Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Just Another Day in Paradise

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, aghst said:

Hmm doesn't FaceTime have some specific watch together feature?

Not to my knowledge, we just call each other and watch on our respective tvs that we sync via time stamps. Netflix, Hulu and Amazon have text based watch parties that are all synced through the player.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2020 at 10:12 PM, nytonc said:

Elizabeth too. She was given those second stew stripes waaay to soon. If she thinks Francesca is too tough, she would have jumped overboard working for Kate. I miss Kate. She made me laugh  

She really lost me when she said that the last thing she needed was to be yelled at right before bed.  First of all, Francesca did not yell by any means.  It was practically a whisper because the guests were still up, which was precisely why she was reminding Elizabeth that she needs to check on the guests!  Which she had been told already, yet the primary still had to come search out Francesca to say that they were "dying" for service (which obviously is hyperbole but I can understand that people paying that much money expect to have their drinks refreshed from time to time).

• Love 11
6 hours ago, endure said:

And did they ever mention why it took so long to go pick it up at the dock?

I don't know that exact on-time boat/dingy/tender operation is all that common.   There might have been a larger boat going by preventing Eddie's departure.  And the provisioner might have been late, Eddie might have been late.  I doubt it was anything really notable.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 5

This season is pretty boring but I'm enjoying the food presentations. I'm a simple person who wouldn't touch most of it but I'm liking Rachel's talent & fairly upbeat demeanor. I also wish she wouldn't curse so much though. I doubt she tells Ct. Lee to go f himself...I am predicting a "bikini lunch" situation where some pigs request half naked service from crew or something on that level. 

Shane needs to be fired. Ct. Lee took the words right out of my mouth..."Shane is as good gone as he is here." Why split tips & feed another mouth that isn't really earning it. All you hear from him is how achy he is & how many hours he's been up. SMDH this is why humanity seems doomed. Buck up. I honestly have always worked (at times multiple jobs at a time) and now have three small kids. I was just saying to my husband & he agreed, our bodies didn't start aching here & there until maybe 34 years old. Manual labor should be easy in your 20's and even earlier 30's barring any major incidents like herniations, fractures, underlying health problems, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Marley said:

Shane and Elizabeth are 2 little snowflakes who have prob been told they were special their whole life and they believed it. This is coming from someone spoiled as well but you eventually figure out that’s not how life is.

Shane is just kind of an idiot lol. I don’t know how he graduated university unless it was a really easy major or something lol.

Absolutely.  Eventually you realize that the world doesn't cater to you the way your mom and dad did!

Did he say he graduated from Berkeley?  My mom went there so I feel I can say this (LOL) - the school produces some ULTRA sensitive people.  I wonder if they teach that there, or if they look for them and recruit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I don't know that exact on-time boat/dingy/tender operation is all that common.   There might have been a larger boat going by preventing Eddie's departure.  And the provisioner might have been late, Eddie might have been late.  I doubt it was anything really notable.

The first time they showed Rachel mumbling about "where is Eddie?" there was a time stamp of 6:46 (I think, but something like that).  Since the provisioner said it would be on the dock at 6:45, that was a little bit crazy.  No idea how far from the dock they were but, I don't think he could magically be back with it yet.  

• Love 9
15 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I thought there was a missed opportunity on WWHL last night - instead of the secret word being "Eddie" it really should have been "sustainability."  Shane is a major snoozefest.

And what was with Andy being surprised there were blonde-haired, green eyed Jews?  Stereotyping much Andy?  

Plus, has he never heard that people can convert to Judaism?

3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Most likely, but I wouldn’t put it past Bravo to fuck with the timing.  It’s been reported that housewives have often been given incorrect call times to cause  anger and irritation. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lassus said:

Thanks, they just made such a production about it and lately I seem to be nodding off watching some of these shows so thought I just might have missed it.  I did see Eddie's arrival back and handing off a bag that didn't even look like s small can of caviar haha

I'm have the nodding off problem also. This show is a snooze fest even with Rachel cursng and banging pans and equipment.  I miss the golden days of Kate, Kat, Amy and yes even crazy Rocky. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, oakville said:

I am in awe of the meals that she cooked. I would love to see her & Chef Kiko from BDM team up.

I am not entirely sure even good-natured chefs teaming up works that well.  /#topchef

• Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, Lassus said:

Likely production-driven drama. They probably had Eddie take the scenic route back to the boat to wind Rachel up. 

• Love 2

I was happy to see Izzy with a mud mask on when she went to bed. With their short nights, I always wonder how the crew manages basic grooming, like washing their hair or pedicures walking around barefoot all the time.

I also always wonder why they don't set up a wet bar for the guests: cold water, flat & sparkling, a bucket of ice & whatever wine, liquor & mixers they're drinking, instead of running drinks one by one. It reminds me of the fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast drama on Below Deck Med. For the life of me, I could never understand why they didn't just squeeze a pitcher of juice the night before.

The primary wasn't the most obnoxious we've ever seen on the show, but he can't handle liquor. Whenever he had cocktails, things went left. He should stick to wine. I appreciated his blonde companion trying to reign him in. No. I take that back. He was super messy with the red wine porrons, too. It hurt me in my spirit watching the crew crawl around on their hands & knees trying to clean the teak wood. The crew should have gone for towels or maybe a plastic tarp much earlier instead of standing around gawking.

I'm mostly here to watch Rachel's delicious looking & sounding food. & to watch Shane's lazy ass fuck up over & over & be gobsmacked that his 15% capacity effort is not being praised: participation trophy generation chickens coming home to roost. Meh. I have a love/hate relationship with the show.

• Love 5
On 12/9/2020 at 12:30 AM, Mstk3000 said:

Shane's hair in his talking heads makes me think of the elf who wants to be a dentist in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Oh my gosh, YES. I thought the exact same thing.

• Love 1