Type keyword(s) to search

S36E00: Declassified

• Start Topic

It's the calm before the storm. Lots of talking, reminiscing, angsting . . . and apparently, Teege is not the host this season He is listed as "Handler." Also, Devin figuratively yanks it out and plays a solo with it. Basically, nothing has changed with him.

CT is probably the guy that fans will worry about the most. The marriage didn't work out, and now here he is, in an environment that isn't good for mental health. On the plus side, the Dad Bod is dead. Love live the Father Figure! Oh, and CT was the guy with the celebratory toast, what with Johnny still basking in a win that I feel he didn't deserve.

Lots of new Brits in the mix, as well as a German-Asian dude named Nam. Jay's back . . . he has gotten a lot of female fans on the Facebook group I'm on. They REALLY love him. It's so bad, I legitimately worry about Natalie being that close to him.

Oh, and Natalie Anderson is there. Her listed show is Survivor, which is just as well. Aside from childhood pictures of her and Nadiya, there's little to connect her to The Amazing Race. She won one edition of Survivor, and she was one of the bigger stars the second time she played. You'd think she'd be a bigger deal, since she won double the money as Kaycee and Josh.

Seriously, the female side is STACKED. Natalie's there. Lolo Jones is there. Nicole is there, and you know she could probably pull an actual fire truck if you asked her enough times. I'm prepared to be disappointed by her. I get the lack of love for her excessive thirst and putting on a thick accent, but I rooted for her both times. That said, she's probably going to do or say something really cringe, and I'm ready for it.

Josh is still extra.

Hey, the Skulls are back! Because they worked so well last season! I know, some stuff just needs a tweak to look good. Just ask Natalie about Edge of Extinction.

Joseph looks and sounds way too normal for this show.

Ashley is still a bitch. She better not step to Natalie. Twinee EARNED her million bucks the hard way. Minimum, she played an entire season before getting that money.

Oh, and Wes is still overplaying. I got a feeling Wes E. Coyote will be going off the cliff yet again.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

It's so bad, I legitimately worry about Natalie being that close to him.

I missed this ... does it seem like they're going to hook up? I've been manifesting this into the universe for a few months now, for the lulz. Curious if it might actually happen.

15 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I missed this ... does it seem like they're going to hook up? I've been manifesting this into the universe for a few months now, for the lulz. Curious if it might actually happen.

I think she’s got a guy. He was with her at the end of the Survivor finale. Natalie is strong, but Jay can call upon a legion of fangirls to do his bidding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Nicole, Teresa and Lolo, I did not miss you even the littlest bit.

Natalie, I love you.

Is that the Amber who Beast Mode Cowboy completely fucked over?  If so, I’m rooting for her.

Kacey looks prettier the older she gets.  I can see why Nany is crushing.

Maaaaan, dodged a bullet having to deal with Josh for the summer due to his stupidity, and now here he is.

CT, please stay healthy.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

The marriage didn't work out, and now here he is, in an environment that isn't good for mental health.

I totally didn't realize their marriage was over. Can't say I'm surprised, though, as their relationship didn't seem too healthy anyway.

• Love 5

Fessy trying to say him, Kaycee, and Josh are some strategic think thank might be one of the most laughable things I have heard in a long time.

Dude you were in a house for weeks with the same people who voted together over and over and you could still not figure out why the vote never worked out the way you thought it was going to.  Were you playing chess then when you kept on asking, "Who flipped?", week after week?

Kaycee, as much as I like her, did not have a strategic bone in her body on Big Brother.

Josh only won because he went to the finals with an even bigger asshole than him. 

In conclusion, Fessy you are not the strategic masterminds that you think you are.

Edited by BK1978
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I didn't realize that this was basically a full-on episode! I'm glad I got bored last night and decided to watch it or I would have been very lost tonight watching the so-called premier. I wonder how much of this will be edited into tonight's episode? 

13 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Fessy trying to say him, Kaycee, and Josh are some strategic think thank might be one of the most laughable things I have heard in a long time.

I totally did a hearty laugh at that one. And when did being on Big Brother signify that you have a large IQ? Also, Kaycee claiming she's not a sneaky person while also planning to spy on everyone by "charming" them into thinking she's cool. I can't stand her. And I don't know if I can deal with another season of whiny-ass Josh. He's basically an over-sized baby.

The new girl from Survivor(?) kept reminding me of Ruthie from RW Hawaii.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Josh is probably the biggest strategist among them and that is very sad.

I don't disagree, but it's all relative. Many of these people are the same idiots who (after Jay was eliminated) made the opportunity for a Red Skull a "fairness" issue. We're not dealing with a strategic masterclass, overall. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I didn't realize that this was basically a full-on episode! I'm glad I got bored last night and decided to watch it or I would have been very lost tonight watching the so-called premier. I wonder how much of this will be edited into tonight's episode? 

I totally did a hearty laugh at that one. And when did being on Big Brother signify that you have a large IQ? Also, Kaycee claiming she's not a sneaky person while also planning to spy on everyone by "charming" them into thinking she's cool. I can't stand her. And I don't know if I can deal with another season of whiny-ass Josh. He's basically an over-sized baby.

The new girl from Survivor(?) kept reminding me of Ruthie from RW Hawaii.

I’ve never cared much for Kaycee, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. The reason she won Big Brother is because she got to Tyler first. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I’ve never cared much for Kaycee, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

She's a classic gaslighter. She manipulates people while she pretends she's not and they are the ones who are crazy if they interpret her "chillness" and "friendly flirting" as something else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I didn't realize this wasn't the actual series premiere until at least halfway in.  I kept wondering why they weren't explaining the game or starting a challenge.  Oh well, it was nice to have a bit more introduction, especially with the newbies. 

I think Lolo probably will make for good tv.  I remember when she was on starts vs. pros (or whatever it was called) and she was playing hardcore cutthroat for her charity, when everyone else was treating it as a bit of a lark.  I thought all of that was fairly entertaining.

At least there's no Bananas.  My enjoyment of this season is already higher than last season,

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

I think Lolo probably will make for good tv.  I remember when she was on starts vs. pros (or whatever it was called) and she was playing hardcore cutthroat for her charity, when everyone else was treating it as a bit of a lark.  I thought all of that was fairly entertaining.

What I remember most was how she insisted that her charity was more important because it had her name on it. I was also thinking at the time that she shouldn't done the show because it showed her personality and she was one of the most unlikable people I had ever seen on tv.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, xfuse said:

What I remember most was how she insisted that her charity was more important because it had her name on it. I was also thinking at the time that she shouldn't done the show because it showed her personality and she was one of the most unlikable people I had ever seen on tv.   

(Italics are mine...) I didn't watch the Challenge yet when that season aired, but you pretty much encapsulated my reaction to Lolo on Celeb Big Brother. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xfuse said:

Funny that I didn't remember that at all, but now that you say it, I remember that part of it.  I did think she came across as rather unlikeable, but I think she made for entertaining tv.  She also considers herself a strategic mastermind, too...so that will be interesting.

OK watched the special, they gave a lot of backstories particularly to the newbies.

One major thing is there are only 10 Skulls to be won in the elimination and you need a Skull for the Finals.

Lolo is a newbie.  She briefly said her athletic ability doesn't necessarily help her because it's not like she knows what the event is and can practice for it, like she does with her track event.

But she is expected to bring drama.

BTW, Bill Simmons and David Jacoby will be recapping each episode on The Ringer podcast.

• Useful 1

I don't know what it was (I think the hair and the "handler" outfit) but suddenly Teeje is a lot better looking to me (not that he was ugly before or anything, just didn't really strike my fancy).  Did he always have a cleft chin?  LOL.  

Ha, the wrestler throwing Kyle onto the furniture and then someone sitting? on him while they counted down.  I like this new kid!  

I skipped last season due to Bananathema.   There's nobody here I hate.  I'd much rather have Nicole than Laurel; I used to like Cara but now she makes me cringe (I don't hate her, but you know); Ashley is funny even if I don't really like her personally; etc.  

• Love 1