Type keyword(s) to search

Zoey’s Extraordinary Spoilers

• Start Topic

2.12 synopsis:

"ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY SESSION" -

05/09/2021 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Sunday) :

In therapy, Zoey reflects back on her unexpectedly profound first day working at SPRQPoint. TV-14

---

The flashback episode!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ciubecca98 said:

2x11

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2566071/zoeys-extraordinary-playlist-alice-lee-previews-cute-emily-david-flashback-episode-season-2-jane-levy

After reading my hypothesis it is that in the next episode something important will happen in the double date and that it will be put on standby in the 12 and resumed in the finale

Hopefully the flashback episode will also include a healthy Peter Gallagher.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know promos can be deceiving, but it looks like the next episode is another one without a SprqPoint plot. I miss Leif and Tobin.

Edited by Trini
On 4/18/2021 at 10:35 PM, Phebemarie said:

I thought Zachary Levi was going to be on this season playing Max's older brother.  Was that just a Twitter tease or could he be in the flashback episode?

I hadn't heard this, but yes please!!  Chuck is one of my top 5 favorite shows of all time, and he is a fantastic singer too.

the title of the last episode ... I felt it would be such a thing

so who will be seen that there will be many tears....Simon,Max?

surely we will see Zoey who will be alone !!!

Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye"

Edited by ciubecca98

With that title I guess someone is leaving; but who...? I can see scenarios in which it's either Max or Simon (both??), or even Zoey herself, but it's highly unlikely it's Zoey.

Max might leave to be closer to Rose -- but I think this is less likely, because then who will help Mo run the restaurant?

Simon might get promoted and have to move to a new city.

As for Zoey, it depends on what comes out in therapy.

From reddit:

Jane and Alex were filming at an airport. Alex driving and Jane in the passenger seat/outside looking sad. I guess there was also a fancy dinner scene that was filmed and basically all of the cast was there and DMD and some of roses friends that we saw when she was first introduced. Sounds like a goodbye Max and Rose dinner to me but this is all speculation based on bts pics and footage from the cast.

Sounds promising! I remember those airport pics, and I can't think of anyone else who would leave at the moment except for Max!

The idea of Max moving to NY to be with Rose after just opening Maximos is… a choice. Not saying that it's not a possibility/probability, especially with the way Austin's been carrying on, but leaving Mo high and dry to run everything hands-on while Max moves across the country for a girl he hasn't been dating all that long is not a good look. And even if it's just a setup for potential season 3 dRaMa, the fact of the matter is season 3 currently isn't a guarantee, and while it's convenient that the finale's title is "Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye", I'd be disappointed if this is how the series ultimately ends.

YMMV 

Edited by funnygirl
18 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

The idea of Max moving to NY to be with Rose after just opening Maximos is… I have no words. Not saying that it's not a possibility/probability, especially with the way Austin has been carrying on, but leaving Mo high and dry to run everything hands-on while he moves across the country for a girl he hasn't been dating all that long is not a good look. And even if it's just a setup for potential dRaMa for season 3, the fact of the matter is that season 3 currently isn't a guarantee, and while it's convenient that the finale's title is "Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye", I'd be disappointed if this is how it ends. YMMV 

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's very likely to happen; but if that did happen, it would dumb for all the reasons you mentioned.

21 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Maybe something happens to Max's dad, and he has to go to NY to help his family.

That's a much better reason; but it still leaves Mo alone with the restaurant, and then his dad hasn't been mentioned since the one episode he was in, so it would be no build up to that.

Season 3, if it happens, could very well only be available on Peacock with their premium service. I think NBC knows that ZEP's following will go with it anywhere, but it just hasn't become the hit they hoped on the broadcast schedule. The advantage for the show's producers is that they would have more freedom to pursue less crowd-friendly story lines. The downside is less money for everyone.

Unless they broaden the premise, ZEP is a four season show, tops. They've breathed a little new life into the main plot with Zoey FINALLY launching her spiritual journey to understand her powers. Absent turning ZEP into Quantum Leap, it's hard to see a) where they can take the show with Zoey's story as central, and b) how Zoey can have enough to do to keep the audience engaged, as good as Jane Levy is in the role. The supporting characters' lives are interesting, but without the hook of the heart songs, all their stories (except Mitch's illness and death) are pedestrian.

I'm hoping the show will take the clue from the supporting characters who made the show sizzle in S1. Howie, his daughter, Mo's pastor, Bernadette Peters, etc. They brought her back, but in 'meh' fashion.

• Love 1

I'd like for the show to get a third and final season, with the producers and writers knowing this ahead of time so that they can craft out a complete season to wrap up the series. With Zoey now in therapy, they can flesh out Zoey's healing and spiritual journey where ultimately there is resolution to her powers. 

It's all in the hands of Fate... and NBC suits. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5
On 4/27/2021 at 9:39 PM, funnygirl said:

The idea of Max moving to NY to be with Rose after just opening Maximos is… a choice. Not saying that it's not a possibility/probability, especially with the way Austin's been carrying on, but leaving Mo high and dry to run everything hands-on while Max moves across the country for a girl he hasn't been dating all that long is not a good look. And even if it's just a setup for potential season 3 dRaMa, the fact of the matter is season 3 currently isn't a guarantee, and while it's convenient that the finale's title is "Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye", I'd be disappointed if this is how the series ultimately ends.

YMMV 

Do you mean Skylar Austin?  What has he been doing?  I don't follow anyone from this show on social media, maybe I should...

36 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Do you mean Skylar Austin?  What has he been doing?  I don't follow anyone from this show on social media, maybe I should...

No, I meant showrunner Austin Winsberg. His "Zoey makes her choice, the love triangle is over!" at the start of the season to "time passes and feelings change" some episodes later. 

The man is a flip-flopper and is capable of doing anything with the story. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

No, I meant showrunner Austin Winsberg. His "Zoey makes her choice, the love triangle is over!" at the start of the season to "time passes and feelings change" some episodes later. 

Ah, ok.  Thanks!  

2 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

No, I meant showrunner Austin Winsberg. His comments in the press: "Zoey makes her choice, the love triangle is over!" at the start of the season to "time passes and feelings change" some episodes later. 

already only to find out that he was making fun of us !!!

(edited)

on reddit there is someone who thanks to Amazon is seeing 2x11 and then I asked us if we will understand who it is who will go away and he said yes !!!

2x11 the synopsis from amazon

zoey return to the world after an extended time away and discovers that a lot has changed at work and in her personal life in her absence

it seems that....
Max sings the heart song "New York State Of Mind." How Zoey will react ?
So for me it will be him who starts in the final

Edited by ciubecca98

Doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but anyway; 2.13 synopsis, season finale:

"ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY GOODBYE" ...

05/16/2021 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Sunday) :

In the season finale, Zoey must face a difficult goodbye. TV-14

I still didn't know this ...

It definitely wasn't love at first sight for Max and Zoey on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. In fact, when they met on their first day at SPRQ Point, they actually kind of hated each other.

Song preview here: https://tvline.com/2021/05/13/zoeys-extraordinary-playlist-season-2-finale-taylor-swift-shake-it-off-video/

So is Max planning a permanent move to New York?? Not just for this pop-up project? You don't usually throw a going away party for someone who'll be back in a few weeks. I'm not sure what else will be going on in the episode, but they seem to want this Max situation to be high stakes, when it really doesn't need to be. But they love messy drama, I guess.

36 minutes ago, Trini said:

Song preview here: https://tvline.com/2021/05/13/zoeys-extraordinary-playlist-season-2-finale-taylor-swift-shake-it-off-video/

So is Max planning a permanent move to New York?? Not just for this pop-up project? You don't usually throw a going away party for someone who'll be back in a few weeks. I'm not sure what else will be going on in the episode, but they seem to want this Max situation to be high stakes, when it really doesn't need to be. But they love messy drama, I guess.

A completely unnecessary going away party seems pretty consistent with this group.