Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Hitchcock Double

• Start Topic

Cassie is forced to work with a surprising new ally as she reconsiders all that’s happened since Bangkok. Meanwhile, Megan’s life begins to implode when her husband faces consequences for her actions.

Original air date: 12/10/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

The Cassie and Miranda team-up was really fun. Miranda is so low-key intense and Cassie is a high-strung mess, Miranda’s reactions to Cassie bouncing everywhere was hilarious. As was the “have you committed crimes” quiz Annie gave.

Also funny? Miranda thinking Annie’s living room shower was weird. Because we all did.

How is it possible that the FBI hasn’t yet heard that their tail agent is dead? Miranda likely stripped the body of ID but he’s a fed. They’ll run his prints to try and ID a John Doe. 

Finally, Chekhov’s Book comes into play. Which they promptly lose. Of course. And Buckley is the deadly assassin that’s been chasing them! Of course. Eugh, bet Cassie feels pretty dirty.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, kariyaki said:

How is it possible that the FBI hasn’t yet heard that their tail agent is dead? Miranda likely stripped the body of ID but he’s a fed. They’ll run his prints to try and ID a John Doe. 

The FBI guy is really dumb or connected with Lionfire and the others.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

The FBI guy is really dumb or connected with Lionfire and the others.

I think he’s dumb for sure. And conceited. His female partner has clearly got an inkling that something really big is going on but he’s fixated on being right and is dismissing anything that doesn’t fit into the profile he has going. I mean, seriously, an agent in his charge disappears and he shrugs? WTF?

• Love 10

So Miranda is a good guy because technically she didn't kill Sabrina, Max, or the FBI Guy. I am surprised the FBI didn't follow up on those pastries that Miranda brought to Sabrina. That should have been an easy way to get a money paper trail, photo, or at least a physical description of who bought the pastries.

The only time Cassie's father drank was when she was around, unfortunately for him, they lived together.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2020 at 11:16 AM, kariyaki said:

How is it possible that the FBI hasn’t yet heard that their tail agent is dead? Miranda likely stripped the body of ID but he’s a fed.

Miranda hasn't killed anyone except the guy in her car. Everyone else was Buckley. 

• Love 2

Maybe Buckley goes to the bathroom, dumps out his drink and replaces it with water. When you drink, you have to pee all the time, especially if you have no food going in, so Cassie isn’t going to blink twice at constant trips to the bathroom. As for noticing whether he’s really drunk... Cassie’s only just realizing that she remembered a good chunk of her childhood incorrectly, I really don’t think she’s capable of paying attention to that.

• Love 3

I'm so happy Max isn't dead! 

Kudos to those of you who called Buckley being something he's not and the book playing into things. Cassie really is incredibly lucky she hasn't been killed yet. If Felix/Buckley doesn't kill her, Miranda may snap and do it. She looked like she was barely tolerating Cassie's meltdowns and once they get the book back, Cassie is of no use to her. 

Cassie's dad really did a number on her and Davey. And her mom didn't seem like much help either. Are we to assume her dad died in the wreck and killed those two people in the other car? 

• Love 2

Megan's husband didn't think his office phone might be monitored? But I don't know how his employer can go after his wife without his help and he might not be willing to turn her in.

Of course the notorious Felix is the guy Cassie was fcuking. Of course.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:58 AM, AnimeMania said:

The only time Cassie's father drank was when she was around, unfortunately for him, they lived together.

That's what Cassie said/believed, but I don't believe it.  I think he preferred drinking when someone else was around, but I don't believe for a second that he wasn't still drinking after Cassie went to bed or was at school, or whatever.

• Applause 2
  • Love 12
On 12/17/2020 at 10:19 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Megan's husband didn't think his office phone might be monitored? But I don't know how his employer can go after his wife without his help and he might not be willing to turn her in.

If she’s selling government secrets to the North Koreans his employer is the least of their problems. Megan’s not that stealthy. There will be a trail. 

Well, my hopes for there to be one person in this show that wasn't totally involved in this whole mess were just tossed down the sewer with the Hello Kitty jumpdrive.  drat.  Well, at least Cassie's lucky that an international assassin is also pretty damn hot. 

This was a fun episode.  Loved that they got right to it, even before the opening credits, revealing Miranda as not who Cassie/we thought she was.  I wish Megan's plotline was dropped.  It does nothing for me, and takes time away from the main plot, which is just sooooo good.

By the way, there appears to be some bizzarro glitch for people watching this with a Roku...  as the episode started a male voice was narrating the actors' movements, like reading the asides in a script.  I tried all the settings, and nothing would make it go away.  I googled, and turns out others had this problem - only on Ep. 7, only with Roku.  So I watched it on my laptop, and didn't have that problem. 

38 minutes ago, chaifan said:

By the way, there appears to be some bizzarro glitch for people watching this with a Roku...  as the episode started a male voice was narrating the actors' movements, like reading the asides in a script.  I tried all the settings, and nothing would make it go away.  I googled, and turns out others had this problem - only on Ep. 7, only with Roku.  So I watched it on my laptop, and didn't have that problem. 

Sounds like you were hearing Descriptive Audio/Audio Descriptions a service that helps people who are blind or have low vision to enjoy the program. Somebody at Roku probably mislabeled the different available audio tracks.

• Love 1

So here I am late to the party, all alone watching the penultimate episode.
But kudos to me for figuring out 2 episodes back: 

ETA: 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:52 PM, Milburn Stone said:

Why was this episode called Hitchcock Double?

On the outside case that anyone is still wondering about this, here's an article that explores the "Hitchcock Double," especially in regards to this episode: https://showsnob.com/2020/12/12/the-flight-attendant-episode-7-killer-reveal/

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

On the outside case that anyone is still wondering about this, here's an article that explores the "Hitchcock Double," especially in regards to this episode: https://showsnob.com/2020/12/12/the-flight-attendant-episode-7-killer-reveal/

Thanks, @shapeshifter. The explanation at that link didn't make me quite get it, but the link within the article (on the words "double motif") led to an article in The Museum of Film History that really laid out Hitchcock's use of the double in an insightful and informative way, which enabled me to see why it applied to this episode. As a bonus, TMoFH looks like a great site I'll be visiting frequently.

• Love 4
(edited)

Why did Miranda and Cassie go to Annie for help if only to realize that if Annie helps them, the assassin will try to kill Annie too?

Why didn't Annie try taking off her clunky watch to fit her arm through the grate to get the Hello Kitty thumb drive? Or use a pen to flick it closer to her? Also, $5 to the kid who gets the drive for me. $20 is suspicious. 

My husband called the book way back (shades of where the money was hidden in Charade (not Hitchcock though -- directed by Stanley Donen). My prediction was that Megan's story will collide with Cassie's, but now I'm thinking it will be a cliffhanger for Season Two.

Why didn't Miranda shoot Feliks with the gun she'd held on Cassie at the beginning of the episode?

In Miranda's Great Rome Plan, how is she going to get rid of Feliks' body after killing him in Cassie's hotel room? Is the only reason she suggests that, rather than going to the FBI, because she wants to get the money herself?

Edited by smartymarty
  • Love 1

I should have saved this until tomorrow, because I'm not feeling so good, and I did find Cassie a bit annoying, with my third episode of the night. But once they ran into the store, and started to figure things out again, I got over it. I also enjoyed Miranda in this episode. 

Glad that Max is okay, and pointed out to Annie that she probably needed help.

Of course dead cat guy was the actual guy who killed the cats, and of course he's in love with her, and wanted to run away. Once she said no, that she's trying to make better decisions, he decides to do his job, and kill her. He was too goofy (if cute).

13 hours ago, Anela said:

Of course dead cat guy was the actual guy who killed the cats

I remember this part, but, sadly, not enough to discuss the series with you now. ☹️
But I am looking forward to the next season!

• Love 1

So I am REALLY late to this series and before I watch the last episode I am leaving 2 thoughts here. 
1- I think that Annie is bad for some reason

2- I think that Miranda is still working with Buckley

I am probably wrong on both counts but that is my thought going into the finale. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:21 PM, smartymarty said:

Why didn't Miranda shoot Feliks with the gun she'd held on Cassie at the beginning of the episode?

Yeah, about that .. it's a sight of sloppy writing when you have to make the bad-ass, female assassin somewhat incompetent (forgetting the gun, losing the book, afraid to make a jump that Cassie could do while drunk) .. just for the sake of the plot.  Cassie should be the one making sloppy mistakes.

I've been binging this, and am shocked at how much I love Miranda. I fricking adore her. And her gradual disbelief at then affection for Cassie is really wonderful and very funny (and moving).

I would seriously watch a show about the two of them forever.