Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Low Country Broil

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

As always, episodes happen in episode time.  Do not post current information from social media in this thread.  Speculation is okay.  Actual later life events are not. 

• Start Topic

On 12/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, Silver Bells said:

The only thing it could be is scrubbing the kitchen floor on your knees?  My Mother used to tell me “ when you are depressed or blue about something, just scrub the kitchen floor on your knees and you’ll feel better”.  It takes the stress out of you.

Are you Irish? This is Irish parenting at it's best. 

To me, Patricia's look like old lady pillows. The kind of pillows you would see in your grandma's house on her 30 year old sofa. Same with her ugly old lady caftans. Craigs pillows are modern with fun, light, happy colors. People that decorate their homes in beach themes, especially people with vacation homes on the islands around Charleston and any beach area's around the country eat that theme up

I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to see sales figures for each. Anyone here have any insight on how to tell who has sold more pillows? Enquiring minds....

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Are you Irish? This is Irish parenting at it's best. 

No .. Polish.  My Mother born inMassachusetts, but went to Europe at 3 yrs old, then came back at 17.  She was very strict and no nonsense.  We had tortures you wouldn’t believe.  The strap across the legs, and kneeling on rice.  That’s a doozy.  She worked full time and we had to clean the whole house perfectly or else.  I never held it against her.  That’s the way she grew up.  To boot, she had an arranged marriage and wasn’t happy about that.  Needless to say, I was thrilled to get married to someone I loved, and moved into my own house at 22.  I loved her even tho.  She did the best she knew how and worked hard her whole life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to see sales figures for each. Anyone here have any insight on how to tell who has sold more pillows? Enquiring minds....

Given the fact that before the pandemic struck Craig was traveling all around the Southeast to various boutiques doing his Sewing Down South “pillow parties,” I’m willing to bet he’s hustled far more pillows overall than Patricia. He also appeared on HSN promoting them before she was on there peddling her own home goods line, and he’s actually had a few other Bravolebs promoting his pillows as well(RHONY’s Ramona, for instance). 

It’s kinda funny to me that people compare Craig and Patricia’s side hustles though; he’s strictly about selling pillows and Sewing Down South swag, whereas she has a myriad of assorted products she peddles under her name(items for home entertaining, caftans, smaller decorative pillows, etc). His pillows are a bit more high quality than her pillows since that’s obviously his main focus.

Craig’s pillows do look cute and very well made, but all the patterns a bit too ‘coastal chic’ for my liking so far. I wish he’d try out more opulent/assorted pillow looks with more unique varieties, but I can understand if he wants to keep his focus less broad and simply design pillows that fit his ‘brand’/coastal Southern lifestyle.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 7