Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Day at the Stadium

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I agree about how off Maddie looked in rehearsal, but I feel like I saw the scene with Madeline M looking so off a bit differently than others did. I think it was Madeline who was in the right and Alora-Rose was off. Just because Kelli said A-R was having her own something or other while they were dancing doesn't mean A-R was doing the moves correctly--and just about everything I've seen of her pervious dancing and other commentary during rehearsals gives me no reason to think, if there are two people in the frame and they are doing different moves, that Alora-Rose would be the one doing it correctly and a 3rd year vet was not. Alora-Rose looks like a hot mess most of the time and you can't really see enough of the people next to either of them to get a clearer sense of what is what in that shot. I don't care for her DCC-style dancing and I don't find her face that pretty, either. Just not that into her and I would think that Kelli would love to be able to say a Rockette can't hang with the DCC and kick her to the curb. I will say this for her, though, when she's really on, Alora-Rose is pretty fun to watch, but DCC just doesn't seem her style and I get it.

Annabelle was a mess and I didn't understand how on earth she was the highest scoring rookie candidate. They could have cut her the first night and been fine by me. 

I was hoping to hear the guest judges discuss who they would like to see at point/in the triangle in this episode. I'm really curious about who Charlotte likes for those positions, since I think her opinion counts for a lot. Based on what I saw on the episode, Maddie is far from the top vet this year--but I thought that last year, too. I have a terrible feeling she will come back for at least another year.

Re: episode editing, I'm with y'all. I also dislike that all of them getting assigned to groups and meeting the vets (aside from quick clips of meeting big sisters, but I was distracted that whole scene by Lisa's pants and trying to see who was wearing their masks). We are seeing basically none of the ways they are actually trying to build a team and create a sense of group cohesion.

Spoiler

But, maybe that didn't really happen this year--obviously, much of what they can do together is so limited--and that is part of the reason people on the spoiler board are complaining that the cheerleaders look so sloppy performing on the decks at games this season. 

Judy wins the award for most glamorous hair while wearing a face shield. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

but I feel like I saw the scene with Madeline M looking so off a bit differently than others did. I think it was Madeline who was in the right and Alora-Rose was off

That's what I thought too, and that Kelli made the "party" comment cause she was doing her own thing

• Love 3
7 hours ago, M1977G said:

I think it was Madeline who was in the right and Alora-Rose was off.

I think they were both off. I think Madeline M. was thrown a bit - hesitated a bit - because Alora - Rose was 'having a party' (wrongly) right in front of her. I give Madeline a pass for that - easily. That would throw anyone off a bit.

• Love 6
On 12/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, DCC-UK said:

No idea how old it is but it's featured on the show EVERY year, wouldn't you at least see if you could try some of the footwork or get the arm sequence as best you can? You could certainly try to practise your sexy walk and travelling.

I don't know what it's like in other places, but basically EVERY HS in the DFW area has an entire football field painted on their parking lot for the marching band to practice on. It would not be hard to go practice hitting the yard line in the evenings/weekends. 

• Love 2