Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Day Three

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Leah, Rachel, and Nora swim out to the plane wreckage and return with a crucial find. Fellow Texans Dot and Shelby search for a cave that might provide better shelter, but their contentious relationship makes matters difficult. Flashbacks reveal heart-wrenching secrets about Dot’s home life.

The first two episodes were good enough for me to keep watching, but this is the one where I really started to care. Dot was my least favorite of the girls and I thought her actress was the weakest, but now I'm thinking that was a deliberate choice, that Dot is all bluster and bravado to mask her weariness at having to shoulder so much. The scene where she watched the sunset while we saw her last moments with her dad was beautiful and sad.

• Love 14
On 12/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, legxleg said:

The scene where Dot assists her dad with suicide made me cry. Such a sad and messed up thing to have your kid do. And his big plan to help her includes this retreat, which is a nightmare.

Her father was selfish in a really weird way. I thought he ruined Christmas. Sucky as it would have been anyway.

In spite of what Shelby said about him being a great coach, and seemingly a good father to Dot when she was younger, I did not like him.

Edited by Bellatrix