Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Day at the Stadium

ByTor
  • Start Topic

The Candidates are put through their paces on the field. Surprisingly it's not just the new ladies who struggle. Melissa Rycroft, Neal McCoy, Charlotte Jones are featured.

Please keep in mind NO SPOILERS.  If something happened that is not shown in this episode, please do not post it.

Thank you Thor for opening this! 

OK, I loved Annabelle's video and it made me see why Kelli liked her so much.  "How 'bout them Cowboys!"  🙂 But I get that she isn't quite up to the task.  I think Maddie knew it too with the camera attention -she gave it a side eye. (nice to see her looking out for candidates)  Annabelle was gracious and had the experience of her life! 

• Love 13

I don't care for Alora-Rose's style it seems really clunky.  She reminds me of that dancer that was kicked off for being "toxic" about weight comments Chelsea?, which is funny because I adored her she had a big personality.  Maybe because of this season we just can't see the personalities and get to know the candidates, but I don't get the appeal.

• Love 6

I would have cut Sheridan immediately for the Girl comment.  She's also not as good as many of the other rookies.  Annabelle was a hot mess on the field.    Kelli did not look great.  The only change I would have made is I would have had 5 cuts.  Meredith and Kat both deserved to be cut based on last night's episode.

• Love 9

Why it is ok for Kat and Meredith to be behind ? Its 12 months too late to be in the "almost" category.

Please take my suggestion and cut the lowest scoring vet that comes into training camp.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 19

I thought there was a "make shift" office  (probably just for the show) at the stadium for K&J to talk to a dancer before or after rehearsal. So why not have conversations there before they get back to the hotel ?

I do agree that Anabelle might need another year, Not sure Broadway (once it comes back to life) is the place to pick up DCC style, but it sounded like she probably came to tryouts a too soon.  Maybe if there wasn't so many vets returning. dancers with strong college and/or pro experience and more time in camp.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

omg annabelle handed her cut so well. she's so beautiful. classy girl. i'm shook at kelli liking her SO MUCH tho. to the point of CRYING? why? is she secretly your daughter? lmao

Kelli's reaction to cutting Annabelle was a little more emotional than we normally see, but it does show that she isn't completely heartless and having to cut someone isn't an easy thing for her.

Oh Meredith...yikes.  Did you not practice at all off season?  i like her, but had to shake my head at Kelli's comment that Meredith was not showing what she brought to Training Camp last year.  What???  She was always on the fence last year.  I think she was called in at least 7 times. 

Love Melissa Rycroft and glad she's back for another season.  Charlotte surprised me with her insightful critiques.  She's not just a figurehead.....her observations were spot on. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Kelli's reaction to cutting Annabelle was a little more emotional than we normally see, but it does show that she isn't completely heartless and having to cut someone isn't an easy thing for her.

Oh Meredith...yikes.  Did you not practice at all off season?  i like her, but had to shake my head at Kelli's comment that Meredith was not showing what she brought to Training Camp last year.  What???  She was always on the fence last year.  I think she was called in at least 7 times. 

Love Melissa Rycroft and glad she's back for another season.  Charlotte surprised me with her insightful critiques.  She's just a figurehead.....her observations were spot on. 

ITA - I like Melissa and Charlotte in the luxury boxes better than I like  them on the dance floor level. And that they were separated - not feeding comments or expressions off of each other.   I hope that is one adjustment the show keeps, when the pandemic is over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, JapMo said:

It seemed weird to me. Why is she so connected to Annabelle? I honestly questioned if Kelli was doing a bit of acting for dramatic effect?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is 3 a record that Kelli has cut on one night ?

i think in season 10 kelli cut like 5 in one night. selina, courtney, kyndall, kaleigh, taylor

yeah i just googled it to check myself. now THAT was a bloodbath 

9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It seemed weird to me. Why is she so connected to Annabelle? I honestly questioned if Kelli was doing a bit of acting for dramatic effect?

yeah same, i'm conflicted. she wouldn't stop emphasizing how much she was her favorite. i liked the show of emotion but it was a little bizarre. even when she's cried in the past (like season 9 alexandra's cut) it wasn't that intense

15 minutes ago, sATL said:

I do agree that Anabelle might need another year, Not sure Broadway (once it comes back to life) is the place to pick up DCC style, but it sounded like she probably came to tryouts a too soon. 

honestly it sounded like she meant it in a "this would be better for her than dcc" way. i don't think she thinks she should try out again. she was like 'i'll remember you and your cows, forever, annabelle. *cries* goodbye'

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, DallasDiva243 said:

I really like how well the girls are taking the cuts this season. So well spoken and mostly composed! I think Kat and Meredith are beautiful but they both should have been cut. 

Yes, how refreshing that we haven't seen the waterworks from previous seasons.  No "could you give me one more week (day/hour) to prove I can do it"?  Not a single "all I've ever wanted since I was a little girl is to be a DCC".

Although we've seen Kelly be pretty brutal to vets at auditions in years past, I think she tries to give them more time once they are in 
TC, and maybe that's why she didn't cut them last night.  She should, however, have called both of them in and laid down the law.  If what we saw was correct and not camera angles and tricks, they both really looked bad.   

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, sATL said:

I like Melissa and Charlotte in the luxury boxes better than I like  them on the dance floor level. And that they were separated - not feeding comments or expressions off of each other.  

"we are communicating through technology."  

Not walkie-talkie or intercom or even FaceTime or simple words like that.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

She reminds me of that dancer that was kicked off for being "toxic" about weight comments Chelsea?, which is funny because I adored her she had a big personality. 

I loved Chelsea too, and still despise Kitty for being such a tattletail and getting her bounced.  However, in rewatching those few episodes for her second season, it didn't seem that Chelsea was taking it too seriously.  She either shrugged or laughed off any criticism.  As Kelli said to her, she just barely made the team the previous year.  But I still feel her comments to the other girls wasn't bad enough to be cut.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was extremely disappointed with Kat and Meredith. If there was a final audition this year, I have no doubt that they would've been one of the veteran cuts. You're a veteran now; it doesn't matter if you've been on the squad for 2 years or 5 years. You're supposed to show these rookie candidates how it's done, and them looking lost during the combo is unacceptable. I don't care how pretty or charming Kat and Meredith are. If I was Kelli, I would've called them both into my office that night. 🙄 

Unpopular opinion, but Kat gets on my nerves a little bit. She's beautiful, but last season it felt like she was determined to be on camera or in a confessional at every chance.  I see that hasn't changed this year. She's someone that I feel gets shoved down our throats, and I hate feeling that way because I like seeing DCC women of color getting attention, but enough of her! There are other veterans to interview.  Part of me feels like she's using the attention to get more popular, and then retire from the DCC and pursue reality TV or something like that. 

Moving on, I'm pleasantly surprised with Sydney. I noticed she has a more muscular bottom half (I wish my butt looked like that!), but I haven't heard anyone mention it. Girls in the past would've been labeled "bottom heavy", but maybe they're starting to ease up on that. I don't think she had her uniform fitting since she got sick, so we'll see how she looks in the shorts.

It was another semi-boring episode for me. But then again, we are in a pandemic and there really isn't much to do outside of the bubble and AT&T Stadium.

• Love 17

Anyone know just how old is the field entrance ? It's a wonder that no one anyplace else is teaching/doing either the walk (4 counts ,5 yards) or the arms, as part of what ever else they are doing on their fields or stadiums.

Armani's look away when Judy said that had me rolling... You could see what she was thinking... "WTH... " she did a quick glance to look at the yard lines..."  🤣

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, sATL said:

Anyone know just how old is the field entrance ? It's a wonder that no one anyplace else is teaching/doing either the walk (4 counts ,5 yards) or the arms, as part of what ever else they are doing on their fields or stadiums.

Armani's look away when Judy said that had me rolling... You could see what she was thinking... "WTH... " she did a quick glance to look at the yard lines..."  🤣

No idea how old it is but it's featured on the show EVERY year, wouldn't you at least see if you could try some of the footwork or get the arm sequence as best you can? You could certainly try to practise your sexy walk and travelling.

• Love 8

I haven't really had much of an opinion so far, but tonight's episode made me want to chime in.

I really liked Annabelle, she just made me want to root for her. She carried herself with so much poise and communicated great. I agree with her cut, since memory/sequence seems to be an issue, but in a normal season with a normal training camp I think she would have done better.

I don't think Kelly has the "look", but beauty is incredibly subjective, so others might have a different opinion. Not super sad about her, but she handled her cut really well.

Sheridan is pretty "meh" to me, but I think a lot of it is her baby voice. That makes me crazy in a grown-ass woman. I don't like it when they bring a woman back to training camp just to cut her again, but she did handle it reasonably well, so props to her.

I yelled at the TV when they said Hannah was looking pale. Obviously visiting a tanning salon isn't at the top of her priority list during a freaking pandemic! Give the woman a break!

• Love 16
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Why it is ok for Kat and Meredith to be behind ? Its 12 months too late to be in the "almost" category.

Please take my suggestion and cut the lowest scoring vet that comes into training camp.

Kat, I know they love her beauty and personality (or persona?) but no… she struggled all year.

Meredith, I pulled for her all last year because I felt they needed some pretty girls on the squad but she needs to go.  She barely made the squad last year and is still messing up …

• Love 4
8 hours ago, vanillagum said:

honestly it sounded like she meant it in a "this would be better for her than dcc" way. i don't think she thinks she should try out again. she was like 'i'll remember you and your cows, forever, annabelle. *cries* goodbye'

That's how I took it.  They normally say "we think you could develop.." or "We would like to see you next year" if they mean it.

• Love 4

Things we learned this episode: The stadium is BIG. Meredith struggles. Kat is lost. No one can do that entrance properly. So, same as last year?

Stadium entrances matter because 80,000 people are watching YOU. In reality, the normal entrance is before kickoff when most people are watching a beer line move slowly. 

Happy to see cow’s girl go home, Sheridan should have been cut last week, and no clue who Kelly was. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I yelled at the TV when they said Hannah was looking pale. Obviously visiting a tanning salon isn't at the top of her priority list during a freaking pandemic! Give the woman a break!

I remember thinking they are being so nice this season and I missed the snark and then they pick on Hannah!  I don’t get their comments about Hannah.  She is a ginger, so she would naturally be more ivory complected.  Reminds me of Irish dance where they had everyone spraytan their legs and I thought, we are celebrating Irish culture and we are a pale people this makes zero sense! lol!  I think it is pageant world ideas creeping in but what do I know?!

• Love 12
4 hours ago, MissDivine said:

Moving on, I'm pleasantly surprised with Sydney. I noticed she has a more muscular bottom half (I wish my butt looked like that!), but I haven't heard anyone mention it. Girls in the past would've been labeled "bottom heavy", but maybe they're starting to ease up on that. I don't think she had her uniform fitting since she got sick, so we'll see how she looks in the shorts.

I'm glad they are encouraging Sydney.  It's surprising she was not stronger previous episodes with her dance background.  I do think she is really pretty and that 8 count was sexy!

• Love 7

Yay, there's an episode thread! Random thoughts:

Sydney makes weird faces.

Doesn't make sense to equate Hannah's being pale to not wanting to be there. Plus, they were told to ignore fixable cosmetic issues this year. 

I'd love to see more Dani. Didn't realize how tall she was. 

On the tall note, interesting commentary on Jada. 

Still hoping we will eventually see more Claire. Interesting look, but I love her.

Who is the manly woman walking them out?

They had to play the overused "Someone You Loved" during cuts. I hate that song because the teens play it over and over on TikTok in our house! Also, dumb fit for the show, like the Post Malone song.

I'm a terrible person, but if I were Annabelle I would try to contour that bulb on the end of my nose. 

I'm sure I'll think of more. 

Oh, Kat should be cut. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Yay, there's an episode thread! Random thoughts:

Sydney makes weird faces.

Doesn't make sense to equate Hannah's being pale to not wanting to be there. Plus, they were told to ignore fixable cosmetic issues this year. 

I'd love to see more Dani. Didn't realize how tall she was. 

Still hoping we will eventually see more Claire. Interesting look, but I love her.

Who is the manly woman walking them out?

They had to play the overused "Someone You Loved" during cuts. I hate that song because the teens play it over and over on TikTok in our house! Also, dumb fit for the show, like the Post Malone song.

I'm a terrible person, but if I were Annabelle I would try to contour that bulb on the end of my nose. 

I'm sure I'll think of more. 

Oh, Kat should be cut. 

Not another one, Kat has the appearance, personality, stamina, almost everything.

• Love 3

Kristin and Maddie look thick. Kat should’ve been cut. Kelly was never going to make it based on her look. Does anyone else think Sheridan looks like Marcia Brady from the Brady Bunch movie about 20 years ago? I liked her!

Loved (/s) the shot of VK enthusiastically clapping for another group dancing. Teammate of the year!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I guess I didn't see her dance much so it was surprising to me.  I just think she has amazing hair, and is she tall or Armani short?

10 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Does anyone else think Sheridan looks like Marcia Brady from the Brady Bunch movie about 20 years ago? I liked her!

Yes!  Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

Edited by Mardo2044
remembered name

Ok episode thoughts:

I love Elli. Shes adorbs. Every time she was in shot my eye was drawn to her

Glad Sheridan is gone. She should have been gone after the first 'girl'. But I did like her more this season than the first time she was in training camp.

Maddie seemed really annoyed with Annabelle. 

Madeline M seemed off in the quick back shot I saw of her 

Every year I practice the entrance as they do. I still forget where my hands are meant to be and when 🤣 'Raise your hand if you made a mistake?' Both my hands were up! 

How can MRS give Kat a maybe and then say she got outdanced by everyone? Surely that makes her a no then?

Memo to CMT / TPTB / Producers - The show is called Making the Team - not 'Which sob story will we showcase tonight?'. Seeing the 'my dad/cousin/ferret got in trouble / died / has an incurable disease' stories is so boring. I dont care. SHOW ME THE DANCING! Show some vets talking about how they feel about training camp this year, show me some bonds between rookies, show me something other then bloody sob stories! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, DallasDiva243 said:

I really like how well the girls are taking the cuts this season. So well spoken and mostly composed! I think Kat and Meredith are beautiful but they both should have been cut. 

I think it’s because they aren’t as emotionally invested.  They’re at the field on day 8, they’re usually here week 6 or 7.  So girls are getting cut much quicker, they didn’t get a chance to develop those relationships they normally make. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Just thought I'd put this here since I see it often: Maddie and Madeline both have last names that start with M (Massengill and Malloy), so when people say Maddie M it's still confusing!

I don’t recall them ever calling Madeline Malloy “Maddie”.  They referred to her as Madeline or Madeline M.  When I hear them refer to Maddie it’s always in reference to Madeline Massengill. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, DragonFlyzz said:

I don’t recall them ever calling Madeline Malloy “Maddie”.  They referred to her as Madeline or Madeline M.  When I hear them refer to Maddie it’s always in reference to Madeline Massengill. 

True. It's just strange that they call her Madeline M! Why do we need the M? Ohhh, is it because of Madeline Salter who tried out last year?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I remember thinking they are being so nice this season and I missed the snark and then they pick on Hannah!  I don’t get their comments about Hannah.  She is a ginger, so she would naturally be more ivory complected.  Reminds me of Irish dance where they had everyone spraytan their legs and I thought, we are celebrating Irish culture and we are a pale people this makes zero sense! lol!  I think it is pageant world ideas creeping in but what do I know?!

I really like Hannah and was very surprised to see that she wasn’t included in the top 36 on Kelly’s board.  What in the world kind of scoring system are they using that put Annabelle on the board as the highest scoring rookie.  She’s been on the struggle bus since day one yet she outscored Elli, Armani, Dani and Claire W.  I’m also baffled by why Hannah wasn’t in the top 36.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

True. It's just strange that they call her Madeline M! Why do we need the M? Ohhh, is it because of Madeline Salter who tried out last year?

That’s like years ago when they had three Jordan’s in training camp.  Jordan Baum, Jordan Ketchum and Jordan Chanley.

1 minute ago, DragonFlyzz said:

That’s like years ago when they had three Jordan’s in training camp.  Jordan Baum, Jordan Ketchum and Jordan Chanley.

Ashley Marie, Ashley Nicole and Ashley Michelle who became Ashley Pro to not get confused with Ashley Marie cause of the middle initials being used at that time

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Pies said:

Not another one, Kat has the appearance, personality, stamina, almost everything.

Yes, another one.  Kat gets more leeway than most on the squad, hence why she can have lackluster routines, solos, etc. and still be on the squad.  She looked as bad as Meredith and should have been cut.

Believe it or not, not everyone loves Kat.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yes, another one.  Kat gets more leeway than most on the squad, hence why she can have lackluster routines, solos, etc. and still be on the squad.  She looked as bad as Meredith and should have been cut.

Believe it or not, not everyone loves Kat.

I like Kat but even I can’t defend her coming back and not appearing to be a stronger dancer than she was last season.  The same can be said of Meredith.  She has a pretty face but that shouldn’t have been enough to get her on the squad.

Kat’s solo last season was painful to watch but she isn’t the first to forget her choreography.  Meredith’s didn’t make me cringe but I thought it was just meh.  I still remember Angela Rene’s awful solo and I still wish Kitty hadn’t embarrassed Vivian into ditching her Tin Man solo.  Man I would’ve loved to see the judges reaction to that.  Makes me smile just thinking about it.

I’ve got a list as long as my arm of women that shouldn’t have made it into training camp or made the squad but they did.  Kelly will bend her rules to the point of breaking if she wants someone badly enough.  Cally Fullerton never should’ve got a second chance at training camp.  She still was an awkward mover unable to control her limbs.  Catherine D got a second shot at training camp even though she still couldn’t dance.  Kelsey is kept out of training camp because she is supposedly an ambassador risk but Yuko who can barely speak or understand english would apparently make a great ambassador.  Go figure.  Morgan struggled with memory mistakes all the way through training camp but she made the squad.  Emily who had no projection, was as boring as the day is long and was called into the office about five times still made the squad.  I’ve never, in 14 seasons, seen adjustments made to a uniform because a TCC didn’t look good in it.  But for Meredith an exception is made and she even got to look at her very bad photos and then got a second photo shoot.  I always thought looking bad in the uniform and not photographing well were grounds for being cut ... especially if you’re struggling in the dance studio.  Obviously that doesn’t apply to everyone.  

I love watching the dancing, and uniform fittings and the other elements involved in making the team.  The blatant favoritism drives me batty.  The show would be much more enjoyable if the treatment of the ladies was more even handed and they were all held to the same standards.  I will step down off my soapbox now.  Thanks for listening (or not). 😊

Edited by DragonFlyzz
Darned auto fill.
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashley Marie, Ashley Nicole and Ashley Michelle who became Ashley Pro to not get confused with Ashley Marie cause of the middle initials being used at that time

I had forgotten about the trio of Ashleys.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Memo to CMT / TPTB / Producers - The show is called Making the Team - not 'Which sob story will we showcase tonight?'. Seeing the 'my dad/cousin/ferret got in trouble / died / has an incurable disease' stories is so boring. I dont care. SHOW ME THE DANCING! Show some vets talking about how they feel about training camp this year, show me some bonds between rookies, show me something other then bloody sob stories! 

Yes!!  It's really gotten to the point where they each think that a sob story is a necessity as part of their package.  Some of them, as you say, are such a stretch and some are just downright obnoxious when they talk about "how hard it was on me" and "I'm doing it for her".  Switching those pronouns would be more accurate--"how hard it was on HER" and "I'm doing it for ME."

• Useful 2
  • Love 9