Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: I Think You're My Future Wife

• Start Topic

UGH!  I already pay enough money to watch trashy TV!!  I hate that networks are doing this.  NBC did it with their Peacock bullshit and moved a whole bunch of the EPL games from NBCSports to the streaming service that you have to pay extra for.  Why can't they just dump The Family Chantel and the Strikes Back crap onto Discovery+ and keep everything else like it is....

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

UGH!  I already pay enough money to watch trashy TV!!  I hate that networks are doing this.  NBC did it with their Peacock bullshit and moved a whole bunch of the EPL games from NBCSports to the streaming service that you have to pay extra for.  Why can't they just dump The Family Chantel and the Strikes Back crap onto Discovery+ and keep everything else like it is....

And take Darcey and Stacey over there as well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why wouldn't a fast food manager wear a watch?

Yeah, what the hell?  He works 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off, and he's going to be home for only 2 weeks after she gets there.  Seems to me he'd plan for her to get there at the beginning of the 4-week period.

I think it's insane for him to even consider this.  He has a great life right now--a cool job that he's rather uniquely qualified for, pays well, and suits his desire to travel a lot.  I'm not convinced that the girl was pregnant, and I would hope that the only "lesson" he learned from it would be to be more careful, not to upend his life on an extreme deadline.

I love the way Cajuns say the word "marriage."  It reminds me of how the Mississippi Delta bluesmen pronounce "work" as "woik."

Jovi definitely didn't think this one through.  I hope she didn't fake a pregnancy,  because that's one of the most disgusting things someone can do.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Honestly, this would work out better for me. Although I'm against these new apps on principle, since cutting the cable cord I currently pay Philo $30 a month and I really only watch TLC and Discovery channel shows on it. 

I will begrudgingly be paying for it as well.

Not for TLC programming, but apparently they're shuffling some ID Discovery programs over to the streaming app as well.  

I could have shrugged off the TLC programming, but I can't do without my ID Discovery programs.  😕

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I will begrudgingly be paying for it as well.

I probably will as well, just because some of the other programming sounds interesting to me.  Plus I have the $5 I saved from getting rid of Peacock, right?  (love how I can justify this!)  Plus I might switch to Philo after the SuperBowl.........hmmmm.......

• Love 1

I am not going to cave in.  I’m already paying $235 for regular cable and Internet as well as whatever for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon prime.  I remember when cable TV was a new thing and the draw was that there were no commercials. Ha ha ha what a joke.  I don’t need to watch these goofy people bounce around on their beds watching TV. It was fun while it lasted.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

I am not going to cave in.  I’m already paying $235 for regular cable and Internet as well as whatever for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon prime.  I remember when cable TV was a new thing and the draw was that there were no commercials. Ha ha ha what a joke.  I don’t need to watch these goofy people bounce around on their beds watching TV. It was fun while it lasted.

I'm with you, and I am confident that we won't miss anything.  If so, we'll read it here. (Thank you, Primetimers, for allowing me to be a freerider)

TLC is promoting tell-alls with Shaun Robertson, which we already know are tell-nothings.  And, their advertisements include Russ & Pao, Libby & Andrrrei, and other oversaturated famewhores.  They've already dilluted the brand so much that they present Skyla, Emma, Jen, and River as cast.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I probably will as well, just because some of the other programming sounds interesting to me.  Plus I have the $5 I saved from getting rid of Peacock, right?  (love how I can justify this!) 

I should introduce you to my friend who, many many years ago, told me, "I saved $800 today."  How???  "I didn't buy a couch."

1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

I'm with you, and I am confident that we won't miss anything.  If so, we'll read it here. (Thank you, Primetimers, for allowing me to be a freerider)

TLC is promoting tell-alls with Shaun Robertson, which we already know are tell-nothings.  And, their advertisements include Russ & Pao, Libby & Andrrrei, and other oversaturated famewhores.  They've already dilluted the brand so much that they present Skyla, Emma, Jen, and River as cast.  

It's one thing to watch a Tell All and get maybe a minute or two of decent stuff among hours of nothing.  That's just my time.  But they want me to pay money, too?  No way, and in terms of quality of life, they'll probably be doing me a favor.

I'm not sure how the snark will register if I'm not watching the show at all, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.  In fact, this is probably a good time for them to do this, because I'm adjusting to losing so many things due to COVID, this is just one more.  Adiós, and thanks for making the decision to stop watching this shit for me.  I was too weak.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I should introduce you to my friend who, many many years ago, told me, "I saved $800 today."  How???  "I didn't buy a couch."

It's one thing to watch a Tell All and get maybe a minute or two of decent stuff among hours of nothing.  That's just my time.  But they want me to pay money, too?  No way, and in terms of quality of life, they'll probably be doing me a favor.

I'm not sure how the snark will register if I'm not watching the show at all, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.  In fact, this is probably a good time for them to do this, because I'm adjusting to losing so many things due to COVID, this is just one more.  Adiós, and thanks for making the decision to stop watching this shit for me.  I was too weak.

Yes, as much as I say "Oh sure, I will fork over $5" there is a part of me that does not want to see Angela and Skyla EVER again, or see people kiss the butts of the Jenny and Sumits of the universe.  To me, the day to decide is a LOOONG way away.  Although I will maintain that to watch people chap on House Hunters could be fun.  "I am a pert time gerbil trainer, and my spouse sells used shoelaces.  Our budget is 1.2 million!"

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I have watched more of this garbage than I care to admit and even I can’t remember who “Emma” and “Jen” are. Is the 90 Day Universe eating holes in my brain or are they just scraping the bottom of the barrel?

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I saved a lot of money by switching to the AT&T TV streaming service with a Roku.  I pay about a third of what I used to with satellite.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I have watched more of this garbage than I care to admit and even I can’t remember who “Emma” and “Jen” are. Is the 90 Day Universe eating holes in my brain or are they just scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Emma is Tom's sister.  I had to think hard about "Jen" but I think that's referring to Elizabeth's sister?

• Useful 3
15 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Emma is Tom's sister.  I had to think hard about "Jen" but I think that's referring to Elizabeth's sister?

Yes - That's who I meant.  But, there was also Jennifferrrr with Teem, and possibly a Jen somewhere in one of the first seasons.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

And, their advertisements include Russ & Pao, Libby & Andrrrei, and other oversaturated famewhores. 

That reminds me, on my onscreen programming guide the “cast” of the new season I saw listed as “Elizabeth Potthast.”

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
3 hours ago, TazDevil said:

Jen was part of the breastfeeding coven, remember?

Jen was the only non-lactating member 

On 12/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per the whole boundary-less conversation on birth control with Howdy Doody, Mom and Dad:  I wanted Mom to leave and Dad to look square at him and say:  "Do you ejaculate inside of her?  Yes or no?  Because you are NOT bringing a baby home here.  Sorry not sorry, we are done raising kids.  You are 27, not 17."

I think the mom and dad are inciting this riot by allowing him to bring her to their bome!

He spent all his money being a big shot now he and his girlfriend make a baby at mom and dads!

I hope the old folks are prepared to raise another child!

Gosh I hate how Natalie talks!  What's wrong with her mouth,  teeth,  jaw???

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

That reminds me, on my onscreen programming guide the “cast” of the new season I saw listed as “Elizabeth Potthast.”

Jen was the only non-lactating member 

I tried to forget this but you are right!!

9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think the mom and dad are inciting this riot by allowing him to bring her to their home!

He spent all his money being a big shot now he and his girlfriend make a baby at mom and dads!

I hope the old folks are prepared to raise another child!

Gosh I hate how Natalie talks!  What's wrong with her mouth,  teeth,  jaw???

Yes they are agreeing to this shitshow that is about to happen by allowing her to LIVE there.

Not sure if Natalie has a true problem with her jaw or she just talks in an odd way.  

• Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, Dirtybubble said:

From what I've read the new Discovery + streaming service covers all of the shows under that umbrella:  Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, etc. plus there will be original programming.  I follow Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs on all social media and he has a new show coming out on that platform so I'll probably get it for that and the Comedians on the Couch sounds good.

As far as Pillow Talk only being available thru the new streaming service--yeah that sucks but if I have the service anyhow for the shows mentioned above then yeah I will totally watch along with probably the old episodes of 90 Days as well.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this in Canada.  As Discovery Canada is owned partly by Bell which provides satellite TV.  They are not going to want it cutting into their profits with a separate streaming service.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, Colfrmb said:

Eventually what will happen is the amount people will pay for WiFi and streaming channels will be just as much as we paid for cable.  I have Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+.  I tried Hulu but didn't like it, and I don't like Peacock either.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Eventually what will happen is the amount people will pay for WiFi and streaming channels will be just as much as we paid for cable.  I have Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+.  I tried Hulu but didn't like it, and I don't like Peacock either.

I am switching to Philo next week, plus there is an app for free local channels.  I am cheap, what can I say?  Or shall I say budget friendly?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am switching to Philo next week, plus there is an app for free local channels.  I am cheap, what can I say?  Or shall I say budget friendly?

Yep, and the good thing is that, unlike cable, you can take breaks from the app. There are no contracts. I generally "pause" at least one of my subscriptions each month. I like Philo. I only ever watched around 5 channels on cable and I can now access them through other apps, some free. 

So far none of these are jumping out at me as particularly likeable. In fact, NotBon Jovi gives me a visceral reaction every time I see him. 

I know that I'm out on this ledge alone, but I actually like Fatal Natalie. She's crazy and jealous, but aside from her clenched jaw delivery I enjoy watching her. And I don't blame her for Uncle Bow. He's a hoot and a half to watch on my TV screen, but I wouldn't want to live on a farm with him. Whatever's going on in their fucked up, codependent relationship they do seem to love each other. I don't think either one of them is taking advantage of the other. That alone sets them apart from half the crowd.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’ve never heard of Philo - interesting. Thanks for the intel, fellow snarkers. I actually like linear cable TV (with a DVR), but the writing is on the wall. I hate paying outrageous cable fees when I only watch trash reality shows, local news (can get free with antena), and I never watch ESPN, which makes up the bulk of cable’s cost.

Anyone know the best way to stream TLC + Bravo in terms of best value? 

Also: Brandon’s mom reminds me of Kathryn Hahn’s character, Edie Fitzgerald, in “We’re The Millers.” The one that gave us the gem of a line: “My mouth is for my marriage.”

Seems like some pretty decent trainwrecks forming this season. I will watch. The Hazel getting a gf thing is going to be a shit show. Also will be fun to see Zaed’s glow up - if he lost some weight and started working out he could be quite a looker. 

Meanwhile Rebecca continues her “dim down.”

Edited by HelloOutThere
Typos
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Below Deck (Double YUK). 

We love cruising, but after watching any and all iterations of Below Deck, have decided that a cruise full of crew drama would NOT be a choice for us.  I know they kick it up a notch for TV, but one has to believe that the seeds of behavior were there before the series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yep, and the good thing is that, unlike cable, you can take breaks from the app. There are no contracts. I generally "pause" at least one of my subscriptions each month. I like Philo. I only ever watched around 5 channels on cable and I can now access them through other apps, some free. 

Hulu is the same way  - you can pause it if you want.  We are giving up Smithsonian and ESPN but hey I guess I will live.  (ESPN is for me, lol!)  I don't DVR.   I pay less than $10 for one non HD screen for Netflix and considering I just shelled out $11 for McDonalds......we can keep that.

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And I don't blame her for Uncle Bow.

I guess you are right.  To Mike he is family, but to her he is a stranger.  Maybe it was her delivery?  She kind of commanded he leave, she did not (or at least we did not see) her posing the questions in a thoughtful way.

• Love 2

Why are some people likening Brandon to Howdy Doody? I think that title is better suited for the other new man, Jovi, with his gee-whiz big toothy smile? Two new train wrecks, yeah! 

19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hopefully I'll unload most cable this year.  I like 90 Day Fiance but Bravo shows are starting to suck for me lately.   Housewives (YUK); Below Deck (Double YUK). 

Bravo was only wonderful when they produced Project Runway. 

• Love 1

From https://www.tvinsider.com/974378/discovery-plus-streaming-service-90-day-fiance-series/:

Love and Relationships

90 Day Bares All: Get ready for your favorite 90 Day couples to bare it all – the lies, the secrets and everything we couldn’t show on TV. Hosted by Shaun Robinson, this companion series to 90 Day Fiancé will put cast members in the hot seat where they reveal pivotal new information and speak completely uncensored. Exclusive content, must-see footage and all the stories behind 90 Day Fiancé!

90 Day Diaries: An intimate look into the lives of our couples, told from their perspective. Without producers or crew, the cast members film themselves in their day-to-day lives as they continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and all of the new challenges it brings to their relationships.

90 Day Journey: The ultimate collection of 90 Day Fiancé stories for the 90 Day superfan are now on demand! Each curated mini-series is made up of every single scene a beloved couple has appeared in across each show in the 90 Day Universe. Now fans can watch each couples’ story from the very beginning how and when they want to.

he Other Way Strikes Back!: Viewers will get a fresh look at the duos fans have come to know and love, sharing their home lives, behind-the-scenes details missed by cameras and addressing some of the most outrageous, cringe-worthy moments, and sassy social media and pillow talk commentary of the second season of The Other Way.

I always wish that adult television was uncensored, and if you want it censored you pay extra.  But failing that, I might pay extra for uncensored so that I don't spend brain energy trying to figure out what was bleeped and blurred.  That said, knowing that the Tell Alls are tell nothings, I doubt that there will be baring all, or even baring some, in 90 Days Bares All, and that the unbleeped conversations will be riveting television.  The others... yawnnnnnn.  I can think of 90 better ways to spend 5 bucks.  I will miss Pillow Talk if it moves to streaming.

• Love 2

So, does this season look any good?  I totally forgot it was even on deck.  My mother, of all people had to remind me.  I didn't make it further than the future scene and was kinda turned off.  I don't want to see Manipulative Natalie stepping all over alien Mike.  

It looks like they went pretty deep in the bench for this season because Rebecca and Zied?  Mike and Natalie?  All the couples I never wanted to see again?  It makes me suspicious that they couldn't find very interesting people if they had to get these four back in the mix.  But Matt Sharp is a messy fairy godmother, so he could be bringing me just what I need.  Hard to say.  

• Love 3

It's funny that we all hate watch this show and I have a feeling that we all probably root more for the the most likable felon to appear on a dating reality show than the couples, Uncle Cousin Beau has risen to the top somehow and would be on everyone's guest list for the holidays before letting any of the couples sit at any of your tables.   Uncle Cousin Beau has done some awful things but he does seem to be a lot smarter and a better conversation than the non felons.

Hazel asking Tarzanel if there are any hot women in the states made think his answer should have been, "Yes but none that would ever talk to me."  Hazel's red flags are packed in her bags and Tarezal is colored blind, she is more concerned with finding someone else to snuggle up with in the USA.

What do these men tell the women about their living conditions, financials, family, expectations of real life, etc...

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's funny that we all hate watch this show and I have a feeling that we all probably root more for the the most likable felon to appear on a dating reality show than the couples, Uncle Cousin Beau has risen to the top somehow and would be on everyone's guest list for the holidays before letting any of the couples sit at any of your tables.   Uncle Cousin Beau has done some awful things but he does seem to be a lot smarter and a better conversation than the non felons.

Hazel asking Tarzanel if there are any hot women in the states made think his answer should have been, "Yes but none that would ever talk to me."  Hazel's red flags are packed in her bags and Tarezal is colored blind, she is more concerned with finding someone else to snuggle up with in the USA.

What do these men tell the women about their living conditions, financials, family, expectations of real life, etc...

I am totally out of the loop regarding this. A link or info please?

• Love 1

Brandon doesn't really know his older half siblings. So sweet old dad wasn't having them come stay the summer with his codependent, perfect new family. Your first big boy room at 27 screams stunted!

Toothy Mcgee cheaped out on a crap flight, then pouts cuz this girl isnt ready for shooters and tit flashing for beads in the French quarter at 8am. Total douche!

Mike and Nat are simpatico...like water and oil.

If you need to move in with your daughter, you can't afford a husband young enough to be your son