Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Oh, Christmas Tre

• Start Topic

I wouldn't bet money, but I'm pretty sure Amber said last week that she said that she worked in one of the buildings but planned to go in late or not at all that day.

Did anyone think it was weird to see so many fake trees? How can you have children and have a fake tree? That's awful!

I, too, wouldn't be surprised if Teresa G. got house arrest or something like that because of their children and because she was likely more signing whatever Joe asked without questioning him. I also don't think their Xmas was too over the top. From what we saw, they seemed to get normal gifts and probably most of them were clothes. An easy bake oven will hardly break the bank. This will likely be the last holiday for a while with all 6 of them at home, so the children deserve to celebrate as "normal."

• Love 5

Seeing Kathy and Rosie in this episode reminds me that I do not miss them.

Just saw Kathy on WWHL-- I gasped when she stood up. She has gained a lot of weight.

Oh goodness, Kathy.  I forgot about Kathy.  When she walked in to the Christmas dinner, you could tell how big she has gotten, I said an out loud "wow".  Then, her TH!  What the hell has she done to her face!!  I don't have anything against Kathy or Richie, but damn, Kathy really has gone off the deep end it seems.  It seems so long ago that she was riding her bike to the market and running a 5k.  I guess she couldn't keep up with the exercise when recovering from her nose job/lip injections/whatever the hell else she has done to her face.  Poor thing, she was so much prettier a few years ago.

Which reminds me, Teresa is such a bitch with that damn desert line, after the shit she pulled with Kathy about no one wanting a desert cookbook or wanting to eat desert because they are watching calories.  Teresa has to have everything and be the center of everything.  Ugh.

• Love 5
However, I think if you don't like her then  you tend to look for stuff to take umbrage to.

Meh. I don't actually actively dislike Dina. Sometimes she really grates, but there are times when she has made me laugh as well. I just found that an odd comment to make. I didn't really get what she was trying to say. If it was like needing a stiff drink, I could see her mentioning Xanax instead of a pain medication, but whatever. I would not have cared for that joke no matter who said it. 

Did anyone think it was weird to see so many fake trees? How can you have children and have a fake tree? That's awful!

I actually have a fake tree because I have kids. When I had my oldest and realized how much random crap they put in their mouth, I didn't want a tree that shed needles on the floor. We might get a real one at some point in the future when they're older, but we love our fake tree. We've had it for several years and our box looks about as busted as the Gorga's, so it made me laugh when Joe was dragging it up the stairs. That was maybe the ONE relatable moment for me. 

• Love 4

I know there is some supposition that Tre and Joe are laying it on thick to get sympathy to reduce their sentences. But they filmed this season probably thinking it was going to air way after their scheduled trial/court day and probable sentencing. So it would be sympathy only in the public eye and would not impact their sentencing.  This latest delay was announced before Joe's died because Teresa had announced they would be at the premier party just before the father passed away.  And really all of her dumb statements would only serve to annoy the judge/us attorney anyway.  

I think they truly believe everything they are saying.  That "lots" of people were doing it and that they only got caught because they are in the public eye.  I think Joe is resigned to the fact that he is going away, to camp, or whatever.  It is what it is to him.

I think we are going to see a lot of Bravo highlighting him drinking.  His eyes are going to get puffier and puffier and he is going to get more bloated looking.  And I think he was right last night when he said that Teresa is strong to just keep on working and bringing in money by doing the show and making her appearances and hustling for endorsements because a lot of people would sit home and cry or yell and scream.  Her denial is an asset to them right now.

Their Christmas was a lot less extravagant than in the past.  It looks like she went to Toys R Us instead of the Apple Store.  Sure the dog probably cost $1000, but at least it wasn't 4 iPhones and a Mercedes ride on car.  Easy Bake ovens and Fur-Real pets run way under $200.  She may have tweeted the name of the breeder and gotten a discount - it's the HW way.  "Promotional Consideration."  

• Love 2

Speaking of shame, on to the Guidice's over the top XMAS.  Again with these people?  Wasn't it just a season or 2 ago when Tre said they were "scaling down" XMAS due to over excess?  (You know the XMAS where Teresa wanted diamonds, Joe gave her a coat, and he was too hung over to participate in XMAS and watch the girls open presents.  He just laid on the couch).  SMDH and a sick feeling in my stomach as I'm wondering why the G's are spending so much money when they're being indicted for fraud as they stole multi millions from others to fund their fakely lavish lifestyle (sigh).  I shouldn't say I felt sick inside - profoundly angry sums it up about right.

I am sick of the Guidice's "poor us" attitude regarding their legal battles.  As if their "misfortune(s)" just dropped from the sky and randomly fell upon them.  Hey, note to Tre and Joe - you steal, you get caught, you pay.  That's how it works and hopefully they will both see jail time, pay full restitution, and not be able to plea out.  Teresa on house arrest or getting all her charged dropped, or just winding up with probation?  Now that would be a crime.  For XMAS I wish T & J would admit the truth to their children about what they did wrong and why the Feds are coming after them instead of spinning the "We are innocent and don't know why we are being picked on" fairytale to their children.  It is a colossal insult to the rest of us.  The only thing that melts my cold heart when viewing these insufferable, self entitled asshats is seeing Gia cry and how much pain this child is in.  I basically cannot with this. 

How damaging would it be to tell your children that you are being railroaded by the justice system. For them to think that the authorities go around destroying total innocent people's lives wrongly accusing them of very serious crimes all the time. I think that would terrify them. Talk about not feeling safe. Although I suspect Gia is smarter than believing that.

• Love 8

I'm assuming (hoping) that those Christmas morning scenes were recreated or filmed earlier.  I would feel very sorry if the crew members had to miss Christmas with their own families to film these women!  I bet Tre's real Christmas was when the big ticket items came out. 

• Love 6

I know there is some supposition that Tre and Joe are laying it on thick to get sympathy to reduce their sentences. But they filmed this season probably thinking it was going to air way after their scheduled trial/court day and probable sentencing. So it would be sympathy only in the public eye and would not impact their sentencing.  This latest delay was announced before Joe's died because Teresa had announced they would be at the premier party just before the father passed away.  And really all of her dumb statements would only serve to annoy the judge/us attorney anyway.  

When they were filming this season, or at least the part we've been watching, they had yet to even accept the plea and had already experienced one delay, so I don't think they had any idea or inclination of when they would be sentenced and when the show would be airing.  All they knew is that the footage would air at some point, so they were IMO covering their bases.  Also, I am not sure they are actually trying to mitigate their sentences (although I do believe they have this in mind when they are laying on the "who is going to take care of our daughters?") as much as they are trying to preserve Teresa's image and her earning potential. 

• Love 4
(edited)

How damaging would it be to tell your children that you are being railroaded by the justice system. For them to think that the authorities go around destroying total innocent people's lives wrongly accusing them of very serious crimes all the time. I think that would terrify them. Talk about not feeling safe. Although I suspect Gia is smarter than believing that.

Agree one thousand percent with your post.  Gia has read all the internet has to offer regarding her parents indictments.  She is old enough and aware of what's going on.  Know that.  Getting the trial postponed must be a double-edged sword.  On one hand serving possible jail time is put on the back burner for the time being but on the other - oh, the waiting! and just feeling you're in a state of anxious limbo ... THAT would kill me.  The sleepless nights wondering was what going to happen to me.  I'd just rather get on with it, serve that jail time sooner than later a la Martha Stewart and write that tell-all book.  Cause you KNOW that's what the Guidices are going to do.  Big book deal and talk show circuit after the fact.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hmm....  we had a fake tree every year when I grew up, and somehow I escaped into adulthood untraumatized!   

So no, I don't think it's weird at all. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 13

I was pretty bored last night.  I was pretty close to fast forwarding through Amber's and the twins' scenes.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Jaqueline, Caroline, or Kathy, but there is nothing about the new women that draws me in.  Not even in a "they're so horrible, but I can't help but watch" kind of way.  Hopefully, I'll find them more interesting as the season progresses.  That said, I didn't find Teresa's, Dina's, or Melissa's scenes exciting either.  Lackluster start to a season IMO.

• Love 1

I also sometimes get a kick out of Dina.   I follow her on Twitter and she tweeted that she actually made the comment about "never having a good one" about Valentine's day but it was edited to make it seem like she was talking about Christmas.  

Not sure who to believe.  If that is spin, then the woman is an adept liar.

The Gorgas are so fake. When they pulled up to their new lot (loved how I could see the highway and the neighbors house looked very close) in a Bentley. I yelled lease at the TV.

I wonder if Bravo leases these expensive cars for the cast during filming or if a local dealership lets them use the cars for free for promotional purposes. Aside from the Gorgas and Guidices and their expensive cars I remember last year Richie was driving a white Bentley and a few seasons ago Al and the wothless spawn had Caro meet them at a dealership where Al supposedly surprised Caro with a very pricey luxury car as a gift for her birthday. Even a lease on a Bentley would be outrageously expensive.

Oh goodness, Kathy.  I forgot about Kathy.  When she walked in to the Christmas dinner, you could tell how big she has gotten, I said an out loud "wow".  Then, her TH!  What the hell has she done to her face!!

I watched Kathy on WWHL. A caller commented that her face looked different and asked her what new procedures she's had. Kathy said none, that she had just put on a few pounds. I didn't notice how big she was at the Xmas dinner but on WWHL I definitely noticed. Andy had her and Rosie stand up and walk for one of his stupid games and OMG she was huge! Rosie had lost weight and to me it looked like Kathy is now bigger than Rosie.

The fake trees didn't bother me. Personally, if I lived in a place where real trees didn't cost an arm and a leg, I have a real one. But people have fake trees because they don't want the mess, or have allergies or view them as a fire hazard, which I can understand. 

I also didn't get too upset with Tre/Joe telling the kids about him being sentenced. Do you really think that most people who are facing prison would film a scene where they admit they did wrong? I mean really. 

I also didn't get too upset with Dina's percocet comment. I also took it like she needs a stiff drink. I'll jump on her about wearing ridiculous hats, but not about that. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved JoeGo's solution to the tree being too tall to fit in the "ugly disgusting" rental, when he put the poinsetta on the top because the top section of tree wouldn't fit and Mel was bitching.

Edited by happykitteh

I watched Kathy on WWHL. A caller commented that her face looked different and asked her what new procedures she's had. Kathy said none, that she had just put on a few pounds.

Yeah, I call bullshit on this, because you don't get those lips from putting on a few pounds.  It looked to me like she went to the same plastic surgeon who ruined Jessica Simpson's lips because they had that same rectangle trout pout look.  I know she got the nose job before the last season reunion, I think she had also had her lips done then, too?  I remember Andy saying something to her about not doing anything else or letting it get too far out of control.  Maybe she was commenting that she hasn't had anything "new" since the last time she had work done.

I was surprised at how normal the twins' parents' house was! Refreshing.

I am trying to understand how these new women have all their money. Did I miss something?

I know the Giudices' have theirs through fraud, various promotions, books, personal appearances, and her Bravo contract. I read somewhere that she is getting $700,000 this year??

The Gorgas' I still have no idea.

I've never understood how the Brownstone could make that many people "wealthy"; all the Manzos including Dina and her husband are supported by it.

And now I don't get how Rino's restaurant makes that much money.

I spend most of my time watching these shows trying to figure out where all their money is coming from.

• Love 9

I wonder too. Especially on this franchise. These people are basically morons but somehow they are financial geniuses? I live in DC metro and it is very expensive to live here but, I think that part of Jersey is more expensive than DC and we make a good income but still struggle to save anything. Grocery prices and gas prices are through the roof yet somehow these assholes can drive Bentleys? I think they are all crooked.

• Love 8
 I wonder if Bravo leases these expensive cars for the cast during filming or if a local dealership lets them use the cars for free for promotional purposes.

I doubt it. Why would Bravo spend the money when these famewhores will lease the cars themselves in an effort to look richer? Maybe Joe Go does well in what ever the hell he does, but when you are talking Bentley, that's about 200k to purchase or 3K a month to lease. Even with the Bravo money, a Bentley is what the folks making millions and millions make, not someone who can't pay the mortgage on their house without a tenant. Bentleys are for those that own many houses that sit empty most of the time. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't bet money, but I'm pretty sure Amber said last week that she said that she worked in one of the buildings but planned to go in late or not at all that day.

I, too, wouldn't be surprised if Teresa G. got house arrest or something like that because of their children and because she was likely more signing whatever Joe asked without questioning him. I also don't think their Xmas was too over the top. From what we saw, they seemed to get normal gifts and probably most of them were clothes. An easy bake oven will hardly break the bank. This will likely be the last holiday for a while with all 6 of them at home, so the children deserve to celebrate as "normal."

I get the strong feeling that what the kids opened was a pre cursor to the BIG, lavish celebration that was to be had after the cameras exited stage left. 

Also, upthread someone mentioned, quelle nightmare!, fake XMAS trees.  When I was a kid we switched on/off with fake, real trees but back then real trees were cheap.  Last year we got a real tree - $70 (and I got the cheapest in my town, damnit).  After 2-3 days the tree didn't smell anymore and 8 mos. later I am still picking up the stray needle or two ...  Next season definately hauling out the fake tree.  I'd rather spend the $70 on extra toys, clothing under the tree.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 5
I was surprised at how normal the twins' parents' house was! Refreshing.

I am trying to understand how these new women have all their money. Did I miss something?

I know the Giudices' have theirs through fraud, various promotions, books, personal appearances, and her Bravo contract. I read somewhere that she is getting $700,000 this year??

The Gorgas' I still have no idea.

I've never understood how the Brownstone could make that many people "wealthy"; all the Manzos including Dina and her husband are supported by it.

And now I don't get how Rino's restaurant makes that much money.

I spend most of my time watching these shows trying to figure out where all their money is coming from.

The Brownstone is a very successful catering location and there is a lot of profit in that kind of business if run well and I do believe Al and Tommy worked like dogs to make it successful. As I recall, they didn't move into the big house until a relatively short period of time before the show and they lived in a very modest home for most of their marriage. At this point, they are making a lot of money from other stuff besides the Brownstone.

I don't think there is a disconnect so far between Rino's income from the restaurant and their lifestyle - even without any Bravo salary. They own two fairly successful restaurants in NY. And obviously, being on the show is excellent promotion for the two owned as well as the one they are planning on opening. 

I have no idea how the Gorga's support themselves aside from the salary from the show and the money they make from appearances which are pretty lucrative. If Apollo Nide can get $5000 or $10,000 for showing up to some obscure club, I would imagine that Melissa and Joe Gorga get at least that for their appearances. 

I think the Gorga's - like the Giduices - are fiscal idiots who spend all of their money on flash consumer consumable items to impress people and really are essentially one paycheck away from insolvency. Most people who make a high income would be looking towards the future - i.e. retirement, children's educational expenses; investments.

Just because one has the money to spend $3000 on a car lease doesn't mean it's a prudent financial decision. It's the difference between someone being wealthy - i.e. having a lot of assets and not being dependent on income coming in to support a lifestyle and people who have a relatively high income and no assets. The Gorga's have NO ASSETS but a temporary large income stream which they are spending. 

• Love 5

I have to wonder about the coming attractions scene with Melissa and Joey, he points to a blue refrigerator truck and says all their money is invested in that and Melissa says that they are now in the trash business...they bought a refrigerator truck to haul trash? How does that work, who's trash are they hauling anyway?  I thought he was in construction?

Am I alone in waiting with baited breath for Melissa's next single to drop? LOL.  What is she doing without a sound studio in her basement of the rental, I guess her passion fizzled out, huh? 

• Love 2
Am I alone in waiting with baited breath for Melissa's next single to drop? LOL.  What is she doing without a sound studio in her basement of the rental, I guess her passion fizzled out, huh?

They have been silent about her singing career. I remember a couple of seasons ago they were ready to move to LA so Melissa could be J-Lo 2.0. 

They have also been silent about Melissa's literary venture. My understanding is that the book got terrible reviews and most copies sit in the bargain bin at WalMart. My guess is that she won't be getting another book deal anytime soon. Again, silence from the Gorgas. 

I suspect that Melissa has now decided is that home and family are her passion, or maybe garbage. 

• Love 10

Melissa and Joe are moving into the previous home.   Sale fell through (the tenants have been given an additional 17days to vacate) and they cannot rent and keep the previous mansion and build the new mansion. Once the new mansion is complete they will decide which one to sell.   I am guessing both. I wonder what this does for the kids' schools?  Convenient for Teresa if she gets sent to the pokey-her kids can move into the mansion with their cousins.  I would have some respect for Melissa if they bought or built a house half the size and socked some money away.  I believe they have some commercial rental properties-unless of course Joey mortgaged them to go into the trash business.

Guess I'm alone but I'd much rather watch the Wakiles than the new, bald pencil dick looking new husband. Plus, all the pontificating from the twins father is already on my nerves. Might have to sit out this season. Hope the puppy finds a good home when she is inevitably kicked to the curb.

• Love 4

We also have children and (gasp!) a fake tree.  Real trees are expensive and messy as hell.  We've got 4 cats who would make it their personal goal to make sure any real tree is destroyed within days of going up, with all the needles puked up in various corners of the house.  No thanks.  Plus, a very nice fake tree will pay for itself in 3 Christmases.  It's a no brainer for us.

I didn't even notice the Gorgas were driving a Bentley.  That's absurd.  No one is buying that they can actually afford a car like that.  I was thinking of Chateau Sheree during that entire scene outside their "new" home.  Delusional, the both of them.  I seriously cannot comprehend how you can be earning a substantial amount of income, know that it's temporary, yet make no attempts whatsoever to invest it wisely or put any of it away for your three children.  My mind boggles.

• Love 4

Joe Go is coming off grumpier than past seasons. Since insulting poor Teresa is wrong, I wonder if his storyline will be to go after Melissa and make us think their marriage is in trouble. Yawn. Maybe it's just living in the small home and he's been subjected to seeing Melissa on the crapper. Didn't she say in her book that she never takes a dump in front of her king?

Giving a puppy to most people at Christmas isn't a great idea. The poor puppy needs dedicated time, not fighting for attention with tons of toys. Maybe Dina or Fran will end up rescuing the poor pup after Milania accidentally drops him on those marble floors.

The food porn is good on this show. After watching Kristin on RHONY try to wash lettuce and Adrienne Maloof soap up a chicken, I do appreciate the cooks on this show.

• Love 6

Hmm....  we had a fake tree every year when I grew up, and somehow I escaped into adulthood untraumatized!   

So no, I don't think it's weird at all.

We had fake trees too until we moved out of an urban city and into the suburbs. I didn't know that people got real trees on the regular until then. It always seemed so out of reach due to the cost and the need to transport them. Seeing the families pull out fake trees actually made me like them just a little bit more because it's relatable (to me).

Did that one twin's boyfriend really only give her that dumbass wine bottle holder? That had to have been just for show. Surely he can do better than a gawdy, fake shoe he got at the corner drugstore.

(edited)

I've never understood how the Brownstone could make that many people "wealthy"; all the Manzos including Dina and her husband are supported by it.

I do. I know a family who owns a long time Long Island catering hall. Well, the person I know is the kid of one of the owners and her aunt/uncle are owners as well. They live very comfortably. The Brownstone has been around for decades and at least Al and Caroline seem to live well within their means, I don't know yet about Tommy and Dina. Heck compared to the Gorgas and Giudices with their insane form of living they can't afford the Manzo's could be considered comparatively cheap! There is a lot of money to be mad in a successful NY/NJ hall, a lot.

I really want to know for a solid fact what Amber's 9/11 connection is. Maybe I'm going to hell for this but now I'm half expecting her to come up with something new she's survived every week or end up in a "Survivor-off" like in that (awesome) episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in which the Holocaust Survivor gets into the fight with an ex castoff from the show Survivor. Only no one will be in on the absurdity in Ambers. 

I love a real tree but had a fake one for years, because as much as I loved my childhood dog, she wasn't exactly the brightest crayon and few weeks out of the year wasn't worth the hassle but I'm sure these people just don't want to deal with the falling pines and upkeep a real tree needs. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I'm glad to see that others are disturbed by Dina's "Namaste, B******." There is spiritual significance to this word, so why not bark up with, "Assaalamu Aliekum, MF'ers!" or "God bless you, A**holes!"? Classless imbecile. Additionally, it just seems so lame. 

• Love 20

I'm glad to see that others are disturbed by Dina's "Namaste, B******." There is spiritual significance to this word, so why not bark up with, "Assaalamu Aliekum, MF'ers!" or "God bless you, A**holes!"? Classless imbecile. Additionally, it just seems so lame. 

I cannot tell a lie.  This cracked me the hell up (your post, not Dina's stupid tagline!)

• Love 4
(edited)

I did laugh when Dina had her tree outside.  My basset hound attacks our tree year after year (the ornaments are "toys," didn't you know?).  He also likes to eat the tinsel, which made for some very surprising discoveries on the lawn.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 3

I also don't think the Giudice Christmas morning scene was anything but a pre-Christmas "Hey, girls, let's pretend  it's Christmas for the cameras!"  The presents probably came from grandparents/relatives, not Santa.  The adults could fake/re-create a Christmas day scene, but you can't really expect kids to pull that off, so grab them each 3 presents and film it.  Voila!  Christmas footage, and no overtime for the production staff!

That Rino guy makes Rich Wakile look sophisticated.  Did he really tell his teenage son that that food dish was like a woman and the smell comes from underneath?  Or the bottom, or whatever disgusting thing?  

• Love 6

Guess I'm alone but I'd much rather watch the Wakiles than the new, bald pencil dick looking new husband. Plus, all the pontificating from the twins father is already on my nerves. Might have to sit out this season. Hope the puppy finds a good home when she is inevitably kicked to the curb.

You are not alone, I prefer the Waklie's, or even the Laurita's and Manzo's to these new additions.  Those twins especially.  Gah, I just can't.

Did that one twin's boyfriend really only give her that dumbass wine bottle holder? That had to have been just for show. Surely he can do better than a gawdy, fake shoe he got at the corner drugstore.

I laughed, because it seemed like a perfect compliment to that tacky pink princess painted wine goblet that she was drinking out of the whole episode, I'm surprised she didn't love it!  Perhaps if it had been bedazzled in Swarovski crystal she would be more excited.  

• Love 2

I always just figure they take out loans on the houses and cars and have lots of credit card debt. I don't think half the shit we see was bought with legitimate money. 

• Love 2

Another fake tree fan and mother to three! I have actually ONLY had fake trees, even as a kid. My husband has had both and prefers the fake one - says he worries about fires and the mess with a real one.

I was surprised by what a crappy lot the Gorgas picked for their new, not disgusting and small house. It seemed to be on a very short cul-de-sac right off a very busy road and it does not look like they would have much space, either, and would be right on top of neighbors.

Finally, WTF with Joe and Teresa not being able to say the word prison or jail? I cannot wrap my mind around people who have the mindset to end up there because of their crimes but they're too sensitive to say the words? Are these morons seriously going to refer to Joe's time in the pokey as "college" or a "vacation?"

• Love 2

My guess is that Kathy has always had to work really hard to keep her weight down, ESPECIALLY considering all the baking and cooking she does, and once she knew she wasn't going to be one of the official housewives anymore, she relaxed and ate more than she had been, and it got out of control. 

The twins are icky.  Amber is icky.  I'm not sure if I find them ickier than the other icky women because I am used to the others by now, but ew.  Nothing cute or amusing about any of them.

I'm one of the few who is really glad Dina is back.  Her tagline blows, but I've always enjoyed seeing her and find her entertaining.  I love her accent, somehow it is so natural and less obnoxious than the others.  I think she's gorgeous, and while her decorating style definitely involves too much "stuff" for my taste, I do love the way she puts things together, whether it's a room or her outfit.

I feel zero sympathy for Teresa and Joe.  I can't muster up one ounce of pity for either of them.  And the money they stole has been used to spoil their daughters so badly that all of them except for Gia seem to be rotten, entitled monsters.  Maybe being taken care of by someone else while Mommy and Daddy are "away at college" (how effing stupid is this crap about making up happy things to call incarceration??) would be good for them in the long run.  Living a real life with normal people in a normal home, and by that I mean family members who are not on a TV show, can't hurt them any worse than living with their idiotic parents already has.

• Love 4
I, too, wouldn't be surprised if Teresa G. got house arrest or something like that because of their children and because she was likely more signing whatever Joe asked without questioning him.

The notion that Teresa signed anything unknowingly went out the window when she pled guilty to Count 1. And, Teresa's being a mother won't mean shit when it comes to whether or not she's given prison time. Not having a previous record will hold more weight than how many brats she's squeezed out.

I actually agree with Teresa that she's not in denial - she's just frontin' like she always has. The Giudices have been literal partners in crime since before Gia was born, so they're both fully aware of when and how they've broken the law, and the consequences that come with that. If anything, it's for certain that their lawyers have succinctly laid it all out for them.

So much for Teresa being strong. She's a coward, putting her children in front of the cameras for sympathy while she flakes on her WWHL appearance.

Why should I give two shits that Dina is going through a divorce, when she's never shown any of her marriage? Besides, how is she separated if she's still living with her husband and fucking him? Just call it what it is - an open marriage.

Dina has always come off as semi-sedated to me, so I just assumed she liked her pills on the regular. Also, a big damn eyeroll at her using her shoe closet as a backdrop for her THs. (Though, it probably is the least atrociously decorated part of that house).

It felt like JoeGo was on the verge of tears when he interacted with his sister and Juicy.

I really enjoyed the TwinFamily scenes. Santa and Sal are a hoot!

• Love 1

I guess it amused me a little that Joe basically thanked Teresa for being able to keep on acting like everything is fine instead of breaking down crying every day like other women would do, making him feel bad when he comes home.  Oh, you mean normal women with properly functioning brain cells and emotions?  One of Teresa's biggest flaws has always been that no matter what she does or says, no matter how wrong any of it is, she can not and will not admit that SHE messed up. It has been the thing about her that bugged me the most, her ability to just smile and say, "I'M DOING FABULOUS! HATERS GONNA HATE! THEY'RE JUST JEALOUS!", even when her brother and one of her closest friends said they wanted nothing more to do with her.  But in this particular situation I guess this flaw has turned out to be her gift.  How nice it must be to be able to wear that mask of happiness all day and only cry privately at night.  I would be in such deep despair that I would likely be weeping on and off throughout every day, which Joe would not like at all.  They definitely married the right people for each other.

• Love 6
(edited)

I wonder if Bravo leases these expensive cars for the cast during filming or if a local dealership lets them use the cars for free for promotional purposes. Aside from the Gorgas and Guidices and their expensive cars I remember last year Richie was driving a white Bentley and a few seasons ago Al and the wothless spawn had Caro meet them at a dealership where Al supposedly surprised Caro with a very pricey luxury car as a gift for her birthday. Even a lease on a Bentley would be outrageously expensive.

Agree on the promotional purposes. A couple of seasons in a row they were all driving either white Range Rovers or white Mercedes SUV's.

I'm one of the few who is really glad Dina is back.  Her tagline blows, but I've always enjoyed seeing her and find her entertaining.  I love her accent, somehow it is so natural and less obnoxious than the others.  I think she's gorgeous, and while her decorating style definitely involves too much "stuff" for my taste, I do love the way she puts things together, whether it's a room or her outfit.

She is gorgeous. Gotta admit those Laurita's all have beautiful light blue eyes. At least the ones we have seen. Caro, Chris, Dina, gay brother, and the weird sister that collects farm animals and kept them in Caro's manse when she was staying there. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 2

Amber is so full of shit she uses Charmin to clean out her ears instead of a Q-tip.  So I want confirmation that she actually worked for a firm and worked out their Twin Towers offices.  Simply because after hearing she discovered, battled and fought Cancer all on her own and made it hers, I'm baffled we haven't heard how she struggled down the stairs with three wounded firefighters on her back even though she was home when it happened.  Maybe she did indeed put in 40 hours a week from a view at World Trade Center 1 or 2.  Or maybe she worked for a company that had her go into one of the Towers once a month.  Or a year.  Or even never but with a hypothetical potential.  With Amber I'm thinking, what for her in terms of being the star of any great tragedy is reticence marks a stretching of truth even she recognizes but can't help to try and slide past viewers. 

I always loathed Teresa the most.  And still do.  But it cracks me up with derisive glee that Melissa, even seeing what lies brought her nemesis/sister-in-law, can't simply fess up that the house they were in between taxes and mortgage was likely taking just too big of a chunk out of whatever the Gorgas were living on.  And instead of having the bank step in they sold it for what they could and walked away with some cash in their pockets I suspect.  Now they are leasing something I suspect the BRAVO paycheck and location fees provide and a lot that looks like the wetlands leftover of a housing development the two can spin on the show as being "developed".

Bless Dina.  Something that stupid with that schnoz and a weave (or her own hair fried to death either way she looks like she did her hair in a pannini maker) can make two half-ass cable networks give her a show.  Now that's America. 

• Love 3

Table for two!

• Love 2

Bless Dina.  Something that stupid with that schnoz and a weave (or her own hair fried to death either way she looks like she did her hair in a pannini maker) can make two half-ass cable networks give her a show.  Now that's America

Because they usually only put people of supermodel caliber on reality shows?

Some people at A&E, Discovery, and the History channel are gonna be pretty surprised to hear this. 

• Love 3

The scene with Lexi and college was weird.  Dina told Lexi to make her big announcement, which was she'd gotten accepted to Southern Virginia University.  My reaction was, "Where?"  And apparently so was Dina's sister's (I don't remember exactly what she said), but she added that her reaction was because she doesn't know much about college.  I think she was covering because really, how much does someone have to know about college in general to know the appropriate reaction to "I got accepted to X" is, "Congratulations!"  No, I think she also thought, "Where??"

And then Lexi talked about NYU.

For one, I don't think those two schools are comparable.  So I looked up SVU and it's a Mormon school. I'm all for being open to different choices, but to be seriously considering either a Mormon school in a town of about 6,000 people in rural Virginia or NYU seems crazy.

For another, she said she was looking into NYU because she can design her own major.  SVU offers 13 majors.  That's all.  Either she wants to be able to design her own major at NYU, or she'll just pick from among the 13 offered at SVU.

It just didn't make any sense.  Then again, should I expect college discussions to be any less scripted and unbelievable than anything else on the show?  Remember, we have Joe Gui referring to his possible prison term as "going to college." 

My guess is that Kathy has always had to work really hard to keep her weight down, ESPECIALLY considering all the baking and cooking she does, and once she knew she wasn't going to be one of the official housewives anymore, she relaxed and ate more than she had been, and it got out of control.

Or maybe Richie said he doesn't get turned on by fat women.

• Love 6

Because they usually only put people of supermodel caliber on reality shows?

Some people at A&E, Discovery, and the History channel are gonna be pretty surprised to hear this. 

Plus they will be shocked to find my simple subjective take on an individual as being charm free, relatively stupid and not really visually pleasing to make up for the l other two flaws as a complete denunciation of everyone everywhere on television.  Oh if only I had that power.  It would be the William Levy In Speedos Infinity Package.  Get it?  Package....

The scene with Lexi and college was weird.  Dina told Lexi to make her big announcement, which was she'd gotten accepted to Southern Virginia University.  My reaction was, "Where?"

I'm sorry … you heard incorrectly.  The college she got accepted to was SALVE REGINA … a Catholic school in Newport, R.I.  (Remember how she said, It was on the water?"  It's a small school located on a former OCEAN ESTATE of one of the founders of some big company who willed the estate to the nuns. It's small, but wow, it's GORGEOUS.  It looks like a European finishing school where Princess Diana would have gone.  

• Love 1