Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Whitney Confronts Chase

• Start Topic

Airs December 15, 2020

Whitney, needing closure, confronts Chase; Buddy consoles Whitney, but plays second fiddle to another man from her past.

Watching the teaser for this upcoming episide: Doesn't her blubbering 'I was gonna have a life! A future! A family!' really, really put the lie to the whole 'fabulous life' thing? It certainly implies that without a man, she doesn't have anything.

Wonder how much extra they had to pay Chase to say 'I still love you!' ?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I have a feeling this episode should be titled "Whitney Chases Chase."  What kind of "closure" do you need, once a man tells you he's  now in love with another woman who is having his baby? Isn't that a clear enough message that the relationship is over? What's satisfying (or dignified) about hammering on a slammed door?

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I have a feeling this episode should be titled "Whitney Chases Chase."  What kind of "closure" do you need, once a man tells you he's  now in love with another woman who is having his baby? Isn't that a clear enough message that the relationship is over? What's satisfying (or dignified) about hammering on a slammed door?

Hey, they've got to do something so that Whitney can show off what a strong woman she is while still being the biggest (pun intended - it stays) victim on the planet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

There is a “bonus clip” on the MBFFL FB page showing Whitney bawling after a phone call with Chase. Buddy keeps saying both in a talking head and to Whitney to just block him and move on. But Whitney whines about it not being fair and how can you not have a conversation. So yes - Whitney chased Chase. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I suspect TLC demanded requested it so the "final" parting words could be filmed.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn TLC threatens monetary action if their participants don't comply.  

I also suspect the same with Chase agreeing to appear.  

Ryan deserves a bonus for his parting scene last week.  That was goddamned glorious.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Watching the teaser for this upcoming episide: Doesn't her blubbering 'I was gonna have a life! A future! A family!' really, really put the lie to the whole 'fabulous life' thing? It certainly implies that without a man, she doesn't have anything.

Wonder how much extra they had to pay Chase to say 'I still love you!' ?

Wonder if it's  judicious editing? "I still love you..." (as much as I ever did, which is to say not at all....)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I suspect TLC demanded requested it so the "final" parting words could be filmed.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn TLC threatens monetary action if their participants don't comply.  

I also suspect the same with Chase agreeing to appear.  

Ryan deserves a bonus for his parting scene last week.  That was goddamned glorious.  

I think Whitney was probably fine with it but I suspect Chase was reminded of his commitment and the large army of lawyers TLC would have at their disposal. He didn’t want to see her when they were pretending to be engaged and it got more and more obvious along the way. He definitely wasn’t begging to see her for ‘closure’ etc. 

6 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Wonder if it's  judicious editing? "I still love you..." (as much as I ever did, which is to say not at all....)

In the Bonus footage I mentioned above she whines that Chase told her he still cared about her but didn’t say he loved her. So I suspect the ‘I still love you’ was a required element to fulfill his remaining contract requirements. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
Spoiler

He got someone else and he got a baby and I got nothing! It's not fair!

Her wanting "closure", like everything Whitney thinks relationships are transactional. What do you want Whit, him to admit that it was all fake so he could get paid to be on TV to promote his bar and his best friend's business?

Sorry Whit, he didn't love you, nothing else left to say, it was all made up for TV. There is your "closure" Whitney, you happy now? You don't get a baby as a parting gift.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

To be fair, "dignified" has never been Whitney's strong suit. #understatement

So this is perfectly on brand! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Link to the teaser footage of Whitney being Whitney

Reveal spoiler

and Buddy{!!} being the voice of reason

: LINK

I’m looking forward to putting this dumpster fire to bed tonight and hoping MBFFL doesn’t come back, as I honestly can’t see where they will go from here.  I refuse to believe that it is possible for a mess like Twit to actually make a living by being a total heap of flaming garbage on television and that there are ratings to sustain that ridiculous revenue stream.  They aren’t going to show anything about Twit making her life and health better, they are just going to do more of the same fake stuff so why bother.  Two observations from the sneak peek clip:

- Buddy being the voice of reason and speaking fairly plainly and intelligently is either the sign of a coming apocalypse or a classic “jumping the shark” move on the part of the production company.

- If she is going to do that high pitched, whiney, pouty lipped talking all through the episode I will not last longer than 10-15 minutes.  Just the clip made me want to reach through the screen and slap her back to reality.  Like nails on a chalk board . . .

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

It's not a question about dignity, I think. It's more of letting her have the last word. We already know that the "relationship" fell apart because Chase's real girlfriend got pregnant. There's nothing that Whitney can say or do that will change the circumstances of what happened. What she and the show are trying to do is reframe things to present Whitney both as the wronged woman (the victim) but that she's ending things on her terms (the strong woman).

Of course for all this to work, we'd have to buy the conceit of the relationship not being scripted (which it clearly was, despite her protestations) and ignore the timing of his daughter's birth. His girlfriend got pregnant in the fall of last year, which would have been around the time of the engagement. Chase didn't "cheat" because he lived so far away from Whitney and they didn't see one another so often (as the show and social media had them seeing one another a lot). He had a real relationship that wasn't with the woman he was being paid to romance on television and that relationship got in the way of the script. So now the show had to figure out how to write him out of the story and not have Whitney look like an idiot. And that why we all of a sudden had Whitney complaining about Chase living so far away and her refusing to budge on even considering moving to Wilmington. They had to come up with a way to show that Chase wasn't worthy of Whitney in the first place, and that she was right to stick to her guns. And that's awfully hard to do when we had Chase, on camera, saying that he loved this other woman and wouldn't express that he loves (loved) Whitney. Chase is saying as clearly as the show is allowing him to that this was all staged and they just couldn't fake it anymore, while Whitney and the show want to keep up the original storyline.

So tonight we're going to watch Whitney cry and stand up to the man who wrong her (on the show) and walk away with her head held high so she could find someone deserving of her. They're going to try to paint it that Whitney now recognizes that she deserves more, and that Chase was an awful person. None of it is going to be remotely believable, but it might be mildly entertaining.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

She is insufferable. She is practically begging him to leave the ball in her court by asking her to work things out and he won’t take the bait. Not even for those sweet TLC dollars. “If I got pregnant would you be this excited?” Chase “I would be excited for YOU” lol

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

She is horrendous and stupid. She completely missed when he said he would be happy for her if she got pregnant. That is not him saying he would be happy to have a baby with you. He’s excited to have a baby and that this other woman is the mother. If you got pregnant he would only be happy FOR you. Get a clue idiot. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Whitney looks like a flaming psycho here. Her demands are all over the place. She cuts off contact, but she wanted him to fight for her. She's jealous that another woman is going to have the life and family that she wanted.

Chase sounds like a rational adult, trying to fulfill the script while keeping his dignity. Glad that he gets to walk away from the crazy woman and all her stupid drama. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She is horrendous and stupid. She completely missed when he said he would be happy for her if she got pregnant. That is not him saying he would be happy to have a baby with you. He’s excited to have a baby and that this other woman is the mother. If you got pregnant he would only be happy FOR you. Get a clue idiot. 

She hears what she wants to hear. Everything is about her and her needs and wants. Chase was nothing more than an object to fulfill her fantasy, not a person who's needs might not mesh perfectly with hers every waking moment. 

He was really tapdancing around her, and I'm glad that he didn't fall into the trap of bemoaning what happened. I think that he's really happy about his daughter and while his girlfriend getting pregnant might have been unplanned, it got him away from this odious troll. Not even the TLC money is worth dealing with Whitney.

Oh Gods... we're back to the "Buddy Wants Whitney" storyline. Can these two get married so the show can be cancelled and we can go on with our lives. Though Buddy's real life girlfriend might object...

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

All I have to say is CHASE WORKED HARD FOR HIS MONEY!!!! 

That was the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet... Whiny Whitney and all her bulldookey. Jeebus.  I think I can go ahead and watch something else now, it's all over but the cryin'.

I could care LESS that Twit is minus ONE MORE FAKE BOYFRIEND!!!

You can tell she's over it by the way she's shoving that pizza in her piehole.  CURED! OVER IT!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Here we go with the Buddy romance again. Pathetic. For all that eye rubbing Chase has yet to produce one tear.

He was trying so hard. I could practically hear the producer saying ‘we need that tear for your paycheck’

• LOL 8

You'd have to be nutty to want a baby with Whitney.  Ryan had a baby with Whitney called NoBS Active and he was stuck doing all the heavy lifting while his partner gave half assed effort.  Let's not forget as soon as Ryan did something to displease her she had a tantrum  snatched that baby away.

Do we really think Whit would treat a real baby any differently?

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Chase sounds like a rational adult, trying to fulfill the script while keeping his dignity. Glad that he gets to walk away from the crazy woman and all her stupid drama. 

Imagine how unbearable it must have been having to fake a romance with her even during the relatively brief filming period.  The producers probably tried, but really couldn't force him to totally humiliate himself by pretending to have some emotional breakdown at their final parting.  Hell it was humiliating enough to take an acting job like he did to begin with.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why doesn't Whitney feel the slightest bit of shame draping herself all over people. Did Buddy give any indication he wanted her in his lap? And she ignores his oh so polite cue of I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE TOUCHING ME WITHOUT WARNING!

This broad is chronically untouched and all the world must endure her neediness. 

• Love 13

If I have to hear about Whitney whining about how difficult the covid quarantine was for her, I'm going to scream. I work in healthcare and saw first hand what's been going on with front line medical workers and patients. That this self-indulgent cow is bitching that she couldn't go out (when she could if she took precautions - she just chose not to) and wants to go on vacation to the lake with her friends while people are dying... Just when I thought I couldn't hate her more...

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

She hears what she wants to hear. Everything is about her and her needs and wants. Chase was nothing more than an object to fulfill her fantasy, not a person who's needs might not mesh perfectly with hers every waking moment. 

He was really tapdancing around her, and I'm glad that he didn't fall into the trap of bemoaning what happened. I think that he's really happy about his daughter and while his girlfriend getting pregnant might have been unplanned, it got him away from this odious troll. Not even the TLC money is worth dealing with Whitney.

Oh Gods... we're back to the "Buddy Wants Whitney" storyline. Can these two get married so the show can be cancelled and we can go on with our lives. Though Buddy's real life girlfriend might object...

And if she were to get pregnant the Twit would totally come unglued.... Now I would watch that!

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Oh goody... Lenny is coming back. What what he wanted. Another of her fake romances.

Is it Lenny's turn to collect the fake BF paycheck again?  Maybe the producers contacted him.  I seem to recall that Lenny Alehat wasn't even his real name, was he a felon or something? .  Geez I remember her driving around frantically searching for him.  My God she's such a psycho, every time!  And she drove around chasing that Avi character we never actually saw too.  After they broke up, didn't Lenny bring a date when she invited him to her housewarming party?  Memory may be foggy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

And here we get TLC in full on damage control. Chase doesn't deserve the abuse he got from Whitney's sycophants and I'm glad that TLC gave him the chance to talk about what's been going on. This is the most emotion that we've seen from Chase since he first appeared. Not surprised that it's over protecting himself and his family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

" I have a career to think about"..... Ryan,   SERIOUSLY??

THIS is your CAREER????

Chase, stop whining.  Just be happy you're out from under the big giant controlling obnoxious FATASS!!!

You got your $$$$, just frickin' go away and be happy.  You deserve it.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

" I have a career to think about"..... Ryan,   SERIOUSLY??

THIS is your CAREER????

Chase, stop whining you weenie.  Just be happy you're out from under the big giant controlling obnoxious FATASS!!!

Actually yes this is his career. He built NoBSActive and he’s a trainer at a gym. So yes - fitness instruction is his career. 

• Love 6