Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Whitney Confronts Chase

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Just watched this.  Whew.  How on earth can Whitney open herself up to this level of public humiliation?  I have no doubt that at least some of this is manufactured bullshit, but still . . . wow.  I won’t even post a selfie on Instagram and this woman is begging her supposed “ex-boyfriend” for a hug in a park after he screwed someone else and will be a baby daddy soon.  Pardon me, but fuck that.  Assuming this relationship was ever even close to being real, he would never see or hear from me again in this life, but I have some pride left, so . . . 

I know, this has been bothering me.  Why would she act like such a pathetic, needy victim with him is beyond me, especially to the extent of wanting a hug from him and wishing him well?  I wonder if she did it to get sympathy from her fans because I can't believe that she would actually have so little pride left as to do that.  And him acting all self righteous and moral for doing what he's doing didn't make him look like the honorable guy, just a mean prick who couldn't care less about how he just hurt his "fiancé".  And if he was already crying in his talking heads about the social media backlash, he just gave himself even more reason to look like a heartless prick about the whole thing.  But I don't think he has the maturity to realize how he's coming off here.  If he was smart he'd have totally copped to his responsibility in hurting Whitney and apologized to her profusely on screen to look like he's actually a mensch that never meant her any harm.  But acting like such a self absorbed prick just put another social media nail in his coffin with her fans.  And I wonder if Whitney, knowing that, decided to make him look even worse and went for the sympathy of her fans by acting like he had beaten her down emotionally to the point of having so little self respect as to be reduced to begging him for a hug.  I wouldn't put that past her to be honest.  But in this case I would be on her side about it.  Not that I'm on her side about pretty much anything else, mind you, but he deserves to be made to look bad.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I know, this has been bothering me.  Why would she act like such a pathetic, needy victim with him is beyond me, especially to the extent of wanting a hug from him and wishing him well?  I wonder if she did it to get sympathy from her fans because I can't believe that she would actually have so little pride left as to do that.  And him acting all self righteous and moral for doing what he's doing didn't make him look like the honorable guy, just a mean prick who couldn't care less about how he just hurt his "fiancé".  And if he was already crying in his talking heads about the social media backlash, he just gave himself even more reason to look like a heartless prick about the whole thing.  But I don't think he has the maturity to realize how he's coming off here.  If he was smart he'd have totally copped to his responsibility in hurting Whitney and apologized to her profusely on screen to look like he's actually a mensch that never meant her any harm.  But acting like such a self absorbed prick just put another social media nail in his coffin with her fans.  And I wonder if Whitney, knowing that, decided to make him look even worse and went for the sympathy of her fans by acting like he had beaten her down emotionally to the point of having so little self respect as to be reduced to begging him for a hug.  I wouldn't put that past her to be honest.  But in this case I would be on her side about it.  Not that I'm on her side about pretty much anything else, mind you, but he deserves to be made to look bad.

If you watch any of the reruns I watch (Friends, Big Bang, 90210) the regular cast members always have to discuss their breakups and have closure to the nth degree so that they can stay friends and still be on the show together.  Then watch any Housewives franchise and they always have to "discuss" their differences so that we can have a show.  In real life people just cut ties (if they're smart) but this is not real life, and IMO they are going for that sitcom/"reality" effect where they have to "talk it out" over everything.  So he is there because TLC requires it for "closure" and she is there because I think she thinks it makes her look like Rachel Green or Kelly Taylor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Mothra said:

I am a cat owner, but some of my best friends are dogs.  

I liked your whole post, Mothra, but I felt like this line needed to be highlighted because I LOVED it.

I have a big black dog who we adopted at about nine months of age (he’s now ten years) and he had lots of white in his face from a young age. He’s also always been a pretty calm and reserved dog. With those things together, we had people saying “what a cute old dog!” when he was three or four. So I know behavior and looks can be deceiving regarding the age of the dog. 

I’m very, very obsessed with dogs and I’ve fostered numerous rescues. I’m not positive what is going on with Whit and Neeshi, but it’s not normal, IMO. Neeshi does seem to be reserved/introverted and it’s very possible she’s also sensitive (and Whit would be a nightmare for a sensitive dog). But her personality just seems very muted. I wonder if Neeshi was a reserved dog from the start who took time to warm up and Whitney, being Whitney, had no patience for that process.  Our dog still always gets very excited seeing other dogs but he can be somewhat muted when he meets new humans. Some people are surprised because they’re used to dogs who are gregarious with everyone and our guy is kinda like: “I don’t really care about you humans. Do you have a dog?” We only saw a snippet, but that seemed to be what was playing out with Neeshi when she met both Chase and Heather.

This all said, our guy is VERY affectionate with his people. There’s lot of tail wagging and excitement and cuddling and running to the door. That’s increased over time, of course, and we praised and encouraged him heavily from the start even though we let him take his time becoming comfortable. Even if you’re giving a reserved dog some space and time to adjust, there’s a decided lack of affection (from what we have been shown) from Whitney.  I wonder if Whit initially overwhelmed Neeshi just as she does her cats and other people- being overly handsy and loud and not respecting boundaries. When Neeshi didn’t immediately reciprocate, Whitney stopped trying and now she ignores her unless she’s being used as a prop for a storyline (like all this shifting  “Daddy” business 🙄). We all know Whit gets frustrated and angry when people don’t react the way she wants or play by her rules. She is the type of person who would be mad at her dog for not conforming to her idea of a relationship and then withdraw attention and affection. Unlike with her human friends, though, she’s smart enough not to acknowledge this on television. There’s also the possibility that Neeshi is freaked out by all the cameras and strangers in her new home, but I don’t think that explains it entirely.

Or... as some others suggested, Neeshi could be some sort of service dog. I don’t have personal experience or a ton of knowledge about training service dogs. Still, praise and affection are still pretty key to service dog relationships too from what I’ve observed. Either way, I too would like a better life for Neeshi with someone who will take the time and energy to let her be who she is and love her for it.

• Love 5

I've seen pictures of her holding Neeshi in a way that was most certainly  uncomfortable for the poor dog. Once again, Twit is thinking only of  her own desires.

The fact that she did not spend last Thanksgiving or Christmas with Chase reaffirms my theory that she learned of the girlfriend sometime around the first trip to Paris. Not that Sarah was pregnant but that he had been in contact with a former love interest. We have some evidence that he had always been in contact but Whitney had not been aware of it. Since she accepted the proposal she somehow thought that the wedding would really happen and that she could win Chase away.

Twit did this by going back to Paris, posting pictures of herself posed seductively in her room, naked in the bathtub and swimming naked with one of the women who accompanied her. All were in the interest of attracting him back. In her delusional mind when he invited her to appear at the bar opening it indicated that she was being successful. The baby was the final indication that she would not be marrying him. Then again, her delusions kept reawakening the possibility that the weekend in the mountains or the meet-up on the highway would change his mind.  After all, she has the emotional age of a 13 year old and those tactics often resolve situations - in romance novels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Then again, her delusions kept reawakening the possibility that the weekend in the mountains or the meet-up on the highway would change his mind. 

I believe this has been fake from the beginning, with Whitney’s knowledge. I also think Chase was at this meet-up because TLC said ‘go there or get sued for breach of contract’. But I can see  that maybe Whitney had assumed, like in those romance novels and Hallmark movies, that playing a fiance on TV would make Chase want to be hers in real life. So maybe in her delusional state she thought the meet-up would change his mind. But I’m completely confused as to how she thought her approach to it would be the way to do it. Regardless of whether or not he loves the baby’s mother, he is going to be a father. Whitney just didn’t seem to get that or acknowledge that was the primary focus of his life now. It sounded to me like she expected him to proceed with the ‘give up job, move to Charlotte’ plan, leaving him away from his child and with no source of income to support said child. Never once did she say she knew he needed to be with his baby so they would figure out how to live in Wilmington. She never said anything that acknowledged a need for him to be with his daughter. Here she’s been saying that she can’t go where her supposed fiance lives and works because at 36 years old she can’t be 2-3 hours away from her parents but it’s ok for Chase to be away from his baby daughter?  Who even wants to be with a guy who is willing to ditch their child and move away without a legitimate reason (and no - ‘Whitney wants me to” is not a legitimate reason). 

If Whitney thought/wanted this relationship to be real and to continue even with the baby, she seems to expect the extent of his involvement with the baby be a check in the mail (although since he’d have to quit his job that would be hard to do). Of course Chase isn’t going to do that. I suspect he wouldn’t do that even if he did love and want Whitney. 

If Whitney knew this was fake all along and the meet-up was just as show-driven for her as it was for him, she could have done a much better job of not seeming insane by focusing on how they could be together now that the baby was in his life and suggesting things like moving to Wilmington. There would have been no risk she’d have to do it because it was fake, but at least she would seem like an adult. The fact that it was never part of her hysterical rant leads me to believe that even in real life Whitney wouldn’t have been able to understand that the only way they could get through this and stay a couple was to focus on how to do that with the baby in their life. She just never gets the needs or priorities of others. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So maybe in her delusional state she thought the meet-up would change his mind. But I’m completely confused as to how she thought her approach to it would be the way to do it

Well, we have seen multiple instances of her equating nudity with sensuality (heh, almost forgot how it is really spelled) and lack of physical boundaries with sexuality. And I do agree with you that the instances when they were filmed together  since she learned of the baby were written in his contract  it is entirely possible that in her mind if she hugged him and rubbed up against him that it would remind him of what he would be missing. In fact, she said as much in one of her pouty faced crying talking heads. The delusions and denial are a very big part of her personality.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I believe this has been fake from the beginning, with Whitney’s knowledge. I also think Chase was at this meet-up because TLC said ‘go there or get sued for breach of contract’. But I can see  that maybe Whitney had assumed, like in those romance novels and Hallmark movies, that playing a fiance on TV would make Chase want to be hers in real life. So maybe in her delusional state she thought the meet-up would change his mind. But I’m completely confused as to how she thought her approach to it would be the way to do it. Regardless of whether or not he loves the baby’s mother, he is going to be a father. Whitney just didn’t seem to get that or acknowledge that was the primary focus of his life now. It sounded to me like she expected him to proceed with the ‘give up job, move to Charlotte’ plan, leaving him away from his child and with no source of income to support said child. Never once did she say she knew he needed to be with his baby so they would figure out how to live in Wilmington. She never said anything that acknowledged a need for him to be with his daughter. Here she’s been saying that she can’t go where her supposed fiance lives and works because at 36 years old she can’t be 2-3 hours away from her parents but it’s ok for Chase to be away from his baby daughter?  Who even wants to be with a guy who is willing to ditch their child and move away without a legitimate reason (and no - ‘Whitney wants me to” is not a legitimate reason). 

If Whitney thought/wanted this relationship to be real and to continue even with the baby, she seems to expect the extent of his involvement with the baby be a check in the mail (although since he’d have to quit his job that would be hard to do). Of course Chase isn’t going to do that. I suspect he wouldn’t do that even if he did love and want Whitney. 

If Whitney knew this was fake all along and the meet-up was just as show-driven for her as it was for him, she could have done a much better job of not seeming insane by focusing on how they could be together now that the baby was in his life and suggesting things like moving to Wilmington. There would have been no risk she’d have to do it because it was fake, but at least she would seem like an adult. The fact that it was never part of her hysterical rant leads me to believe that even in real life Whitney wouldn’t have been able to understand that the only way they could get through this and stay a couple was to focus on how to do that with the baby in their life. She just never gets the needs or priorities of others. 

Yes,1,000 times!

• Love 5

I’m very, very obsessed with dogs and I’ve fostered numerous rescues. I’m not positive what is going on with Whit and Neeshi, but it’s not normal, IMO. Neeshi does seem to be reserved/introverted and it’s very possible she’s also sensitive (and Whit would be a nightmare for a sensitive dog). But her personality just seems very muted. I wonder if Neeshi was a reserved dog from the start who took time to warm up and Whitney, being Whitney, had no patience for that process.  Our dog still always gets very excited seeing other dogs but he can be somewhat muted when he meets new humans. Some people are surprised because they’re used to dogs who are gregarious with everyone and our guy is kinda like: “I don’t really care about you humans. Do you have a dog?” We only saw a snippet, but that seemed to be what was playing out with Neeshi when she met both Chase and Heather.

I wonder if Neeshi is a puppy mill rescue. They can be extremely timid with people and can take a long time to warm up, if ever. I've done a lot of rescue as well and some of the most damaged dogs I've ever met are puppy mill parents from supposedly reputable breeders. Those dogs spent most of their lives in cages and had little human interaction. They often didn't interact with other dogs either except for the puppies they birthed. They literally have to learn how to be dogs and some of them never quite get there. That would explain why Neesha is aloof. 

Somewhat unrelated - when I got my first dog, I lived in a townhouse. My dog would lay on my bed all day and look out the window, which overlooked the parking lot. When I got home, she would jump off the bed and look out the window but she never started down the stairs to greet me until I came to the door - as though she wasn't going to make the effort to come down unless I was actually going to come inside. It was adorable and I miss her every day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My husband was our dog's favorite person in the world. When he would return from a long business trip the dog would ignore him for a while.

When our marriage was  headed for its demise the dog picked up on it before I did. In the middle of the night he would go down to the living room and howl.

Edited by Me from ME
Spelling
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

And this is a big part of the reason "no guy is ever going to feel lucky" to have her as a girlfriend.  Her weight is a problem, no question, but her personality and inappropriate responses to *every* situation involving another human being's wants, desires, needs, etc. etc. etc. is more of a problem.  It's conceivable that she could meet a man who truly didn't care that she was so fat--but even if she met such a man, how could he get to know the redeeming parts of her personality when there are none?  And even if there were, he'd have to dig through all the really aggressive anti-social behavior she exhibits, even on first meeting someone.  If she could just stifle herself until someone got to know her a little bit, without bringing out all her selfish craziness, she might--might--find someone to love her.

And thank you, @MrsWitter, for your thoughtful response, which did answer some of my questions.

• Love 5
On 12/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, princelina said:

They show up a lot on reality shows - I haven't yet heard of someone doing it in real life 😄 

I vote for B 😃

PS I also vote that an actual pregnant person peed on the stick and she used it for her storyline 😄 

At least a year before her MBFFL 'career' started, she posted a positive pregnancy test on the page of the GSO radio station she was working at. She knew full well that she tests positive, even when not pregnant.

• Useful 5
On 12/17/2020 at 6:46 AM, Mothra said:

I realize that this is not the Big Story from this episode, but I'm fixated on Whitney's dog.  She seems to have some gray hairs in her muzzle, so she's an older dog, right?  I am a cat owner, but some of my best friends are dogs.  Why does Whitney seem to ignore this animal other than greeting her (lukewarmly) when she (W) enters a room.  Whitney has always made such a big deal of snuggling with her cats (and I believe she has genuine affection for them, and they for her), but we have yet to see her sit on the floor, say, next to this poor dog, or absent-mindedly fondle its head while W. is engaged in conversation--these are things that *I* do, and I'm not a dog person!

Is this normal behavior when you adopt an older dog?  If Whitney had been told to keep her distance until the dog was more comfortable in her new home, wouldn't Whitney have explained that?

I am so sorry for this dog, and I wish Whitney would find it a new home with a dog-lover sooner rather than later because it seems to me that this adoption just isn't working out.  Poor dog.  I would hate to be taken to a new home and then ignored, even though I was on my very best behavior and doing all I could to be a Good Girl.

I completely agree, and it was all I could see too! Not to mention that dogs pick up on distress and anxiety, and she subjected the poor thing to that after a 1.5hr drive to "confront Chase". And if she's really crying as much as she claims to be, again: so stressful and confusing for a dog, especially one in what is still a relatively new situation.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if Neeshi is a puppy mill rescue. They can be extremely timid with people and can take a long time to warm up, if ever. I've done a lot of rescue as well and some of the most damaged dogs I've ever met are puppy mill parents from supposedly reputable breeders. Those dogs spent most of their lives in cages and had little human interaction. They often didn't interact with other dogs either except for the puppies they birthed. They literally have to learn how to be dogs and some of them never quite get there. That would explain why Neesha is aloof. 

Somewhat unrelated - when I got my first dog, I lived in a townhouse. My dog would lay on my bed all day and look out the window, which overlooked the parking lot. When I got home, she would jump off the bed and look out the window but she never started down the stairs to greet me until I came to the door - as though she wasn't going to make the effort to come down unless I was actually going to come inside. It was adorable and I miss her every day.

I hadn’t thought of a puppy mill rescue. That would make so much sense. As you’ve pointed out, they need special care and we all know Whitney isn’t capable of providing it. I still don’t understand why she hasn’t explained where she came from- I could see Whitney wanting to praise herself for adopting a rescue, but I also could see her not wanting to acknowledge her dog’s trauma because that would compete with her own narrative of being the most mistreated girl in the world. And Lord knows she doesn’t want to jockey for the pity of others. Whitney’s life must be the hardest!

Thanks as well for sharing a story about your first dog. She sounds like she was a very good girl. ❤️

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Okay. Well, she likes the role of Pathetic Needy Victim. It's trendy these days, after all: everybody's kid is 'special needs', everybody has to have their 'emotional support animal' to go anywhere, and Karens who don't get their preferred parking spot in front of the spa claim to have 'ptsd' (this disgusts me, being from a multi-generational military family).

In my opinion, Chase did just fine. Nothing short of him handing the bloody severed heads of his (hopefully) wife and child over to Whitney in a pizza box would have even begun to "make things right" for Whitney - - and then there would have been a couple of episodes dedicated to the shock factor of such an action.

Whitney will do anything and everything to make any and all situations All About Her. Like, Todd and Tal getting injured. Like her parents' health episodes. Like Buddy's drug rehab.

Let's face it. Being A Victim is very popular these days, especially among the millenials, who have never had to face any hardships beyond having no cell service. Life happens. Cope. Move on. Leave Chase and his kid alone already. He did something stupid, making a baby before taking vows. Don't make the child suffer for the sins and immorality of her parents.

• Love 8
On 12/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Doublemint said:

I have owned 3 standard poodles in my lifetime - all very different personalities.   My last girl was laid back, somewhat like Whitney's dog, BUT I noticed that her dog doesn't greet Whitney when she comes back home.   All dogs come to the dog and are really excited to see you.   Not Whitney's dog.    Whitney ignores the dog and I feel terrible for it.

Yeah her dog just seems indifferent to her. My dog is excited, tail wagging, happy, wants pets when I come back from the mailbox.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I think he was referring to her having gone to the ER twice with panic attacks, and the doctor supposedly having told her not to do anything physical (uh, yeah, whatever you say, Whit).

That's her dream, being told to lay around and do nothing.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m not sure I agree that Chase is a D-List actor.

That "D-List Celebrities" sticky note was bizarre.

2 hours ago, Scofflaw said:

I completely agree, and it was all I could see too! Not to mention that dogs pick up on distress and anxiety, and she subjected the poor thing to that after a 1.5hr drive to "confront Chase". And if she's really crying as much as she claims to be, again: so stressful and confusing for a dog, especially one in what is still a relatively new situation.  

That's not necessarily an older dog. I tended puppies for a guide dog school, one of which was a jet black Labrador with white hairs on her chin - just like her dam. Simply heredity. And, I've trained and handled dogs for over 50 years. I'm thinking that dog is just a prop. It's not traumatized, it's not some neglected animal. It just isn't bonded or at all involved with Whitney - pretty much like the diet cookbooks in her kitchen. No attachment whatsoever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Did you all notice the editing/continuity error? When Lennie came to Whitney's townhouse, the picture on the wall near her is the one that was on the floor when she and Buddy came in earlier in the show, I think returning from the dog park.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I've been thinking about this. I, too, believe it was always fake but I can buy that she thought her sen-shussness would sway him. I think her reactions and everything were real, just for different reasons.

Now look at all her conversations with/about him and replace "baby mama" and her (Whitney) romance with show stuff: 

- Whitney: How could you do this to me? (Get your girl pregnant and publicly embarass me)

- Whitney: Can't you still be a father AND move to Charlotte to stay with me? (Keep seeing your girl on the down low like you've been doing but stay on the show)

- Chase: It wasn't planned. (I was still planning on pretending to go through the relationship and breakup with you, this just sort of happened.)

- Chase: I'm so sorry, Whitney. I just don't want you to hate me! (I'm sorry I've publicly embarassed you like this and that I'm quitting)

- Whitney: Now you have a girlfriend and a baby but I have nothing! (You're quitting the show to have a great life, but all I have is this embarassment and a bunch of people I only see when filming. At least while we were fake-together I could PRETEND to have someone who loved me)

- Whitney: He's changing the plan-he was always meant to move to Charlotte. (For next season he was supposed to "move in" for Whitney ♥️ Chase romantic shenanigans, but his girlfriend put her foot down)

- Whitney: You didn't even talk to me about saving our relationship! (You're quitting the show and aren't even open to contract negotiations.)

- Chase: I can't break two girls' hearts...(If I keep doing the show and pretending that I'm not with my girlfriend then she's going to kick my ass.)

It all works. I don't think Whitney's necessarily acting in any of her scenes-I think she's legit distraught that the storyline turned this way and that, unlike the other barnacles, he refused to keep playing along. 

• Love 10
On 12/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, lightninggirl said:

. I also don't believe Chase's line about his girlfriend keeping the pregnancy from him for MONTHS. My guess is that they were already living together and she probably told him immediately, and he had to figure out a way to weasel out of his TLC contract (which I'm assuming wasn't baby-proof).

I don't recall hearing Chase say this. I only remember Whitney saying that Chase said this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

Okay. Well, she likes the role of Pathetic Needy Victim. It's trendy these days, after all: everybody's kid is 'special needs', everybody has to have their 'emotional support animal' to go anywhere, and Karens who don't get their preferred parking spot in front of the spa claim to have 'ptsd' (this disgusts me, being from a multi-generational military family).

In my opinion, Chase did just fine. Nothing short of him handing the bloody severed heads of his (hopefully) wife and child over to Whitney in a pizza box would have even begun to "make things right" for Whitney - - and then there would have been a couple of episodes dedicated to the shock factor of such an action.

Whitney will do anything and everything to make any and all situations All About Her. Like, Todd and Tal getting injured. Like her parents' health episodes. Like Buddy's drug rehab.

Let's face it. Being A Victim is very popular these days, especially among the millenials, who have never had to face any hardships beyond having no cell service. Life happens. Cope. Move on. Leave Chase and his kid alone already. He did something stupid, making a baby before taking vows. Don't make the child suffer for the sins and immorality of her parents.

Whitney is a self-absorbed, needy victim. That’s true. But it’s because Whitney is just a horrible person and every generation has horrible people.

Also, it’s time to retire the whole millennials face no hardships thing- especially after this year. Study after study has shown how horribly millennials have fared because of economic forces outside their control and political economic decisions made by previous generations. They have been disproportionally affected by both The Great Recession and the current economic downturn:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/millennials-are-new-lost-generation/609832/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/27/millennial-recession-covid/

Signed: someone who doesn’t identify as a millennial, but is millennial-adjacent (or a Xennial) and wants no association with Whitney and her gross behaviors

• Love 8
14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I believe this has been fake from the beginning, with Whitney’s knowledge. I also think Chase was at this meet-up because TLC said ‘go there or get sued for breach of contract’. But I can see  that maybe Whitney had assumed, like in those romance novels and Hallmark movies, that playing a fiance on TV would make Chase want to be hers in real life. So maybe in her delusional state she thought the meet-up would change his mind. But I’m completely confused as to how she thought her approach to it would be the way to do it. Regardless of whether or not he loves the baby’s mother, he is going to be a father. Whitney just didn’t seem to get that or acknowledge that was the primary focus of his life now. It sounded to me like she expected him to proceed with the ‘give up job, move to Charlotte’ plan, leaving him away from his child and with no source of income to support said child. Never once did she say she knew he needed to be with his baby so they would figure out how to live in Wilmington. She never said anything that acknowledged a need for him to be with his daughter. Here she’s been saying that she can’t go where her supposed fiance lives and works because at 36 years old she can’t be 2-3 hours away from her parents but it’s ok for Chase to be away from his baby daughter?  Who even wants to be with a guy who is willing to ditch their child and move away without a legitimate reason (and no - ‘Whitney wants me to” is not a legitimate reason)

Agreed it’s fake and she knew, but dang Big Whit is selling this! She is super convincing IMO, while everyone else is kind of phoning it in. I mean, Chase can’t keep a straight face and Buddy seems to be on the brink of an eyeroll at all times. All that drama she studied in school is really paying off! Also, why is she more upset that he didn’t ask her to stay than she is that he cheated? 

8 hours ago, Me from ME said:

When our marriage was  headed for its demise the dog picked up on it before I did. In the middle of the night he would go down to the living room and howl.

My best girl was a shepherd mix. She was very stoic and not prone to big displays of affection. But if I were standing there so upset that I was crying and shouting in public, she’d have been beside herself with nerves. Neeshi never even glanced up at Big Whit. It’s objectively weird. 

Two final thoughts: 

1) Big Whit says she ‘gave everything to this relationship,’ and I am so curious what she thinks she means by that. Like, WHAT exactly? She didn’t even visit him at home! 
2) Being bitchy and resentful toward a baby is peak Whitney. She’s such a monster. 

Edited to agree with @MrsWitter above. Millennials have inherited crushing debt, joblessness, and a dying planet from boomers, and yet they’re brave and caring and dynamic and resourceful. As an Xer, they give me hope that they’re going to do things so much better than we did. Bitching about millennials is just plain tired. 

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Whitney is a self-absorbed, needy victim. That’s true. But it’s because Whitney is just a horrible person and every generation has horrible people.

Also, it’s time to retire the whole millennials face no hardships thing- especially after this year. Study after study has shown how horribly millennials have fared because of economic forces outside their control and political economic decisions made by previous generations. They have been disproportionally affected by both The Great Recession and the current economic downturn:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/millennials-are-new-lost-generation/609832/

Signed: someone who doesn’t identify as a millennial, but is millennial-adjacent (or a Xennial) and wants no association with Whitney and her gross behaviors

Agree. Whitney's rancidness can be no more blamed on her generation than her weight. She's a whiny, self-centered, nasty person all on her own. Just because this generation doesn't have the same problems as the ones before it doesn't mean that it doesn't have any problems. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

It's not how Millennials have fared so far as a generation, but how they were raised to think that they were more special than everyone else, and how all the attention should be focused on them.  That is where Whitney is not the best example of her generation, but sadly is the worst extreme of the stereotype.

I bristle at the narrative that blames the Baby Boomer generation for every plight that Millennials have faced as a generation, or that Millennials are affected worse than any generation before them by recessions, etc.  The Boomer generation is skewed by a smaller proportion that made it big while the rest of us did not.  Plus a lot of Boomers were decimated and never recovered from the recession a decade ago, and are now losing whatever was left of their life's savings to the pandemic but don't have the time to make it back up before having to retire in poverty.  Not to mention how they're losing their very LIVES.  Economic climates change like the weather and Millennials still have the time to take advantage of any better future in decades to come.  Plus it has been established that Millennials will be the richest generation yet based on inheriting their parents' assets.  Based on what we've seen of Whitney's family, she is in line to inherit a pretty penny.  So I am sorry but I don't have much truck with narratives that pit the woes of generations against each other.  It's a symptom of the sickness in our society to want to be the biggest victim and blame everyone and everything else for your problems - Just like Whitney is trying to capitalize on in this episode.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Scofflaw said:

Dog-obsessors, unite!  Your post made me think of the behavior of the dogs I know when their owner is distressed, esp. if the owner is crying--the dog is all over you, licking your tears, trying in its doggy way to make you feel better.

I've decided that either this poor dog was not ready to be adopted, especially by a person with so little impulse control as Whitney, or that Whitney gives off such weird vibes that even the most affectionate dog would be uninterested in trying to comfort her.

I think Whitney drives some kind of SUV, which (I think) means the dog would have free access to that rear area--maybe it rode there, trying to get as far away from Whitney as possible.

And did Chase really pressure her to get a dog?  Why, for dog's sake?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think you're right about that.  I grew up around Poodles - My mother used to groom them at one time.  We had a puppy mill Poodle that was a lot like Neeshi when I was a kid.  So I know how they can be.  The quote below is from this guide to Poodle temperament:

Often—and this is a common misconception—the Poodle personality is thought of as snobby, aloof to strangers, and generally unfriendly. ... If not properly socialized, however, the Standard Poodle has a reputation of being introverted, standoffish towards other people and canines, and nippy.

Based on my experience with a Poodle that wasn't properly socialized the above description fits to a T.

8 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

<snip>

Haha, you sound like me about the victim thing, except that I don't think that Millennials have been exempt from hardship, it's just that the worst examples of the generation (like Whitney) don't think they should have to face any hardship because, you know, they were raised to think that they were just too "SPESHUL" for that.  And yet on the other hand, because nothing is their fault they have to cry victim over everything that doesn't go their way and find someone to blame for it (usually their parents' generation, fairly or unfairly, mostly unfairly).  Forget about taking responsibility for anything that happens to them.  So it's no surprise that the Twit would resort to pushing the angle of herself as Chase's victim so as to win the prize for biggest victim with her audience (because it's all about appearances, you know).  And he who achieves the biggest victim status in the eyes of the world in any scenario gets all the attention and sympathy, and wins!  So this is how Whitney thinks she makes being a victim the winner in this situation.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's not how Millennials have fared so far as a generation, but how they were raised to think that they were more special than everyone else, and how all the attention should be focused on them.  That is where Whitney is not the best example of her generation, but sadly is the worst extreme of the stereotype.

I bristle at the narrative that blames the Baby Boomer generation for every plight that Millennials have faced as a generation, or that Millennials are affected worse than any generation before them by recessions, etc.  The Boomer generation is skewed by a smaller proportion that made it big while the rest of us did not.  Plus a lot of Boomers were decimated and never recovered from the recession a decade ago, and are now losing whatever was left of their life's savings to the pandemic but don't have the time to make it back up before having to retire in poverty.  Not to mention how they're losing their very LIVES.  Economic climates change like the weather and Millennials still have the time to take advantage of any better future in decades to come.  Plus it has been established that Millennials will be the richest generation yet based on inheriting their parents' assets.  Based on what we've seen of Whitney's family, she is in line to inherit a pretty penny.  So I am sorry but I don't have much truck with narratives that pit the woes of generations against each other.  It's a symptom of the sickness in our society to want to be the biggest victim and blame everyone and everything else for your problems - Just like Whitney is trying to capitalize on in this episode.

AMEN!!!!!!!   

And I would submit that Whitney’s biggest problem is that she loves to play the victim! And you can’t change what you won’t acknowledge. So if nothing is her fault, how can she possibly fix it?

I find it interesting that she’s asking a man who “cheated” on her, why he didn’t just go on and marry her anyway and take care of his kid on the side?  If he is cheating on you when you are “engaged,” what is he going to do when you’re married?  And this is already after he told her on the phone that he loved his baby’s mother. So if all of this caterwauling was real on her part, she is a sad piece of work.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

And did Chase really pressure her to get a dog?  Why, for dog's sake?

From what I saw, she said, "I'm going to get a poodle" and he said "Cool" - I'm paraphrasing of course, but that was about it.  What should have been weird was his response, in that they were supposed to be moving in together and one would think he'd make a remark about making sure a new dog would get along with his current dog.  But apparently that wasn't a concern at all 😄 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, connieinnc said:

At least a year before her MBFFL 'career' started, she posted a positive pregnancy test on the page of the GSO radio station she was working at. She knew full well that she tests positive, even when not pregnant.

I remember her talking about this. She called it her "party trick," and said PCOS messed up her hormonal balance and the false positives were due to that.

12 hours ago, princelina said:

From what I saw, she said, "I'm going to get a poodle" and he said "Cool" - I'm paraphrasing of course, but that was about it.  What should have been weird was his response, in that they were supposed to be moving in together and one would think he'd make a remark about making sure a new dog would get along with his current dog.  But apparently that wasn't a concern at all 😄 

Chase also wasn't concerned about Whitney's cats getting along with his dog. When Ryan asked him how Piper got along with the cats, Chase said "She doesn't." Ryan shook his head and that was the end of the discussion. Thus, another issue that one would think would be front and center with these two animal lovers,  to all appearances was blithely ignored. Was Whitney thinking, "Oh, the cats will adjust. And if they don't,  Chase will give Piper to a friend, or a shelter or something." Meanwhile Chase was thinking, "It's really not a problem -- we'll be splitsville long before Piper has to co-habit with three cats and a poodle. And if there's a little overlap, Whitney can give the cats and the poodle to her parents to look after."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

So what do we think the original plan for the breakup was?  We all knew from the beginning that this was a fake storyline, that they'd never really get married, but how to get Whitney out of the engagement so that she was the victim yet the strong woman, that Chase would tearfully tell her that he would love her forever?  I think it's obvious that she had to break up with him, and it wouldn't be over cheating--who would cheat on Whitney?  Was there a Buddy loves Whitney plot going on?  Or maybe Chase was going to break up with her over her and Buddy's physical closeness?

Chase, imo, did a pretty good job of pretending to love her, with the little physical displays like kisses on her neck and brushing her hair back, so it's hard for me to imagine that the original plot was for him to suddenly turn into a bad guy, or fall out of love.

And while I'm at it, how about that drive-by birthday celebration?  Has Whitney ever instigated such a thing for any of the barnacles?  I'm not talking about throwing a party, which she would attend and enjoy, but something like this drive-by, which involved pain-in-the-ass driving to another city in order to spend 15 minutes driving past Whitney's house?  They all must have gotten time-and-a-half for that stunt.

• Love 4

This is a thread to discuss the latest episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life. It's not a thread to debate some perceived entitlement war between Baby Boomers and Millennials that has nothing to do with this show.

Back to the topic, please.

13 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I think the original plot line was a combination of jealousy/control issues about Buddy, and jerkface refusal to move to Charlotte (how dare he have a life!!). 

I agree. I think the original idea was to have Chase make her choose between him and Buddy. 

I was struck in the parking lot scene by Chase’s  barely contained smirk as he sat in his truck. Anyone else notice it?  Maybe it's just my imagination. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I agree. I think the original idea was to have Chase make her choose between him and Buddy. 

I was struck in the parking lot scene by Chase’s  barely contained smirk as he sat in his truck. Anyone else notice it?  Maybe it's just my imagination. 

I think the smirk was, "This is the last time I'm contractually obligated to see you." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I kept thinking how lucky he was there was a mask because he just couldn’t manage the sad/concerned/sorry look he was supposed to. He was so glad the nightmare was over. 

• Love 6

I think the original story was to be "he won't move" with a dollop of "he doesn't want kids" on the side.  (I also think they were setting up the break-up with that kids conversation before the proposal 😄 ). I don't know if Buddy was ever offered the role of "love interest" but he's made it clear that he doesn't want it, and it seems like any time he can get a girlfriend he goes for it so I'm not sure how reliable he'd be as an exit strategy!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, princelina said:

I think the original story was to be "he won't move" with a dollop of "he doesn't want kids" on the side.  (I also think they were setting up the break-up with that kids conversation before the proposal 😄 ). I don't know if Buddy was ever offered the role of "love interest" but he's made it clear that he doesn't want it, and it seems like any time he can get a girlfriend he goes for it so I'm not sure how reliable he'd be as an exit strategy!

Yeah, and now Buddy is back with a weight loss, looking good (for Buddy--his nose ring is *exactly like Whitney's btw), but from the preview, he has a girlfriend.  I think maybe she was supposed to show up later, in order to allow time for Buddy to make Chase feel threatened over Whitney's affections.  With the surprise baby-related early end of the engagement (and isn't it lucky she just happened to lose her ring in the surf?), we have to move quickly into another Whitney-related drama; cue Buddy's girlfriend.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yeah, and now Buddy is back with a weight loss, looking good (for Buddy--his nose ring is *exactly like Whitney's btw), but from the preview, he has a girlfriend.  I think maybe she was supposed to show up later, in order to allow time for Buddy to make Chase feel threatened over Whitney's affections.  With the surprise baby-related early end of the engagement (and isn't it lucky she just happened to lose her ring in the surf?), we have to move quickly into another Whitney-related drama; cue Buddy's girlfriend.

Or maybe once Buddy got a girlfriend they tracked Lennie down and made him a deal he couldn't refuse to show up for Whit 😄 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

Or maybe once Buddy got a girlfriend they tracked Lennie down and made him a deal he couldn't refuse to show up for Whit 😄 

That is probably closer to the truth. We know Buddy is not interested in being a "love interest" so they had to dig someone up. Roy is "out"  (pun intended LOL) who knows where the imaginary Avi is, so that leaves Lenny. I honestly can't believe he is really interested in anything other than a paycheck...

• Love 6

In the conversation with Buddy, was Lenny the bf that allegedly told Whitney people used to look at him in the club and wonder why he was with her or did she never actually say who that was? I say allegedly because I’m not totally convinced anyone actually said that to her.  I guess I just find it an odd thing for someone to say in a friendly conversation basically BTW people look at you like you’re a freak and look at me like I’m a freak because I’m with you.

14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

In the conversation with Buddy, was Lenny the bf that allegedly told Whitney people used to look at him in the club and wonder why he was with her or did she never actually say who that was? I say allegedly because I’m not totally convinced anyone actually said that to her.  I guess I just find it an odd thing for someone to say in a friendly conversation basically BTW people look at you like you’re a freak and look at me like I’m a freak because I’m with you.

No it wasn't Lennie - just one of those vague remarks that "fat women always get" that she brings up (to prove she's fabulous?)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Are we sure that guy *is* Lennie?  I never would have recognized him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Mothra said:

Are we sure that guy *is* Lennie?  I never would have recognized him.

Well that's what they're telling us!  So maybe if they're saying it -we're not sure 😄 😄   Maybe they just hired a new guy and figured no one would know without the beard 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Whitney probably eats crap because Babs probably cooked crap and that’s what she got used to growing up. I think she inherited some food issues from Babs  The thing that stands out for me here is Buddy seemingly is making all the meals. Whitney weighs 350 not 850, I don’t understand why she would be so incapable of doing anything for herself, other than she’s lazy.  She’s not immobile, I get not being able to reach her undercarriage but she can’t stand at an oven and grill chicken? Yet, we are supposed to be amazed at her flopping over logs.   I think Buddy has done a good job losing weight and trying to get healthy, although besides the crust being cauliflower I’m not understanding how that pizza was all that healthy.  It looked like he put 5 pounds of meat on it.  I want to know how they paid Buddy to recreate the pizza box scene. So the doctor says she has to remain calm physically, but why can’t she walk her dog a couple of times a day. Nothing is calmer than that dog, she’s practically a statue.  I know the bringing of Lenny back was supposed to make Whitney look desirable, but it just made her look more pathetic.  It basically reinforced that she/TLC has to seemingly pay men to interact with her.  I do think she dated Lenny previously but his appearance came off as a money grab.

• Love 6

Finally watched this.  So we are to believe that this break-up is because of a life event that is so monumental that soulmates are being torn apart.  This isn't just Chase deciding he doesn't want to be with Twit.  This, as presented, should be that he is equally as devastated about not being able to be with his one true love, the person he planned and wanted to spend the rest of his life with.  Did anyone see that?  Because I sure as hell didn't.  His daughter's impending birth should be separate from the devastation of his no longer being able to stay with Twit.  Funny, all I see is a dude happily skipping off into the sunset holding his girlfriend and daughter's hands.  Not some mope walking away from his soulmate because he has to morally "do the right thing".     

Everything is about her and her needs and wants. Chase was nothing more than an object to fulfill her fantasy, 

And then we have Twit, doing her best impersonation of a seventh grader in their first school play (you know that pleading look they all do, regardless of the content??).  None of that wailing was about the loss of this person she can't spend a minute without.  It was about her not being able to give a big middle finger to all the haters who think she's fat and unloveable.  It was about her fantasy life.  Which she can't have without some placeholder "husband" fulfilling the role.  

If this was in fact real, I would imagine there would have been at least one conversation about how he could be a father and they could still stay together.  This would put a lot on Twit, and ultimately, it would vary who would be able to accept such a situation.  Maybe you ultimately wouldn't, but I would think the conversation would have at least happened.  

It didn't because Chase is having a baby with his real girlfriend that he's in love with.  

This group is like the island of misfit toys.  Except for they're not cute and they're not quirky or loveable.  They're just kind of a bunch of sad losers.    

• Love 12