Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Just Another Day in Paradise

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

The primary's 50th birthday dinner teeters on the edge of disaster after a caviar mishap; Rachel finds herself embroiled in interior drama; as Shane's career hangs on by a thread, Francesca's frustrations with Elizabeth build.

Airdate 12.07.2020

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Don’t chefs check their provisions? Especially when it is an expensive caviar. 

I think she said it was in the wrong wrapping or container?  So it looked like what she ordered until she opened it up.  She was on WWHL with Sunshine and however she told the story it sounded like she’d ordered more than one tin and one of them was wrong but I wouldn’t swear on it.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

If this fucking twit and his satchel of paper straws isn’t sent packing. Totally useless! 🖕🏻

If he isn’t, that would be a major fake out given how both Eddie and Capt Lee were talking about him right before he got called in.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Rachel seems to be the most competent chef ever on BD. Her food all looks incredible.

What Rachel did with that birthday dinner was outstanding, and she seems to handle other meals easily as well.  I especially love that she doesn't bitch and moan or complain about breakfast orders, as so many of the other chefs did (especially Ben, one of my all time favorite BD crew members).  

Although I will say that her foul mouth is really starting to get to me.  Curious to see what actually is the issue where in the preview it appears she tells Captain Lee to go eff himself.  Something tells me there's a lot more to that than what the previews show.  

• Love 13

Rachel is hitting home runs with her food!  Capt  Lee is probably wondering why he had to put up with egotistical, subpar chefs for so many years. 

Shane needs to go. He’s fucking useless. Elizabeth too. She was given those second stew stripes waaay to soon. If she thinks Francesca is too tough, she would have jumped overboard working for Kate. I miss Kate. She made me laugh  

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 16

Shane is the ditziest person on TV right now.  The Kartrashian siblings are running an astrophysicist think tank compared to this kid.  Shane has mentioned how smart he is a few times, and how he graduated from Berkeley.  Do you think he means a high school called ‘Berkeley’?  If he needs to maintain his sleep schedule, his journaling, his yoga and his positive head space for his health, he took the wrong job. Maybe he just didn’t understand he was hired for back-breaking working, and thought he was going on a cruise as a Sustainability lecturer?  I hope he and his stupid paper straws, his organic yoga mat and cage-free responsibly sourced journal are dumped off the boat next week.

These 50th bday guests were not too bad until the red wine BS.  I don’t care that there was a cleaning product to remove the stains.  That was so uncalled for.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

I am surprised that the guests who dribbled red wind down the fronts of their white clothes did not request the stews to clean the stains.

The stews that complain bitterly about their job or chief stew in their TH's are usually the ones that suck at their job.

Sunshine...the sun is setting. Time to go home. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, nytonc said:

Rachel is hitting home runs with her food!  Capt  Lee is probably wondering why he had to put up with egotistical, subpar chefs for so many years. 

Shane needs to go. He’s fucking useless. Elizabeth too. She was given those second stew stripes waaay to soon. If she thinks Francesca is too tough, she would have jumped overboard working for Kate. I miss Kate. She made me laugh  

That's the problem with this show this season. There is no wit or levity what so ever. Everything seems heavy and difficult. It is a chore for me just to watch the little that I do before falling asleep. 

Is Captain Lee actually drinking on charter when he has dinner with the guests?  I've noticed this before and it sure looks like he drinks wine with dinner. 

• Love 10

To be clear, I know that Shane is useless as a worker with the lateness and napping and work ethic.  Which is not something Eddie has a lot of control over.

That being said - and I understand if I'm the only one who thinks so - I think Shane's incompetence with items like docking are almost entirely on Eddie.  He KNOWS Shane is green from the word go but he KNOWS he has to count on him to help with docking.  I mean, yeah, it's on Bravo for purposefully hiring a moron, but that only goes so far.  If Shane doesn't know what 5-10 lines are what by the fourth charter, of course he takes a percentage of that responsibility.  But he clearly needs to be taught those things and that's on Eddie.  The fact that by the fourth charter Shane doesn't know which line is which and it fucks up the docking, to me that's clearly a bosun error.  I know I seem to be solo on that, but.  

Rachel makes great food but still gives me agita.  I guess that's just personal.  I was a little surprised - although I'm sure it was unintentional - at a bit of the shade thrown Ben's way from Lee's "best chef I've ever had" comments on Rachel.

I agree a bit with what was said above about the lack of humor on the boat.  I mean, Ben also brought that, a few of the stews, on occasion a chief.  This group is a little bland and tense in that regard I suppose.  But it's only going downhill from here, globally, so I wouldn't really expect things to do much lightening up.

Oh, yeah, that drinking thing with the captain was unusually unseemly.  Of course a glass of wine or two while docked or anchored overnight ain't really a thing, but the wine on the face and all that?  No, Captain Lee.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Lassus said:

That being said - and I understand if I'm the only one who thinks so - I think Shane's incompetence with items like docking are almost entirely on Eddie.  He KNOWS Shane is green from the word go but he KNOWS he has to count on him to help with docking.  I mean, yeah, it's on Bravo for purposefully hiring a moron, but that only goes so far.  If Shane doesn't know what 5-10 lines are what by the fourth charter, of course he takes a percentage of that responsibility.  But he clearly needs to be taught those things and that's on Eddie.  The fact that by the fourth charter Shane doesn't know which line is which and it fucks up the docking, to me that's clearly a bosun error.  I know I seem to be solo on that, but.  

Eddie can only teach someone who is willing and capable of learning.  We've repeatedly seen Shane being told something by either Eddie or one of the other deckhands and Shane retains none of it and does the opposite. Eddie is upbeat friendly boss who enjoys working with and teaching his crew, just look at how much Izzy has learned in only a few days. Blaming him for Shane being a ultra sensitive airhead who needs his hand held to wipe his own ass is just ridiculous.

Liz can leave any time as well.  Francesca told you explicitly what to do: check on the guests every 10 minutes while she cleaned up the dinner mess. Liz couldn't be bothered, tried to say she wasn't told, and then finally landed on Francesca was too mean to her.  WTF? Do your job, people.

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, snarts said:

Eddie can only teach someone who is willing and capable of learning.  We've repeatedly seen Shane being told something by either Eddie or one of the other deckhands and Shane retains none of it and does the opposite. Eddie is upbeat friendly boss who enjoys working with and teaching his crew, just look at how much Izzy has learned in only a few days. Blaming him for Shane being a ultra sensitive airhead who needs his hand held to wipe his own ass is just ridiculous.

I'm sorry, I will maintain my fundamental disagreement here.  Let's say one of the dock disasters they always freak out about (but never happens) actually happens, because Shane doesn't know what's going on with the lines.  Would Eddie's response be "Well, he just wasn't willing or capable of learning.  Sorry about your boat.  And your broken wrist." in the lawsuit when the primary gets knocked off his feet?  Izzy learned things easily as she wasn't nearly as green as Shane, again, something Eddie was aware of.

I am not saying Shane bears NO responsibility.  I personally just think there's at LEAST equal responsibility there in Eddie's management of the situation.  I've already admitted I might be the only one who sees it that way.  Maybe not even the charter company would.  -shrug-

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I'm sorry, I will maintain my fundamental disagreement here.  Let's say one of the dock disasters they always freak out about (but never happens) actually happens, because Shane doesn't know what's going on with the lines.  Would Eddie's response be "Well, he just wasn't willing or capable of learning.  Sorry about your boat.  And your broken wrist." in the lawsuit when the primary gets knocked off his feet?  Izzy learned things easily as she wasn't nearly as green as Shane, again, something Eddie was aware of.

I am not saying Shane bears NO responsibility.  I personally just think there's at LEAST equal responsibility there in Eddie's management of the situation.  I've already admitted I might be the only one who sees it that way.  Maybe not even the charter company would.  -shrug-

You are not the only one who sees it that way. Given that we saw Shane writing down the different lines in his journal, I’m not sure that anyone ever sat down with him before to discuss the lines and the importance of each. Mostly we see Eddie saying a few things over his shoulder as he walks away. And I like Eddie!

• Love 8

To me, Eddie seems to be really frustrated by the fact that he has a totally green crew.  And instead of being openly pissed at production, he complains about his staff.   I can't believe that in real, non-Bravo life, Shane would  have been hired on this type of boat with the experience he had.  Or if he had been, then he would have been surrounded by competent people.

I also think Shane didn't have a grasp on what the job really entailed. 

Elizabeth drives me crazy.  She must have been really bad, or production must have hated her, because she's always being portrayed as slow, a tad incompetent, etc.  Then she whines because she doesn't like how she's being spoken to.    On WWHL, Kate mentioned that Francesca had made snide remarks to Elizabeth, but so far I don't remember seeing that.   I do agree, however, that Francesca needed to take Lizzy aside and talk to her privately, rather than saying things in front of others.  Same for Eddy and Shane.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is Captain Lee actually drinking on charter when he has dinner with the guests? 

He was. He also explained on social media that when he does that, he turns over command of the boat to the First Officer. Any issues that came up would be dealt with by that person. I don't think Lee really wanted to do the wine guzzling but probably felt the priority was to keep the guests happy.

• Useful 9
  • Love 9

This seems to be the recipe for Below Deck from now on. One green deck hand and one incompetent stew. I agree it is on Eddie to teach Shane what he doesn't know or assign one of the other deck hands to help him. Production hired him knowing full well he was green. He is a little ditsy but with mentoring could probably improve. Eddie has been surly and scarcastic so far this season. On WWHL Andy would not let up  on Shane with the complaints about him.  But Shane said way too many times that he came on the boat to teach people about sustainability.   So far this is the worst season for Below Deck as far as I am concerned. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

This seems to be the recipe for Below Deck from now on. One green deck hand and one incompetent stew.

Wait.  "From now on"?  That has always seemed to be the recipe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Looks like I am in the minority, but I feel badly for Shane. He’s clearly in over his head, but he seems to want very badly to do well. Some people are book smart but just not meant to work with their hands. And it freaks those people out to not be good at something because all their lives in school, where mental aptitude is valued more than anything else (ask the vo-tech kids), they are used to being praised as being “the best”. Yes the phone dying oversleeping move was boneheaded and all on him, but he was exhausted from trying to over-achieve to make up for his prior errors.

Everybody can’t be good at everything. Shane needs to go home and find a cerebral job he can excel at. He will hopefully have gained an appreciation for people who do hard physical jobs and do them well.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, janiema said:

You are not the only one who sees it that way. Given that we saw Shane writing down the different lines in his journal, I’m not sure that anyone ever sat down with him before to discuss the lines and the importance of each. Mostly we see Eddie saying a few things over his shoulder as he walks away. And I like Eddie!

Oh the reason he knew to write down the lines is because someone told him. He wasn’t looking at anything when he was doing it, just because we didn’t see it doesn’t mean it happen. We did see him being told to close the door before he went to bed and than he didn’t do it, we did see him being told that what end of the line you threw to the dock mattered and he didn’t do it, we did see him being yelled at to drop his other fender and he didn’t do it, he was told about about his sleeping habits and he was still late etc. 

I can’t get over that he gave his performance a B!!! He was also an arrogant, entitled asshat on WWHL who has learned nothing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Shane was just as useless on WWHL as he is on the yacht.

I think he is someone who doesn't understand sarcasm.  He's not picking up on the subtle clues.  I work with someone like this.  I cannot make a sarcastic comment at all.  I say, "oh I am soooo excited to work on this account!"  And my coworker is like, "what? you said you hate this account!"  Like, he just doesn't get it.  

I think Shane is also extremely sensitive and doesn't like to be teased.  No one does, but you have to be able to laugh at yourself.  Shane is unable to joke.

Andy made some comment at the commercial break, before wwhl started about Shane over-sleeping and he looked really upset, and about to defend himself.  He was humorless the whole time on wwhl.  Andy, of course, was his usual asshole self.  But Shane could not take a joke.

I have been told that these are millennial traits, and I do know some millennials that are like this.  NOT ALL millennials, not even MOST!  But there is a type.

4 hours ago, Lassus said:

Rachel makes great food but still gives me agita.  I guess that's just personal.  I was a little surprised - although I'm sure it was unintentional - at a bit of the shade thrown Ben's way from Lee's "best chef I've ever had" comments on Rachel.

That was shady.  

2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

This seems to be the recipe for Below Deck from now on. One green deck hand and one incompetent stew. I agree it is on Eddie to teach Shane what he doesn't know or assign one of the other deck hands to help him. Production hired him knowing full well he was green. He is a little ditsy but with mentoring could probably improve. Eddie has been surly and scarcastic so far this season. On WWHL Andy would not let up  on Shane with the complaints about him.  But Shane said way too many times that he came on the boat to teach people about sustainability.   So far this is the worst season for Below Deck as far as I am concerned. 

Eddie is an asshole IMO.  He thinks he is the captain, or co-captain.  When Lee said, "that won't happen again!"  Eddie was like, "no it won't!"  Like, Eddie, hello, he is saying that TO you, he is not commiserating with his peer.  The way Eddie lounges around like he is in charge of the boat.  He irritates me.

Of course, Shane says to Eddie, "do I even have to say anything about this morning?"  Umm yeah, you do.  Maybe he meant to say, "there is nothing I can say to make it right."  But it came out like he doesn't even need to say anything because he doesn't want to.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That was shady.  

How was it shady, it wasn’t like he singled him out. He doesn’t seem that impressed with Ben’s food, he previously mentioned that Adrian was the best chef that had been on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, NannyBails said:

To me, Eddie seems to be really frustrated by the fact that he has a totally green crew.  And instead of being openly pissed at production, he complains about his staff.   I can't believe that in real, non-Bravo life, Shane would  have been hired on this type of boat with the experience he had.  Or if he had been, then he would have been surrounded by competent people.

You have to remember that production hires these people but Captain Lee can fire them.  That's what sets up the repeated scenario we see on Below Deck and Below Deck Med of department heads getting stuck with incompetent workers and right away going to the captain to plead for a change. Every season, production sticks in at least a couple of characters who are just there to make the TV show something we want to laugh or roll our eyes at. Part of the show drama is to see how long they'll last. 

And, obviously, there's no way that if Below Deck were not, above all, a television show, someone with Shane's experience would have been hired. The show COULD cast a whole crew of supremely capable and responsible workers, but it would be too boring for most viewers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/4/2020 at 7:54 AM, DrSparkles said:

Um, they need to add the women at Neva’s lunch to the show stat!

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Oh the reason he knew to write down the lines is because someone told him. He wasn’t looking at anything when he was doing it, just because we didn’t see it doesn’t mean it happen. We did see him being told to close the door before he went to bed and than he didn’t do it, we did see him being told that what end of the line you threw to the dock mattered and he didn’t do it, we did see him being yelled at to drop his other fender and he didn’t do it, he was told about about his sleeping habits and he was still late etc. 

I can’t get over that he gave his performance a B!!! He was also an arrogant, entitled asshat on WWHL who has learned nothing.

Shane did not givea fuck about asshole Andy & I was THERE FOR IT! Who the fuck does Andy think he is?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Shane did not givea fuck about asshole Andy & I was THERE FOR IT! Who the fuck does Andy think he is?

I can’t stand Andy but Shane came off as an idiotic asshat who doesn’t know what he was talking about. 

I didn’t notice this last week but the dude with the glasses looked and sounded like Neal Brennan. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I may be in the minority, but I am loving this season.  After last season of BD being rife with violence towards women (Kate may be a bitch sometimes, but Ashton's behavior in the van and Kevin's sand-kicking were beyond a measured responses) and BDM weaponizing mental health to gain room assignments (when Hannah could have been fired for just plain insubordination 2 seasons ago), this season of BD has nice, low-stakes conflicts.  Missing caviar?  Incompetent deckies and stews?  Bring it on!  I can watch this show again without having to pop another beta-blocker or having to turn it off and meditate for a half-hour.

I like Rachel and want to see what makes her blow up (if she really does) at the preference sheet meeting.  That Lee still speaks highly of her makes me think it isn't all that big of a deal.  She's remarkably good at her job, puts to bed the stereotype that models don't eat, and, while she has colorful language, she's not hateful toward anyone in the galley.  Well, so far....we still have 6 episodes to go.  She might be a bit torqued up at times, but she's a veritable spa day compared to Malia's ex boyfriend who got mad at toast.

Shane & Elizabeth bring the snark out in me, though.  I've seen almost all of BD and have been on an actual boat so few times I could count them on one hand and I know what order the lines go on.  It isn't that hard.  If Shane thinks he's some great ambassador of the sustainability movement, he's mistaken.  He comes off as a flighty, incompetent airhead and that undercuts any good message he wants to convey.  And if (and it's a HUGE if) what we saw of Francesca's "scolding" of Elizabeth was it, that was hardly a dressing-down.  It was very, very mild.  I think she needs to go before Shane.  He is open to learning, at however slow a pace.  She's not.  And, yikes, she believes in crystals.  There's no educating that.

• Love 17

I didn't understand the drinking game the Primary was having with Captain Lee. He was spilling red wine all over the nice teak floor which is hard to clean.

I feel bad for Captain Lee for having to participate in a frat house type game.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I didn't understand the drinking game the Primary was having with Captain Lee. He was spilling red wine all over the nice teak floor which is hard to clean.

I feel bad for Captain Lee for having to participate in a frat house type game.

It’s not really a game, though some people treat it like it is, but it’s basically mastering how to drink out of porrón, a traditional Spanish wine pitcher in which you are supposed to share with people and never let your lips touch the spout. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

basically mastering how to drink out of porrón, a traditional Spanish wine pitcher in which you are supposed to share with people

and they just "happened" to have two of those sitting on the counter? Was that part of the preference sheet? Or was it just yet another "activity" totally driven by the producers (as apparently the naked sushi model was as well)?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dleighg said:

and they just "happened" to have two of those sitting on the counter? Was that part of the preference sheet? Or was it just yet another "activity" totally driven by the producers (as apparently the naked sushi model was as well)?

They have actually become sort of popular in service to use as a decanter because they pour nicely so it’s entirely possible. Or they could be like other wine snob’s I know and bring their own shit on vacation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

They have actually become sort of popular in service to use as a decanter because they pour nicely

I totally believe you on that, but we've never seen these stews use a decanter.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

but [Shane] seems to want very badly to do well.

Not that badly.  Oversleeping AFTER you've been harassed for napping seems to show a certain lack of wanting very badly.  (And I don't like Eddie at all, but even so.)

• Love 10

Shane and Elizabeth are 2 little snowflakes who have prob been told they were special their whole life and they believed it. This is coming from someone spoiled as well but you eventually figure out that’s not how life is.

Elizabeth keeps saying how Francesca is yelling at her and not giving her proper direction. Unless I’m missing something Francesca doesn’t seem that bad there’s been way worse Chief stews. Even when Elizabeth got in trouble it didn’t seem that bad. She just said what she had instructed her to do. If I was a guest and had to wait like 45 minutes for another drink I would be annoyed.

Shane is just kind of an idiot lol. I don’t know how he graduated university unless it was a really easy major or something lol.

Kind of a Boring season so far. 

Always crazy to see beginning of Covid when we didn’t know how crazy it was going to really get. Makes me sad.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Always crazy to see beginning of Covid when we didn’t know how crazy it was going to really get. Makes me sad.

It sucks. I watch tv to escape for a little while.  Every reality show I'm watching now has the cast talking about covid.  I don't want to relive the beginning again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, NannyBails said:

I also think Shane didn't have a grasp on what the job really entailed. 

Elizabeth drives me crazy.  She must have been really bad, or production must have hated her, because she's always being portrayed as slow, a tad incompetent, etc.  Then she whines because she doesn't like how she's being spoken to.    On WWHL, Kate mentioned that Francesca had made snide remarks to Elizabeth, but so far I don't remember seeing that.   I do agree, however, that Francesca needed to take Lizzy aside and talk to her privately, rather than saying things in front of others.  Same for Eddy and Shane.

I haven’t seen any snide remarks from Francesca either.  Until I’ve witnessed her screaming about a raging case of herpes, I will dismiss all of Kate’s accusations of mistreatment by a chief stew. Kate actually defended Jenna, so her opinion is beyond questionable to me. 

Now Rachel did make a remark on WWHL about also being on the receiving end of a few Francesca remarks, but maybe it occurred in the midst of another raging Rachel moment of threatening to cut off genitals. It’s also possible that Francesca told Rachel to shut her filthy, fucking mouth on the radio where guests may overhear. 🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I may be in the minority, but I am loving this season.  After last season of BD being rife with violence towards women (Kate may be a bitch sometimes, but Ashton's behavior in the van and Kevin's sand-kicking were beyond a measured responses) and BDM weaponizing mental health to gain room assignments (when Hannah could have been fired for just plain insubordination 2 seasons ago), this season of BD has nice, low-stakes conflicts.  Missing caviar?  Incompetent deckies and stews?  Bring it on!  I can watch this show again without having to pop another beta-blocker or having to turn it off and meditate for a half-hour.

I like Rachel and want to see what makes her blow up (if she really does) at the preference sheet meeting.  That Lee still speaks highly of her makes me think it isn't all that big of a deal.  She's remarkably good at her job, puts to bed the stereotype that models don't eat, and, while she has colorful language, she's not hateful toward anyone in the galley.  Well, so far....we still have 6 episodes to go.  She might be a bit torqued up at times, but she's a veritable spa day compared to Malia's ex boyfriend who got mad at toast.

Shane & Elizabeth bring the snark out in me, though.  I've seen almost all of BD and have been on an actual boat so few times I could count them on one hand and I know what order the lines go on.  It isn't that hard.  If Shane thinks he's some great ambassador of the sustainability movement, he's mistaken.  He comes off as a flighty, incompetent airhead and that undercuts any good message he wants to convey.  And if (and it's a HUGE if) what we saw of Francesca's "scolding" of Elizabeth was it, that was hardly a dressing-down.  It was very, very mild.  I think she needs to go before Shane.  He is open to learning, at however slow a pace.  She's not.  And, yikes, she believes in crystals.  There's no educating that.

I can’t get over Rachel’s glee on preparing a dish that has extreme animal suffering, or her laugh when talking about it. I can’t even imagine what sets her off in the next preference meeting, certainly nothing regarding humane treatment of food animals. I’m guessing the guests don’t have refined taste and request food that they would like to eat, versus allowing Rachel to preen in their praise of her fancy pants dishes.  

On WWHL, Rachel said she auditioned for ANTM on a lark and was rejected. She wasn’t a model. 

I agree on Shane and Elizabeth. I wouldn’t mind seeing them both gone, or at least Liz being stripped of her second stripe. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, esco1822 said:

achel seems to be the most competent chef ever on BD. Her food all looks incredible

i was amazed at what she put out for the B'day dinner- all on her own. Her meltdown over the missing caviar I could  totally understand; but she did a whole mess of work outside of that. I'm a pretty confident home cook but that was a LOT of work.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

If this fucking twit and his satchel of paper straws isn’t sent packing. Totally useless! 🖕🏻

He was probably cast because he said he would try to bring a message.

And probably encouraged to bring paper straws and foist it on guests and other crew.

Also doesn't seem likely that he would think on his own it would be a good idea to go swimming during a shift or to go take a nap.

It's like Rhylee, being prodded to talk about being a captain on the Alaska trawler all the time or aggressively confronting other cast except the captain.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

Rachel mentioned Tsar Ossetra Imperial Caviar so many times I had to look it up. She said it was ridiculously expensive-- and it is.

https://www.petrossian.com/tsar-imperial-ossetra-caviar

Nothing evokes the decadent age of the Tsars like the potent aromatics of Ossetra caviar filling your senses. This is a pure expression of heritage techniques, evoking our century of sophistication and savoir-faire.

I'd try it but I don't want to eat like a decadent Tsar.

Maybe if there's another brand which isn't for Tsar-wannabes ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They have actually become sort of popular in service to use as a decanter because they pour nicely so it’s entirely possible. Or they could be like other wine snob’s I know and bring their own shit on vacation.

Wine snobs want a stream of wine to chug down their gullets?  If you mean wine snobs who drop famous vintages and vintners but don't really appreciate the wines.

I can see trying it once or twice since it's some tradition but did they really pack those giant decanters in their bags?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, aghst said:

Wine snobs want a stream of wine to chug down their gullets?

No, people I know who are into wine often bring their own decanters and glasses on vacations, they even have suitcase inserts to do it. 

• Useful 2

I thought there was a missed opportunity on WWHL last night - instead of the secret word being "Eddie" it really should have been "sustainability."  Shane is a major snoozefest.

And what was with Andy being surprised there were blonde-haired, green eyed Jews?  Stereotyping much Andy?  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

i was amazed at what she put out for the B'day dinner- all on her own. Her meltdown over the missing caviar I could  totally understand; but she did a whole mess of work outside of that. I'm a pretty confident home cook but that was a LOT of work.

I am in awe of the meals that she cooked. I would love to see her & Chef Kiko from BDM team up.

• Love 8

For what it’s worth I just rewatched this over FaceTime with my BFF and the porrón weren’t just sitting on the table but something the birthday boy left the table to go and get and said something like this was their tradition, he had also clearly done it before.

• Love 2