Type keyword(s) to search

Baby God

• Start Topic

This was crazy! 

I know in a lot of cases, doctors experimented on themselves or used genetic material from others with ethics being a gray area at best since there were no laws (Henrietta Lacks), but for the doctors who used their own semen on their patients without thinking of the consequences—siblings potentially marrying being so close geographically, etc. is crazy.  The one doctor just laughed...

But this guy, wow!  Truly sick.  I’m not so sure nothing happened to the girls he adopted given all the awful things he did to his other children and patients.

Seriously, that one guy's mom wasn't even going to him for fertility issues and didn't want to be pregnant. And what he did to his step-daughter. How awful for the son to learn his history.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, carrps said:

Seriously, that one guy's mom wasn't even going to him for fertility issues and didn't want to be pregnant. And what he did to his step-daughter. How awful for the son to learn his history.

These two stories were especially horrifying. Fortier was pathological, and for him not to be ever held accountable because "there were no laws against it"...?!? WHAT!

The denial that one brunette daughter (from his "legitimate" family) has is so extreme. I guess you don't want to think of your father as a monster, but Jesus, lady. Open your eyes!

I was aghast at the notion of Fortier mixing his sperm with his patients' husbands' sperm "to help the weak swimmers" or whatever nonsense he said. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I was aghast at the notion of Fortier mixing his sperm with his patients' husbands' sperm "to help the weak swimmers" or whatever nonsense he said. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Oh, I highly doubt there was any mixing. I'm sure it was all Fortier sperm. That's the kind of narcissist he was.

• Love 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:59 PM, carrps said:

I don't know if I would have been able to handle more episodes. This story kept getting creepier and creepier and creepier. Yeeesh.

I agree on all counts. Just horrific. What a loathsome, evil thing he was. 

The blurb with the number of fertility doctors who have done this/been caught was chilling. I hope the ease of testing one's DNA stops this. And it makes me glad that when I got a bad vibe from our fertility doctor, I changed to another. Everyone loved the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got busted for this. (Out of an abundance of caution, I want to clarify that I don't think any of Fortier's victims should have picked up on anything or that they did one single thing wrong. They are purely innocent victims. And back then, doctors were on even more of a pedestal than they were in the 90s, when I was trying to conceive). 

• Love 2
On 12/5/2020 at 12:19 PM, For Cereals said:

But this guy, wow!  Truly sick.  I’m not so sure nothing happened to the girls he adopted given all the awful things he did to his other children and patients.

I 100% believe those girls were his biological kids (the women may have been women he was sleeping with but more likely women that came to him for Gyn care and he inseminated against their will), and I also 100% believe he sexually abused them.

He may have “cared for them” and educated them, and I understand if they didn’t want to be a part of this documentary or didn’t want to give a DNA sample but the look in that woman’s eyes, she knows her father was a sick sick man and doesn’t want to believe it because she loved him. 

I felt so AWFUL for Dorothy Otis- she didn’t even want a baby!!!! She went for Gyn care and that SOB inseminated her, her drunk husband left her, she did a great job raising her son on her own (I can tell she loves him a lot and vice versa)- how lucky he is to still have his Mom at 93. 

Fortier’s legal son who said the best day of his life was seeing that man in the grave- I wanted to hug him. You are a strong man sir and I applaud you for speaking the truth about what happened. 

Did anyone else notice the eyes started popping up? Fortier had those striking turquoise blue eyes, and ALL the people interviewed minus the woman that was the cop (she looked like her Mom’s side) and the daughter he “adopted” had those eyes!!!!!!!!!! The man who had a PHD in genetics was Fortier’s DOPPELGÄNGER , but a lot of the other half siblings had those EYES!

On 12/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, Darian said:

The blurb with the number of fertility doctors who have done this/been caught was chilling. I hope the ease of testing one's DNA stops this.

I believe the HIV epidemic slowed it- because that’s when legit medical practices stopped using fresh donor sperm because it had to be tested for HIV. Add in HIV and now DNA testing these creeps have to know they will get caught. I am glad you changed Drs when you got a bad feeling. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, bilgistic said:

Fortier was pathological, and for him not to be ever held accountable because "there were no laws against it"...?!? WHAT!

Yup! If you follow the case against Dr Cline( who’s still alive), he lost his license not for what he did to his patients (which wasn’t a crime and even so statue of limitations) but for laying to the attorney general. Dr Cline was in IN and is discussed in this podcast .

I swear if I was living around that little town Fortier was practicing in and I wanted to have bio kids I would get a DNA test asap. 

This documentary could have been at least ten minutes shorter if they hadn't decided to give us so many art shots with music when there was no voiceover or plot. I don't know if the film maker is un artiste who was trying to prove who artsy they are, but I was like no, I really don't need a long lingering shot of the lights at the Flamingo.

I was already disgusted with Fortier for impregnating so many women who came to his fertility clinic, and then his son revealed that he had molested all of them and I was JFC, I hope this doctor is frying in hell. He wasn't content with playing God with his patients. He also felt the need to dominate his children by sexually abusing them. And his justification because he never raped his stepdaughter and that the Menninger Clinic did a study that said fathers having sexual relationships with their daughters was A-OK made me want to vomit. I wanted to huge Fortier's son when he said the happiest his fater ever made him was when he was lying dead in his coffin.

The one really positive thing I got from the molestation aspect was that his first wife divorced him as soon as she found out that he had impregnated her daughter. So often, abuse victims are not believed by their own families because they can't see the perpetrator as a bad guy (see: the adopted daughter Nannette who insisted he was a good daddy and he never did anything wrong and he was just trying to help those poor women). I'm sure it's even more complicated when the truth is stranger than fiction (I'm a virgin but I'm pregnant and I'm telling you that it was my stepdad who molested me but didn't technically rape me). Thank goodness her mother believed her and got the hell out of her marriage with that monster.

I'm glad the half siblings are so open to having relationships with each other. I know some people who have had random cousins contact them through ancestry or similar websites and despite the fact that these aren't secret siblings or anything untoward, they just have no interest in having a relationship with people who they view as random strangers who sent them an email. And that's with no pre-existing emotional baggage. I can't imagine what a shock it must be to find out that your biological father was the fertility doctor and that you have an unknown number of half siblings out there.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This documentary could have been at least ten minutes shorter if they hadn't decided to give us so many art shots with music when there was no voiceover or plot. I don't know if the film maker is un artiste who was trying to prove who artsy they are, but I was like no, I really don't need a long lingering shot of the lights at the Flamingo.

God, yes. And the biological shots. How many times did we need to see sperm swimming under a microscope? We get it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2