Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Oh, Christmas Tre

• Start Topic

I would love to hear from someone with a legal background, but for me reading the indictments just won't do it, and I don't think we will get much more than that. I understand what they are accused of doing.  I have read all of the details of their crimes, but what I have never read is the evidence that they have against them. For instance, some banks have used video surveillance for a long time (well, most of them have used it for a long time, but some of them keep the footage for longer than do others). Do they have footage of Teresa and Joe sitting in banks signing loan documents? Do they have video of Teresa whipping her mocked up W-2 out of her bag? It's all key because she has/and will again, act like she didn't understand what was going on. 

The fact that Teresa pled guilty was what was always expected to happen because that is what happens when the Feds get involved. There was never any chance (in my mind) that Teresa was going to go through a trial and have the actual evidence against her shown to a jury and therefore the public. If it were shown, there would be no way for her to go back later and say she really didn't do anything, but had to take a plea for her kids. The end game will always be for Teresa to be back in the land of Reality TV. What else does she have? The only way she could ever hope to get back is if folks didn't really understand exactly how big her role was in the schemes.  I don't give a rats ass what responsibility she takes in front of the judge, or how remorseful she behaves to get a lighter sentence, she will flip that around soon after. Lots of folks do. The question will be whether or not the folks that use to love her (and some that still do) will believe and forgive her.

But I think you might have skipped over the part about the crimes being detailed by the prosecutor at the sentencing. Not the crimes she's charged with, but the crimes she pled guilty to. It might not be the level of detail you're looking for, but it's still substantial, and most of all, conclusive and undisputed. And she will forever be damned by it.

OK gang, again I'm going to have to ask you all to drop the sentencing discussion. We don't know what's going to be used as evidence. We will all find out soon enough. It's off topic for this episode thread. Thanks.

• Love 4

Theresa's (the twin) son seems like a nice enough kid, and I think working in the family business is certainly a viable career path, but it appeared that he had never cooked a meal before in his life. The whole time he was in the restaurant, and Rino kept giving him the micro-managing step-by-step, I just kept wondering if it was the first time he had ever been in the kitchen. Also, while I do believe that the intent is that he will be cooking, I think it would be a good idea that he learned how to bus tables, wash dishes, and wait tables if he is going to actually run an entire restaurant himself. I realize he may have been doing all of these things since he was a kid, and we just haven't been privy to seeing/hearing about it, but I wish it had at least been mentioned. I like his aunt though; the one that kept telling Rino to back off. I applaud anyone who can take that loud mouth to task.

• Love 4

I agree. He should have been in that restaurant bussing tables as soon as he hit the teen years if the intent is for him to take over. It's obvious that he hasn't shown much interest up to this point. I wonder if he thinks this is the easy route since the old man wold practically be handing the place to him one day. 

• Love 1

I agree. He should have been in that restaurant bussing tables as soon as he hit the teen years if the intent is for him to take over. It's obvious that he hasn't shown much interest up to this point. I wonder if he thinks this is the easy route since the old man wold practically be handing the place to him one day. 

If he hasn't shown much interest maybe they should just let him pursue his own path.  It must be suffocating to not be able to make your own decisions because someone is telling you that you'll have to run the business that was their dream to open.

Amber may have been working downtown on 9/11.  The North and South towers weren't the only buildings damaged that day.  When the planes hit, the plane parts, along with parts of the buildings, went flying for blocks.  Other buildings in the World Trade Center were damaged and caught fire.  She either could have been commuting through there as the Path trains and the subways went through the bottom of the WTC or worked in the area or in the other buildings in that area.  It was pretty scary even if you weren't in the twin towers themselves.  Many people on the streets were injured when the buildings collapsed.

I think Joe Go's deer in the headlights look comes from the fact that he realizes he has no story line if he can't have a feud with his sister.

• Love 5

OMG I laughed out loud during Amber's TH where she called Mellisa " just a good person"! Jesus Crist these women have a really different definition of a good person then I do. I wanted to pull a Princess Bride on her and tell her I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Rosie is...off. There is something very wrong with her affect. It's always been there and it's not getting better. Mental illness? Addiction? General stupidness? Judging by her gene pool I could buy general stupidness. I'm sorry but the Gorga family is not made up of MENSA candidates.

• Love 5

I would love to hear from someone with a legal background, but for me reading the indictments just won't do it, and I don't think we will get much more than that. I understand what they are accused of doing.  I have read all of the details of their crimes, but what I have never read is the evidence that they have against them. For instance, some banks have used video surveillance for a long time (well, most of them have used it for a long time, but some of them keep the footage for longer than do others). Do they have footage of Teresa and Joe sitting in banks signing loan documents? Do they have video of Teresa whipping her mocked up W-2 out of her bag? It's all key because she has/and will again, act like she didn't understand what was going on. 

The fact that Teresa pled guilty was what was always expected to happen because that is what happens when the Feds get involved. There was never any chance (in my mind) that Teresa was going to go through a trial and have the actual evidence against her shown to a jury and therefore the public. If it were shown, there would be no way for her to go back later and say she really didn't do anything, but had to take a plea for her kids. The end game will always be for Teresa to be back in the land of Reality TV. What else does she have? The only way she could ever hope to get back is if folks didn't really understand exactly how big her role was in the schemes.  I don't give a rats ass what responsibility she takes in front of the judge, or how remorseful she behaves to get a lighter sentence, she will flip that around soon after. Lots of folks do. The question will be whether or not the folks that use to love her (and some that still do) will believe and forgive her. 

They don't need video tapes of Teresa signing the loans-they have her signatures on the checks she cashed from the loan proceeds.  Some of the properties were in Teresa's name alone so it is pretty hard to deny having any involvement in obtaining the loans.  It would be pretty hard to argue some unknown person acquired the loans in your name and you cashed the checks.  There is also significant evidence in the BK documents, signed under penalty of perjury, testimony given in open court of concealment on Teresa's behalf. 

For the Bravo people Teresa's conviction takes some of the shine off of her star.  If the first two episodes are any indication of her storyline, Teresa should have sat the season out while she was awaiting trial and sentencing.  We see her developing products-who is manufacturing and distributing these products?  Where can they be purchased?

In the NYPost article, Teresa has said there is another reality show out there for her.  I personally, have never thought she had star power and the biggest favor her family ever did was get cast on the show.  Without them she would have never had the ground swell of support that she picked up in Seasons 3, 4 and 5.

• Love 2

I always wonder what makes people like this think they can get away with crimes like these. Did they think they could keep up the lifestyle indefinitely and no one would catch them? What was the end game?

I always wonder what makes people like this think they can get away with crimes like these. Did they think they could keep up the lifestyle indefinitely and no one would catch them? What was the end game?

Apparently, according to the indictments, the Giudices started the fraudulent activity as far back as 2001 or 2002. Maybe you can get away with it so long as you're not audited. I really don't know. But this is what was (and is) the most brazenly stupid thing they did - they continued the fraudulent activity even after they started the show, and even worse - they flaunted their fake wealth on tv. It's like waving a huge red flag to the IRS saying "come and get us!"

• Love 2

OK gang, again I'm going to have to ask you all to drop the sentencing discussion. We don't know what's going to be used as evidence. We will all find out soon enough. It's off topic for this episode thread. Thanks.

Well back to this episode....

Melissa asking Joe to pee on the lot was supposed to be what?  Cute?  She has no clue either what her storyline is supposed to be now that she and Teresa have agreed to cool the feud.  If Melissa can't play victim, then what is her story?  

Have they broken ground on that lot facing a busy road?  Will that rendering of a home even fit on that lot?   Some of you seem to know the area, are they really building?

And why are they refrigerating garbage?  Is that really their new business?  Or is it just another fake storyline of theirs?  I have never seen an enclosed garbage truck like that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jinjer -they showed it on the First Look (how come we don't have a subforum for Jersey 's First Looks?) . It is actually not a garbage truck but a truck that shreds documents into something that looks like lint. Joe Go said he invested millions into it. If he did - he got robbed IMO. 

They also showed Theresa having a photo shoot at the house for her new line of desserts, where Miliana acting like she needed a wooden spoon to the butt.  Theresa never disciplined her once and believe me she needed to.  Miliana actually grabbed the photographer's camera and started shooting pictures while almost choking the poor guy with the strap. 

Edited by featherhead

I agree that she did not mean it in an offensive way. Honestly, I didn't even know Percocet was a pain killer, I thought it was more like an anti-anxiety medication. The only time I've really heard it was on Legally Blonde after Elle gets dumped and she's all sad and her friend says, "why don't you just take a Percocet or something." So I feel like Dina was using it in the same way and probably doesn't really know what it is either. Or if she does, she doesn't know it is serious.

I thought it was funny. Percocet isn't "serious," it's just a pain killer that gives you a little euphoria due to it being an opiate. Just makes everything feel ok, much like a shot of whiskey. As long as she isn't abusing it. And I really think she meant it as a joke.

I started off season 1 hating Teresa and her bullshit lifestyle, which I was sure was built on lies. I guess I was right. Hoping she does time.

Really sick of Melissa and her frontin as well. I'm waiting for the day Joe admits defeat and tells her that they have to (gasp!) live in the "small, disgusting" house for good. I don't think in all my years watching the housewives I have ever heard such a sick, sad statement from a child. And that is saying something.

• Love 3
(edited)

Actually Percocet is serious, because it's an....opiate. All opiates are now much harder to get except in Florida and a few other states because of addiction. Even Tramadol is becoming a Schedule 4 drug on August 18th. So it was a stupid joke if she was joking.

The FDA/DEA aren't kidding around with narcotics.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2

Actually Percocet is serious, because it's an....opiate. All opiates are now much harder to get except in Florida and a few other states because of addiction. Even Tramadol is becoming a Schedule 4 drug on August 18th. So it was a stupid joke if she was joking.

The FDA/DEA aren't kidding around with narcotics.

May be a stupid joke, but just a joke. Who cares? Most painkillers are opiates. Percocet is given out all the time for mild pain relief.

In the end, like Higgins says, it's a joke and it harms no one. No reason to get all worked up.

• Love 2

Put me in the camp that thinks Dina's Percocet jike was no big deal. It's no different than someone making a joke and saying "I need a Valium" or 'I need a Xanax", something people say in jest all the time. She may have even meant that but got the drug names mixed up and said Percocet.

I recently had surgery and the doctor gave me a script with refills for a strong opiate without a second thought. I think the DEA is cracking down on people who have no legit need, like they should have been healed from their surgery a while back or they are not a chronic pain patient.

• Love 3

Dina commented that she's never had a happy Christmas, or something like that. That's pretty sad, and what makes it even sadder is that she has a child. No happy Christmas with her child?

I'm not liking Dina.

• Love 4

Dina commented that she's never had a happy Christmas, or something like that. That's pretty sad, and what makes it even sadder is that she has a child. No happy Christmas with her child?

I'm not liking Dina.

It was posted earlier that she said she was talking about Valentine's Day and Christmas was edited in.

You are not alone, I prefer the Waklie's, or even the Laurita's and Manzo's to these new additions.  Those twins especially.  Gah, I just can't.

I laughed, because it seemed like a perfect compliment to that tacky pink princess painted wine goblet that she was drinking out of the whole episode, I'm surprised she didn't love it!  Perhaps if it had been bedazzled in Swarovski crystal she would be more excited.  

I saw those wine glasses at my local Hallmark store a few seasons ago.  Uggh, and I think they were over $20 each.  Doggy as hell too.

If the kids will be taken care of by the maternal grandparents, they might turn out as messed up as Theresa is.  I'm betting that the reason she acts so entitled is because she was just as much a spoiled little brat as her kids are.  Joe Gorga is no prize either.  I'm not one to think that parents are 100 percent responsible for how their kids turn out, but they have the majority of input in that area.  Those kids may be doomed no matter what family member takes them just from their exposure on the show.  Their parents can call it "college" or "camp" all they want.  Someone at school is going to ask them how their parents like it in "jail".  I really feel for them.

Agreed.  Referring to prison as "college" or "camp" irritates the hell out of me for some reason.  Its stupid.  Why lie to the kids about it, especially Gia?  99.9% of the population calls jail "jail" and prison "prison".  So stupid are these people.

These people are so diluted, it's sickening. I consider Melissa and Joe to be one of the "better" families on this show -- a bit more down to earth, they seem old school and like they discipline their kids somewhat. (Though Kathy and Rich seemed the most down to earth to me.) And yet you've got Antonia saying she doesn't like the gross, disgusting house they're in. That house looked to me to be a 4-5 bedroom Mcmansion, so she's not exactly living in a studio apartment with 5 family members. The kids pick up the parents' attitude as you later have Joe saying that that house isn't what Melissa is accustomed to -- i.e. too small for her. These people (Joe and Melissa; Jacqueline and Chris; Joe and Teresa) have gotten used to living SO large while running "businesses" that are fine but not exactly empires like Microsoft that if/when things go south and they have to downsize, they won't be able to cope -- I mean if they can't handle a 5 bedroom McMansion, can you imagine coping with a 3 bedroom home built in the 80s?

Finally a christmas gift that makes sense! 

With those "easy bake" ovens the Giudice sisters can bake a "cake with a nail file in it" for those crooked buffoons they call parents.

Edited by mayboo79
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/27/2014 at 11:23 AM, featherhead said:

Jinjer -they showed it on the First Look (how come we don't have a subforum for Jersey 's First Looks?) . It is actually not a garbage truck but a truck that shreds documents into something that looks like lint. Joe Go said he invested millions into it. If he did - he got robbed IMO. 

They also showed Theresa having a photo shoot at the house for her new line of desserts, where Miliana acting like she needed a wooden spoon to the butt.  Theresa never disciplined her once and believe me she needed to.  Miliana actually grabbed the photographer's camera and started shooting pictures while almost choking the poor guy with the strap. 

The photoshoot is on youtube.

I wonder if Teresa let stuff slide because she thought it made for good TV or she got tired of having to get on to Milania all day? I felt bad for that poor photographer, but I couldn't help but be amused at the same time. Despite the mistakes they've made, I think Teresa and Joe love their kids, and they all seem to be well-mannered young ladies now.  Milania has made fun of her younger self, and Gabriella graduated high school with honors last year. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3