Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Shame On You

• Start Topic

Season 8, Episode 2

Shame on You

DECEMBER 13, 2020

A first look at the newly bethrothed couples at the early phase of their 90-day engagements. Among the couples are Nebraskan single mom Anna and her fiance Marcel from Turkey, and Anny from the Dominican Republic with her fiance Robert, a single dad from Florida.

The sneak peak last night did not show any of those couples.  Maybe they'll appear in the full episode, or maybe TLC has finally lost the ability to keep up with their own shit. 

Clay Aiken Brandon picked up Julia at the airport, accompanied by his parental units.  I'm hoping the full episode Sunday night treats us to seeing Julia's reaction to the revelation that she'll be expected to muck stalls, slop the pigs, and other assorted farming chores.  

I'm going to put this under a spoiler just in case.  As some of us suspected....

Spoiler

Mike has Uncle Bo move out before Natalie arrives.  Normally I'd say what an asshole move, but after seeing Uncle Bo's rap sheet, maybe Mike was thinking better safe than sorry.  Natalie would be enough to drive even a non-drug-addicted, non-violent person to the brink of insanity.  

I can't remember off hand what else happened, but the preview held my attention.    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The preview had Natalie talking with her mom and her mom hoping that Natalie is happy.

Howdy Doody Brandon picked up Julia at the airport. A little too much PDA in front of the parents.

Uncle Beau was moving his things to the barn. The scenery near Mike’s place is beautiful.

A couple of seconds of Yara complaining that Jovi’s apartment was too small.

Rebecca taking some sort of boxing lesson with her PI friend. The friend was warning her about Zied and that he may be exactly like the previous husband and for Rebecca to keep her eyes and ears open. Rebecca going on as this is her final chance at love and if it does not work out, she will be single and alone forever.

• LOL 2

Watching the preview now:  Waaaaay too much PDA at the airport between Howdy Doody and Julia.  Uncle Bo is really Mike's cousin, he looks a bit younger with out the cap on.  He is going to live with his brother.  FF through Natalie and mom on the way to the airport.  Don't care.

Rebecca wore a t shirt with Zied's picture on it to kickbox..  Instructor:  "Who is that on your shirt?"  I really wanted her friend to say:  "That guy from the Wizards of Waverly Place!" for some odd reason.  Her friend Melanie is a buzzkill.  I would rethink things if my friends spoke about me in the way these fools friends talk about them!  "Yeah, she has been through this before!" with a snide look on her face.  Thanks pal.

Rebecca:  "If this doesn't work out I don't know what I will do!"  We do!!  You will find another inappropriate partner, ignore all the red flags ignore the advice of your friends and family and marry him.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Nebraskan single mom Anna and her fiance Marcel from Turkey

Oh Lord do we have se Tweddle Dum and Tweedle Dee AGAIN??  Why did I give up drinking????

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
Just now, AZChristian said:

Fixed it for ya.

Thank you!!  Have we not seen enough of dim witted Marcel and his "Anna.....Anna!  Please Anna.....I no like pizza, or your eggs, or your kids.....but let us go make love now."

Anna:  "Okay!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I happened to see this preview and noticed that Natalie's mother called her "Natasha" - so, she has an alias for the show.

I believe Natasha is a “diminutive” form of Natalie or Natalya much like many Russian men named “Mikhail” are called “Mischa” informally 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Saw another preview - Brandon is on my last nerve and episode #2 has not started.  Out to dinner with the parents and here comes the birth control talk.  Appropriate?  Not really but Brandon has this "Aw gee shucks this is news to me" attitude about BC, them living in the same room, everything.  Go away Howdy Doody.  Wanna play house?  Go live on your own.

• Love 12

Ack. Brandon's parents. Right up in their business. First the sweet talk, then jumping in their faces about children. Girl hasn't been off the plane for 5 minutes when they are demanding a "double date" and now this.

Hazel, Tarik, and anonymous third. What fun. Poor children who are "first" in their lives. Hazel seems like a soul killer in this iteration.

Natalie - Mike is monster! Now what?

• Love 7

Jovi is in way over his head with Yara.  She was right to put her foot down about not going out after traveling for over 30 hours.  However, she is a miserable, high maintenance shrew.  I have a feeling she lied to him about being pregnant.  If the Ukraine is so great, I wonder why she conned her way to America.  

Something tells me that after spending the night in Seattle, Natalie is going to be very disappointed and unhappy on the farm.  

I think Tarik would have been better off if he had dumped Hazel and stayed with Minty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Jovi is in way over his head with Yara.  She was right to put her foot down about not going out after traveling for over 30 hours.  However, she is a miserable, high maintenance shrew. 

I agree, and he probably counting the days till he leaves for work and is secretly hoping she is gone when he returns.

57 minutes ago, renatae said:

OK, now it's out in the open. Hazel and Tarik gonna be fighting over Minty. Not the show I wanna see. Please.

I agree.  I want to know more about his friend/tenant.  Is she single?  If so, why is chasing tail all around Thailand when she is RIGHT THERE???

Tarik, Hazel has already demonstrated that she will get jealous over another woman in this throuple.  Why are you pursuing it?  With a young child in the home?

6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Love really is blind!

And deaf.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, renatae said:

OK, now it's out in the open. Hazel and Tarik gonna be fighting over Minty. Not the show I wanna see. Please.

This business with Minty is TicTacky.

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

No pillow talk for tonight’s show!

Apparently they are skipping this season.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Okay so Uncle Beau is really Cousin Beau but then Uncle Beau referred to Mike as his nephew.   Is this 90 Day or Chinatown?

The editors threw some shade showing Tarik rap followed by his bragging about what a great rapper he is.  Um we just heard you.

Rebecca, are you 14 with the pics of Zied on any textile, screen, or hard surface?  Newsflash he’s average looking at best.

Now the kickboxing instructor, he was some eye candy.  Mercy.

When Zied was adjusting his glasses he reminded me of Coltie.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Mike is so obviously in this for the TLC money that it's not even funny. Natalie wants a second chance and he's lukewarm towards her at best.

Julia's figuring out that Brandon's parents are more important to him than she is.

I cringed when Rebecca decided to get Zaid a used Xbox One with no idea what he liked or was into. If you're going to buy someone a gaming system, ask what they want.

Tarik: Hazel's just using you as a way to get to America and a find a woman to live with. Most bisexuals date one person at a time; the fact that she's already looking past you is a big red flag.

Jovi and Yara are both thoroughly unpleasant people. Neither is listening to the other or has any interest in doing so.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

My God, has anyone ever seen a more irritating couple than Yara and Jovi? They’re BOTH so mf annoying. She’s snippy and condescending and he’s single-minded and dumb. Who on Earth would want to go drinking after 30 hours of traveling?! I see absolutely no affection or even sexual chemistry between them. Her disdain is obvious but he doesn’t even seem into her, so what’s the deal? Is he feeling guilty about rescinding the proposal-due-do-pregnancy? 

Natalie looks absolutely insane to me like a cross between a clown and Satan. She could absolutely audition for horror movies. The way she hugged those flowers in the car was so bizarre. Why does she talk like she’s trying not to move or open her mouth? I’m jealous of their stay in Seattle; my husband and I visited all the time but the borders have been closed since April and I think it’s our longest stretch of time not visiting the US. 

Brandon and his parents have no boundaries and it’s unhealthy. His mom takes an overactive role in Brandon’s life and his dad just seems like he’s along for the ride. Butt out of his life, lady. It was nauseating watching his parents gaze adoringly at their son tongue wrestling his girlfriend. And it was embarrassing to watch Brandon’s dad publicly chiding his adult son over dinner. Let the poor kid live his life and make mistakes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Re: Becky and Zied

Don't know if this is a spoiler since it's published information on most visa sites, and I have no idea what their current situation is, but

Spoiler

If the embassy keeps your passport then it's because they're printing the visa and attaching it to your passport. It usually only takes 24 hours.

This is something that they both should've known if they'd read anything about the visa, so I have to assume this is fake TLC drama.

Also, I think Rebecca is trolling us with the blanket and everything. She visits these boards and even replies on Reddit. She knows what gets people talking. Ultimately, I think this is just a regular, boring couple like Andrei and Libby and they're trying to drum up drama and interest via exaggeration.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

If Rebecca would quit referring to their age difference then I'd forget there is one. Unlike some of the other cougar/sugar daddy relationships, they seem to be fairly well matched. He looks a little older, she looks a little younger (even without FaceTune) and standing next to each other they pretty much even each other out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Also, I think Rebecca is trolling us with the blanket and everything. She visits these boards and even replies on Reddit. She knows what gets people talking. Ultimately, I think this is just a regular, boring couple like Andrei and Libby and they're trying to drum up drama and interest via exaggeration.

I wondered that too, when she whipped out her debit/credit card with his photo on it.  I mean....overkill?  

Has anyone mentioned Tarik's necklace with the names Tarik and Hazel combined?  "Tarzel"?  What will come next?  "Tarzelinty'?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Natalie: "I'm scared being in this city at night"

Mike: "Let me give you a tour of where CHOP was"

"Now that we have you on bc, Julia, I have scheduled a weekly appointment with my obgyn for you for full blood work.  And here are some new prescriptions for you."

"But I really want my friends to see how blonde and hot you are!"

Hazel wasn't jealous that Minty was getting in the way of her relationship with Tarik, she was jealous of Tarik  getting in the way of her relationship with Minty.

Of course many Thai parents name their daughters Minty, it's not a stripper name or anything.

Rebecca had Zied on her shirt, Zied on her nightstand, and Zied and her on her bedspread.  Love is great at sixteen, ain't it?

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9

I agree that is is insane to think that someone that has traveled for an extended period of time is ready to get dressed up and go out to party.  I would be exhausted and only want a hot shower and a bed.  Do these couples not talk about what to expect when they leave the airport?  Two couples had this issue.  The alligator guy was pushing her because his friends have been waiting to see her..........really?  Who cares?  She is there for at least 3 months get over it and give her a minute to rest up.  And she (can't remember her name) was a bitch about the apartment.  This is what two people discuss after not seeing each other for MONTHS?  Maybe it is producer interference.  

And none of these couples seem to even really like each other much less want to get married.  Well, except for Rebecca.  She is too needy for Zaid, who is no prize IMHO.  She has his picture on EVERYTHING.  I am waiting for the life sized tattoo of his face on her stomach.....upside down so he's looking at her.  

Yep, I plan on watching every agonizing minute of this season.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
56 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

She is too needy for Zaid, who is no prize IMHO.  She has his picture on EVERYTHING.  I am waiting for the life sized tattoo of his face on her stomach.....upside down so he's looking at her.  

Did she say he can't work for six months?  That is a looooong time to have a grown man on your couch, gaming while you bring home leftover hot chicken.  

13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

No pillow talk for tonight’s show!

I have different reports that Pillow Talk is moving to the new Discovery Plus streaming service.  TLC, to me, has gotten too big for it's britches with the 90 Day franchise.  I miss the days of people actually digging each other (yes I know) and now seem to troll international dating apps for the most far out person they can find to springboard to reality show fame.

• Love 14

Natalie looks exactly like her mother(except for the silicone lips), in case what's his name wants to know what he has to look forward to. And her hating on the 'purple' flowers (which to me looked fairly close to the god-awful lipstick color she wears) was childish. However, at least she was grateful for the nice room Yara

I don't think Rebecca is trolling; I've known obsessed old-enough-to-know-better women like her. No fool like an old fool.

I much prefer Love After Lockup, but at this point, I'm investing 2 hours in 90DF because the live chat snark here is ON POINT. My husband came down to see what I was chortling about last night. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

If anyone watches Married At First Sight, did you happen to notice that the Jovi's kitchen is the same (backsplash, cabinets) as those of MAFS fame?  They are both in New Orleans and it was difficult to see because Jovi arrived at night, but I'm sure it was the same building. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, linthia said:

I find myself so distracted by Rebecca's face. Does she just make strange faces, or does she have some sort of tic disorder? It's especially noticeable with the corner of her mouth.

I've noticed this too. Rebecca really does make strange faces particularly when she is trying to "think hard" about something. It's really distracting. I've thought it was just some sort of weird habit she has but who knows. Ari made weird faces as well. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Shauna said:

If anyone watches Married At First Sight, did you happen to notice that the Jovi's kitchen is the same (backsplash, cabinets) as those of MAFS fame?  They are both in New Orleans and it was difficult to see because Jovi arrived at night, but I'm sure it was the same building. 

Now that you mention it, it does look the same as the MAFS apartments.  

Do any of these couples communicate with each other before deciding to start the K1 visa process?None of them seem to actually like each other. 

Spoiler

After finding out about Bo's past I am team Natalie in regards to her request.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I've noticed this too. Rebecca really does make strange faces particularly when she is trying to "think hard" about something. It's really distracting. I've thought it was just some sort of weird habit she has but who knows. Ari made weird faces as well. 

Yes she does a weird thing with her lip - kinda bites them off to the side.  Nervous tick?

47 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I love the fact that you notice this!!!!

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Love After Lockup

My 23 year old son and I watch this together - quality parenting, yes??

• Love 7

All of these relationships seem doomed from the start, so yeah, typical 90DF.

Don’t know about anyone else but New Orleans is one of the last places I ever recommend to people I know from other countries, probably because I don’t have any friends who enjoy being crowded in with people who are beyond drunk on dirty nasty streets behaving like idiots and puking on the sidewalks. I know there are many other things to see and do in the area but Bourbon Street is all the locals seem to suggest in my experience. And Jovi seems to think that Yara should be just dying to get out there right into it. Sorry if I’ve offended any NOLA dwellers.

Hazel and Tarik will be my designated time-savers this season to ff through.

Not a big Julia fan so far, but Brandon is the worst Mama’s boy ever, even worse than Coltee.

Rebecca needs to stop telling random people about the age differnnce after Zoe’s arrives. He does look younger than her, but not enough to reveal the utter uckiness of the reality.

All in all a bunch of dumpster fires waiting to happen

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

Rebecca had Zied on her shirt, Zied on her nightstand, and Zied and her on her bedspread.  Love is great at sixteen, ain't it?

31 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Rebecca needs to stop telling random people about the age differnnce after Zoe’s arrives. He does look younger than her, but not enough to reveal the utter uckiness of the reality.

What is with that STUPID phone message?!  "It breaks my heart that he is sitting there scared and by himself..."  What the A.F.?! 

• Love 7

Rebecca and her constant calling out of the age difference completely is about her total insecurity.  Honey, no one cares but you.  "Isn't he handsome?"  "Did I misspeak on my age?" Also, did these people single handedly keep Shutterfly in business?! Shirt?  Mugs?  BLANKETS!?  FFS.  

I actually kind of like Julia.  She seems fun and quirky.  Boy, her and Brandon just probably needed to keep moving through that lust bubble before deciding to marry, though.  I completely agree with his parents, but their approach was pure bullshit, and Brandon just sitting there was painful to watch.  Lots of silence with these people. 

Man, why would Jovi take Yara to Bourbon St at the jump? Why not a nice little cajun cafe for chicory coffee and beignets?  How early y'all drankin'?  Dang.  Yara is VERY complain-y, and Jovi is very "meh, whatever".  This is another couple who are all about the lusty fun (nothing wrong with that), but aren't really compatible for a life together in committed marriage. For godsakes, bump your sexy bits, but y'all don't need to be married. 

Tarik has created a hot damn mess for himself.  So, from I gathered, this is the equation: (Tarik + Hazel) - Hazel + (Tarik + Minty) + Hazel.  Now, I don't have clarity on what happens after their 2 days of fun.  Are we saying that they all hooked up, and then Hazel was jealous and Minty was asked to go away?  Did she go away?  I agree with some of the other posters that it may have been Hazel and Minty together causing Tarik some discomfort.  Tarik and Hazel seem to not be in a trusting, secure place to truly open up their relationship, and it not be a disaster.  Neither seem to have the emotional maturity needed.  Frankly, Hazel is probably excited to explore her bisexuality, especially b/c of the oppressive nature of the country she is living in, than deal with Tarik b/c she never really seemed all that into him. I don't know that I can blame her for that. 

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My 23 year old son and I watch this together - quality parenting, yes??

Totally, you are showing your kid exactly what he should not do.  That's quality parenting. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My  problem with Brandon is this:  Is a Momma's boy?  Probably.  But he is doing what drives me a little nutty with  A LOT of men:  They are not upfront with their woman, then turn their mom loose on them to fight their dirty work, then sit back, have a beer with the boys and wonder why the two women in his life fight so much and don't get along.

Brandon is a pussy and Julia needs to find a real man.  The guy is 27 and operates at the level of a 17 year old.  Great job raising him, mom and dad.  Julia should just tell mom herself to piss off with the pregnancy thing, her son might still be a boy but Julia is a grown woman who doesn't need someone meddling in her life like that.  And no, buying someone's plane ticket doesn't buy you that privilege.

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Totally, you are showing your kid exactly what he should not do.  That's quality parenting. 

Oh he laughs and teases me and says, "But Mom....the girls on PrisonGirls.com are so cute!!!  I am sure they didn't mean it!!!"  (Doubtful that is a real site, I just made it up)

9 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Brandon is a pussy

Yes he is.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  I want to know more about his friend/tenant.  Is she single? 

All I know about her is that she's known him for years and referred to him as "Terry" and not "Tarik." 

5 hours ago, Dobian said:

Natalie: "I'm scared being in this city at night"

Mike: "Let me give you a tour of where CHOP was"

Aw now, to be fair, CHOP was in Capitol Hill, and they were downtown (right near the water and ferris wheel).  I did wonder where he parked because it looked like they were dragging suitcases down a dark alley, which didn't really fit with what looked to be a pretty nice hotel.

3 hours ago, Shauna said:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but in the MAFS discussions, it was revealed that the exterior of the building they showed was not the building where the couples' apartments actually were. 

1 hour ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I know there are many other things to see and do in the area but Bourbon Street is all the locals seem to suggest in my experience. And Jovi seems to think that Yara should be just dying to get out there right into it. 

I saw the clock on the wall in the scene where she was wanting to go to bed and he was wanting to go out.  It was 1:00 in the morning.  Seems to me going to bed then, especially after flying a million hours, would be a much better way for her to get adjusted to the time change than hitting Bourbon Street, and time matters because they have only two weeks together before he takes off.  But what do I know?  Jovi is the world traveler, not me.

1 hour ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Rebecca needs to stop telling random people about the age differnnce after Zoe’s arrives.

And that scene at the video store was so stupid.  I was only marginally paying attention (because it's Rebecca), and I think she first said she was getting the console for her son, but then said it was her fiance, who's about the same age as her son.  I'm sure she can't believe how people are constantly sussing out the age difference.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Not a big Julia fan so far, but Brandon is the worst Mama’s boy ever, even worse than Coltee.

Let us introduce you to I married a Mama's Boy... 

But I like it when the Brides tell them they are out of line for asking them such personal questions. So far, only Anny and Julia have done so. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1