Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Whitney Confronts Chase

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Just as an aside, these smash rooms are all over the country. There seems to be a variety of names for them -rage room also seems popular-but they are a thing all over, not just Charlotte. I think it’s weird too but it is a thing.Β 

They show up a lot on reality shows - I haven't yet heard of someone doing it in real life πŸ˜„Β 

3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

He was even wearing a woolly hat.

On the other hand, he did (after one tentative "are you sure it's mine?") accept responsibility for Whitney's false positive pregnancy test (which she persisted in referring to as her pregnancy). So either they were having post-breakup booty calls (as Whitney coyly implied - or outright told everyone) or TLC was keeping him on-call for cameos as necessary. πŸ™‚

I vote for BΒ πŸ˜ƒ

PS I also vote that an actual pregnant person peed on the stick and she used it for her storyline πŸ˜„Β 

Edited by princelina
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

They show up a lot on reality shows - I haven't yet heard of someone doing it in real life πŸ˜„Β 

I vote for BΒ πŸ˜ƒ

PS I also vote that an actual pregnant person peed on the stick and she used it for her storyline πŸ˜„Β 

She could have bought a positive test on the Internet too. Apparently that’s another thing that shouldn’t be a thing but is.Β 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

"Naah, too soon" Β Chase's answer when Ryan asked if he and his new gf are getting married. Yet he told Whitney he loved his gf, they have a baby together that he's crazy about, they're living together, but marriage is still out of the question when he was ready to marry Whitney within such a short time?Β 

Something just doesn't add up.
Β 

He was never going to marry Whitney.Β 

Lots of people have postponed wedding plans this year. It's difficult to have a wedding when you can't invite people to the ceremony.Β 

And perhaps they're fine with the relationship as is. I was perfectly fine living with my boyfriend and raising our child together. That first year of the child's life can be the most stressful time of the relationship. Adding wedding planning on top of that, especially during a pandemic, wouldn't be my idea of fun.I don't blame people wanting to wait.Β 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, sempervivum said:

The camera and editing crew strikes again. Not only do we get to see the bald spot(s) as she lumbers away, but also the back of her sweat stained yellow tank and the giant wrinkly skirt. Yeah, that'll leave Chase full of regrets.

I couldn't get over what a horrible outfit she was wearing!

Sure she's a big fat blob and clothing can't hide it but I've seen her in outfits that minimize the rolls and butt wings.... That yellow flimsy skirt and top was grotesque and emphasized ever lump, bump and flap.

Chase couldn't even squeak out a tear no matter how hard he rubbed his eyes and I thought maybe he's a guy who doesn't show a lot of emotion or cry but then we see crying like a baby over Whit's fans harassing him..... I think that confirmed that he was never in love with Whit.

I was shocked when she opened the trunk to get her dog... WTF!?!?!!!... Please tell me that the dog wasn't in the trunk?... It looked like a very warm day and Whit looked sweaty. πŸ™

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Thanks for clarifying that.Β  I was puzzled about what made it "healthy."Β Β 

Yeah, I can't picture her being satisfied with a cauliflower crust, either.

The pizza Buddy made probably was just an appetizer...then she called for a regular crust takeout pizzaΒ πŸ˜‚

I'm wondering if he's doing keto, which is how he's lost weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

was shocked when she opened the trunk to get her dog... WTF!?!?!!!... Please tell me that the dog wasn't in the trunk?... It looked like a very warm day and Whit looked sweaty. πŸ™

It wasn't the trunk. That's a small SUV, and the rear-most compartment is actually part of the car's cabin, so if Twit had the a/c on, doggo was breathingΒ  air conditioning.Β 

3 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I'm wondering if he's doing keto, which is how he's lost weight.

He mentionedΒ  "gotta get that sugarΒ  down " which makes me think he might be pre-diabetic.Β 

• Love 10

I have to admit, like Buddy, the smash room made me feel uncomfortable too. I don't enjoy breaking or ruining things and I could never do it for sport. The first thing she broke looked like a perfectly respectable crystal bowl.Β The only thing I like to break is maybe big sheets of ice when I'm cleaning off my car.Β Β 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Doublemint said:

OK - I'm old, but I couldn't get over Chase CRYING over the social media hate.Β Β  No man in my generation would behave like that. Β Β 

And he's about to be a father.Β  I'm old, too, and that may color my suggestion, but if the stuff you read online upsets you, stopΒ  reading about yourself online.Β  I understand that Whitney gets her only positive support from her online fans, but why would Chase (or whatever the hell his name is) need that?Β  He's going to have a new baby!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

She could have bought a positive test on the Internet too. Apparently that’s another thing that shouldn’t be a thing but is.Β 

Some pregnancy tests show both lines after they’ve β€œdried.” Not sure why but they aren’t necessarily β€œaccurate” after they’ve sat around for awhile (I can’t remember the brand I used but I definitely wasn’t pregnant and after a couple of hours, it looked positive). So that’s a possibility too!Β 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

So truth time here... I've run into ex's before. More times than I want to count. I'll never forget running into one that I never wanted to see ever again at a movie theater and having my brother chime in that it had been so long since we saw one another and that my ex should call me. I wanted to kill my brother.

But having Lenny magically appear right after Whitney's "dramatic" confrontation with Chase and in a city where he'd never been to with her and find where she was living? This is Lifetime-movie level stalking and a "coincidence" that just is not believable. We haven't heard anything about Lenny since he and Whitney's "relationship" ended and he exited the show. He's being brought back in just to tell the audience that no, Whitney isn't pathetic because her former "fiancΓ©" is now with someone else and that other woman will live the life Whitney always wanted (with the handsome guy and adorable baby). Whitney is a catch, dammit! She's not going to be a lonely spinster, left with only Buddy as a final option. She's got prospects! Men want her!

It's laughable because it's so transparent what the show is trying to do. And the setup to create conflict with her soulmate, Buddy is not just telegraphed. They practically put up a neon sign over their heads.

The thing is Buddy doesn't want her because he's embarrassed by her and her slovenly appearance and her disgusting habits. I know that would turn me off in a heartbeat. Besides buddy is just there for a paycheck and free rent lol

• Love 7

Posts not expressly discussing the content of last night's show have been removed.

Here, in its entirety, is the social media comment directed at ChaseΒ that was shown on last night's episode:

you're a [redacted] fiancΓ© and you're going to be an even worse father

That's it. That's the comment. That's the subject for discussion. Any other commentary about Chase's social media or the people who post on it, orΒ your personal feelings about themΒ will be removed and warnings issued.Β 

And remember to keep your conversations civil.Β 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:52 PM, Hana Chan said:

Am I the only one bored to tears here?

No!Β  I'd find myself reading FB or doing my email.
What happened to her being careful about wearing a mask?Β  At the smash place, and with Lennie, why not worrying about masks.
Can't figure where this is going.Β  Buddy vs Lennie, instead of Chase?

What a farce this show is!Β  Nothing is even close to being "real", not that it ever was, but even for this show this episode was a new low.Β  I have a hard time feeling bad for Chase.Β  He should have known what he was getting into with this show, and if he didn't that's on him.Β  What guy but one with no principles or sense and desperate for money would sign up to play some reality star's fake boyfriend in the first place, especially on this shit show?Β  And now he wants us to feel sorry for him?Β  First of all, any guy who really got some other woman pregnant while he was engaged to a first one wouldn't show his face on her TV show acting all innocent and upstanding after it leaked out to the world.Β  He'd be running for the hills and shutting down his social media in disgrace.Β  Pressing the self righteous bit in talking heads about doing his duty to be a "good father" is NOT going to make him look good to anyone, even those that know he's playing a role.Β  In fact, just the opposite.Β  Yeah, sure, cry all you want, you're no better than any of the other fake friends on this show and if you have to take your lumps from all her true believing fans online, that's par for the course.Β  Hope the pay check was worth it.Β  Plus Chase is a really bad actor.Β  Throughout his role on this show he's shown even less affection for Whitney than that poor standard poodle!Β  I can feel sorry for the dog, but for him?Β  Nope.

I thought for sure I heard Ryan mention in a talking head that Whitney had some "medical issues" to address, but he didn't explain that and I didn't know what to make of it.Β  Did anyone else hear that and have any idea what was that all about?Β  Could he have leaked out something that she herself wouldn't talk about on the show?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

No!Β  I'd find myself reading FB or doing my email.
What happened to her being careful about wearing a mask?Β  At the smash place, and with Lennie, why not worrying about masks.
Can't figure where this is going.Β  Buddy vs Lennie, instead of Chase?

I think Buddy is the direction that Whitney wants to go in, but he's not going to play along.Β 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I think Buddy is the direction that Whitney wants to go in, but he's not going to play along.Β 

Yeah, Buddy is keeping her at arms length...,just close enough to stay on the show butΒ  not toΒ get sucked into a romance arc... at least until they are 55...LOL God help us if show is still on the air then!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yes - I think the sudden appearance of Lenny is a deliberateΒ attempt to distract the audience from the unexpected and clunky departure of Chase as the "love interest" and to show that Twit is still desirable to men even if she just (supposedly) got royally screwed by one.Β  Teasing her fans with Buddy as her eventual partner is what she always resorts to after a breakup because she knows that's what most of them want, and she wants to keep them on the hook to see if that's what eventually happens.Β  Any new "love triangle" between Buddy, her and Lenny is just being done substitute for the original one between Buddy, her and Chase.Β  She can't have it if the men aren't supposedly "fighting" over her (I know, gag me).Β  She has to look irresistible so them.

• Love 5

At 34:48 Chase is talking to Ryan and says, "No one's Team Chase. Everyone hates Chase. All the people that follow me are just sending me these mean-ass messages like...I was really hoping you could be, like, Team Chase."

And in his talking head at 35:21: I've received some horrible, horrible mean stuff. And, you know, that's just... it's hurtful. I just get hate, hate, hate, hate, hate....and to get hit hard with all that hate from everyone...just floods of hate.Β 

Naturally Ryan's going to hang in there and be "neutral" (seriously, whenever someone says they're not going to pick a side they're still pretty much picking sides) and ride that train until it either no longer benefits him or Whitney cuts him loose. He's an opportunist and will float on whichever wave shoots him the highest.

Speaking of Ryan, he's kind of looking bad in his talking heads: pale, dark circles under his eyes, bloated...I hope it's just normal quarantine stuff and nothing serious. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't want to see him go down the same road as Buddy.Β 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes - I think the sudden appearance of Lenny is a deliberateΒ attempt to distract the audience from the unexpected and clunky departure of Chase as the "love interest" and to show that Twit is still desirable to men even if she just (supposedly) got royally screwed by one.Β  Teasing her fans with Buddy as her eventual partner is what she always resorts to after a breakup because she knows that's what most of them want, and she wants to keep them on the hook to see if that's what eventually happens.Β  Any new "love triangle" between Buddy, her and Lenny is just being done substitute for the original one between Buddy, her and Chase.Β  She can't have it if the men aren't supposedly "fighting" over her (I know, gag me).Β  She has to look irresistible so them.

Yup, that's why they brought Lenny back. Gotta prove that she's still hot. I wonder if that role was originally offered to Buddy and he turned it down. I am a little surprised, though, that he came back. On the first time around he grew out a beard and used a fake name.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I have a hard time feeling bad for Chase.Β  He should have known what he was getting into with this show, and if he didn't that's on him.Β  What guy but one with no principles or sense and desperate for money would sign up to play some reality star's fake boyfriend in the first place, especially on this shit show?Β  And now he wants us to feel sorry for him?Β  First of all, any guy who really got some other woman pregnant while he was engaged to a first one wouldn't show his face on her TV show acting all innocent and upstanding after it leaked out to the world.Β  He'd be running for the hills and shutting down his social media in disgrace.Β  Pressing the self righteous bit in talking heads about doing his duty to be a "good father" is NOT going to make him look good to anyone, even those that know he's playing a role.Β  In fact, just the opposite.Β  Yeah, sure, cry all you want, you're no better than any of the other fake friends on this show and if you have to take your lumps

I totally agree with you. Β If I was going to bold everything I agreed with from this post, I’d wind up holding the whole thing. Β I felt this wayΒ throughout about Chaseβ€”I said that if new info came to light that did not cause me to believe that Chase was acting in bad faith, I would post that I was wrong. Β Nothing that has transpired has changed my mind that he is not a good egg.Β 

I don’t have to like anything about Whitney to dislike Chase intensely. Β To me, that would be what-aboutism. Β Whitney has almost no redeeming qualities that I can name off the top of my head other than I find her to be more articulate than the average reality TV star, when she is not manglingΒ the English language on purpose. Β Other than that, I disagree with almost everything she says and thinks going back to season one. Β The thing with me, though, is that whatever I think about Whitney, the facts are: Β she’s desperate in every way there is to be desperate (exhibit A is this show), she’s infertile, she’s lonely and likely to remain that way and even if she lost 100 lbs she would still be morbidly obese. Β One can argue that this is all of her own making, and I would accept that argument, but it’s still all true and for me to continue to belabor all of her wrongdoings feels a little like punching down. Β She is a joke. Β She is the joke. Β I’m not sure how much more I have to say about that. Β 

Chase still behaved terribly here though IMO. Β I will never not see that. Β This is reality TV. Β If someone goes on reality TV as themselvesβ€”which is undisputedβ€”and plays the role of a guy who gets another girl pregnant behind his fiancé’sΒ back, I reject that person’s behavior with an avid passion. Β I don’t understand the argument that Chase is caught in some reality/fiction vortex from which he cannot escape. Β He made his bed by signing on the dotted line to display his β€œreality” for an audience, he behaved badly, and he is rightfully being taken to task for it IMO. Β I think him crying hysterically on TV was well-deserved, because it shows there are consequences for our actions. Β 

I think the social media comment aired on the show was in all likelihood an accurate predictionβ€”I think it is more likely than not that he will be a bad father, and partner. Β He went on two seasons of reality TV and either lied through his teeth forΒ money and fame or he had unprotected sex when he was engaged to another woman. Β Either way, this child’s life began in a dishonest and public way. Β I can’t look past that. Β I wouldn’t know where to start. Β 

I think it was completely valid for Whitney to ask Chase why he never told her he got a woman pregnant, and he is going to raise the baby, butΒ why he never asked Whitney to continue to be his fiancΓ©e and then his wife while he did this for the next 18 years. Β I think I know the answer to that questionβ€”because he doesn’t want to be with Whitneyβ€”but if two people are engaged, it is a strange thing not to bode the topic of tryingΒ to save the relationship when one does wrong. Β If the engagement was fake, then shame on all of them, but I’m not assuming anything. Β I have my doubts, but as long as this is a reality show, I expect people to act realistically, and that is one of the few realistic questions that arose. Β 

As far as taking care of his kid, that is an old trope. Β Guys on the ID Channel and mafia movies and all over the culture constantly tell women they can’t be with them because they have to be with their kids, and then they go bang some other woman (note to Chase’s current partnerβ€”the way you got him is the way you’ll lose him), or hit the bars or both or worse. Β Chase saying he has to go take care of his kid doesn’t mitigate any of his wrongdoing for me. Β It doesn’t even make senseβ€”within the given narrativeβ€”as to why he couldn’t be with Whitney. Β 

The thing about this is that I would have a grudging respect for Chase if he said anything remotely truthful, such as, β€œI never loved you; I was pretending.” Β Then I could find an honest place to dig my boots in and try to see things from his side, but he is obviously clearly lying to placate the storyline and the cameras, and I don’t respect that. Β My opinion from earlier in the season remains exactly the sameβ€”you want to be an actor, go to casting calls; you want to put your life on TV, put your damned life on TV, but then accept the consequences. Β I find schadenfreude in the fact that he rolled the dice for an β€œeasy” payday and now he is not just crying, he’s crying like a baby.

I think both Whitney’s and Chase’s tears were very real, and very deserved. Β I am also curious as to whether Chase thinks what in all likelihood was a low-end payday was worth it, and I think he sucks even worse if he thinks it was.Β Β 

There’s nothing remotely intriguing left about this show to make me want to keep watching. Β I think it has run its course, like the other TLC show Sister Wives. Β There’s nothing there left anymore, except lies, and I also find everyone on that show who is an adult repugnant, just like I feel about everyone on this show. Β I don’t feel bad for Whitney, but I’m not having fun making fun at her expense, no one is giving good snark, there’s just a 600-lb (Whitney and Buddy’s combined weight?) pile of stank left. Β 

FWIW, I am proud of Buddy for losing so much weight so fast. Β I sort of changed my opinion on him a little in the last few episodes, as he’s shown some growth. Β I liked Ryan as well as you can like any of these people for awhile, but I don’t get the severe attitude against Buddy in talking heads, but then filming scenes socializing with him, but not calling him out to his face the way Todd would. Β Maybe Ryan is freaking out that if he and Buddy continue along their respective paths, there will be a day in the not-so-distant future that Ryan is flabbier than Buddy?Β 

I am not at all a fan of Ryan’s squeamishness toward the Chase-Whitney situation. Β He gets all uncomfortable like a 12 year old boy when Whitney pumps him for info, which he should either give freely or say to Whitney, β€œhey, Whitney, I don’t know who you think you are demanding me to tell you about Chase’s private matters, so I suggest you back off or find a different business partner.” Β Everyone is so goddamned mealy-mouthed on this show that it makes me sick, because they’re all sucking at the teat of the almighty dollar, and I wish they would all go on individual journeys toΒ find some self-respect. Β 

I was ride-or-die for Todd until he said on camera that he wishes all the best to Chase and his new baby. Β I think the baby is an innocent player in all of this, and I certainly hope the baby is fine with her whackadoo parents, but there are some things you don’t say as an alleged friend, and I think this was the equivalent of telling a friendΒ that you’re pretty sure the ex that they’re losing their shit over is up in the club having the time of their life. Β At least Ashley had mixed feelings about it, and I think Heather said the thing that sounds the most like an earthling would say to a good friend after a break-up, which was something to the tune of β€œfuck him.” Β There are 7.2 billion other people in the world who can wish Chase luck with his family, and there are about five who claim to be her real friends, and real friends take up for one another, where I come from anyway. Β 

I’ve seen enough to know I’m not gong to change my mind. Β I haven’t read or seen one fact to undermine my position, just supposition. Β I am not willing to stretch my credulity to the end of the earth and make up a set of reasons that this would normally be low-down dirty behavior of the highest order, except Chase was in a bind, so he is therefore pardoned for his sins. Β No oneβ€”including Chaseβ€”is coming on the show to discuss a bind he was in, so I am certainly not going to take into account or weigh evidence that is not there. Β If evidence comes to light that Chase participated in this show under duress or coercion, such as someone was blackmailing him or someone had a gun to his head, I’d be willing to revise my opinion, butΒ that is not even remotely the case.

I think the main argument to counterΒ my argument is that Chase signed up for an easy payday, Whitney was in on it, there was supposed to be a great breakup where Whitney was all, β€œI am woman, hear me roar,” only Chase got a woman pregnant, which threw a wrench into their plans, and so what, it’s a TV show, they parted ways. Β My only problem with this argument is...all of itβ€”there is no evidence to suggest this is true from what I have seen on the show, therefore I’m not going to entertain it. Β Chase has the power to tell the truth and shame the devil, which that alcoholic comedienne did a bunch of seasons back, and she was fabulous. Β If Chase is just going to sit there and cry, I am not going to make up a story for him out of whole cloth to save his poor little feelings. Β That’s not how any of this works for me. Β 

He can man up or get out. Β He did the latter, certainly not the former, and I guess that page is now closed. Β Good riddance, and my opinion that she dodged a bullet stands. Β 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, albarino said:

I think he deserves every single thing he gets. Β I don't know if this is real or fake but the storyline is he slept with an old girlfriend while engaged to Whitney and she ended up pregnant. Β Why would I be happy for him? Β He is a cheater or he signed up for this storyline. Β Sorry dude, I don't think a bar manager is somebody I would be attracted to but you made your bed. Β Don't care about the particular bed.

Yeah. Chase is skeezy and a sketchbag and I never like his stupid, dumb looking face.Β I totally believe he was a storyline and never cared for Whitney, yet he made her believe it. Whitney's tears over this whole thing were real. Still, I don't have much empathy for her because so many of her storylines have been fake over the years.Β 

And then there's Whitney crying over it all--crying because she's fat (and then eating a pizza). With her talk about bariatric surgery and then stuffing her face, she's well on her way to Dr. Now.Β 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I totally agree with you. Β If I was going to bold everything I agreed with from this post, I’d wind up holding the whole thing. Β I felt this wayΒ throughout about Chaseβ€”I said that if new info came to light that did not cause me to believe that Chase was acting in bad faith, I would post that I was wrong. Β Nothing that has transpired has changed my mind that he is not a good egg.Β 

I don’t have to like anything about Whitney to dislike Chase intensely. Β To me, that would be what-aboutism. Β Whitney has almost no redeeming qualities that I can name off the top of my head other than I find her to be more articulate than the average reality TV star, when she is not manglingΒ the English language on purpose. Β Other than that, I disagree with almost everything she says and thinks going back to season one. Β The thing with me, though, is that whatever I think about Whitney, the facts are: Β she’s desperate in every way there is to be desperate (exhibit A is this show), she’s infertile, she’s lonely and likely to remain that way and even if she lost 100 lbs she would still be morbidly obese. Β One can argue that this is all of her own making, and I would accept that argument, but it’s still all true and for me to continue to belabor all of her wrongdoings feels a little like punching down. Β She is a joke. Β She is the joke. Β I’m not sure how much more I have to say about that. Β 

Chase still behaved terribly here though IMO. Β I will never not see that. Β This is reality TV. Β If someone goes on reality TV as themselvesβ€”which is undisputedβ€”and plays the role of a guy who gets another girl pregnant behind his fiancé’sΒ back, I reject that person’s behavior with an avid passion. Β I don’t understand the argument that Chase is caught in some reality/fiction vortex from which he cannot escape. Β He made his bed by signing on the dotted line to display his β€œreality” for an audience, he behaved badly, and he is rightfully being taken to task for it IMO. Β I think him crying hysterically on TV was well-deserved, because it shows there are consequences for our actions. Β 

I think the social media comment aired on the show was in all likelihood an accurate predictionβ€”I think it is more likely than not that he will be a bad father, and partner. Β He went on two seasons of reality TV and either lied through his teeth forΒ money and fame or he had unprotected sex when he was engaged to another woman. Β Either way, this child’s life began in a dishonest and public way. Β I can’t look past that. Β I wouldn’t know where to start. Β 

I think it was completely valid for Whitney to ask Chase why he never told her he got a woman pregnant, and he is going to raise the baby, butΒ why he never asked Whitney to continue to be his fiancΓ©e and then his wife while he did this for the next 18 years. Β I think I know the answer to that questionβ€”because he doesn’t want to be with Whitneyβ€”but if two people are engaged, it is a strange thing not to bode the topic of tryingΒ to save the relationship when one does wrong. Β If the engagement was fake, then shame on all of them, but I’m not assuming anything. Β I have my doubts, but as long as this is a reality show, I expect people to act realistically, and that is one of the few realistic questions that arose. Β 

As far as taking care of his kid, that is an old trope. Β Guys on the ID Channel and mafia movies and all over the culture constantly tell women they can’t be with them because they have to be with their kids, and then they go bang some other woman (note to Chase’s current partnerβ€”the way you got him is the way you’ll lose him), or hit the bars or both or worse. Β Chase saying he has to go take care of his kid doesn’t mitigate any of his wrongdoing for me. Β It doesn’t even make senseβ€”within the given narrativeβ€”as to why he couldn’t be with Whitney. Β 

The thing about this is that I would have a grudging respect for Chase if he said anything remotely truthful, such as, β€œI never loved you; I was pretending.” Β Then I could find an honest place to dig my boots in and try to see things from his side, but he is obviously clearly lying to placate the storyline and the cameras, and I don’t respect that. Β My opinion from earlier in the season remains exactly the sameβ€”you want to be an actor, go to casting calls; you want to put your life on TV, put your damned life on TV, but then accept the consequences. Β I find schadenfreude in the fact that he rolled the dice for an β€œeasy” payday and now he is not just crying, he’s crying like a baby.

I think both Whitney’s and Chase’s tears were very real, and very deserved. Β I am also curious as to whether Chase thinks what in all likelihood was a low-end payday was worth it, and I think he sucks even worse if he thinks it was.Β Β 

There’s nothing remotely intriguing left about this show to make me want to keep watching. Β I think it has run its course, like the other TLC show Sister Wives. Β There’s nothing there left anymore, except lies, and I also find everyone on that show who is an adult repugnant, just like I feel about everyone on this show. Β I don’t feel bad for Whitney, but I’m not having fun making fun at her expense, no one is giving good snark, there’s just a 600-lb (Whitney and Buddy’s combined weight?) pile of stank left. Β 

FWIW, I am proud of Buddy for losing so much weight so fast. Β I sort of changed my opinion on him a little in the last few episodes, as he’s shown some growth. Β I liked Ryan as well as you can like any of these people for awhile, but I don’t get the severe attitude against Buddy in talking heads, but then filming scenes socializing with him, but not calling him out to his face the way Todd would. Β Maybe Ryan is freaking out that if he and Buddy continue along their respective paths, there will be a day in the not-so-distant future that Ryan is flabbier than Buddy?Β 

I am not at all a fan of Ryan’s squeamishness toward the Chase-Whitney situation. Β He gets all uncomfortable like a 12 year old boy when Whitney pumps him for info, which he should either give freely or say to Whitney, β€œhey, Whitney, I don’t know who you think you are demanding me to tell you about Chase’s private matters, so I suggest you back off or find a different business partner.” Β Everyone is so goddamned mealy-mouthed on this show that it makes me sick, because they’re all sucking at the teat of the almighty dollar, and I wish they would all go on individual journeys toΒ find some self-respect. Β 

I was ride-or-die for Todd until he said on camera that he wishes all the best to Chase and his new baby. Β I think the baby is an innocent player in all of this, and I certainly hope the baby is fine with her whackadoo parents, but there are some things you don’t say as an alleged friend, and I think this was the equivalent of telling a friendΒ that you’re pretty sure the ex that they’re losing their shit over is up in the club having the time of their life. Β At least Ashley had mixed feelings about it, and I think Heather said the thing that sounds the most like an earthling would say to a good friend after a break-up, which was something to the tune of β€œfuck him.” Β There are 7.2 billion other people in the world who can wish Chase luck with his family, and there are about five who claim to be her real friends, and real friends take up for one another, where I come from anyway. Β 

I’ve seen enough to know I’m not gong to change my mind. Β I haven’t read or seen one fact to undermine my position, just supposition. Β I am not willing to stretch my credulity to the end of the earth and make up a set of reasons that this would normally be low-down dirty behavior of the highest order, except Chase was in a bind, so he is therefore pardoned for his sins. Β No oneβ€”including Chaseβ€”is coming on the show to discuss a bind he was in, so I am certainly not going to take into account or weigh evidence that is not there. Β If evidence comes to light that Chase participated in this show under duress or coercion, such as someone was blackmailing him or someone had a gun to his head, I’d be willing to revise my opinion, butΒ that is not even remotely the case.

I think the main argument to counterΒ my argument is that Chase signed up for an easy payday, Whitney was in on it, there was supposed to be a great breakup where Whitney was all, β€œI am woman, hear me roar,” only Chase got a woman pregnant, which threw a wrench into their plans, and so what, it’s a TV show, they parted ways. Β My only problem with this argument is...all of itβ€”there is no evidence to suggest this is true from what I have seen on the show, therefore I’m not going to entertain it. Β Chase has the power to tell the truth and shame the devil, which that alcoholic comedienne did a bunch of seasons back, and she was fabulous. Β If Chase is just going to sit there and cry, I am not going to make up a story for him out of whole cloth to save his poor little feelings. Β That’s not how any of this works for me. Β 

He can man up or get out. Β He did the latter, certainly not the former, and I guess that page is now closed. Β Good riddance, and my opinion that she dodged a bullet stands. Β 

And yet somehow we’re supposed to root for Whitney because... she’s a great person? No, that’s not right. She understand boundaries? Nope, not that one either. She has a great personality? Man, this is getting difficult. Ahh, there we go, because she has a reality show she thinks she can do whatever she wants and people will love her because reasons. She has this habit of starting things she can’t or won’t finish, she acts like a child yet we’re supposed to applaud her because she didn’t get chase? I mean, every relationship we’ve seen on this show has been fake. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. Whitney is the one common denominator in all of this. That’s a very clear indication, but hey, at least she’s got Daddy’s picture to slobber all over.

• Love 7

I have mixed feelings about Chase. He did sign up to portray himself on tv, and should have known there could be potential backlash by angry fans anytime he wasn't perfect to Whit. However it seems like the baby situation was a curveball, and his expectations were originally just being a guy who Whit would dump by the end for incompatibility (whether that be moving or having future kids). But when the baby news came out suddenly the story changed to make him a no good cheating villain.Β I'm sure TLC has a contract where he can't publicly defend himself with the truth and just has to suck it up and go along with the cheater storyline, which would be terrible, however the bad edit is always a risk when going on reality tv. This is just a prime example of being super careful with contracts and any contingencies that may pop up, and how much your reputation may be worth.

Edited by alabetser
  • Love 8

I realize that this is not the Big Story from this episode, but I'm fixated on Whitney's dog.Β  She seems to have some gray hairs in her muzzle, so she's an older dog, right?Β  I am a cat owner, but some of my best friends are dogs.Β  Why does Whitney seem to ignore this animal other than greeting her (lukewarmly) when she (W) enters a room.Β  Whitney has always made such a big deal of snuggling with her cats (and I believe she has genuine affection for them, and they for her), but we have yet to see her sit on the floor, say, next to this poor dog, or absent-mindedly fondle its head while W. is engaged in conversation--these are things that *I* do, and I'm not a dog person!

Is this normal behavior when you adopt an older dog?Β  If Whitney had been told to keep her distance until the dog was more comfortable in her new home, wouldn't Whitney have explained that?

I am so sorry for this dog, and I wish Whitney would find it a new home with a dog-lover sooner rather than later because it seems to me that this adoption just isn't working out.Β  Poor dog.Β  I would hate to be taken to a new home and then ignored, even though I was on my very best behavior and doing all I could to be a Good Girl.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ok so here's what I want to know.Β  Other than theΒ  "cheating, " (let's pretend that this relationship was real), what makes Chase a crappy fiance? To me, Whitney is the crappy one. She absolutely refused to compromise on ANYTHING. Refused to even consider moving to Wilmington. Refused to consider a beach wedding.Β  Insisted on hanging all over Buddy. Threw a tantrum because there was no cocktail named after her in A BAR SHE HAD NEVER BEEN TO.Β Β 

But I guess if yourΒ  POV is that Whitney can do no wrong,Β  Chase is a POS.

• Love 22

Oh, Chase, STFU. Quit your crying. What you did was terrible. You cheated on your fiancee, Β and got the woman you were cheating with pregnant. While you were engaged to someone else. If the relationship with Whit was all fake and you played along for $$$ then shame on you even more. Buck up and man up, soon enough people will forget you ever existed and you can go on to live your life happily ever after.Β 

As for Whitney, she was an awful girlfriend. She belittled his career choices, gave him no support and wouldn't consider for a hot minute that maybe she could move to Wilmington. It was not the other side of the world. A couple of hours away from her beloved Greensboro, big deal. She talked to Chase and treated him like crap. She visited him (before Covid) very little, made no effort to actually spend quality time with him at all. You get engaged but have never seen where your boyfriend lives until you drag your mother along and then act all bitchy the entire time you are there? Babs was right. Whit doesn't compromise. She knows her daughter very well.Β Β 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Ok so here's what I want to know.Β  Other than theΒ  "cheating, " (let's pretend that this relationship was real), what makes Chase a crappy fiance? To me, Whitney is the crappy one. She absolutely refused to compromise on ANYTHING. Refused to even consider moving to Wilmington. Refused to consider a beach wedding.Β  Insisted on hanging all over Buddy. Threw a tantrum because there was no cocktail named after her in A BAR SHE HAD NEVER BEEN TO.Β Β 

I’m with you and I’ll add to your list. She belittled both of Chase’s job. He a financial guy for a construction firm and she keeps calling it β€˜his construction job’ with a tone that implies it’s nothing but hammering nails. And she says β€˜he got some job in a bar’ when he’s an investor/owner of the bar. He’s clearly excited about it but she couldn’t care less and basically calls it stupid and pointless. Absolutely nothing he ever says is important to her unless it’s a version of β€˜yes Whitney’.Β 

PS - I do not mean to imply there is anything wrong with a construction job that is the actual physical construction work. That can be a very good job.Β But they way Whitney says it, she implies it’s that kind of job AND that it’s subpar.Β 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, alabetser said:

I'm sure TLC has a contract where he can't publicly defend himself with the truth and just has to suck it up and go along with the cheater storyline, which would be terrible, however the bad edit is always a risk when going on reality tv. This is just a prime example of being super careful with contracts and any contingencies that may pop up, and how much your reputation may be worth.

And not just Chase. Ryan is now being painted as a money-grubbing 'traitor' (to Whitney).Β Β He doesn't care about poor Whit, forbidden from doing new workout videosΒ because of doctor's orders!πŸ™„ And he isn't groveling for forgiveness because he set the whole 'romance/tragedy' in motion. How likely is it that Ryan's livelihood will be more negatively affected by the lousy PR, than he'll make in TLC salary?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

And not just Chase. Ryan is now being painted as a money-grubbing 'traitor' (to Whitney).Β Β He doesn't care about poor Whit, forbidden from doing new workout videosΒ because of doctor's orders!πŸ™„ And he isn't groveling for forgiveness because he set the whole 'romance/tragedy' in motion. How likely is it that Ryan's livelihood will be more negatively affected by the lousy PR, than he'll make in TLC salary?

Not very. He seems to have plenty of clients.Β 

1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I realize that this is not the Big Story from this episode, but I'm fixated on Whitney's dog.Β  She seems to have some gray hairs in her muzzle, so she's an older dog, right?Β  I am a cat owner, but some of my best friends are dogs.Β  Why does Whitney seem to ignore this animal other than greeting her (lukewarmly) when she (W) enters a room.Β  Whitney has always made such a big deal of snuggling with her cats (and I believe she has genuine affection for them, and they for her), but we have yet to see her sit on the floor, say, next to this poor dog, or absent-mindedly fondle its head while W. is engaged in conversation--these are things that *I* do, and I'm not a dog person!

Is this normal behavior when you adopt an older dog?Β  If Whitney had been told to keep her distance until the dog was more comfortable in her new home, wouldn't Whitney have explained that?

I am so sorry for this dog, and I wish Whitney would find it a new home with a dog-lover sooner rather than later because it seems to me that this adoption just isn't working out.Β  Poor dog.Β  I would hate to be taken to a new home and then ignored, even though I was on my very best behavior and doing all I could to be a Good Girl.

At some point, Whitney posted something to the effect that the poodle was a young dog and the "gray" on herΒ  muzzle and legs was "silver,"Β  a standard poodle color variation. I know nothing at all about poodles. and it looks like she's taken down the instagram post where she announced the dog's arrival and commented on its coloration ("Chase finally persuaded me to get a dog!") so don't quote me. πŸ™‚ She also posted on September 16 that she was "still confused by being a dog mom." I hope things have gotten better since then for both of their sakes.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

In addition to everything above, we know that she just took off and went to Europe with her "girlfriends" (none of whom appear on the show) without him. I believe she talked about this last episode, like she just had had it with his negativity about not moving to Charlotte and she was pissed about his bait-n-switch/going against HER plan and she went to Europe. According to her Insta, Chase told her to "be careful" (sure, Jan πŸ™„).

But then either in his talking head or in their 'confrontational conversation' at the roadside jiffy mart, he accused Sweatney of ghosting him - going off the radar, not responding to him "for a few days." Even in a real-life relationship, if someone goes radio silent on his/her fiancΓ© does that just give him/her the right to go have unprotected sex with another person? Come on, Chase, you greasy conniver.Β I also don't believe Chase's line about his girlfriend keeping the pregnancy from him for MONTHS. My guess is that they were already living together and she probably told him immediately, and he had to figure out a way to weasel out of his TLC contract (which I'm assuming wasn't baby-proof).

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 3

Just watched this. Β Whew. Β How on earth can Whitney open herself up to this level of public humiliation? Β I have no doubt that at least someΒ of this is manufactured bullshit, but still . . . wow. Β I won’t even post a selfie on InstagramΒ and this woman is begging her supposed β€œex-boyfriend” for a hug in a park after he screwedΒ someone else and will be a babyΒ daddy soon. Β Pardon me, but fuck that. Β Assuming this relationship was ever even close to being real, he would never see or hear from me again in this life, but I have some pride left, so . . .Β 

I thought this show was supposed to be about her weight-loss journey Β  Her path to a healthier life,Β improved relationships, etc. Β All I’m seeing isΒ a woman who has lost no weight that I can see and severely codependent relationships. Β The day I announce my break-up on social media is the day that someone needs to call my mother or the nearest mental institution andΒ please get me some help.

Re: her β€œfans” attackingΒ people online, I cannot imagineΒ verbally attackingΒ someone in defense of some woman on TV. Β MemoΒ to her social media followers: You don’t actually know Whitney (and count yourselfΒ lucky). Β I’m a tremendous admirer of Prince,Β but I’m not going to hurl abuse at others via my keyboard for saying something negative about him.

As for her complaints about the Covid quarantine:Β Whitney, DM me so that I can get you in touch with my friend who wasn’t permittedΒ to work from home and despite his absolute best efforts, wasn’t able to social distance enough to avoid getting it and ending up in theΒ ICU, where he is now, struggling to breathe. Β You thoughtless, pamperedΒ bitch. Β 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 15
On 12/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, Hana Chan said:

What she and the show are trying to do is reframe things to present Whitney both as the wronged woman (the victim) but that she's ending things on her terms (the strong woman).

Bingo.

Any and all questions regarding the trajectory of the season, the script, the camera angles, the wardrobe, hair & make-up &Β COVID-19 protocols (or the lack thereof), anyone involved with the show’s social media content,Β etc. should just refer back to the above quote.

Nothing else, not even that beautiful dog, matters.

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Love 6

Does anyone remember what reason Whitney gave for not spending either Thanksgiving or Christmas with Chase or his family (or visa versa) last year? It was pre-Covid so who doesn’t spend the holidays with their new fiancΓ© without a good reason?

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Does anyone remember what reason Whitney gave for not spending either Thanksgiving or Christmas with Chase or his family (or visa versa) last year? It was pre-Covid so who doesn’t spend the holidays with their new fiancΓ© without a good reason?

I don't think she ever offered an explanation.Β 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

Β Β Β  I have owned 3 standard poodles in my lifetime - all very different personalities.Β Β  My last girl was laid back, somewhat like Whitney's dog, BUT I noticed that her dog doesn't greet Whitney when she comes back home.Β Β  All dogs come to the dog and are really excited to see you.Β Β  Not Whitney's dog.Β Β Β  Whitney ignores the dog and I feel terrible for it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

In addition to everything above, we know that she just took off and went to Europe with her "girlfriends" (none of whom appear on the show) without him. I believe she talked about this last episode, like she just had had it with his negativity about not moving to Charlotte and she was pissed about his bait-n-switch/going against HER plan and she went to Europe. According to her Insta, Chase told her to "be careful" (sure, Jan πŸ™„).

But then either in his talking head or in their 'confrontational conversation' at the roadside jiffy mart, he accused Sweatney of ghosting him - going off the radar, not responding to him "for a few days." Even in a real-life relationship, if someone goes radio silent on his/her fiancΓ© does that just give him/her the right to go have unprotected sex with another person? Come on, Chase, you greasy conniver.Β I also don't believe Chase's line about his girlfriend keeping the pregnancy from him for MONTHS. My guess is that they were already living together and she probably told him immediately, and he had to figure out a way to weasel out of his TLC contract (which I'm assuming wasn't baby-proof).

Maybe he thought they were on a break πŸ˜„Β  Β It's my opinion that the "other woman" was his real girlfriend and Whitney knew that perfectly well.Β  He was planning on getting dumped and fading from the scene but his real girlfriend's pregnancy threw a kink in those plans.Β  Frankly none of Whitney's "storylines" interest me nearly as much as coming on here and finding out what's going on behind the scenes, so I don't care if Chase behaved badly - as far as I'm concerned he made this season better πŸ˜„Β 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/16/2020 at 3:52 AM, mamadrama said:

Episode Translations:

Whitney: Would you have been excited if I'd gotten pregnant?

Chase: I'd have been excited for you.

Translation: If you'd gotten knocked up by your real, non-show boyfriend then I'd have felt great for you.Β 

Chase: My real baby is my priority, not this fake show.

Whitney: Just because you got some girl pregnant doesn't mean we can't still have a relationship!

Translation: But if you abandon your baby, move to Charlotte, and keep pretending to be with me then they won’t cancel my show!

Whitney: How many times did you sleep with her?

Chase: Once.

Translation: Only once THAT night...

You should get hired by the show to do subtitles translating what they’re really saying!!!🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, thebigboot said:

And yet somehow we’re supposed to root for Whitney because...

My post was quoted, so I assume this question was posed to me, but I have no idea why anyone would root for Whitney. I pretty much indicated that when I said she wasΒ theΒ joke and I can’t think of one time I agreed with her behavior, thought process, or ideasΒ at any time in the show’s history...I have to pass on that question. Maybe someone who is rooting for her could answer.

9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Ok so here's what I want to know.Β  Other than theΒ  "cheating, " […]what makes Chase a crappy fiance?

Other than the cheating, getting another woman pregnantΒ and being completely checked out of his relationship, I guess Chase was an alrightΒ fiancΓ©. Β It’s not like heΒ threw Whitney through a brick wall.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I thought for sure I heard Ryan mention in a talking head that Whitney had some "medical issues" to address, but he didn't explain that and I didn't know what to make of it.Β  Did anyone else hear that and have any idea what was that all about?Β  Could he have leaked out something that she herself wouldn't talk about on the show?

I think he was referring to her having gone to the ER twice with panic attacks, and the doctor supposedly having told her not to do anything physical (uh, yeah, whatever you say, Whit).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

He went on two seasons of reality TV and either lied through his teeth forΒ money and fame or he had unprotected sex when he was engaged to another woman.Β Β 

Actually, I don't think we know that they had unprotected sex.Β  We know that she got pregnant.Β  Birth control fails sometimes.Β  Heck, it's even possible that she went off the pill and didn't tell Chase.Β  I don't think that a D-list actor should have to go two years without having sex, just because of the role he is portraying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

You did not - I wondered about that myself.

She drives an SUV so it's an open hatch to the back. Lots of people put dogs back there because it is air conditioned and heated and a large flat spot where the dog can curl up and also not scratch the leather.

The dog is probably perfectly happy back there:

Β 

I644O94.jpeg

• Love 6

Another thing in this episode that hinted something was off wasΒ according to Chase,Β Whitney just jets off to Europe totally ignoring him. We already know sheΒ never goes to Wilmington. Β Whitney has always been somewhat obsessed for lack of a better word with what β€œher man” is doing.Β Β I meanΒ Lenny doesn’t pick up the phone,Β she calls 323 times and drives by his house at like 3 AM to check on his whereabouts.Β I won’t even get into the international caper of the whiteboard web of women and confrontation of Avi in a parking lot. Β She was totally obsessed with these other guys comings-and-goings,Β but her fiancΓ© she was just like ...well better put on a tiny coat and go smash some plates. Β It doesn’t fit her MO for somebody she was dating much less engaged to.Β Β I do think she dated Lenny in the past, but think his appearance on this episode was to help smooth over a storyline gone wrong.Β 

I usually complain about Buddy but he does seem to somewhatΒ be trying to improve his situation in life in this episode. Good to see him trying to get healthier. Β I still think he and Whitney are co-dependent and cringe at how she always just deposits herself onto him. Β 

I still get a kick out of the dogs. Β Darla and Neeshi wereΒ too cute at the dog park.Β I’m not familiar with poodles, but Neeshi looks like she’s totally over it. Β TLC should putΒ little thought bubbles over Neeshi’s head with running commentary for the show. Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, John M said:

She drives an SUV so it's an open hatch to the back. Lots of people put dogs back there because it is air conditioned and heated and a large flat spot where the dog can curl up and also not scratch the leather.

The dog is probably perfectly happy back there:

Β 

I644O94.jpeg

Ok. Β That makes sense. Β Good!

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Actually, I don't think we know that they had unprotected sex.Β  We know that she got pregnant.Β  Birth control fails sometimes.Β  Heck, it's even possible that she went off the pill and didn't tell Chase.Β  I don't think that a D-list actor should have to go two years without having sex, just because of the role he is portraying.

You’re right in that we don’t know that they had unprotected sexβ€”all I can say is that it is highly likely, given that the mainstream forms of birth control are well over 90% effective, and the IUD is over 99% effective. Β I would think, at the very least, if a man is going to cheat on his fiancΓ©e, he would use one of the mostΒ reliable forms of birth control. Β If we’re entertaining the idea that Chase had protected sex and the birth control failed, we may as well also entertain the ideaΒ that Chase is not the father of that babyβ€”maybe he made that part up too in order to get away from Whitneyβ€”because that notionΒ is statistically more probableΒ thanΒ goodΒ birth control failing. Β If she went off the pill and didn’t tell Chase, that is unprotected sex. Β If he was having unprotected sex with a liar, that’s an even dumber choice. Β 

I’m not sure I agree that Chase is a D-List actor. Β He is not on the same level as Kathy Griffin when she had her show on Bravo. Β I wouldn’t call him an actor. Β I think he’s a person on a reality show who lies and cries. Β 

I never suggested that Chase should abstain from sex for any amount of timeβ€”I suggested that he shouldn’t lie about being faithful to a woman when he had no plans to be. Β If Ryan or whomever approached Chase with this TLC idea, Chase would have been well within his rights to say β€œpass” and then go on to have sex with all the people on the planet. Β To me, this isn’t about sex, it’s about dishonesty. Β 

I also think Chase dealt with the aftermath of this worse than Avi. Β The best thing to do would be to accept full responsibility, including the lies. Β If he did that, I’d probably be on the path to forgiveness for Chase on a dime. Β The worst thing, IMO, is to meet Whitney with a smirk on his face and make the weakest protestations on earth, in all likelihood to collect that TLC gwola. Β Ghosting her, like Avi did, is in the middle of those two extremes. Β I feel like Chase coming on the show and not really owning up to what he did, but instead, making half-assed excuses, is a way of conveying that he thinks what he did was on the spectrum of justifiable. Β 

If I were in that situationβ€”and I never would be, because even though I have made horrible choices, Whitney has me bested by a long shotβ€”I would rather the guy just disappeared into thin air than to meet up with me and to say he cares about me, even though the offer to stay together is not, and has never been, on the table. Β That’s so condescending, I could choke on it. Β And that hug at the end was super pathetic. Β 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I also think Chase dealt with the aftermath of this worse than Avi. Β The best thing to do would be to accept full responsibility, including the lies. Β If he did that, I’d probably be on the path to forgiveness for Chase on a dime. Β The worst thing, IMO, is to meet Whitney with a smirk on his face and make the weakest protestations on earth, in all likelihood to collect that TLC gwola. Β Ghosting her, like Avi did, is in the middle of those two extremes. Β I feel like Chase coming on the show and not really owning up to what he did, but instead, making half-assed excuses, is a way of conveying that he thinks what he did was on the spectrum of justifiable. Β 

If I were in that situationβ€”and I never would be, because even though I have made horrible choices, Whitney has me bested by a long shotβ€”I would rather the guy just disappeared into thin air than to meet up with me and to say he cares about me, even though the offer to stay together is not, and has never been, on the table. Β That’s so condescending, I could choke on it. Β And that hug at the end was super pathetic. Β 

I would agree with you if I knew that this was how Chase was choosing to handle things - or was he told by TLC to finish out his contract by showing up and "giving closure" - or whatever passes for reasonable behavior on reality tv.Β  AT this point there's so much haze between what's reality and what's their reality show πŸ˜„Β Β If I were Whit I would want him gone (in my own life, the actual thing I said to a cheating liar on the phone was "If you see me in public, don't talk to me" right before hanging up) but I think she's into the melodrama of it all too, especially now that old Lennie's lined up to show us how popular she is.

As for Avi - I don't think he was ever an actual character on this show - it just seems like it because we got to hear all about their grand love affair and Whit's conversion to Judaism ( πŸ˜„Β ) but he actually never appeared on the show and when she ambushed him with cameras he refused to allow his face to be shown.Β  So I guess we know how he would act in real life πŸ˜„Β 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

<snip>

I couldn't agree more with you on all points too - but especially the above - I agree that Whitney was asking a genuine question that would apply even if Chase was a hired actor.Β  Why couldn't he at least give her the decency of informing her of the pregnancy sooner?Β  I think he was looking for a way out of doing the show in not following through with moving to Charlotte - not that I blame him, but be a man about it and tell her why, don't string her along - and yes, even if he was a hired actor he was stringing her along about the future of his participation on the show.Β  I get it that it was a hard spot to be in, but he's an adult, he has no excuse for acting like an adolescent that accidentally got his prom date pregnant and wants to hide it from his parents.

I am not sure what I believe about the status of his relationship with his baby mama.Β  Was she a hook upΒ that accidentally got pregnant or was she actually more and this was something he planned with her not caring about what it would do to his future on the show and to Whitney who was counting on him to follow through on a contract to play a role?Β  He acted towardΒ Whitney in this episode like the other woman was just a sex partner and now he's just doing the "honorable" thing to be a part of his child's life, but after talking about buying a house with the womanΒ (we know he already has one) I don't believe him and think this path was his ultimate goal all along, of which he did not inform Whitney.Β  Whether I agree with his judgment in getting involved in this shit show or not, he still owed it to Whitney to be honest and open with her about his intentions of getting out of it, not leave her in the lurch about his participation on the show.Β  I'm no Whitney fan, but he really put her in a difficult situation.Β  I just wonder how much of a contract he had with the show and if perhaps he's left himself open to a lawsuit.Β  Perhaps he didn't really have much of one, which would beΒ the show's fault for not insisting on one.

• Love 1