Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

DO NOT MENTION FUTURE INFORMATION TAKEN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA OR OTHER SOURCES IN THE EPISODE THREAD.  TAKE IT TO THE CHARACTER THREAD WHERE SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE, GO TO THE CHARACTER THREAD.  

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, Steph J said:

Lordy, the only thing more boring than being in lockdown is watching other people in lockdown.

Yeah but these women are insufferable 😩   I have to say I’m shocked at the lack of social distancing and lack of mask wearing.

• Love 6
On 12/9/2020 at 6:39 PM, whydoievencare said:

Braunwyn is actually pretty vile to her husband and her kids - she behaves like a tyrant.  And then to hit her husband?  Braunwyn has presented herself as a victim (of her mother's)  since she's been on the show.  She also would have us think she's just fun and wacky but in fact I find her to be a pretty dark individual who seems to put herself first in her family.  Not likeable at all.  

She seems to be constantly in some rage or meltdown, even in the last episode instead of being a support to her daughter dealing with stress she turned it all about herself not being heard as she spun out of control, she is too disgusting to even look at.

• Love 16
On 12/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, itsadryheat said:

This is the worst episode of all franchises, ever.

and not because Tamara wormed her way into it, just the cherry on the cake. 

This is the worst episode of this franchise I have ever witnessed, the women looked like hell but my jaw literally dropped when they started with Black Lives Matter and George Floyd and go so far as to show Brawly at a protest crying.  WTF RHOC what are you even doing, you never ever have even a word that matters.  I’m so done.

Edited by endure
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I thought it was hilarious when, I think it was Gina and Elizabeth were FaceTiming and they were both wearing hats....yet most of them can’t wear a mask.

I don’t believe Brawly had seven babies and has never done a load of laundry.

Elizabeth for all her supposed financial worth just can’t lose the hillbilly in her.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I guess she didn't like the BLM protests....I actually found it reassuring to see that these women have another side that is civic minded...for the most part I see them as being vapid, vacuous spendthrifts that care more about the kind of cars they drive and the big houses they live in.

Yeah but why all the sudden do they show anything outside of their vapid meaningless lives,  far too much hypocrisy for me to choke on too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, J80134 said:

If Elizabeth isn't drinking any liquor then why is she at the liquor store? I might be more upset than she is that her divorce has been postponed and I have to watch her cry about it.

Not to defend her choices about... anything, but I think she was just at a Vons or something — grocery stores in California sell all manner of liquor. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

And what teenage boy wants to hangout at his dad’s new girlfriend’s house?  It’s not like Shannon has been in this kids life long at all.  

What in hell did Shannon and her boyfriend decide to live together in the first place?  For what purpose?  Six kids that didn’t know each other is not good.  What is wrong with this woman?  Yeah, she loves him.  One day nobody had a boyfriend.  I came back on, and they all had boyfriends all of a sudden.  Plus living with them.  I must have been in a coma.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What in hell did Shannon and her boyfriend decide to live together in the first place?  For what purpose?  Six kids that didn’t know each other is not good.  What is wrong with this woman?  Yeah, she loves him.  One day nobody had a boyfriend.  I came back on, and they all had boyfriends all of a sudden.  Plus living with them.  I must have been in a coma.

Shannon appears to be one of those women who can’t be alone / without a man.  I mean, she’s so “vulnerable” to COVID that she threw that crying fit about his son who broke the rules, “kicked him out,” yet allowed him back in the same week?  And at the end of the day it was her angelic daughters that brought COVID into her bubble.  

I’m also not too sure why you would allow a man and his sons that you’ve known less than a year cohabitate with your daughters in the home, either.  

• Love 20
On 12/9/2020 at 9:04 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Bravo getting political and one-sided has succeeded in getting me to quit this show after 14+ seasons.  Not even weaning off, I’m just done.  That’s two in one week.  If they keep this up, I’ll have enough time to get another degree online or something.  If my income skyrockets in about four years, I’ll have Andy Cohen to thank!  💋

I hear you but Bravo has always been political and one-sided. They just have a better forum for it now. 

Shannon really got on my nerves. She is a basket case. So dramatic and self-absorbed!

Braunwyn is also insufferable. She gives recovery a bad name. I now understand why everyone stopped speaking to her.

Watching it I felt like I was cooped-up with them. It was unsettling so I fast-forwarded through most of the show. 

When is the last episode? It can't end soon enough. I just want to see the reunion. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t care about any of these hags political views. The only advice I would take from any of them is where to get Botox, and the best deal on term life. Thanks for sucking the fun out of everything Bravo. 

Actually I use them as a guide for not overdoing botox and fillers and that it's better to have lines than look like you're embalmed.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I’m also not too sure why you would allow a man and his sons that you’ve known less than a year cohabitate with your daughters in the home, either.  

My thought about both Shannon and Gina, new relationships take time to grow, adding in kids means treading lightly till everyone is use to each other and there is trust and respect, pushing everyone in together is tricky if it is too soon, those women should find out what kind of person those men are in all facets of life before inflicting a forced happy family scenario.

That said, I want to know if those men own their own homes or what their living circumstances were prior to moving in to a home that their girlfriend pays for, seriously if I am going to have a relationship when I have kids living under my roof that man should not be broke and depending on my bank account.  What does Shannon's man do for a living? What does Gina's man do for a living?  

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Grammar.
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought about both Shannon and Gina, new relationships take time to grow, adding in kids means treading lightly till everyone is used to each other and there is trust and respect, pushing everyone in together is tricky if it is too soon, those women should find out what kind of person those men are in all facets of life before inflicting a forced happy family scenario.

That said, I want to know if those men own their own homes or what their living circumstances were prior to moving in to a home that their girlfriend pays for, seriously if I am going to have a relationship when I have kids living under my roof that man should not be broke and depending on my bank account.  What does Shannon's man do for a living? What does Gina's man do for a living?  

Amen.  It took me a long, long time to introduce my daughter to my boyfriend.  I don't understand why people move so quckly, especially on the heals of a nasty divorce.  Shannon's girls are teens; I wouldn't trust the horny teens cohabitating.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

Amen.  It took me a long, long time to introduce my daughter to my boyfriend.  I don't understand why people move so quckly, especially on the heals of a nasty divorce.  Shannon's girls are teens; I wouldn't trust the horny teens cohabitating.

My kids were 9 and 13, I started dating my now husband in September and we had a dinner with the kids in February...it was a very slow process.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I find it odd that none of the Brownie’s kids really look like them. Maybe Shawn had plastic surgery? Granted, I haven’t gotten a good look at all of them but other than the baby I don’t see much of a resemblance.

Yes.  I've been looking at the kids and thinking the same thing.  It's weird to me.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It would be ironic, but not highly surprising, if Bravo became increasingly irrelevant, as it is not making an effort to keep up with the times, and is instead taking the position of the woke-scold great grandmother.  

Yep.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought about both Shannon and Gina, new relationships take time to grow, adding in kids means treading lightly till everyone is use to each other and there is trust and respect, pushing everyone in together is tricky if it is too soon, those women should find out what kind of person those men are in all facets of life before inflicting a forced happy family scenario.

The show is probably their living.  How can one have a steady normal job and film this show also? I’ve always wondered that.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, these poor whiny bitchy spoiled ass women. Quarantined in those huge homes with pools and a short walk to the beach. Wha, wha, wha. STFU!

Yeah.  What’s their problem.  I’d love to be at the beach right now in the sunshine.  Spoiled bitches.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Housewife watchers,

1. This is RHOC. Please do not write posts that are only about other shows, even if they are on Bravo.  People either don't want to know about these or do and may be spoiled if they have not yet watched the episode you are referring to.

2. Do not mention any politicians. No politicians were on the episode so they should not be discussed.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, amarante said:

Like almost everyone I find Elizabeth's statements to be confusing and obviously intended to present a fake image. While I understand why it might have been necessary to not discuss specifics of the divorce while it was on-going it certainly wasn't necessary to be actively deceptive rather than just *discreet*.

I had assumed that Elizabeth had a long term marriage to the ex and to the extent I thought about it, assumed she was equivalent to Sutton from Beverly Hills - e.g. that she had married a guy when they were both relatively young. 

Boy was I wrong and boy does the reality not comport with the smoke screen she is weaving. She was some kind of cocktail waitress when she met the MUCH OLDER man - just the same as any other regulation gold digger. His first wife was more of less a childhood sweetheart - married when he was poor and had three children. And then divorced.

Elizabeth was only married to him in 2012 and divorce proceedings started in 2017 - this is so NOT the kind of relationship she continues to spin. Am I the only person who assumed this was a long term relationship? In general it is not uncommon for older men marrying trophies to NOT want children from the trophy marriage and to have a prenup in place - seems as though she was attempting to go beyond the terms of the prenup.

And the divorce settlement seems fairly generous for someone with a five year marriage and no kids. She is getting $31,000 per month but that sum also specifically includes the $11,000 mortgage on the beach house as well as the lease payments on the Bentley and Rolls - why is it that these fake rich people have leases on cars. So $360,000 a year in alimony paid until she dies or remarries. With alimony (unlike child support) she pays taxes. It's a nice amount but it doesn't make her obscenely wealthy - taxes on the beach house (for example) would be at least $2000 per month.

I posted this exposition because the reality stands in such stark comparison with the narrative and image she presented. Even with all the inconsistencies, she was consistent about purporting to have been in a long term marriage and was absolutely emotionally crushed yada yada yada. Am I being cynical to just believe that she is your run of the mill gold digger who was replaced by a shinier trophy and is  now *crushed* because the prenup provided her with a nice but not extravagant amount after the divorce.

Exactly.  Should she get something out of her marriage: yes.  Do I believe she and her benefactor weren't carrying on while he was still married like she says:  no.  

I'd rather have shows where the women are successful b/c of their own smarts -- not b/c of whom they married.  But I guess if we applied that standard, only Emily would remain.  Then again, is Emily successful on her own or is the house she lives in bought by inlaws?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

As with other Housewives that have had these vow renewals, the track record is pretty bad on how long they stay married after the ceremony. To me, it just seems like Bravo is being lazy by punching out another vow renewal script instead of coming up with a new idea. How many of these do we have to see? We already know that by the next season the couple getting the vow renewal will be broken up and divorced. 

Now I think that's the only reason I want to see them -- to see the divorce later.

I'm really, really not interested in anyone's vow renewal.  Including someone I know in real life.  Yeah, you're married. Great.  Have an anniversary party sure, but I'm no interested in a ceremony.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

John has one son and two daughters. John and his kids don't live with Shannon. John has his own place which is why it was easy to leave Shannon's and go back home with his son. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

The show is probably their living.  How can one have a steady normal job and film this show also? I’ve always wondered that.

John is the vice president of an insurance company and has his own home. They decided to quarantine together because it's a tough time for everyone, but Shannon has said she's not interested in shacking up with someone who's not her husband. I also seriously doubt that she would be interested in a man who was not self-sufficient. 

Gina and Travis, on the other hand, are definitely living together and will continue to post-pandemic. What he does for a living appears to be a mystery.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

The depth of stupidity in some of these women is just unbelievable! I fully expected Kelly to be a Covid denier and I wasn’t surprised that Elizabeth jumped on that bandwagon. Comparing Covid to AIDS?? I laughed at Emily talking about that.  I didn’t expect to see Emily, an educated woman who actually has a working  brain, out with the other idiots without a mask. 

Because they were filming, I'm sure they were following all of the protocols and they and their households were getting regularly tested and restricting non-housewife activities.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Does Shannon's boyfriend not have a home? Why isn't he at his home with his kids? Or why aren't they with their mother? I suspect like someone earlier said no cameras at his house. Shannon has 3 teenage daughters why is she bringing a man and his kids into her house in the middle of a pandemic? Let them stay in thier home and do what they want to do. On the other hand it looks like it was her daughters who brought Covid into her home. 

My understanding from something I’ve thought John said in an interview or somewhere, is that he raised his kids.  I’m not sure if their mother died or if she left the picture early on, but that’s what I took away from the situation. 

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, Saltgypsie said:

Now i know why Sean had a panic sticken look on his face & started pacifying Brauwyn when she went off about not being able to talk..he was afraid of her..thereas more to this than a slap here and there..

I also feel like Brauny thinks her abusing her husband makes her even that much more complex.    I'm bisexual, wait, gay, never been attracted to men even though I just had a vow renewal ceremony!  Now not only am I am alcoholic lesbian never attracted to my husband, I'm also abusive!  This one goes to 11! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I guess she didn't like the BLM protests....I actually found it reassuring to see that these women have another side that is civic minded...for the most part I see them as being vapid, vacuous spendthrifts that care more about the kind of cars they drive and the big houses they live in.

That’s what I thought, but I didn’t want to assume. 😟

• Love 3

I firmly believe Braunwyn is for real, but I think spousal abuse should be taken extremely seriously, regardless of which gender direction it goes. None of her other nonsense has bothered me, but I will be quite bothered if they allow her to continue on the show without going to some sort of anger management.  This should be taken as seriously as if Sean admitted to hitting her.

I think it's ironic that so many people think Braunwyn's son shouldn't be on tv because he might get bullied at school, but I'd be willing to wager a bet his own peers are far more accepting than we are showing to be.

I loved Emily having accidental sex.  I liked that she mocked trying to compare covid to aids.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, endure said:

Yeah but why all the sudden do they show anything outside of their vapid meaningless lives,  far too much hypocrisy for me to choke on too.

You make a valid point...especially in the case of Braunwyn who seems like the poster child for white privilege...she's never done a load of laundry since she was 18? That was just insane.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, lasu said:

I firmly believe Braunwyn is for real, but I think spousal abuse should be taken extremely seriously, regardless of which gender direction it goes. None of her other nonsense has bothered me, but I will be quite bothered if they allow her to continue on the show without going to some sort of anger management.  This should be taken as seriously as if Sean admitted to hitting her.

I think it's ironic that so many people think Braunwyn's son shouldn't be on tv because he might get bullied at school, but I'd be willing to wager a bet his own peers are far more accepting than we are showing to be.

I loved Emily having accidental sex.  I liked that she mocked trying to compare covid to aids.

Hmmm...don't know if Jacob's peers are so accepting of his clothing choices. I just read that Alicia Silverstone's 11 year old son was bullied at surfing camp for having waist length hair. It got so bad he demanded that it be cut. So, I think that Jacob might have a small group of like minded peers who are "different" than the majority of kids at their school but are probably seen as outcasts like the Goth kids for example. Having put three kids through high school myself I can honestly say that high school hasn't changed that much since I was in high school in terms of peer pressure, peer bullying and hazing. Any guy going to school in full make up, dresses, heels and a wig would most likely be the target of some sort of bullying...verbal and/or online. 

• Love 13
On 12/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I find it odd that none of the Brownie’s kids really look like them. Maybe Shawn had plastic surgery? Granted, I haven’t gotten a good look at all of them but other than the baby I don’t see much of a resemblance.

I think with makeup on, Rowan resembles her mom.  Same sort of longish face (the faces don't look longish in this photo though).

braunwyn-rowan-windham-burke-ocd.jpg?ito

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Doesn't Emily work as a lawyer. I remember Vicky mentioned a few times that she worked in the Insurance industry.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Hmmm...don't know if Jacob's peers are so accepting of his clothing choices. I just read that Alicia Silverstone's 11 year old son was bullied at surfing camp for having waist length hair. It got so bad he demanded that it be cut. So, I think that Jacob might have a small group of like minded peers who are "different" than the majority of kids at their school but are probably seen as outcasts like the Goth kids for example. Having put three kids through high school myself I can honestly say that high school hasn't changed that much since I was in high school in terms of peer pressure, peer bullying and hazing. Any guy going to school in full make up, dresses, heels and a wig would most likely be the target of some sort of bullying...verbal and/or online. 

I didn't say they would be perfectly accepted, just that his peers views are probably more tolerant than what we are showing here.  He's just wearing clothes and make up.  I think it's good that he's normalizing ending gender specific clothing.  Come summertime, I always laugh that men aren't smart enough to wear dresses.  He's fine, he'll be fine. He seems smart enough to know what may happen and would rather be comfortable in his own skin and clothing than worry about that.  Even if ends up being a man who dresses in traditionally male-gendered clothing, it's not like the fact he wore a dress when he was 14 is going to prevent him from getting a job.  I just don't see it as that big of a deal.  Now, do I think ANY of the kids should be on TV?  Nope, not really.  But I don't find this more or less egregious than any of the other housewives using their kids for storylines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, lasu said:

I didn't say they would be perfectly accepted, just that his peers views are probably more tolerant than what we are showing here.  He's just wearing clothes and make up.  I think it's good that he's normalizing ending gender specific clothing.  Come summertime, I always laugh that men aren't smart enough to wear dresses.  He's fine, he'll be fine. He seems smart enough to know what may happen and would rather be comfortable in his own skin and clothing than worry about that.  Even if ends up being a man who dresses in traditionally male-gendered clothing, it's not like the fact he wore a dress when he was 14 is going to prevent him from getting a job.  I just don't see it as that big of a deal.  Now, do I think ANY of the kids should be on TV?  Nope, not really.  But I don't find this more or less egregious than any of the other housewives using their kids for storylines.

Swell...I hope you are right. I think that in certain parts of the country Jacob would be having a hard time and would not be accepted. He's fortunate to live in area that is probably more open to his lifestyle choices. Not so much in many parts of the country unfortunately. Having had a child who was bullied in middle school and in high school for being "different"...for his autism, I have a very different viewpoint on this. There still is that "herd" mentality amongst teens and life can be very difficult for a young teen that is finding his/her own way.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I loved that the toilet paper Rick brought home was the Scott 1000 sheets per roll stuff.  One-ply sandpaper.  I have to use it because doesn't cause problems in my RV's holding tanks.  The way you know that is by doing a "dissolve" test, where you put some in a glass of water and shake it up to verify that it falls apart quickly.  Quick-dissolving-when-wet is not a desirable trait in toilet paper for its intended purpose.  Enjoy, Kelly!

He is most definitely not growing up in a healthy environment.

As someone who buys Scott's because we have a septic system (like 1/4 of the country) there are two kinds of Scotts.  

One for RVs and the like that is rapid dissolving, and the other that is simple septic safe.

Rick bought the septic safe version.  Like me.  Because I don't want to spend $30,000 on another septic system.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Swell...I hope you are right. I think that in certain parts of the country Jacob would be having a hard time and would not be accepted. He's fortunate to live in area that is probably more open to his lifestyle choices. Not so much in many parts of the country unfortunately. Having had a child who was bullied in middle school and in high school for being "different"...for his autism, I have a very different viewpoint on this. There still is that "herd" mentality amongst teens and life can be very difficult for a young teen that is finding his/her own way.

Believe it or not, that's why I think it's kinda cool he's doing it (again, I'm actually opposed to him being on TV at all, I'm just not more opposed to it when he's wearing a dress).  He is in an environment were it is going to be more accepted that he doesn't conform to gender norms, and hopefully that will give hope to kids in other parts of the country where there is less acceptance of anything other than strict conformity.  I think normalizing not being "normal" benefits us all.

• Love 9

I LIKE how the women look without all those horrific fake looking extensions, heavy false eyelashes and huge thick fake nails! It was refreshing to see Emily and Gina in their normal look.  Gina should ditch those cheap extensions for good.  She looks so much better with her natural hair.  And I know we all know that Shannon has lung issues (insert her signature example cough here) but Emily has been diagnosed with an auto immune disease (rheumatoid arthritis) and is highly susceptible to illnesses.  I love how she doesn't make a big deal out of it.  I haven't liked Emily or Gina until now but they've shown me they are much more normal and watchable than the others on the show.  I'm no longer in the 'Get Rid of Emily and Gina' camp.  Kick Shannon and especially Brauwyn out! Boring and crazy.

PS-- I think Brauwyn's timid husband is afraid of her but also is afraid to leave her with the kids.  Wouldn't she get custody? If she admits to abusing him, you know she's also abusing or emotionally abusing those kids. 

• Love 12

Has Shannon been diagnosed with brochiawhatever it was?  Or is this a diagnosis from Dr. Moon so he can sell her some bullshit treatment?

It's hard for me to imagine John and Shannon really a couple.  It seems like mother/son relationship.  I'm going with him loving the TV time.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7
On 12/10/2020 at 6:51 AM, Mu Shu said:

But why is he still with her? Sure there are 17 kids, but he has nannies. Maybe he’s doing the show to expose her? She’s admitted to being black out drunk, she’s admitted to battering him in front of the children, and she expects to be supported in a luxurious lifestyle while contributing nothing, not even spousal affection. I’m not an attorney, but it looks like he has grounds for custody. 

What a sack of shit she is. I don’t care how many protests she attended, how many dresses she buys for her son, or that’s she’s gay. She may be “woke”, but she’s an abusive asshole. I don’t want to hear about it being due to alcohol. My guess is that’s she’s even worse sober.

Jesus whatever your name is Bruiser Whine‘S husband, get the fuck out now. Of course you’ll have to pay her lazy ass for life, but you won’t have to get your ass beaten anymore. He should have ran the second she told him she never wanted to work. What’s the appeal? Her personality is awful, she looks like a boiled lobster, and she’s a gold digger. Usually gold diggers have some appeal. 

Maybe he just likes to be on t.v.  Why else would he be staying?   Or, maybe she gives good sex.  Maybe he likes to be abused.  I don’t know.  Maybe he doesn’t want to take the kids away from their mother even tho she’s a nut job.

• Love 2