Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03:Blood and Treasure

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

....and I am now tired of the Gibbs/Fornell plotline....resolve it already....

This episode was gross AND boring. I can't tell you anything that happened that I cared about except BIFF!!!!! My Back to the Future loving heart just watched him every time he was on screen...

Other than that, I got nothing....and judging by the lack of preview, next week we'll have nothing too...

• Love 4
On 12/5/2020 at 11:20 AM, thewhiteowl said:

The discovery of two dead bodies in a forest ...

Anyone see 2 dead bodies in a forest?

I liked this ep, everyone had their moment. Not sure why Gibbs was in a suit at the beginning. I could do without the Fornell story line. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, stonehaven said:

....and I am now tired of the Gibbs/Fornell plotline....resolve it already....

I came here to post exactly this.  I never liked this "track down Emily's drug dealer" story line.  Fornell needs to deal with his and Emily's issues rather than avoiding those issues by playing vengeful detective.  That said, I did crack up at Fornell really giving his all in his UC cover as a fast food worker bee.  "Have a Beltway day!"  

3 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I can't tell you anything that happened that I cared about except BIFF!!!!! My Back to the Future loving heart just watched him every time he was on screen...

OMG OMG OMG.  It was bugging me the entire episode who that was.  Thank you!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

How the hell did Fornell get the keys to the lockbox that held the drugs?!

I assumed he got it off the dead body. He mentioned that the guy had worked at the place.

What is "Have a Beltway Day" supposed to mean and why would any company think that anyone who has to use the beltway daily would associate something positive with it? If someone said that to me, I'd think they're wishing me a day full of traffic delays and traffic jams.

I didn't feel like I wanted to know how the evening at the bar went but I liked that they let the episode start the morning after and we learned how it went. 

I didn't expect there to be a treasure in the end, so I thought it was a nice touch that there was a treasure. I also expected Gibbs to have already figured out where the treasure was buried by the time that everyone else figured it out. I'm a teeny bit disappointed that he hadn't.

I wondered about the suit that he wore at the beginning as well. He normally only every wears a suit when he attends an official ceremony of some kind or a funeral. Weird.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I also expected Gibbs to have already figured out where the treasure was buried by the time that everyone else figured it out. I'm a teeny bit disappointed that he hadn't.

He did. He had the map of the intersecting cell phone tower usage that pinpointed the location.

A snooze fest with gore!  And I have zero interest in Fornell and this drug thing.   Why can't Fornell just talk to the police or DEA or the non-retired FBI about this?   The whole thing is just stupid.  

I don't know if COVID has taken it's toll on this show or if it's just in the process of Jumping The Shark.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mertensia said:

I believe Beltway was in the name of the restaurant.

It is. Beltway is also the interstate going around DC. I'm pretty sure that they chose the name to suggest it's a fast good chain that is located in the vicinity of DC.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

It is. Beltway is also the interstate going around DC. I'm pretty sure that they chose the name to suggest it's a fast good chain that is located in the vicinity of DC.

They've been going to Beltway Burger since the JAG days. It is a huge chain in the DC area in Don Bellasario's fictional world.

Edited by eel21788
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, eel21788 said:

They've been going to Beltway Burger since the JAG days. It is a huge chain in the DC area in Don Bellasario's fictional world.

I remember that it's made an occasional appearance at NCIS before. I just don't remember them saying "have a beltway day" and now that I know what traffic on the beltway is like, it made me wonder 😉

• Love 1