Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Shame On You

• Start Topic

These folks seemed doomed.

Rebecca, there is no need for the Zied Fan Collection. Sometimes you don't want to meet your object of adoration. The video store scene was cringey. The clerk does not care about your boyfriend. Just hand over the cash. Your friend is right to watch for red flags. You will get to know the real Zied after he steps off the plane. Your age difference isn't a huge issue in that you seem a bit more evenly matched, but it's the lifestyle and life experience that may do you in. And Zied not liking his image everywhere. Being a Zied groupie is not cool. I would assume that if the Embassy asks for the passport that they may be granting a visa, but am not sure. As long as Zied meets the requirements, he stands a good chance of coming to America.

Julia, you seem to have your wits about you. You should be seeing a bunch of red flags with Brandon and see if you can change the date on a return flight home and run! Unless Brandon grows up a bit and stands up to his parents - he can't because he probably can't afford to move out, this is what your life will be like. A domineering, controlling, sweet as pie, mother in law, being stuck on the farm, feeding the animals and putting up with an immature man. Who can't even drive himself to pick you up at the airport. Mother Brandon has no business being in her future daughter in law's life and taking her to the doctor to get birth control.  This comes across as a bit creepy and toxic. Doubt she will handle the Simple Life.

NBJ - all you want to do is show off your hot girlfriend. Don't take her to the tourist traps on the first day. Take her somewhere special, like a nice restaurant or cafe that shows off the real New Orleans. Respect that she had a 30 hour flight and that no, she doesn't want to go out. Spend a couple of quiet days with her. She seems demanding and I don't know if you will ever have enough to offer her. She may put up with you til she finds a wealthier dude. Julia complained about the small apartment, the plastic champagne glasses, etc. Get used to that. She may enjoy you being gone for 30 days at a time.

Tarik, you may want to rethink life with Hazel. If she wants to explore having a girlfriend, she can do that on her own. She's sort of marrying you but wants someone on the side. It's disrespectful to you unless you also want that. But then again, she is being honest with you. You have to decide if this is what you want. And consider your young daughter. Maybe put the brakes on Hazel and Minty and decide what you want. At this point, you are just a Green Card to her.

Natalie, flowers are always beautiful no matter what colour they are, when a man gives them to you. You do seem a bit high-maintenance for Mike. The Seattle he showed you is what you want. The reality of Sequim is not. Don't know if you will be happy in a quiet town with nothing to do and no nightlife. You would enjoy snowboarding at say Whistler for a week and not have the daily farm drudgery.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  I want to know more about his friend/tenant.  Is she single?  If so, why is chasing tail all around Thailand when she is RIGHT THERE???

Maybe it's because Tarik isn't into black women anymore.  If Tarik wasn't on the show he would have dropped Hazel and gone with Minty, but he didn't want to look like an ass on TV.

Natalie wants things to work with Mike because she's too long in the tooth to be on one of those Eastern European dating sites.

Jovi's girl Yara, is trash, put her in her big suitcase and send her back by Fedex.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

I’d enjoy a season where cast members are in actual love, know the pitfalls they’re up against and  have discussed cultural differences and potty parents with each other. (Maybe I’d be the only one watching)

Except for lovesick Rebecca, they’re all in it for the TLC money, green card and future social media exposure  ... love is waaaaay down on the agenda.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Don’t know about anyone else but New Orleans is one of the last places I ever recommend to people I know from other countries, probably because I don’t have any friends who enjoy being crowded in with people who are beyond drunk on dirty nasty streets behaving like idiots and puking on the sidewalks.

Yeah I mean I get that it is a novelty that you can walk around with your drink but there is piss, puke, and horse shit everywhere.  But there is good music and dining to be found.  Usually when I go I like to go to the Garden District or the aquarium or something a little less frat-party like.  Jovi is 30 and still likes getting trashed, most people outgrow it by then.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, magemaud said:

I believe Natasha is a “diminutive” form of Natalie or Natalya much like many Russian men named “Mikhail” are called “Mischa” informally 

That’s right. Technically there’s no “Natalie” in Russian language, it’s either Natalia or Natalya, Natasha for short.

Edited by Malvina
Spell check
  • Useful 2

Tarik and his brother were quite enjoyable on pillow talk!  Hazel is kind of loony and why he'd accept her being bi in their relationship puzzles me.

But then again he seemed to be enjoying the threesome until Hazel herself said goodbye to Minty!

There is something wrong with Natalie.  I think Mike knows what it is but enjoys the sex.

Natalie s mother is like a deer in the headlights when she's on camera with her new clothes!  She seems to not know what's happening.

Brandon's mother is in good shape being the fourth wife.  He likes them young!    Dad seems older.

They should have never allowed Julia to come and live with them in separate rooms when they knew the relationship was sexual!

God I love this show!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

Natalie looks absolutely insane to me like a cross between a clown and Satan. She could absolutely audition for horror movies. 

When I seI e Natalie, i think of this:  i6uodenwqdm31.jpg

I have no idea why my comments about Natalie got moved to the side of the picture. 

I lived in the Garden District in New Orleans for about 10 years.  I absolutely loved having visitors and showing them around.  And I would never drag someone down Bourbon Street after they had a 30 hour plane ride.   I wasn't paying attention to where he lived; I am guessing his place is in the Quarter.  Sure, they could go to Cafe du Monde for beignets, but he would probably have her get the coffee instead of the chocolate milk, and then she would be even more miserable because she couldn't sleep.   Also I liked to introduce people to the French Quarter in the daytime.    It sounded more like he couldn't wait to show  her off to his friends more than his friends demanding a command appearance.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Tarik: Hazel's just using you as a way to get to America and a find a woman to live with. Most bisexuals date one person at a time; the fact that she's already looking past you is a big red flag.

Exactly. Being bisexual doesn't mean you have to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time. Her bisexuality isn't the issue. It's whether or not he agrees to an open relationship because she has no interest in just being with him.

I got such astonishing responses for saying this on twitter, but I get where Jovi's girlfriend was coming from. I would not want to stay at his mom's house, a complete stranger, on my second day in the country. I don't care if he was stupid enough to schedule this right before he's off to work for a month. I would need some time to adjust. I would also not want to go out to party right off the bat.

I cannot tolerate Brandon and his girlfriend even a little bit. Their complete lack of understanding of birth control enrages me. According to what they said on the show, they are approaching it as if the universe understands they don't want a child right now so therefore they won't have one. That's not how the reproductive system works, you two. You can't just rely on crossing your fingers and making a wish.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, seasons said:

What happened to Mike's debt? Did i miss any mention of that recently? It was a big deal last season. Did he pay it off? How did he afford to buy all those acres of land? Family deal?

There was a voiceover when they were walking to the Seattle hotel that he had whittled the debt down significantly since his visit to Ukraine.  I would assume the land is mortgaged and he didn’t buy it outright.

• Love 2

What in the name of Xanadu was Mother Brandon wearing to the airport ? Stirrup pants tucked into sensible mid heel pumps ? I am calling it now did you see how ALL the air went dead when the dad chastised him ? Dad is the problem and moms hovering is anxiety and managing and controlling it. 

TLC gets a lot of shit about not being The Learning Channel but hey I think we have established that when people arrive from an international flight they are tired and don’t want to party! Noted! I thought we had learned to always bring airport flowers regardless of color. 

Natalie is not stable. Concerning . 

I feel bad for Tariq. I don’t think he wants to be In an open marriage and he deserves better. Is it bad I miss Dean ? 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I thought we had learned to always bring airport flowers regardless of color.

And you should buy them before arriving unless you want to pay airport markup.  Although that shop Jovi went to looked expensive as hell.

• Love 3

I think Nat is officially in panic mode... her age is understated and her desperation in overdrive..  Her relationship with her mother is the driving force in the frantic push re forming a family so it’s not just her and her mom anymore it’s all on her, she feels mike might be her last chance.  She is unbalanced and it’s scary and sad  to see.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Malvina said:

Spelled were?

In her legal documents, her name is spelled Natalha. I don't understand the question; it's flying right past me. It's late and I'm sober. Making sense of this show requires intoxication.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Christina said:

In her legal documents, her name is spelled Natalha. I don't understand the question; it's flying right past me. It's late and I'm sober. Making sense of this show requires intoxication.

That is some creative spelling 🤷‍♀️.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Zanne said:

I got such astonishing responses for saying this on twitter, but I get where Jovi's girlfriend was coming from. I would not want to stay at his mom's house, a complete stranger, on my second day in the country. I don't care if he was stupid enough to schedule this right before he's off to work for a month. I would need some time to adjust. I would also not want to go out to party right off the bat.

I am with you.  I think the bigger issue is he sprung it on her as well.  I like my own bed, in my own home, and I am married and still sleep in my own bed.  So to be jet lagged still  and then sleeping in yet another strange place?  Slow your roll, people.  Reminds me of people who move heaven and earth to see a new baby when the baby does not change much.  

9 hours ago, seasons said:

Rebecca needs SERIOUS HAIR COLOR CORRECTION. good grief.

So does Yara

15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe it's because Tarik isn't into black women anymore.  If Tarik wasn't on the show he would have dropped Hazel and gone with Minty, but he didn't want to look like an ass on TV.

Never thought about it that way but his choice of mesh shirts, regular shirts and jewelry have taken care of that for him!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 12/14/2020 at 12:29 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Okay so Uncle Beau is really Cousin Beau but then Uncle Beau referred to Mike as his nephew.   Is this 90 Day or Chinatown?

The editors threw some shade showing Tarik rap followed by his bragging about what a great rapper he is.  Um we just heard you.

Rebecca, are you 14 with the pics of Zied on any textile, screen, or hard surface?  Newsflash he’s average looking at best.

Now the kickboxing instructor, he was some eye candy.  Mercy.

When Zied was adjusting his glasses he reminded me of Coltie.

Zied looks like an axe murderer.....and when she asked the video game saleswoman, "Isn't he cute?" that lady struggled mightily to answer "uh-hmm."  LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 12/13/2020 at 11:29 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Okay so Uncle Beau is really Cousin Beau but then Uncle Beau referred to Mike as his nephew.  

I think it may be because there is about a 15 year age gap between the 2 of them.   My dad's oldest sister left for college a few months after he was born, and my dad married late and I was his last born so  one of my aunts was 60 the year I was born.  There is a 26 year gap between me and the oldest first cousin on that side of the family, and a 24 year gap to the next oldest.  This did make the relationship between us more like aunt/uncle and niece although I never referred to them as that.  I think Mike should have picked one relationship and stuck with it instead of throwing out this cousin/nephew combo in his second season. 

18 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't think I have ever owned a blanket, shirt, or mug with a boyfriend's picture on it,  and certainly not everything in my apartment. FFS Rebecca grow up already!

At least she hasn't had a mural of him painted on the bedroom wall.  So there's that in her favor.   Snort.   I think she does that, at least in part, to give the viewers something to snark about to set her apart from the rest of the couples all of whom are competing to be the "break out" stars of this season and go on to their own series ala Darcy.

Yara and Jovi---if I understood it correctly ---I  drink lots of eggnog in December while watching this mess--Jovi's mom lives in Larose which is about an hour southwest of NOLA.  He does not need to take her for an overnight.  They need to drive down in the morning and return that night so she can see the area in daylight.  I loved visiting in that area, but I am sure it will be a great culture shock to her.   The town really got slammed during one of the Greek named hurricanes this fall.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

It dawned on me that maybe Baby Boy Brandon would actually like it if his exotic girlfriend got pregnant.  He is a liar and a deceiver so he could be deceiving his beloved parents as well.  If she gets pregnant while living at their home, I can see him weeping that they can’t afford their own place while saving for the baby.  So he will continue living at home, eating his mom’s cooking, sleeping with his honey, handing over the laundry for the parents to wash.  It works for him.  Sneaky double crosser!

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

But then he can’t get shitfaced.

That’s what I was thinking. They probably plan to pretty much party. That was one of my downers about visiting New Orleans, having to be the one to drive back up to Alec after all day there. Designated driver, not so many Daiquiris and Abidas. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But then he can’t get shitfaced.

1 hour ago, ethalfrida said:

That’s what I was thinking. They probably plan to pretty much party. That was one of my downers about visiting New Orleans, having to be the one to drive back up to Alec after all day there. Designated driver, not so many Daiquiris and Abidas. 

That was the great advantage of living on St Charles.  We could just grab the street car and it let us off right in front of our place.  So if he gets drunk, they may spend the night anyway.  If I hadn't been chugging down my bourbon with eggnog I might have thought this trough a little more.  Normal people would drive down to mom's for lunch andhave a drink or two if the other person wants to make it a day trip.   Then drive around and look at all the boats.   I hope his mom's house survived the hurricane; I doubt Yara wants to go there now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think, and this may have been covered, Yara wants the elegance and styling of Beverly Hills, Bel Air or Manhattan. She appears to not think much of historical romantic culture. She had plenty of that where she came from.  

And she is right, if she doesn’t like the idea of staying the night at his mom’s then she should have that choice. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tango64 said:

If I ever bought a woman roses and she complained over and over about how she didn't like the color, that would be the last time she ever got flowers from me. 

Zero tolerance for that kind of ingratitude over a gift.

The sudden U turn I would make to go back to the airport would snap her neck.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Tango64 said:

If I ever bought a woman roses and she complained over and over about how she didn't like the color, that would be the last time she ever got flowers from me. 

Zero tolerance for that kind of ingratitude over a gift.

Natalie is such a weirdo. Bitching about the color of her roses whilst clutching them to her chest as if they were a teddy bear. Is it not rude to complain about gifts in Ukraine? I mean, he got your a nice bouquet of flowers. STFU.

Edited by TipseyGirl
spelling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Natalie is such a weirdo. Bitching about the color of her roses whilst clutching them to her chest as if they were a teddy bear. Is it not rude to complain about gifts in Ukraine? I mean, he got your a nice bouquet of flowers. STFU.

All I could think of was that maybe in Ukraine that color flower is given at funerals or something.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

All I could think of was that maybe in Ukraine that color flower is given at funerals or something.  

I don't know about purple roses, but purple carnations in Russia and Ukraine symbolize antipathy. 

• Useful 2

I may have completely misheard this (I just got a new puppy so I was rather distracted while watching) but did Brandon not say something about Julia maybe having MISCONCEPTIONS about birth control?? I don't think he saw what he did there, but I did!

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think it may be because there is about a 15 year age gap between the 2 of them.   My dad's oldest sister left for college a few months after he was born, and my dad married late and I was his last born so  one of my aunts was 60 the year I was born. 

I hear you - my dad had had a 10 and 12 year age gap between his older brothers.  They got married and had kids young, I was born when my dad was 32 (older for those days, lol) so I had cousins that I thought were aunts and uncles growing up!!  Plus it could be a term of endearment, ot call him Uncle for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Would love to see her paired with David instead of mute Lana. 

I would love that too, but I think Natalie is too much a firecracker for Dull David.

• Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 9:52 PM, MrBuhBye said:

There was a voiceover when they were walking to the Seattle hotel that he had whittled the debt down significantly since his visit to Ukraine.  I would assume the land is mortgaged and he didn’t buy it outright.

I think that's the reason he is still trying with Natalie. Money from the show will help pay off the farm.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, The Pearl said:

Zied looks like an axe murderer.....and when she asked the video game saleswoman, "Isn't he cute?" that lady struggled mightily to answer "uh-hmm."  LOL

I smell and Emmy for that sales girl!  Talk about being put on the spot. What grown woman does that, shows off her boyfriend like a teenager.

If money is so tight how does Rebecca justify spending $200+ for a gaming system for Zied then tells him she has to have her daughter as a room mate because rent is so expensive, something tells me Rebecca does not know how to budget her money.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

The K-1 screening process must not be that strict if they allow Rebecca to import two much younger men from the same region within a relatively short period of time.  And she admits that the first one was insincere, so she is not a good judge of character.  

• Love 7
On 12/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

All I know about her is that she's known him for years and referred to him as "Terry" and not "Tarik." 

Aw now, to be fair, CHOP was in Capitol Hill, and they were downtown (right near the water and ferris wheel).  I did wonder where he parked because it looked like they were dragging suitcases down a dark alley, which didn't really fit with what looked to be a pretty nice hotel.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but in the MAFS discussions, it was revealed that the exterior of the building they showed was not the building where the couples' apartments actually were. 

I saw the clock on the wall in the scene where she was wanting to go to bed and he was wanting to go out.  It was 1:00 in the morning.  Seems to me going to bed then, especially after flying a million hours, would be a much better way for her to get adjusted to the time change than hitting Bourbon Street, and time matters because they have only two weeks together before he takes off.  But what do I know?  Jovi is the world traveler, not me.

And that scene at the video store was so stupid.  I was only marginally paying attention (because it's Rebecca), and I think she first said she was getting the console for her son, but then said it was her fiance, who's about the same age as her son.  I'm sure she can't believe how people are constantly sussing out the age difference.

As someone who has worked retail (everyone should!) pretty much all clerks are , in a friendly way, "What do you want/need?"  No one wants to hear your life story.  Just recently I checked groceries at a store for extra $$ and I loved the customers who said hi and would make friendly talk, plus the repeat customers, of course, but man......the ones who came through wanting to tell me their life stories and want feedback or something.....just bag your stuff and go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

From a floral website:

• "As a way to express our most sincere love and appreciation, the appeal of the lavender rose is undeniable. They can be the perfect choice for those wishing to make an impact with a unique and extraordinary flower. With the wealth of symbolism that they possess, they can also be used to convey any number of deeply meaningful messages. Throughout the history of roses, the lavender rose has stood out as one of the most remarkable and engaging varieties available. Receiving a bouquet of lavender roses can make for an unforgettable experience."

It's really unforgettable when the recipient bitches about them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I remember how beautiful the bouquets were at the tombs and the ones being sol at the venders. Yellow flowers was used often, actually dominated. Come to find out that color is reserved for showing sadness. I think Varya expected red roses, which in Russia shows a serious meaning in regards to the relationship. Pale colors are given at the beginning of the relationship.

https://www.russiancourses.com/blog/russia-flowers/

7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Deez is zee colure of zee LAST flowers I vill effer geev you.

(Muttering to self... is last time I buy from moose and squirrel)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1