Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: We All Fall...

• Start Topic

As the NCIS team continue to investigate the murder of an officer who was about to whistle blow on police misconduct within NOPD, Pride must get creative in order to finally get rid of the dirty cops. Also, the Mayor asks Pride to join her new task force to address systemic issues plaguing their city and, as Covid continues to overwhelm the system, Wade finally addresses the toll it's taken on her.

I liked the episode.

While it would certainly have been interesting, I'm glad they didn't have Loretta go down the rabbit hole.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cops just getting fired. It's realistic. At the same time, it keeps them around as potential enemies and I'm not really looking forward to that. It looks like a repeat in the making: set up the team and/or frame Pride for murder. He's talked one too many times about wanting to see those cops dead in the episode.

I thought the mayor was going to ask Rita to join the task force. (She's still out of a job, isn't she?)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I liked the episode.

While it would certainly have been interesting, I'm glad they didn't have Loretta go down the rabbit hole.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cops just getting fired. It's realistic. At the same time, it keeps them around as potential enemies and I'm not really looking forward to that. It looks like a repeat in the making: set up the team and/or frame Pride for murder. He's talked one too many times about wanting to see those cops dead in the episode.

I thought the mayor was going to ask Rita to join the task force. (She's still out of a job, isn't she?)

I wonder what TPTB has in mind for Rita. The job for the mayor would have been perfect for her.

Anytime a leader of any kind (mayor, police chief, etc) is introduced on this show, I expect them to get assassinated, and their murder pinned on Pride. So, whenever I saw the mayor last night, I kept waiting for the "bang." Of course, we're early into this story.

Edited by DavidWeis1
Good spelling counts for something.
  • Love 1

Yes, apparently Rita is still unemployed. So, they made her a regular to what?  Be Pride's stay at home wife?   I actually like the Rita character.  She was an accomplished attorney working a high level job with the DOJ.  And now they had her give up her career to be with Dwayne?   With her credentials she should be able to find a decent job in NOLA.  I also didn't like her cowering in the kitchen wringing her hands when the knock came on the door at the end.  I know they had just gone through the SWAT incident and it made sense to be concerned but Rita's always had more mettle than that. 

• Love 2

I kept thinking that we'll be seeing the Mayor wearing a red shirt soon.  Too bad as I like her, but I think that the dirty cops are going to be gunning for her.   

I really wish that this show would think of something other than the yearly Perils of Pride.  And just an aside here, I know that the show really wants to push the thing with Tammy being gay, but it seems that they've forgotten that she had originally been married to some stinker guy.  Yeah, I have personally known women who were married to men who eventually left their husbands and came out (this was like 40 years ago), but in the 2000s, it would make more sense to me that she would be bi because of her marriage, but would "bi" be too shocking for a CBS audience?   

2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I kept thinking that we'll be seeing the Mayor wearing a red shirt soon.  Too bad as I like her, but I think that the dirty cops are going to be gunning for her.   

I really wish that this show would think of something other than the yearly Perils of Pride.  And just an aside here, I know that the show really wants to push the thing with Tammy being gay, but it seems that they've forgotten that she had originally been married to some stinker guy.  Yeah, I have personally known women who were married to men who eventually left their husbands and came out (this was like 40 years ago), but in the 2000s, it would make more sense to me that she would be bi because of her marriage, but would "bi" be too shocking for a CBS audience?   

I actually thought she had previously come out as bi, and was confused that she is suddenly a lesbian. I could be wrong, but that had been my impression (and, as a bi woman myself, I am pretty sure I would have remembered!)

• Love 2

I don't like this new version of Rita. She was a strong, high powered career woman and now she'd wringing her hands and freaking out over cops trying to intimidate them? The old Rita would be burning through the NOPD like fire.

And Gregorio has always been gay, she's never called herself bi. I've been watching old seasons in quarantine and I saw the episodes where she revealed it. And it was kind of a "just part of her story" instead of a very special episode, which I appreciated.