Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

DO NOT MENTION FUTURE INFORMATION TAKEN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA OR OTHER SOURCES IN THE EPISODE THREAD.  TAKE IT TO THE CHARACTER THREAD WHERE SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE, GO TO THE CHARACTER THREAD.  

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, chuckity said:

As someone who buys Scott's because we have a septic system (like 1/4 of the country) there are two kinds of Scotts.  

One for RVs and the like that is rapid dissolving, and the other that is simple septic safe.

Rick bought the septic safe version.  Like me.  Because I don't want to spend $30,000 on another septic system.  

I don't use the Scott marketed to RVs; I use the same stuff Rick bought.  There's a reason they can get 1000 sheets on a roll. 

Back when I used to go to friends' houses, I would revel in the multi-ply cushiness.

3 hours ago, stcroix said:

Gina should ditch those cheap extensions for good.  She looks so much better with her natural hair. 

She looked great.  Women almost always look younger and fresher with shorter hair, and I'll never understand why they like lank hair that drags down their faces.  Especially ones with long faces, like Braunwyn.

6 hours ago, lasu said:

Come summertime, I always laugh that men aren't smart enough to wear dresses. 

Ooh, I hate wearing dresses in the summer because my bare thighs rub up against each other, way up at the top.  Maybe it's because I have skinny legs and the very top part is the only part that touches, but it drives me crazy.  I much prefer having some fabric up in there, keeping things separate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Shannon just seemed to  whine through this whole episode!  What the bloody hell is WRONG with her?  She makes John's son Joe go away because he saw his friends but when the twins SNEAK OUT AND GO TO A PARTY.....  SHE WHINES IN STEREO!  What a noodge.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, stcroix said:

I LIKE how the women look without all those horrific fake looking extensions, heavy false eyelashes and huge thick fake nails! It was refreshing to see Emily and Gina in their normal look.  Gina should ditch those cheap extensions for good.  She looks so much better with her natural hair.  And I know we all know that Shannon has lung issues (insert her signature example cough here) but Emily has been diagnosed with an auto immune disease (rheumatoid arthritis) and is highly susceptible to illnesses.  I love how she doesn't make a big deal out of it.  I haven't liked Emily or Gina until now but they've shown me they are much more normal and watchable than the others on the show.  I'm no longer in the 'Get Rid of Emily and Gina' camp.  Kick Shannon and especially Brauwyn out! Boring and crazy.

PS-- I think Brauwyn's timid husband is afraid of her but also is afraid to leave her with the kids.  Wouldn't she get custody? If she admits to abusing him, you know she's also abusing or emotionally abusing those kids. 

She admitted it to millions on TV so would he get custody?

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She looked great.  Women almost always look younger and fresher with shorter hair, and I'll never understand why they like lank hair that drags down their faces.  Especially ones with long faces, like Braunwyn.

YES!  I'm one of those that think shorter looks so much better as you age.  The mermaid hair rarely looks good on anyone past 35.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:52 PM, HeddaGabler said:

I was wondering the same thingC! Not that I have any right to diagnose anyone's mental health, but my observation is that she most certainly behaves in a sometimes manic/sometimes depressive way. It makes me wonder if her daughter's issues (OCD, anxiety) are simply responses to her mother's erratic and dominating ways. 

Could be.  She definitely looked to be in the throes of something when she was confused by the washer.  Or like she was having the shakes from alcohol withdrawal.  

• Love 2
On 12/11/2020 at 3:31 PM, amarante said:

I don’t give a rat’s patootie about someone’s sexual orientation. I am not shocked or appalled that Jacob wants to dress in drag. 

I just don’t think it is the wisest move to use it as a storyline on a reality television show. I don’t think he will be bullied or whatever in school and I don’t think Jacob particularly cares if at school he doesn’t hang with the football sorority boring crowd. 

I just think it is exploitative and poor parenting to use any minors as a storyline because it will follow them the rest of their lives and not because there is a stigma attached to gay or trans but because NO adolescent should have to showcase their lives on television except in the most superficial way. 

There is a reason why the wisest celebrity parents go to great lengths to AVOID having their kids’ private lives exposed in any manner. 

I’m guessing right now they feel protected by the Bravo bubble. Jacob probably has some fans applauding him.  
Personally, I think Braunwyn likes it because it gets her more attention. 
I noticed in this episode that Sean really seems like a nice guy who just wants to make her happy.  So he laughed at her struggle with a vacuum cleaner (as he should) and that pushed her over the top? 
I enjoyed doing some household projects during quarantine. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m guessing right now they feel protected by the Bravo bubble. Jacob probably has some fans applauding him.  
Personally, I think Braunwyn likes it because it gets her more attention. 
I noticed in this episode that Shaun really seems like a nice guy who just wants to make her happy.  So he laughed at her struggle with a vacuum cleaner (as he should) and that pushed her over the top? 
I enjoyed doing some household projects during quarantine. 

I cannot imagine what Sean gets out of this marriage.  I mean, at some point, I'm sure having threesomes with his alcoholic attention whoring nag of a wife gets old.  Was his mom a carbon copy of Braun?  Is she a beard?  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Shannon just seemed to  whine through this whole episode!  What the bloody hell is WRONG with her?  She makes John's son Joe go away because he saw his friends but when the twins SNEAK OUT AND GO TO A PARTY.....  SHE WHINES IN STEREO!  What a noodge.

I actually *agree* with Shannon about her kids (i.e. they are needlessly putting her life at risk for the sake of partying), but, my god, she is just so darned histrionic and unlikeable that it’s tough to remember that. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I actually *agree* with Shannon about her kids (i.e. they are needlessly putting her life at risk for the sake of partying), but, my god, she is just so darned histrionic and unlikeable that it’s tough to remember that. 

Not to mention, these kids have grown up with this woman who has never had a healthy day in her life...likely according to the Quack she goes to.  They probably tired of the histrionics and it's cry wolf to them. It makes me wonder if she was ever diagnosed by an actual MD with the stuff she claims to have and then actually got treated with someone other than crystals.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Not to mention, these kids have grown up with this woman who has never had a healthy day in her life...likely according to the Quack she goes to.  They probably tired of the histrionics and it's cry wolf to them. It makes me wonder if she was ever diagnosed by an actual MD with the stuff she claims to have and then actually got treated with someone other than crystals.  

That’s a good point. I can’t imagine how whacked out the kids sense of proportional risk is at this point. Shannon has always treated small inconveniences and major crisis with roughly the same level of histrionics. Teenagers don’t have a great sense of their own mortality anyway and when you grow up with a mom who is always in crisis how would you recognize a real one. Why should they take COVID19 more seriously than Shannon’s belief that cell phones and wifi are giving them cancer? I mean, I know why they should but do they?

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Braunwyn definitely wears the pants in her marriage. When she first came on the show I just thought Sean was a laid back free spirit type of husband. Now I think he has emotional issues with women haha. I've always liked Shane so it was nice seeing him and Emily enjoying each other's company. I much like Gina's hair like a bob haircut over the mom hairstyle. I even miss her hair extensions lol. She was very honest with Elizabeth on video chat lol. I'm shocked Shannon's boyfriend is happy with her lol I guess opposites really do attract. Braunwyn looked really stressed and tired this episode. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, amarante said:

I don’t give a rat’s patootie about someone’s sexual orientation. I am not shocked or appalled that Jacob wants to dress in drag. 

I just don’t think it is the wisest move to use it as a storyline on a reality television show. I don’t think he will be bullied or whatever in school and I don’t think Jacob particularly cares if at school he doesn’t hang with the football sorority boring crowd. 

I just think it is exploitative and poor parenting to use any minors as a storyline because it will follow them the rest of their lives and not because there is a stigma attached to gay or trans but because NO adolescent should have to showcase their lives on television except in the most superficial way. 

There is a reason why the wisest celebrity parents go to great lengths to AVOID having their kids’ private lives exposed in any manner. 

This is a very good point. Earlier seasons that focused on some of the kids and their not so great choices or lack of motivation did not turn out well and I’m sure it was only highlighted or possibly some result of being part of reality tv. Many of them got into trouble with the law  or made really questionable choices after ( the Curtian girls, the Knickerbocker girls, Josh, I’m sure there are more) Also I remember seeing  in interviews in the 100th espiode special several of the kids saying how the stigma from how they acted on th show has followed them long after even though they have grown.

Yes the situation with Brownies kid is different but the point is whatever they are putting out there now ( and it is great he is comfortable enough to be who is and own it ) will follow him long after and he is not old enough or mature enough to understand this now and could possibly regret it later. His mother on the other hand SHOULD know better. 

Edited by PixieDust
  • Love 7
On 12/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, Jel said:

Agree! The kitchen rules as dictated by her OCD just sent me over the edge. Here's an idea: instead of having everyone accommodate your anxiety, how about you get some therapy for it?  How about dealing with your own problems, yourself, instead of making them everyone else's problems? Having everyone tiptoe around your obsessive need for "NO CRUMBS" will do nothing to help your OCD -- it'll just feed it. Fact. Get some therapy.  (And tbh she doesn't appear to be someone who has genuine OCD which can be a very serious, life affecting anxiety disorder; she just comes across as very controlling. Either way, get some therapy.)

And Sean -- how terrible he is! What was his egregious offense? Was it closing a window? So much more abusive that domestic violence, right B? She tells that hitting him story like a typical abuser, like he was so awful he drove her to do it. 

And, a grown woman, a stay-at-home mom to boot,  who doesn't know how to operate a washing machine, has the nerve to get question-y about which is the correct wash cycle. Dumbass Sean again! Telling her normal cycle! She wants to know why not the heavy duty cycle! Read the manual, bitch.

And finally -- Braunwyn vs. Elizabeth. Braunwyn demands honesty from her friends! Is this the same Braunwyn who has been dishonest about herself for two seasons? And now can't understand why someone else might not want to spill all details about everything in her life in the first few meetings?

Shannon:  😐  I mean, I felt her anxiety about the teens not taking it seriously, that probably happened in many homes, but the endless carrying on....she's exhausting. No chicken! OMG TP! The paper towels, for the love of God, the paper towels! Won't somebody please think of the paper towels! (She reminds me a little of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry was dating an understudy and she cried about everything, no matter how inconsequential)

Exactly.

Whinewyn doesn't suffer from OCD, she has OCB (Obsessive Compulsive Bitching)

If she doesn't know how to use a vacuum or a washing machine, I doubt she knows how to use a stove or an oven. I'm thinking her liquor stash is in the kitchen and sh can't have her kids or Sean in there looking for a bag of chips.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/12/2020 at 7:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I noticed in this episode that Sean really seems like a nice guy who just wants to make her happy.  So he laughed at her struggle with a vacuum cleaner (as he should) and that pushed her over the top? 

This is even assuming that he did in fact laugh at her. Braunwyn is proving to be a pretty unreliable narrator. The way she chided him in the car for "making light" of her concerns about everyone partying once Covid was over told me everything I need to know about how Braunwyn perceives Sean's behavior. 

9 hours ago, PixieDust said:

This is a very good point. Earlier seasons that focused on some of the kids and their not so great choices or lack of motivation did not turn out well and I’m sure it was only highlighted or possibly some result of being part of reality tv. Many of them got into trouble with the law  or made really questionable choices after ( the Curtian girls, the Knickerbocker girls, Josh, I’m sure there are more) Also I remember seeing  in interviews in the 100th espiode special several of the kids saying how the stigma from how they acted on th show has followed them long after even though they have grown.

I always felt like the kids were part of what made earlier OC such great television. I kind of feel guilty about it, but they all had fascinating storylines. I've often wondered why subsequent kids have never given us so much watchable material. RHoNJ Ashley is really the only other kid who generated some good drama though I might be forgetting someone. 

• Love 3

I think we are seeing BLM protests on the RH shows because that’s what happened this past year when they were filming. Just like we are seeing how COVID affected everyone. Bronwyn going to the protest is one of the only decent things she’s done. I don’t see George Floyd’s murder as having another side.

I went to a very large (3,400) specialized high school in NYC in the 1980s. Gay kids were very “out” and I lived in that bubble so don’t realize how unusual it was at the time. My 1980s high school experience was more tolerant than my son’s much smaller private school in NJ in the past four years. My guess is Jacob’s school is extremely accepting. That said, my son watches with me and said “I am so glad my high school years weren’t on tv.” 

I think Brauwyn could use some inpatient psychiatric care to get stabilized.

When did Gina and Emily become the most likable? When did Emily and Shane become the most stable couple?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 12/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Whinewyn doesn't suffer from OCD, she has OCB (Obsessive Compulsive Bitching)

If she doesn't know how to use a vacuum or a washing machine, I doubt she knows how to use a stove or an oven. I'm thinking her liquor stash is in the kitchen and sh can't have her kids or Sean in there looking for a bag of chips.

Right?  Same episode where she didn't know how to use a fucking washing machine and complained about not having a housekeeper, she then talks about how she gets up early and they show her cleaning the deck.  Which one is it, Brauny?  

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Right?  Same episode where she didn't know how to use a fucking washing machine and complained about not having a housekeeper, she then talks about how she gets up early and they show her cleaning the deck.  Which one is it, Brauny?  

I had to give her the side eye when she talked about how she spends all day cleaning, but had no idea the toaster oven had a crumb tray. She also claimed to be cleaning until 10pm, but last week said that she passes out from drinking early, preventing her from ever having to put the kids to bed. She has as many inconsistencies as Elizabeth.

• Love 11

Watching a marathon as I work this afternoon. Honestly, kind of burnt out with work, hoping this would be entertaining.  Not really. 

Elizabeth - I just cannot stand her. Crying because her divorce was postponed. There were and still are people dying, but sure your divorce and money grab are more important. A 5 year marriage? Gold digger, most def.

Brawny is a nut job who needs attention 24/7.  I am not convinced her alcoholism is for real, but maybe a way to get more attention. With her money, go to a rehab (she started AA before the pandemic). She needed to go to one of those multi diagnostic centers to get to the root of all of her issues. She yelled at her husband for not listening to their daughter, then yelled at both because neither would listen to her story. Yeah, honestly it wasn’t that big of a deal or interesting. Does she think she’s cute when being so inept around the house? You’re not Goldie Hawn in Overboard. Not funny or cute. Just entitled, selfish, and stupid. She could have looked up how to do any of that stuff online.

Kelly is obnoxious. Leave that BS that COVID-19 is just the flu at the front door. Lousy mother, selfishly traveling to NYC because she needed that dick. 

Shannon is another nut. I am strict about where I go, mask wearing, etc. I have enough supplies, but I don’t go screeching at OMG they are out of TP(I actually keep enough on hand, buy ahead, plus I could see from news coverage this could get bad and planned ahead starting in Feb - just in case). That they were all so blindsided kills me. 

The other two are so much more normal than the rest, but none of them took it as seriously as me, my family, and friends.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Shannon is another nut. I am strict about where I go, mask wearing, etc. I have enough supplies, but I don’t go screeching at OMG they are out of TP(I actually keep enough on hand, buy ahead, plus I could see from news coverage this could get bad and planned ahead starting in Feb - just in case). That they were all so blindsided kills me. 

I agree with all of your post but the TP thing blindsided me too.   Even though I live near the first big US outbreak it never occurred to me that there would be a run on toilet paper.   It wasn't until I started seeing people grab it all on TV that I thought hmmm, better head to Costco and yes, they were out.   Luckily, Costco is where I do get TP so we had enough but just barely.  

• Love 1