Type keyword(s) to search

Your Honor - General Discussion

aghst
  • Start Topic

They could have just given us a few extra minutes to show Gina and Carlo getting busted because Carmine and Jimmy flipped.

So I guess she got over her five seconds of clarity from a few episodes ago, since she refused to take responsibility for the Joneses and didn’t show one ounce of remorse. Disgusted but not surprised.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, Cotypubby said:

Exactly. Even if the jury were to believe that he would be justified in shooting Carlo, he ended up killing a completely different person. They aren’t going to find him innocent so taking the deal for 10 years will be way better than what he’ll get.

It doesn't matter how many years he gets.  In jail he WILL be murdered by the Baxter family.  He tried to kill the boss and that is a death sentence.   There will be a contract on him and someone will collect.

Same thing goes for Adam by the way.  He would have undoubtedly been murdered and it is not out of the question given what happened to Kofi that Michael might have ended up dead as well.  That Adam died anyway and everything done to protect him destroyed Michael is part of the tragedy.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:25 PM, Andre LaPlume said:

Just a mess.   Why was Michael in jail to begin with?   

I thought it was taxes.    My impression is the feds took over his case, and got him on federal charges in an attempt to flip him while getting local authorities to back off.  I'm not sure what he is going back to jail for.  The jail looks like the one he got released from.  So possible he got screwed over despite promises made was sent back.  Or (probably at his own insistence) he pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in hiding Adam's role in Rocco's death either locally or federally.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, AntFTW said:

I didn't even realize Carmine was in jail. I had to rewatch. That plugs in the hole for me because Gina called 911 when Jimmy was shot, and I'm sure they asked for surveillance footage which will show Carmine shooting Jimmy. I was asking myself how exactly was Gina going to cover for Carmine, and it turns out she isn't covering for him. She's just killing two birds with one stone, getting both her father and Jimmy out of the way.

Carmine is an old school mobster. He is not snitching for any reason.

Old school mobsters ALWAYS snitch.  The ones who don't snitch never become old school mobsters, they get sent away early by the guys who do the snitching.  That said I don't see him selling out his own daughter despite her obviously betraying him. 

On 3/18/2023 at 12:13 PM, AntFTW said:

I read that season 2 will be the final season of the show, but I feel like this ending leaves the door open for a 3rd season.

Viacom is merging Showtime with Paramount+.  And is going gangbusters on spinoffs on their two most wildly successful shows.  Yellowstone and Billions.  They want "Franchises" to make their own version of the Marvel Universe.  This show may want a third season but it won't get one.  Showtime is cleaning house and this is not a ratings blockbuster or one that can birth spinoffs.

I'm cynical what a third season can add anyway.  Then again I was cynical what a second season could add and they pulled it off.

• Like 4
On 3/18/2023 at 1:26 AM, dwmarch said:

Before I forget, I have to call out Gina's fashions. That long leather coat she had on at the end though? What in the actual fuck? Where did she even get that? She stashed that in her closet until her husband had been shot and her father had been thrown in jail.

I thought the long leather coat looked really cool and very NOLA, like it was openly signifying a change. 

• Like 2