Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Shame On You

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Tarik: Hazel's just using you as a way to get to America and a find a woman to live with. Most bisexuals date one person at a time; the fact that she's already looking past you is a big red flag.

6 years ago that would have been the first instinct of any immigration agent. The first thing they ask is if you were paid to petition someone. Tarik as the beard would have been automatic assumption. Since now a woman can bring in a wife as easily as a man can  in this case though I don't think it is for Hazel but rather for TLC to give them another storyline to pursue. S

Edited by Raja
On 12/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't know about purple roses, but purple carnations in Russia and Ukraine symbolize antipathy. 

Well if the flowers fit.....

21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a John Belushi Samurai flashback watching that scene.

I was waiting for the late great Buck Henry to pop in for a scene.  (Another one lost to 2020!)

• Love 3
On 12/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, MrBuhBye said:

All I could think of was that maybe in Ukraine that color flower is given at funerals or something.  

So it went beyond an earlier season story of not being red. Just by "chance" he landed on the wrong color 

• Love 1
On 12/15/2020 at 9:15 PM, lilysmom said:

I may have completely misheard this (I just got a new puppy so I was rather distracted while watching) but did Brandon not say something about Julia maybe having MISCONCEPTIONS about birth control?? I don't think he saw what he did there, but I did!

Don’t care about Brandon and Julia, but A NEW PUPPY! Tell us more. Name, breed, cuteness factor? Spill it! This year from hell started out when I had to put down my beloved elderly dog in January and I probably won’t get another dog (I was so glad I didn’t have to take a dog out in the latest snowstorm), thus I live vicariously through other pet owners. Enjoy your new best friend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Don’t care about Brandon and Julia, but A NEW PUPPY! Tell us more. Name, breed, cuteness factor? Spill it! This year from hell started out when I had to put down my beloved elderly dog in January and I probably won’t get another dog (I was so glad I didn’t have to take a dog out in the latest snowstorm), thus I live vicariously through other pet owners. Enjoy your new best friend.

She is a standard sized Goldendoodle and is just the sweetest girl! Her name is Gracie (Lou Freebush) but she prefers to go by just Gracie or "NoGracieQuitChewingontheTableLeg!" I feel your pain as does anyone who ever loved and lost a pet. My last dog was put down 5 years ago and I vowed I would never get another dog. And I steadfastly held to that until a week ago Sunday! Thank you for asking!!!

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 13
On 12/13/2020 at 10:30 PM, Adeejay said:

Jovi is in way over his head with Yara.  She was right to put her foot down about not going out after traveling for over 30 hours.  However, she is a miserable, high maintenance shrew.  I have a feeling she lied to him about being pregnant.  If the Ukraine is so great, I wonder why she conned her way to America.  

Something tells me that after spending the night in Seattle, Natalie is going to be very disappointed and unhappy on the farm.  

I think Tarik would have been better off if he had dumped Hazel and stayed with Minty.

Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe. 

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Second poorest, actually. Moldavia has the honor of being first. Go Andreeii!

Can't believe Moldova/Moldavia is still the poorest country after all the money TLC spent on Libby and Andrrrrei's "re-wedding."  That looked pretty spendy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 12/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Never thought about it that way but his choice of mesh shirts, regular shirts and jewelry have taken care of that for him!!!

And the backwards baseball cap

why can’t Brandon’s mother use the separate room issue as a bargaining chip to get them to agree to use birth control? 

• Love 3
On 12/16/2020 at 6:04 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I smell and Emmy for that sales girl!  Talk about being put on the spot. What grown woman does that, shows off her boyfriend like a teenager.

“Do you like my engagement ring? He bought it with my own money!” 

Another thought, when NBJ leaves to work for a month, what are they going to film of his and Yara’s relationship? Are we just going to see them arguing on the phone? At least Syngin had Tania’s mother to interact with when he left the shed and ate her tiramisu 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

“Do you like my engagement ring? He bought it with my own money!” 

Another thought, when NBJ leaves to work for a month, what are they going to film of his and Yara’s relationship? Are we just going to see them arguing on the phone? At least Syngin had Tania’s mother to interact with when he left the shed and ate her tiramisu 

Maybe he will sublet his apartment and make her live with his mom lol.

5 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

julia is channeling Jorge’s girlfriend Antifa (sorry, forgot her name). Jovy better be careful ...

Anfisa.  Which may be short for anal fissure.

16 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Mike could have picked some wildflowers from his far if any were in-season. Natalie is lucky that she did not receive dandelions or thistles.

You can make wine from dandelions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

Julia is channeling Jorge’s girlfriend Antifa (sorry, forgot her name). Jovy better be careful ...

I think you mean Yara, but between her, Anfisa, Julia, Natalie, and Lana, it’s easy to mix up the Russian and Ukrainian gold diggers and their American boyfriends 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

One thing I didn’t like about Jovi or Brandon this episode was making fun of the women’s English. When Yara didn’t know the word for “hanger” and Julia for saying “drink medicine”(although I think that was Brandon’s mom). Look 1. It’s just not kind, maybe give them the word to help them expand their vocabulary, 2. Can YOU speak another language fluently??? I’m guessing not so shut up. 

• Love 10
On 12/14/2020 at 10:53 PM, Dahlia said:

I think Nat is officially in panic mode... her age is understated and her desperation in overdrive..  Her relationship with her mother is the driving force in the frantic push re forming a family so it’s not just her and her mom anymore it’s all on her, she feels mike might be her last chance.  She is unbalanced and it’s scary and sad  to see.

I really believe Natalie should slow her roll, she's careening off a cliff. At her mature age and apparent desperation she needs to at least try to act normal and appropriate. Mike is a great catch without a lot of baggage, he's mostly sober, is not afraid of work and owns property, Uncle Beau notwithstanding. I'm sure his social media is full of interested women since his 90-day exposure. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Rebecca's Zied-themed comforter reminds me of my New Kids on the Block-era bedroom, circa 1990.

Wow, that is not a compliment.

she has a LOT of Zied themed items. One or two items of your loved one are cute in a corny way (like a coffee mug or something) but she has an entire store worth! My Mom (who got into this franchise with at the start of the pandemic) asked "When they break up is she going to throw all that shit out??"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Call me crazy, but if you have a lot of debt that you have paid off, and don't want to spend a ton of money, WHY WOULD YOU GET A FREAKING HOTEL ROOM/FULL-SIZED CONDO when a nice hotel room will do?   Natalie and her disdain for some beautiful roses killed me...if the purple has some meaning in her culture, then she should have just said it. 

Jovi is an idiot...and Yara is way too high maintenance.  She needs to get her nose out of the air.  Why would you leave your 90 day fiance for as long as he needs to for work? 

I get Bo having to leave.  He gives me the creeps.

• Love 5
On 12/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Twopper said:
On 12/14/2020 at 12:29 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Okay so Uncle Beau is really Cousin Beau but then Uncle Beau referred to Mike as his nephew.  

I think it may be because there is about a 15 year age gap between the 2 of them.   My dad's oldest sister left for college a few months after he was born, and my dad married late and I was his last born so  one of my aunts was 60 the year I was born.  There is a 26 year gap between me and the oldest first cousin on that side of the family, and a 24 year gap to the next oldest.  This did make the relationship between us more like aunt/uncle and niece although I never referred to them as that.  I think Mike should have picked one relationship and stuck with it instead of throwing out this cousin/nephew combo in his second season

There was some cartoon a few years back called Uncle Grandpa.  Mike's designation of Beau as cousin/nephew makes about as much sense as Uncle Grandpa.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't know about purple roses, but purple carnations in Russia and Ukraine symbolize antipathy. 

Wow, there's really a flower you can give that denotes how much you dislike the person?

Tell me more!  😉

• Love 1