide rears its ugly head.

Rose is not champagne.  Oy!

James is taking over Sunshine's role.

I think there’s pink, blush, or rose champagne references 🤷‍♀️ so maybe?

Yes, I was wrong.  Before looking it up, I had no idea rose' champagne was a thing.  Had never heard of it.  True Champagnes only come from the Champagne region of France and have many variations.

Everything else is sparkling wine.

• Love 3

Since they showed the names of the harbor and the general area where they anchored, I looked them up.  It's about a 22-24 mile cruise depending on their path around the island.  That's about twice as far as one I looked up from last season of BDM.

• Useful 3

I think the problem with Elizabeth falls on both Elizabeth and Francesca. Was Elizabeth told to take a certain #of bottles of champagne to the beach?  I don't know because I am finding this season so boring that I am not paying close attention. In past seasons we saw Kate with a check list making sure everything was packed. But then we had BDM where the crew and 2 of the stews climbed up a huge hill for a picnic and found out that they had no cutlery and had to go to a restaurant and beg for some knives and forks. And the boat ride with Bloody Mary mix but no vodka. I think a lot of what is happening with Elizabeth is production trying to drum up some drama and excitement. You know will she or won't she be fired?  Because not much else is happening here. 

• Love 2

If Rachel's usual MO is to flip out and quit when a preference sheet is full of crazy asks wouldn't she be hard to place, surely the captain of whatever ship has some say over who is working on their ship, there are probably more than one very talented chef's working on ships, right?  She did not seem to have any problem with any of the requests, she had no help and produced drool worthy meals.  Capt. Lee did not ask questions, he just accepted her apology which is unlike him to miss an opportunity to whip out one of his sayings.

This charter's primary was crazy on paper but in person, not so much, he keeps talking about rose champagne but has yet to be served rose champagne but has not complained once and his friends seem chill.

Elizabeth has done nothing but complain about her boss in every talking head and to everyone but the guests, once again the weakest link has the most to say about how bad her boss is, P.S. I have had some horrible bosses, this girl has it easy.

Francesca asked that the master cabin have the sheets changed and they were along with the other cabins, my only thought was that it added to the laundry pile which the stews struggle with daily to conquer.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Shut up Elizabeth.  You are incompetent.  If you were not incompetent you might have a reason to complain, but since you screw everything up then you should just shut up.

Yeah, this is kind of it.  Francesca really isn't any kind of great leader (I mean, and neither was Kate, honestly.  Yes, I'll go there.  Kate was entertaining, but if someone had to be actually MANAGED, well, meh.), but it's kind of impossible to get on Elizabeth's side here even when you want to. 

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

If I were Elizabeth’s crew mate I’d be voting to get her fired.  She is creating more work for others and is either oblivious or doesn’t care.  Everyone messes up occasionally but most people clean up their own messes.  If she’s done anything helpful to make up for Eddie’s additional tender run, Chess’ additional clean up work or Ashling having so much more laundry to do we haven’t seen it.  Can they please bring back Josiah? 

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Francesca asked that the master cabin have the sheets changed and they were along with the other cabins, my only thought was that it added to the laundry pile which the stews struggle with daily to conquer.

I thought Francesca asked Elizabeth to ask Ash to change the master bedroom sheets because the primary requested it.  Of course Elizabeth fucked it all up by telling Ash to change all the guest room's sheets.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought Francesca asked Elizabeth to ask Ash to change the master bedroom sheets because the primary requested it.  Of course Elizabeth fucked it all up by telling Ash to change all the guest room's sheets.

And like Eddie with the Sun Child leaving the garage door open - and maybe I'll be alone on this one, too - I'm really putting a decent amount of this on Francesca, ultimately.  OF COURSE, Elizabeth should not be stupid enough to make that error; but you have a staff of TWO, Francesca, not 12 or 22.  You do not need to tell one to tell the other to do something, especially one you've already been shown is incompetent multiple times.  (And as changing EVERY ROOM is not a short job, how did you not catch Ash doing this while simply checking in with her at some point?)

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lassus said:

OF COURSE, Elizabeth should not be stupid enough to make that error; but you have a staff of TWO, Francesca, not 12 or 22.  You do not need to tell one to tell the other to do something, especially one you've already been shown is incompetent multiple times.

I totally agree, if Francesca wanted Ash to do something, Francesca should've asked Ash to do it.  They have radios for fuck's sake!

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I’m pretty sure Chess asked Elizabeth to freshen up the cabins and change the sheets in the master.  There was footage of Elizabeth struggling putting clean sheets on all the beds and then delivering all the dirty sheets to Ashling for her to wash.  As always, editing monkeys could be messing with us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, aghst said:

In any event, she ate crow and ate his cooter, offering him French toast and some of the lobster

Yes Captain! What we have here is a basic Brioche French Toast, although I did rub my cooter all over the Brioche. Enjoy!

• LOL 8

Elizabeth spends a lot of time working hard, but she doesn't work smart. One problem she has is she spends a lot of valuable time talking instead of just getting down to business. She also doesn't listen to the chief stew's directions very well, & often leaves jobs incomplete & others have to pick up her slack. 

I had some concern about Elizabeth watching her relationship with Rachel. After their night out, Elizabeth was complaining about the chief stew (again 🙄) & mean drunk Rachel started berating & cursing at her--- telling her to just suck it up. Eddie fled the van in horror. Later, when Rachel was crying about missing her boyfriend, Elizabeth hugged her. Um, no. That's some doormat-ish behavior right there & it's unhealthy. Rachel knew how long the job was before she accepted it; maybe she needs to "just suck it up," too. Hm!

(It's early here, but all this talk about champagnes/sparkling wines is making me thirsty, lol! They come in white, rosé, and red. Pink champagne is my absolute favorite tipple. When we could go out I'm out, I always ask the servers for "pink" champagne. Sometimes in a noisy restaurant if you ask for "rosé" champagne, they will accidentally bring you the flat rosé. I say all this to say that "rosé" alone is generally understood to be flat wine. The guests were being a little bit extra, although they were much nicer than I thought they would be.

.......Oo-ookay. Yeah. I'm gonna go make a mimosa now. 🤭🍾)

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Rachel sure is handling this charter well despite allegedly having even less time to prepare. I could do less with the cooters and clams and other euphemisms that are now Bravo sound bites.

I am glad the guests so far are just...happy. There was only the barest mention, if that, at having to wait for the rose.

Lee praising Eddie for getting the slide back in order and Eddie responding with how that had been a terrible mess to begin with is one reason why I like him. Eddie isn’t afraid to acknowledge when he’s made a mistake or when one has happened under his watch. 

Izzy and Elizabeth getting pissy because Francesca calls them out on talking about her when they’re...talking about her...is an amusing bit of entitlement. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Rachel's usual MO is to flip out and quit when a preference sheet is full of crazy asks wouldn't she be hard to place, surely the captain of whatever ship has some say over who is working on their ship, there are probably more than one very talented chef's working on ships, right?  She did not seem to have any problem with any of the requests, she had no help and produced drool worthy meals.  Capt. Lee did not ask questions, he just accepted her apology which is unlike him to miss an opportunity to whip out one of his sayings.

I wonder that she gets away with it because she obviously an extremely talented chef.  She's got to be one of the best ones this series has ever hired.   I'm not adventurous with food, but I'd certainly try anything prepared by Rachel.

Elizabeth seemingly WANTS to do good, but is either too dumb or too lazy to follow through.

Eddie's impression of Trump was pretty funny and spot on.

Izzy and Elizabeth getting pissy because Francesca calls them out on talking about her when they’re...talking about her...is an amusing bit of entitlement

Right?!  I like Izzy when she sticks to being a deckhand.

The guests were refreshingly less demanding than expected.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Lassus said:

Francesca, stop whining.

Actually, maybe it's just me, but these guests don't seem difficult at all so far.  Maybe later?

So far their demands have been met minus two courses of their requested 10 course meal. And then one of the guests did make mention that the tasting menu is "only 8 courses". They do look very happy with what has been presented to them, including the unicorn floats.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Elizabeth seems to have a listening and comprehension issue. Wonder what Liz will say when she sees the playback of her instructions from Francesca about changing the master bedroom sheets and what she relayed to Ashling. There is some "dumb blonde" in this girl, seriously. No reflection on you blondes out there, just a figure of speech.

Edited by luvthepros
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

........ OF COURSE, Elizabeth should not be stupid enough to make that error; but you have a staff of TWO, Francesca, not 12 or 22.  You do not need to tell one to tell the other to do something, especially one you've already been shown is incompetent multiple times.  (And as changing EVERY ROOM is not a short job, how did you not catch Ash doing this while simply checking in with her at some point?)

Very good point.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Yes, I was wrong.  Before looking it up, I had no idea rose' champagne was a thing.  Had never heard of it.  True Champagnes only come from the Champagne region of France and have many variations.

Everything else is sparkling wine.

Rose champagne is made by all the big Champagne houses, Veuve Cliquot, Moet Chandon, etc.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/drinks/g13454040/rose-champagne-bottles/

I don't know if these yachts stock only $40 champagnes or $80-90 bottles or even higher priced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

i continue to be impressed by Rachel.  Yeah, she quit in a fit of pique, but she didn't serially sexually harass a coworker, physically assault a coworker, or be a homophobic asshole who could be bested by a Taco Bell line cook in culinary skills.  So she's got a potty mouth, but that's fuckin' par for the fuckin' course. She also hasn't jizzed on a pillow, leaving it for the stews to clean up.  She put out an outstanding lunch, a perfect breakfast, house-made marshmallows for s'mores, and a multi-course tasting menu for a Mardi Gras themed dinner in one day...and I'm still not sure how she got crawfish to start with as 2020 was a bad year for the bugs.  Or how she did all that alone in one day.  I seriously doubt any other BD chef we've seen could do that, not even the much-praised Ben.  She's actually on the wrong show: she'd smoke Top Chef.

I still think Elizabeth is worse than Sunshine.  He tried, she doesn't.  The editors don't even have to work to make her look bad--she just doesn't listen, so if Francesca were the most patient boss, it wouldn't matter one bit.  If I were Francesca, I'd take the devil I didn't know, because I'd hope anyone else would listen to a "do that outside" as a direction to "do that outside" lest we all get fumes (not mustard gas, but still nasty fumes...that chief engineer was way off base).  And, TBH, pouring the wine by the neck is almost worse than the not listening to any direction.  It's just so fuckin' tacky. LOL

• Love 17

If Francesca is having so much trouble getting her stews to complete their jobs, she should take 10 minutes and make them a checklist. One that Elizabeth can check. It might give her incentive to work smarter, harder and faster. I can finally bunk down for the night when I have completed x, y, and z. 
  One of the charter guest looks just like one of my neighbors. My neighbor is married, but a lot of us have always thought he has a very effeminate affect. Hmm...could this be him? Nah, he wouldn’t go on national tv to come out, but around my neighborhood nobody would be caught dead watching Bravo. Now I do, but don’t advertise it. Some are too good for tv or only go the PBS or TCM shows. I don’t need to step up my game, but these shows do need to step up their watch ability. 

• Love 3

What is the deal with pouring wine by the neck?  Heat from your hand spoil the wine or something?

Or it's just a mannerism reinforced by the peculiar practices in high-end restaurants or something?

I knew Rachel was going to be back. Kate said on WWHL last week that she worked with her before and she has quit and come back. I felt the reason why she "quit" was because she missed her boyfriend and she got caught talking about Francesca with Elizabeth. So to make herself look less guilty she threw a hissy fit about the demands of the charter guests this way they could see how important she is and take the heat off herself with francesca. Just my 2 cents... 

Even though their preference sheet was lengthy and demanding, they seem like they were super happy with everything (so far). 

There were those one group of guests that Captain lee had to sleep outside of his cabin because the one girl wouldn't share her bed. They also didn't want things cooked on Teflon pans. Gluten free, dairy free, no peppers.

I rather spend it with these guys. They seem like fun.  I would rather be sipping champagne with them then eating gluten free non dairy pizza. No offense to anyone who has celiac... Just comparing these 2 charter guests groups.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, aghst said:

What is the deal with pouring wine by the neck?  Heat from your hand spoil the wine or something?

Or it's just a mannerism reinforced by the peculiar practices in high-end restaurants or something?

I forget what season but in the past we’ve seen Kate train a stew on how to pour the wine, which is they have the bottle wrapped in a napkin and they hold it at the bottom.   I’m not sure why...maybe it’s just the “proper” way to do it. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Lassus said:

You do not need to tell one to tell the other to do something, especially one you've already been shown is incompetent multiple times. 

She told Elizabeth to change the sheets in the master and Elizabeth is the one who did that and pulled all the other sheets, the reason it impacted Ashling is she was on laundry duty and had to wash all the sheets in addition to the other laundry she had to do, they even showed Elizabeth bringing in all the sheets and giving them to Ashling.

She also told Elizabeth directly about the sunscreen and tequila shots for the last beach picnic she forgot things for. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10