Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Whitney Confronts Chase

• Start Topic

I GET that being a personal trainer is his career.  I just don't think his partnering up with this dipshit was a smart career move, NoBS Active? 

Seriously???

Hope he got tons of $$$$ for this.

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Am I the only one bored to tears here?

And dare I hope that Ryan is the one to decide breaking off their partnership since she's hardly pulling her weight and so he can stop being stuck in the middle of the fake Whitney/Chase drama.

"Everyone brings their dogs."

LOL! Buddy has become Whitney's emotional support animal.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Buddy, DUDE... If Ryan is a hamster then YOU are a snail. OR a slug. No shell for you.

Twitney,  He didn't ASK you to meet up with him except for ONE TIME, you liar pants! NOT MULTIPLE TIMES AS YOU LIED ABOUT JUST NOW!

Do we CARE what you think Buddy???? Naaaaa. Not a bit.

TWIT:  Leave the Doctor alone. YOU ARE FINE FATSO. Anxiety is NOT going to kill you! BUT... That 350 lbs on your 5'-2" frame might!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

And of course, Whitney will have to shit all over Buddy's new relationship. He's the one that move's too fast? This coming from a woman who was trying on wedding dresses while "dating" Ari?

With everything I've been through the past few months, between covid and taking care of my Mom, seeing Whitney frolicking at a lake just fills me with incandescent rage. Here's hoping that her jet ski runs out of gas in the middle of the lake and all of the barnacles end up using Whitney as a floatation device.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Why doesn't Whitney feel the slightest bit of shame draping herself all over people. Did Buddy give any indication he wanted her in his lap? And she ignores his oh so polite cue of I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE TOUCHING ME WITHOUT WARNING!

I’m not a huge Buddy fan, but I got a laugh out of his clear discomfort with her.

Whit: “Ooh, what’s that in your pocket? 😉

Buddy: (immediately hauls his phone out and shows it to her) “Let’s go out for a hike!!!”

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I initially thought Mt Whitney might not have been let in on the fake fiancée joke but she seemed to be done with Chase these last few episodes. The second he gave her a key and told her he wanted her to move to Whereeverthefuck she was out. Now she’s face to face with him and sobbing and whining with her desperation on full display. 

Did I see a big old bald spot on the back of Twit’s head?  She’s probably severely malnourished from eating nothing but carbs, sugar and fat from fast food, cookies and donuts. I don’t think she’d recognize a protein if it was on .her plate. 

She said she hasn’t done anything remotely physical in months.  She’s so fucking lazy she can’t exercise and wallow at the same time. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 5

The constant chasing (pun intended?) down men  like Chase, Buddy, Lennie, etc is the opposite of fabulous, and just screams that she's so insecure she can't handle being single for a minute even after a bad experience. Maybe take some time to focus on yourself and being happy with who you are before immediately seeking out some new dude to drag into the craziness. It's a constant theme with this show and just gets more pathetic as time goes on.

Also I agree that for someone so at health risk she's being pretty reckless with mask usage. We're all tired of 2020 but her life is still looking pretty cushy compared to a lot of others. 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

OK - I'm old, but I couldn't get over Chase CRYING over the social media hate.   No man in my generation would behave like that.   

Whit's fans are crazy and desperate and social media harassment is very much a thing that ruins people's lives when the person that they think it is being done for is marginally famous.

I don't doubt for one second that Whit's swarm of morons has been engaging in extreme harassment of Chase. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I actually got to see this episode and given his blank expressionless face, Chase never loved Whitney (but she clearly loved him). The only time Chase shed a tear was over al the hate mail he received. With Whitney, he seemed like, "Are we done? Get me out of here". 

I almost felt sorry for Whitney with this whole thing. She fell head-over-heels (sorry for the visual) for someone who was a storyline and who did not feel the same about her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

Did I see a big old bald spot on the back of Twit’s head?

The camera and editing crew strikes again. Not only do we get to see the bald spot(s) as she lumbers away, but also the back of her sweat stained yellow tank and the giant wrinkly skirt. Yeah, that'll leave Chase full of regrets.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

And here we get TLC in full on damage control. Chase doesn't deserve the abuse he got from Whitney's sycophants and I'm glad that TLC gave him the chance to talk about what's been going on. This is the most emotion that we've seen from Chase since he first appeared. Not surprised that it's over protecting himself and his family.

Chase willingly, as an adult, signed up for this shitshow. No one deserves death threats, but I have ZERO sympathy for him. He's pathetic and his girlfriend probably skipped a few pills on purpose because she was sick of the charade.

I loved his face when Sweatney asked him if he'd slept with his girlfriend more than once. "Uuhhhh uhhhh .... no?" 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She is insufferable. She is practically begging him to leave the ball in her court by asking her to work things out and he won’t take the bait. Not even for those sweet TLC dollars. “If I got pregnant would you be this excited?” Chase “I would be excited for YOU” lol

Haha I LOLd at that too 😄 

3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

He was really tapdancing around her, and I'm glad that he didn't fall into the trap of bemoaning what happened. I think that he's really happy about his daughter and while his girlfriend getting pregnant might have been unplanned, it got him away from this odious troll. Not even the TLC money is worth dealing with Whitney.

I felt like he was trying to fulfill TLC responsibilities while also realizing that his lady and daughter would probably see this at some time

3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Is it Lenny's turn to collect the fake BF paycheck again?  Maybe the producers contacted him.  I seem to recall that Lenny Alehat wasn't even his real name, was he a felon or something? .  Geez I remember her driving around frantically searching for him.  My God she's such a psycho, every time!  And she drove around chasing that Avi character we never actually saw too.  After they broke up, didn't Lenny bring a date when she invited him to her housewarming party?  Memory may be foggy.  

Hahahahahaha!  Like Buddy, I didn't recognize him either - I guess he's desperate enough for the paycheck to just show up.  Plus-sized nude portraiture probably suffered a hit during the quarantine, and I guess his friends already know he did it once 😄   And I forgot about him bringing a date to her party - hahahahaha!  Now next week we have to pretend that he spent the night and they may have had sex?  I can still picture him laying in her bed after a "sleepover" when they were "dating" - fully clothed on his back like a corpse under the covers - hahahahaha! 😄 😄😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I thought the Chase thing was the fakest ever, then we have Lenny just show up out of the blue. Please. 🙄🙄🙄

And just happens to know her address. Surprise!

What exactly was BooBear doing to that pizza to make it healthy? .

2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

And of course, Whitney will have to shit all over Buddy's new relationship. He's the one that move's too fast?

Yep. Here we go again. BooBear gets a girlfriend and Whitney gets jealous. I'm not sure she really wants him but she sure doesn't want anybody else to have him, either. What she wants is to have him to herself and have him give her all his attention so when she tells him to jump he will always be there to say "how high"? (and how much am I getting paid for this segment)? 

I loved Ryan's comment about Buddy staying at Twit's for the free rent. And his "So you're calling him Daddy now? I can't get enough of Ryan's snark. He will be missed. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yep. Here we go again. BooBear gets a girlfriend and Whitney gets jealous. I'm not sure she really wants him but she sure doesn't want anybody else to have him, either. What she wants is to have him to herself and have him give her all his attention so when she tells him to jump he will always be there to say "how high"? (and how much am I getting paid for this segment)? 

He needs to be there to make her "boyfriends" "jealous" - and then she can tell him in front of everyone to back off already!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Is it just me that that feels concerned that Whit takes such joy in dealing with her feelings in acts of senseless violence and destruction of property?

Honey, you aren't Taylor Swift, you are supposed to understand that she was fucking nuts in that music video.

• Love 2

Who asks their ex who supposedly got another girl pregnant when the pair of you were together for a hug after the big confrontation? And that weird car hand holding thing? Even if you buy that this was a legit relationship, that is just bizarre. 

• Love 11

I can't believe she suggested going skinny dipping as an outing!  Whitney, no dipping you will ever do would be called skinny.  Don't even put that out into the stratosphere.  The thought of it is too mind numbing to consider. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, John M said:

Is it just me that that feels concerned that Whit takes such joy in dealing with her feelings in acts of senseless violence and destruction of property?

Honey, you aren't Taylor Swift, you are supposed to understand that she was fucking nuts in that music video.

NOPE. I was extremely confused by the idea that this was a sustainable business. Even assuming the plates and hammers are found objects, are the people of Charlotte really so violent as to maintain however much it would cost to regularly launder Buddy and Whitney sweat out of those coats? If so, remind me never to go there. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Here we go with the Buddy romance again. Pathetic. For all that eye rubbing Chase has yet to produce one tear.

I hope she doesn't start that obnoxious "Boo Bear" bullshit again.  Ugh!   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, swankie said:

I hope she doesn't start that obnoxious "Boo Bear" bullshit again.  Ugh!   

I expect that is the only place they can go until they can get the Lennie "romance" going again...

• Love 3

Episode Translations:

Whitney: Would you have been excited if I'd gotten pregnant?

Chase: I'd have been excited for you.

Translation: If you'd gotten knocked up by your real, non-show boyfriend then I'd have felt great for you. 

Chase: My real baby is my priority, not this fake show.

Whitney: Just because you got some girl pregnant doesn't mean we can't still have a relationship!

Translation: But if you abandon your baby, move to Charlotte, and keep pretending to be with me then they won’t cancel my show!

Whitney: How many times did you sleep with her?

Chase: Once.

Translation: Only once THAT night...

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

NOPE. I was extremely confused by the idea that this was a sustainable business. Even assuming the plates and hammers are found objects, are the people of Charlotte really so violent as to maintain however much it would cost to regularly launder Buddy and Whitney sweat out of those coats? If so, remind me never to go there. 

Just as an aside, these smash rooms are all over the country. There seems to be a variety of names for them -rage room also seems popular-but they are a thing all over, not just Charlotte. I think it’s weird too but it is a thing. 

• Love 6

Did anyone catch when Whitney was talking to Buddy and she said she should delete their wedding website? I know she was talking about the Knot because she even said she logged in there and it said ‘Love isn’t cancelled’ which is exactly what that site said. So I checked. She STILL hasn’t deleted the website, even after that conversation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

For a man who didn't know if he wanted kids in Paris, he seems downright giddy and most certainly excited about having this baby. I do applaud his attitude towards impending fatherhood - he knows he has a responsibility and is going to do whatever he can for his child. 

So yeh, he wanted kids, just NOT with YOU, Whitney. 

It is also very telling that they only time he got really emotional was when he was talking about the hate he has gotten on social media. Not when he allegedly destroyed Whitney's future. Only when it is affecting his REAL life. Otherwise he is full milquetoast/holding in a giant laugh. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Is it Lenny's turn to collect the fake BF paycheck again?  Maybe the producers contacted him.  I seem to recall that Lenny Alehat wasn't even his real name, was he a felon or something? .  Geez I remember her driving around frantically searching for him.  My God she's such a psycho, every time!  And she drove around chasing that Avi character we never actually saw too.  After they broke up, didn't Lenny bring a date when she invited him to her housewarming party?  Memory may be foggy.  

Yes he did and his date was prettier and not fat

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, swankie said:

I can't believe she suggested going skinny dipping as an outing!  Whitney, no dipping you will ever do would be called skinny.  Don't even put that out into the stratosphere.  The thought of it is too mind numbing to consider. 

Those of us who are chunky don't  skinny dip, we fluffy float.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1

So truth time here... I've run into ex's before. More times than I want to count. I'll never forget running into one that I never wanted to see ever again at a movie theater and having my brother chime in that it had been so long since we saw one another and that my ex should call me. I wanted to kill my brother.

But having Lenny magically appear right after Whitney's "dramatic" confrontation with Chase and in a city where he'd never been to with her and find where she was living? This is Lifetime-movie level stalking and a "coincidence" that just is not believable. We haven't heard anything about Lenny since he and Whitney's "relationship" ended and he exited the show. He's being brought back in just to tell the audience that no, Whitney isn't pathetic because her former "fiancé" is now with someone else and that other woman will live the life Whitney always wanted (with the handsome guy and adorable baby). Whitney is a catch, dammit! She's not going to be a lonely spinster, left with only Buddy as a final option. She's got prospects! Men want her!

It's laughable because it's so transparent what the show is trying to do. And the setup to create conflict with her soulmate, Buddy is not just telegraphed. They practically put up a neon sign over their heads.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Hahahahahaha!  Like Buddy, I didn't recognize him either - I guess he's desperate enough for the paycheck to just show up.  Plus-sized nude portraiture probably suffered a hit during the quarantine, and I guess his friends already know he did it once 😄   And I forgot about him bringing a date to her party - hahahahaha!  Now next week we have to pretend that he spent the night and they may have had sex?  I can still picture him laying in her bed after a "sleepover" when they were "dating" - fully clothed on his back like a corpse under the covers - hahahahaha! 😄 😄😄 

He was even wearing a woolly hat.

On the other hand, he did (after one tentative "are you sure it's mine?") accept responsibility for Whitney's false positive pregnancy test (which she persisted in referring to as her pregnancy). So either they were having post-breakup booty calls (as Whitney coyly implied - or outright told everyone) or TLC was keeping him on-call for cameos as necessary. 🙂

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2

"Naah, too soon"  Chase's answer when Ryan asked if he and his new gf are getting married. Yet he told Whitney he loved his gf, they have a baby together that he's crazy about, they're living together, but marriage is still out of the question when he was ready to marry Whitney within such a short time? 

Something just doesn't add up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Jenny8 said:

"Naah, too soon"  Chase's answer when Ryan asked if he and his new gf are getting married. Yet he told Whitney he loved his gf, they have a baby together that he's crazy about, they're living together, but marriage is still out of the question when he was ready to marry Whitney within such a short time? 

Well it actually does. Chase was never going to marry Whitney. He was hired to play a part and the engagement had to happen at the end of the season as part of the agreement. So the timing was set as part of the show. 

Meanwhile he is (and has been) living with his girlfriend and they are raising their baby. In several photos she is sporting a rock so I suspect they are engaged but that doesn’t mean a wedding is happening soon. I would think they would want the attention from the show to go away first. Plus Covid has messed up a lot of wedding plans. And even if they weren’t engaged, it wouldn’t mean they don’t want to or aren’t committed. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Lenny magically appear right after Whitney's "dramatic" confrontation with Chase and in a city where he'd never been to with her and find where she was living? This is Lifetime-movie level stalking and a "coincidence" that just is not believable.

During a pandemic.  And Buddy lets him in the house maskless (Lenny put a mask on, but Buddy didn't) for the "big reveal" to Whitney.  So fake.

2 hours ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

For a man who didn't know if he wanted kids in Paris, he seems downright giddy and most certainly excited about having this baby. I do applaud his attitude towards impending fatherhood - he knows he has a responsibility and is going to do whatever he can for his child. 

So yeh, he wanted kids, just NOT with YOU, Whitney. 

The whole not knowing if he wanted kids was probably a scripted plot point so when SHE called off the engagement she could cite that as one of the reasons.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jenny8 said:

Remember,  when this episode was filmed, the baby hadn't been born yet. Baby mama was probably about  6 months pregnant.  So yeah, too soon. Now that baby is here and about 3 months old,  they're probably planning a wedding.  I'm sure they are waiting for the majority of the haters to move on. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I thought the Chase thing was the fakest ever, then we have Lenny just show up out of the blue. Please. 🙄🙄🙄

With Whitney, fully dressed, hair done, and makeup, lumbering onto the stairs to feign shock at seeing him.  

Bitch, please.  You knew he was coming over to film, otherwise your ass would have been in the usual unsightly leggings and sports bra you perpetually wallow around in.  

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What exactly was BooBear doing to that pizza to make it healthy? .

I wondered that same thing.  It looked like he cooked ground beef with onions in it and had all the other usual toppings that a regular pizza comes with.  Looked like regular premade pizza crusts, too, and not cauliflower or some other substitute.  

Maybe he was referring to portion control since he made them each only one pizza.  No second helpings for Whitney.  😄 

4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Just as an aside, these smash rooms are all over the country. There seems to be a variety of names for them -rage room also seems popular-but they are a thing all over, not just Charlotte. I think it’s weird too but it is a thing. 

It's been around for ages, too.

I seem to recall back in the day, Celebrity Rehab or one of those types of shows took the participants out for these types of activities.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

So truth time here... I've run into ex's before. More times than I want to count. I'll never forget running into one that I never wanted to see ever again at a movie theater and having my brother chime in that it had been so long since we saw one another and that my ex should call me. I wanted to kill my brother.

But having Lenny magically appear right after Whitney's "dramatic" confrontation with Chase and in a city where he'd never been to with her and find where she was living? This is Lifetime-movie level stalking and a "coincidence" that just is not believable. We haven't heard anything about Lenny since he and Whitney's "relationship" ended and he exited the show. He's being brought back in just to tell the audience that no, Whitney isn't pathetic because her former "fiancé" is now with someone else and that other woman will live the life Whitney always wanted (with the handsome guy and adorable baby). Whitney is a catch, dammit! She's not going to be a lonely spinster, left with only Buddy as a final option. She's got prospects! Men want her!

It's laughable because it's so transparent what the show is trying to do. And the setup to create conflict with her soulmate, Buddy is not just telegraphed. They practically put up a neon sign over their heads.

The whole thing with Lenny is so fake it's insulting to the viewers.   Yea she's a catch alright. 

Not to be mean but Whit was looking very large in this episode.  When they were eating the pizza and she got up to put their "contract" away I really saw it.   Be interesting to see how much she weighs now.  Oh right she only lets them film her weigh in when she knows she's lost a few pounds.  God forbid she's honest with the viewers.

So I guess it's ok for her to lay herself all over Boo Bear whenever she wants.  Hm just a few weeks ago she was telling him not to touch her.  He didn't seem all that thrilled by it.  

Next week Buddy has a new girlfriend! and yet another trip to a cabin.  Will Twit challenge Boo Bear's new girlfriend to a log climbing challenge?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Note to Whitney: Looping one part of the mask over your ear and holding the other loop in your hand does NOT count as "wearing your mask".

That dog has no emotional attachment to Whitney whatsoever. It's a prop dog, nothing more.

Smash house? Is this really a thing?

But she surely got over her "grief" quickly enough by wailing away with that bat, didn't she.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

But she surely got over her "grief" quickly enough by wailing away with that bat, didn't she.

Hell, she seemed absolutely blissful giggling and shoving that homemade pizza into her gobbler.

Maybe the physical exertion of swinging that bat burned a few calories.  

I can't wait until next week's episode.  I'm hoping she falls off of that jet ski and doesn't have Ryan around to pull her back to shore.  😄 

("Are you swimming BACKWARDS?" will never not be hilarious to me.)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Persnickety1 said:

Maybe the physical exertion of swinging that bat burned a few calories.  

Speaking of, she could do that, but needs "clearance" from a doctor to resume making those ~workout videos with Ryan where she listlessly marches in place and taps a hand to each knee.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wondered that same thing.  It looked like he cooked ground beef with onions in it and had all the other usual toppings that a regular pizza comes with.  Looked like regular premade pizza crusts, too, and not cauliflower or some other substitute.  

The box did say cauliflower pizza. I looked for it because I was wondering about the healthy pizza thing too. Personally I think Whitney ate a regular pizza. I can’t fathom her eating a cauliflower crust. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

That dog has no emotional attachment to Whitney whatsoever. It's a prop dog, nothing more.

I did notice that the dog seemed awfully quiet and calm for a standard poodle. The standards that I'd been around were not exactly hyperactive, but they're very playful and intelligent active dogs. After all, it's a sport breed, originally bred for hunting waterfowl. Whitney's dog seems completely detached emotionally from her and not all that interested in interacting with Whitney or other people. At first, I started to wonder if it might be a medical service dog given how quiet and stoic the dog is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

The box did say cauliflower pizza. I looked for it because I was wondering about the healthy pizza thing too. Personally I think Whitney ate a regular pizza. I can’t fathom her eating a cauliflower crust. 

Thanks for clarifying that.  I was puzzled about what made it "healthy."  

Yeah, I can't picture her being satisfied with a cauliflower crust, either.

The pizza Buddy made probably was just an appetizer...then she called for a regular crust takeout pizza 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I did notice that the dog seemed awfully quiet and calm for a standard poodle. The standards that I'd been around were not exactly hyperactive, but they're very playful and intelligent active dogs. After all, it's a sport breed, originally bred for hunting waterfowl. Whitney's dog seems completely detached emotionally from her and not all that interested in interacting with Whitney or other people. At first, I started to wonder if it might be a medical service dog given how quiet and stoic the dog is. 

That is a fascinating theory. I am pretty sure standard poodles are a good choice for service animals for diabetics. That would be very interesting if it’s true.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

And here we get TLC in full on damage control. Chase doesn't deserve the abuse he got from Whitney's sycophants and I'm glad that TLC gave him the chance to talk about what's been going on.

I think he deserves every single thing he gets.  I don't know if this is real or fake but the storyline is he slept with an old girlfriend while engaged to Whitney and she ended up pregnant.  Why would I be happy for him?  He is a cheater or he signed up for this storyline.  Sorry dude, I don't think a bar manager is somebody I would be attracted to but you made your bed.  Don't care about the particular bed.

• Love 5