Type keyword(s) to search

Peacemaker In Media

• Start Topic

James Gunn's Peacemaker Show Targeting January 2022 Release Date

The upcoming HBO Max series stars John Cena as the ruthless killer Peacemaker, one of the newest additions to the DC Extended Universe. Described as a "douchey Captain America" who will do anything to achieve peace - including kill - John Cena's Peacemaker will be a new member of Task Force X in Gunn's sequel-reboot of 2016's Suicide Squad.

The production of Peacemaker is filming in Toronto and Vancouver and could wrap up by June.

The release date for Peacemaker will have to be after "The Suicide Squad" movie which has a release date of August 6. "The Suicide Squad" movie will premiere simultaneously in theaters and on HBO Max. Various characters from "The Suicide Squad" movie will appear in the spin-off TV series. 

In addition to The Suicide Squad cast members, several other actors have been added to the first official DCEU TV show's cast. Orange Is the New Black's Danielle Brooks was announced to have joined the cast in November, alongside Robert Patrick and Chris Conrad. When They See Us' Chukwudi Iwuji was also announced as a series regular, along with Riverdale actor Lochlyn Munro, Shades of Blue's Annie Chang, and Togo's Christopher Heyerdahl in recurring guest roles. Most recently, Kroll Show star Nhut Le was cast as martial artist superhero Judomaster, while Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 actor Elizabeth Faith Ludlow plays a character named Keeya.

(edited)

Freddie Stroma to Play DC Comics' Vigilante in TV's Suicide Squad Spinoff
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 28 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/28/freddie-stroma-cast-vigilante-suicide-squad-spinoff-peacemaker-series/ 

Freddie Stroma will be suiting up as DC Comics’ Vigilante aka Adrian Chase in Peacemaker, HBO Max’s spinoff of the upcoming The Suicide Squad movie.

Fresh off roles in both Netflix’s Bridgerton and The Crew, Stroma replaces Chris Conrad (Patriot, Perpetual Grace LTD), who was originally cast in the role but parted ways with the series “amicably due to creative differences” (Deadline reports).

Adrian Chase was played in TV’s Arrowverse by Josh Segarra, though his character used the alias of Prometheus. (Don’t get us started on who Arrow‘s Vigilante turned out to be.)  In Peacemaker, Chase is a New York City DA who seeks justice in his own way after his wife and kids are killed by mobsters.

An action-comedy that will explore the origins of John Cena’s character from The Suicide Squad (in theaters Aug. 6), Peacemaker follows “a man who believes in peace at any cost — no matter how many people he has to kill to get it.” The Suicide Squad writer/director James Gunn will pen all eight episodes and direct several installments of the companion series, including the series premiere. Cena will serve as a co-EP.

Previously announced Peacemaker casting includes Orange Is the New Black‘s Danielle Brooks (as Leota Adebayo), Scorpion‘s Robert Patrick (as Auggie Smith) and Kroll Show‘s Nhut Le (as Judomaster), while Steve Agee and Jennifer Holland will reprise their The Suicide Squad roles as Belle Reve Penitentiary warden John Economos and ARGUS agent Emilia Harcourt.

Edited by tv echo

Peacemaker HBO Max Show Will Be Set In Past & Present

Writer/director James Gunn’s upcoming The Suicide Squad spinoff series, HBO Max’s Peacemaker, will be set in both the past and present. James Gunn said in an interview with Variety:

“Well, through the story, you learn where Peacemaker came from. There’s a moment in the movie where Bloodsport talks about his father and what his father was like, and you cut to a shot of Peacemaker, and Peacemaker nods. That’s the seed of the entire “Peacemaker” series. So we get to see Peacemaker with his father, who’s played by Robert Patrick, where he came from, what he’s done, what that means to him, and where he’s going after all of this. Because he’s not an evil person, he’s just a bad guy. He seems sort of irredeemable in the film. But I think that there’s more to him. We didn’t get a chance to know him [in “The Suicide Squad”] in the way we get to know some of the other characters. And so that’s what the whole show is about. I needed eight episodes to do it, at least.”

peacemaker.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=64

The shot shows John Cena's Peacemaker sitting next to Freddie Stroma as Vigilante, who appears to be the sidekick of the antihero. Joining him, from left to right, are Steve Agee as John Economos and Jennifer Holland as Emilia Harcourt, both reprising their roles from The Suicide Squad. They're joined by new characters Murn and Leota Adebayo, played by Chukwudi Iwuji and Danielle Brooks, respectively.

If dialed, callers will hear a Task Force X meeting that Peacemaker is late for. After a brief hold, callers can hear some audio from the recently released clip from the show.

FBS_5nbVEAEIWWF.jpeg

Peacemaker Takes Us Behind the Scenes of Suicide Squad | DC

Edited by AnimeMania

San Diego Comic-Con: Special Edition is this weekend and HBO's Peacemaker will have big presence.  We should get lots of new info since Peacemaker will have it's own booth. Here are a few of the things, that could be spotted while the booth was being set up.

IMG_20211125_083715925.jpg

Peacemaker poster on the Marriott Hotel.

IMG_20211125_084329765_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211125_084345853_HDR.jpg

Possibly a backdrop for taking photographs?

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

So, I'm thinking about watching this. Do I need to watch Suicide Squad first? 

It would help since Peacemaker was a major character, and the TV series character's arc starts right where it ended in the movie. But, I think you can follow what will happen if you don't.

• Useful 1

Peacemaker is getting an official aftershow video podcast on HBO Max and YouTube after each episode airs. The Rooster Teeth produced podcast is called “Podly” and is available in video and audio-only forms. The companion podcast is hosted by Fiona Nova and Ify Nwadiwe.

Podly-Hosts-Ify-Nwadiwe-and-Fiona-Nova.j

The Peacemaker soundtrack on Spotify.

"Do Ya Wanna Taste It" — Wig Wam

"Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll" — Foxy Shazam

"Come On Come On" — Nashville Pussy

"Summertime Girls" — Y&T

"Night of Passion" — The Poodles

"I Don't Love You Anymore" — The Quireboys 

"Love Bomb Baby" — Tigertailz

"Borderline Crazy" — The Cruel Intentions

"Don't Treat Me Bad" — Firehouse

"Drag Me Down" — Santa Cruz 

"Boots On Rocks Off" — Dust Bowl Jokies

"Pumped Up Kicks – From Peacemaker" — John Murphy ft. Ralph Saenz

"Powertrain" — Enemies Swe

"Would You Love a Creature" — Sister

"Six Feet Under" — Kissin' Dynamite

"Choose Me" — BAND-MAID

"Push Push (Lady Lightning)" — Bang Camaro

"Beat the Bullet" — Vain

"I Wanna Be With You" — Pretty Boy Floyd

"Jawbreaker" — The Cruel Intentions

"House of Pain" — Faster Pussycat

"Enemy in Me" — Vains of Jenna

Peacemaker One-Sixth Scale Collectible Figure by Hot Toys

Who would bother collecting it if it didn't come with Eagly?

peacemaker_dc-comics_gallery_62180c04ac2

peacemaker_dc-comics_gallery_62180c033f2

$275.00        Pre-Order    Expected to Ship: May 2023 - Jul 2023

Figure features a newly developed helmet head and an interchangeable helmet covered in silver chrome finish with details, an attachable tongue to create alternate expressions, a specially tailored outfit, weapons including a sword, an axe, and a figure stand. The sidekick of the show - Eagly will also come as a sixth sixth scale accessory with spread wings for a complete collector experience. 

What! no shield, you just lost a sell.

Explore the iconic helmets and costumes from HBOmax series Peacemaker with Host Tiffany Smith in the second episode of The Archive: Unboxed.

The Archive: Unboxed - Peacemaker Edition | Warner Bros. Entertainment

‘Peacemaker’ Spinoff Series ‘Waller’ With Viola Davis A Go, ‘Doom Patrol’ Creator Jeremy Carver Joins As Scribe

A new TV Series, Waller, spinoff of Suicide Squad/Peacemaker, will star Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, the Director of ARGUS. It is in the early planning stages. Amanda Waller will  oversee teams of expendable metahumans as they execute covert operations. 

James Gunn's new duties at DC will cause Peacemaker Season 2 to be delayed.

Edited by AnimeMania

So that's like at least 2-3 years out from now?

I was going to say they might have to re-cast some of the characters but can't re-cast the lead guy and Gunn's wife is also a major character.

Maybe he should hire someone to be show runner with the proviso that Gunn makes most of the big decisions and has final say.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, AnimeMania said:

20 years age difference.

Respeck!  /Ali G.