Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: I Think You're My Future Wife

• Start Topic

I don't think Jovi or Brandon want to get married.  

They both want to date Yara/Julia but don't want to travel, so get apply for the K1 so they can go on a long date.  

Brandon's mom was right regarding birth control.  No birth tourism for Brandon.

I hope Michael unloads Emotion Eastern European and hangs out with that cute cat.

• Love 8

IDK about this season.

I already don't like Baby-Faced Farmer Boy or Toothy Travelin' Man.

And I sure as heck don't want to see anymore of What'sHerName and Zaid or Paul Bunyan and the Crying Game. 

But I'm hooked on youse guys! 

So the 90DF Merchandise Store will soon be open for business! Along with our Classic line of handbags and sweatshirts (with such memorable sayings as "I Did the BJ") we hope to offer embroidered masks! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I get stabby watching Josh act all petulant about birth control. He’s only cavalier about an unplanned pregnancy because he knows his parents will do the bulk of the work and contribute significantly financially. Also, if you want to bang your Russian fiancé all night in the same room, you can go right ahead and GET YOUR OWN PLACE. I’m not a prude; I’d let my son stay in the same room as his girlfriend but he needs to know that me hearing their sex life is as gross as him overhearing mine. Josh’s parents are way too involved and have perpetuated this man-child’s lack of independence. Let the kid pick up his fiancé on his own for god’s sake. 

Is Yara on drugs? I wouldn’t even wanna have lunch with her much less marry her. She seems irritated and condescending all the time even when she’s smiling. He’s an idiot for suggesting a night out after a 30 hour flight though. 

I wish we didn’t have to suffer through more of Natalie and Mike; they’re one of my least favorite couples on this franchise. All I can think of is her crazy mom stroking her hair while she cried in bed like a 3 year old. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

So the 90DF Merchandise Store will soon be open for business! Along with our Classic line of handbags and sweatshirts (with such memorable sayings as "I Did the BJ") we hope to offer embroidered masks! 

OMG. This cracked me up. When I read "I did the BJ" I laughed out loud alone in my home office. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

. Also, if you want to bang your Russian fiancé all night in the same room, you can go right ahead and GET YOUR OWN PLACE. I’m not a prude; I’d let my son stay in the same room as his girlfriend but he needs to know that me hearing their sex life is as gross as him overhearing mine. Josh’s parents are way too involved and have perpetuated this man-child’s lack of independence. Let the kid pick up his fiancé on his own for god’s sake. 

Your are nicer than me, I would not my son's GF (only a gf, no fiance) stay in the same room when she visited.  But yes, Brandon and his gf can stay in their own home and bang away.

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Jovi or Brandon want to get married.

I agree  - I think they just like the cache of having a hot foreign girl but want to party and and still have their freedoms.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Also in their backstory is Mike's fretting and asking Natalie if she's sure that she will like living in Sequim, since she's such a glamorous, big-city gal.  I don't recall her being concerned, and when he visited her in Kiev, they did nothing cosmopolitan.  (He went to the embassy and day-drinking.  She took him to a small church, not the cathedral.)  She was more concerned that he was $30,000 in debt, which was preventing him from wanting to start a family.

Oh, it is coming back to me now.  I did see his first season, but I quickly forget most of these people.  If he needs to pay off debt before having kids, he needs a younger Ukrainian, but maybe the money from TLC will pay off his debt.  I really can't stand either of them.  

Maybe there is another person on this franchise that would be a better match for Mike and for Natalie.

• Love 2

I think Natalie is very pretty, but I remember thinking she was lying about her age last time, and that’s why she was so in a rush to have a baby. She’s likely 40 (or close to it) during the filming of this episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Natalie is very pretty, but I remember thinking she was lying about her age last time, and that’s why she was so in a rush to have a baby. She’s likely 40 (or close to it) during the filming of this episode. 

Her mother looks much older than most mothers on the show so that would be an additional indicator of that.

• Love 3
On 12/6/2020 at 11:56 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I doubt Howdy Doody has enough experience to compare sex with and without a condom.

Man his parents look old.  Dad looks 75 and mom looks 65.

The father has much older kids from previous marriages.  If the mother is 65 she could have had him around 36 years old, not unusual.  

The show hit pay dirt finding this family living like it’s 1945. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah.  Attorneys who have solo practices and work for contingency fees and even movie stars have fluctuating earnings, but they probably have assets to point to as well.  She blows her money on tats and ring lights.  She also seems to have aged quite a bit in two years, not that she ever resembled her filtered pics in any way.

I would guess she was a failed investigator.   If she had been successful she would be able to show 3 or 4 years of tax returns of appropriate income.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Bluesky said:

The father has much older kids from previous marriages.  If the mother is 65 she could have had him around 36 years old, not unusual.  

The show hit pay dirt finding this family living like it’s 1945. 

Well 36 is technically a geriatric pregnancy lol. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Maybe it’s just me ... but I find it difficult to find stuff on this 90DF site.

Anyway a fairly enjoyable episode, looks like there will be lots to snark about. Can’t wait for all the shit to hit all the fans. Rebecca is looking older, and fatter. Meanwhile Zied cleans up well.   Natalie meets Uncle Beau ... should be a drama filled  20 days.

There's not a subforum for 90-Day Fiance OG yet.  Can the moderators or a member create one?  Otherwise, in a few episodes, these topics are going to be all over the site.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, and we were all so distracted by Brandon's terrifying parents we didn't pay enough attention to Jovi's people. On the one hand, Mother Jovi expresses doubt that Yara will be happy because in NOLA everyone hunts and fishes and lives the outdoor life. Meanwhile, Jovi's friends are all "he loves to party and go to bars and he's all about the nightlife". So which is it? I mean, either way, Yara's doomed, but they should get their stories straight. 

I think it's both.  I'm from the south and Jovi reminds me A LOT of the men down here.  They are into hunting, fishing, having a job that keeps them outdoors AND they LOVE to party.  Jovi doesn't want a wife or even a serious relationship he wants a hot chick to party with.  Him suggesting they go out after her long flight was so telling as to what kind of person he is.  He didn't even consider her feelings.  The nicest thing I can say about him is that at least he seems aware of this and fully admits that he is that type of person. 

Brandon may be 27 but he looks like he's about 16.  From a female POV I could never take him seriously as a BF. 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

There's not a subforum for 90-Day Fiance OG yet.  Can the moderators or a member create one?  Otherwise, in a few episodes, these topics are going to be all over the site.

I wanted there to be a subforum for this show when they created the others, but the decision was made that the flagship show, this one, would be down here and the others would have subforums. So, the decision has already been made. 

• Useful 1
59 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think it's both.  I'm from the south and Jovi reminds me A LOT of the men down here.  They are into hunting, fishing, having a job that keeps them outdoors AND they LOVE to party.  Jovi doesn't want a wife or even a serious relationship he wants a hot chick to party with.  Him suggesting they go out after her long flight was so telling as to what kind of person he is.  He didn't even consider her feelings.  The nicest thing I can say about him is that at least he seems aware of this and fully admits that he is that type of person. 

He reminds me of a lot of guys here in Minnesota, too, especially the guys up north.  Love the outdoors, love working at Mom and Dad's resort, perhaps want to own a resort of their own, perhaps own a guided fishing company but on the weekends they can LIGHT! IT! UP!  

100% on the butt hurt feelings on not going out to party.  Dude, get over it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I loved Howdy Doody's parents.  The BC phone call to the gyno -- that has to be producer driven.  I don't care how small and rural the town is, the gyno, nor the gyno office, isn't going to have a 10 minute convo about birth control on the phone. You're either making an appointment or you aren't.  Not to mention, on whose insurance is she getting birth control? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I loved Howdy Doody's parents.  The BC phone call to the gyno -- that has to be producer driven.  I don't care how small and rural the town is, the gyno, nor the gyno office, isn't going to have a 10 minute convo about birth control on the phone. You're either making an appointment or you aren't.  Not to mention, on whose insurance is she getting birth control? 

Plus as someone else said upthread:  Hippa, Line 1!  You just can't call and discuss this stuff with anyone.  I forgot about this a while back as I called to see if my hubby (my legal husband) needed a ride home after dental surgery.  They could not tell me anything.  They are NOT going to discuss son's GF BC options with her, nor should they.

• Love 7

Why bring back two couples whose stories have already played out? Yawn...fast forward.

I do want to see the new cougar who's sending phones to her boy toy in Africa. That looks like it will be just chock full of self delusion and denial. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I’m enjoying fresh “faces” and return cast members mostly so I can see how they filter their online photos. Last season just got old seeing the differences.  I’ve watched the franchises enough that I feel like we are 2 steps ahead of the cast members in the story lines.  
For the record, I know a lady in her late 60’s who imported a much, much younger Columbian boy toy and currently she’s busy showering him with gifts.  I really want her to watch the show but I know she thinks she is not as dumb and naive as these people... hers is True Love.  So it happens that people do fall for this crap, not even to get on television.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:56 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I doubt Howdy Doody has enough experience to compare sex with and without a condom.

Man his parents look old.  Dad looks 75 and mom looks 65.

Just can't wait until the day his mother goes out to buy condoms and bananas to show young Howdy how to use them properly. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Just can't wait until the day his mother goes out to buy condoms and bananas to show young Howdy how to use them properly. 

Let's all hope she knows that you can use a banana to demonstrate.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
Just now, Dirtybubble said:

Hey just out of curiosity is there no Pillow Talk companion show for the regular 90 Days show?  I didn't see one listed on my guide.  If so then I'm kinda bummed.  I've always enjoyed P.T. for 90 Days the Other Way....

There wasn’t one this week and one is not scheduled for next week. Sometimes they start mid season though:

• Love 2
On 12/7/2020 at 12:59 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 12/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, spunky said:

Per the whole boundary-less conversation on birth control with Howdy Doody, Mom and Dad:  I wanted Mom to leave and Dad to look square at him and say:  "Do you ejaculate inside of her?  Yes or no?  Because you are NOT bringing a baby home here.  Sorry not sorry, we are done raising kids.  You are 27, not 17."

I felt like he all but said, “Be cool, Mom! I pull out!” Hat tip to the previews for hinting at how well that works out.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

The women on this show who are Russian or Ukrainian don't have the best track record and their temperament/attitude/coldness don't ever seem like a good match for any of the Americans they find themselves with, except maybe David and his "I've dated 100s of Ukrainian and Russia women". None of these people seem like they are going to break that mold, but I'm happy to give them a chance. 

I see we haven't met all the couples yet, and haven't gotten the return of Tarik.  Two hours was def long enough to get to everyone, but I guess we are dragging this out.  I wonder when this was filmed compared to the Rona timing here in the States.  

95% of the Russian/Ukrainian women on this show have had a deep issue with not getting to live in the heart of NYC, Miami, or LA upon moving to the US. Anfisa was the only one that didn't see to have this problem, but she lives in Orange County. 

Russian women love to dress up, show themselves off, go out, and suburban life won't cut it for most of them. 

Julia is obviously going to swindle Mr. Sparkling eyes. Unless there was a sonogram with her name on it that can be verified, Yara may have faked her pregnancy. I have overheard MANY conversations amongst Russian women (in Russian) detailing how ignorant and naive they see Americans, how clever they see themselves, and excitement over "winning the green card." 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Plus as someone else said upthread:  Hippa, Line 1!  You just can't call and discuss this stuff with anyone.  I forgot about this a while back as I called to see if my hubby (my legal husband) needed a ride home after dental surgery.  They could not tell me anything.  They are NOT going to discuss son's GF BC options with her, nor should they.

This isn’t  a HIPAA issue. The girlfriend isnt the doctor’s patient so the doc isn’t  violating her privacy; seemed they were only talking in generic terms and the doctor may have said, “she can make an appointment to come and see me.” That is, if the conversation really happened at all.  Who can call and directly get a doctor on the line, much less one who wants to chat for free about a random person?

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

This isn’t  a HIPAA issue. The girlfriend isnt the doctor’s patient so the doc isn’t  violating her privacy; seemed they were only talking in generic terms and the doctor may have said, “she can make an appointment to come and see me.” That is, if the conversation really happened at all.  Who can call and directly get a doctor on the line, much less one who wants to chat for free about a random person?

Exactly.  The most you'd get is the appointment scheduler on the phone and the extent of that convo would be:  "We have X appointment available and what is your insurance information."  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I felt like he all but said, “Be cool, Mom! I pull out!” Hat tip to the previews for hinting at how well that works out.

It felt like he was truly about to say that. Watch them act surprised if the previews are true .

11 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Unless there was a sonogram with her name on it that can be verified, Yara may have faked her pregnancy.

I said the same thing  - am I jaded?

You are right @KateHearts about the HIPPA - I guess I am so used to everyone being super private (as it should be) that I just went there.  ANd you are also right that it was a staged/fake call.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I said the same thing  - am I jaded?

You are right @KateHearts about the HIPPA - I guess I am so used to everyone being super private (as it should be) that I just went there.  ANd you are also right that it was a staged/fake call.

It's a 'clever' move, to gauge his reaction. 

42 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

It's a 'clever' move, to gauge his reaction. 

Agreed per Brandon:  I wanted her phone to ring in the middle of the call!!!  That would have been funny.  Seriously, like others have said, he is 27 not 17.  I think although it was for show that whole scene is indicative of the dynamics that have probably have gone on for years.  Happily surprised he has a 40 hour a week job.  I would never rag on a guy who does roach/ant control - it is a very needed job!!  

Also agreed per Jovi: "What will he say?  Will he drop me?  Will he propose?"  I don't like Yara so I am jaded, lol.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Hey just out of curiosity is there no Pillow Talk companion show for the regular 90 Days show?  I didn't see one listed on my guide.  If so then I'm kinda bummed.  I've always enjoyed P.T. for 90 Days the Other Way....

20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

There wasn’t one this week and one is not scheduled for next week. Sometimes they start mid season though:

Y'all have to Google for further confirmation, but word on the FB savage pages is TLC is moving the Tell Alls and Pillow Talk to their new "Discovery +" streaming service early next month, along with some other 90DF related programs.   Apparently there will be a $5-7 a month fee for their streaming services.  Here's a link to one of the articles:  

https://www.tvinsider.com/974378/discovery-plus-streaming-service-90-day-fiance-series/

12 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Y'all have to Google for further confirmation, but word on the FB savage pages is TLC is moving the Tell Alls and Pillow Talk to their new "Discovery +" streaming service early next month, along with some other 90DF related programs.   Apparently there will be a $5-7 a month fee for their streaming services.  Here's a link to one of the articles:  

https://www.tvinsider.com/974378/discovery-plus-streaming-service-90-day-fiance-series/

Hell to the no.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
14 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Bad Idea Jeans

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Agreed.  I'll watch this trash for free, and snark on it here, but there's NO WAY I'm paying for it.

I might subscribe for the "Comedians on the Couch" as they watch House Hunters.  That could be funny!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I might subscribe for the "Comedians on the Couch" as they watch House Hunters.  That could be funny!!!

From what I've read the new Discovery + streaming service covers all of the shows under that umbrella:  Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, etc. plus there will be original programming.  I follow Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs on all social media and he has a new show coming out on that platform so I'll probably get it for that and the Comedians on the Couch sounds good.

As far as Pillow Talk only being available thru the new streaming service--yeah that sucks but if I have the service anyhow for the shows mentioned above then yeah I will totally watch along with probably the old episodes of 90 Days as well.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

From what I've read the new Discovery + streaming service covers all of the shows under that umbrella:  Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, etc. plus there will be original programming.  I follow Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs on all social media and he has a new show coming out on that platform so I'll probably get it for that and the Comedians on the Couch sounds good.

As far as Pillow Talk only being available thru the new streaming service--yeah that sucks but if I have the service anyhow for the shows mentioned above then yeah I will totally watch along with probably the old episodes of 90 Days as well.

I might, I might not.  I subscribed to Peacock for $5 but dropped it only because I did not have time to watch King of Queens and Unsolved Mysteries all the time, lol, but it was having buffering issues a lot of the time.  So.....maybe I will spring for this.  $5, right?

• Love 1
On 12/7/2020 at 9:45 AM, OoogleEyes said:

I really REALLY missed the live chat last night. So, Rebecca works in a fast food joint? Huh. Why does she wear a watch.

Why wouldn't a fast food manager wear a watch?

On 12/7/2020 at 10:01 AM, spunky said:

I agree with Jovi's friend and mother.  He's not emotionally ready for marriage.  Plus he hasn't really planned ahead for how his job will affect the 90 day process.

Yeah, what the hell?  He works 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off, and he's going to be home for only 2 weeks after she gets there.  Seems to me he'd plan for her to get there at the beginning of the 4-week period.

I think it's insane for him to even consider this.  He has a great life right now--a cool job that he's rather uniquely qualified for, pays well, and suits his desire to travel a lot.  I'm not convinced that the girl was pregnant, and I would hope that the only "lesson" he learned from it would be to be more careful, not to upend his life on an extreme deadline.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:11 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

Jovi isn't ready for a commitment one damn bit.  Are they Cajun b/c I loved hearing him and his mama talk?! 

I love the way Cajuns say the word "marriage."  It reminds me of how the Mississippi Delta bluesmen pronounce "work" as "woik."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Honestly, this would work out better for me. Although I'm against these new apps on principle, since cutting the cable cord I currently pay Philo $30 a month and I really only watch TLC and Discovery channel shows on it.