Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Roaring Emotions

• Start Topic

At the conclusion of Whitney’s 20s Party, Jen’s explosive temper reaches a boiling point and Meredith and Mary are the targets. Meredith finally reveals the truth about her marriage to Lisa, while Jen shares the details with Heather, who then tells Whitney. Mary takes the high road and invites Jen to her luncheon hoping to squash their issues for good, but when Jen tries to open up to the group things take a sudden turn for the worst.

Airdate 12.02.2020

• Useful 1

Jen had someone carrying her train into the party last episode, and that person couldn’t alert her to the fact that she had major back fat rolls going on?  She reminds me a little of Henry VIII in that none of their people wants to fuck with dems, or it could be death.  I am with Brooks in that I saw a part of her I never need to see again—her flab.  Oh, and let me not get started on her nails.  

Jen is a bigger bitch than Nene Leakes, but Nene took 12 seasons to get this bad—Jen has eclipsed Nene in just over three episodes.  

And Jen is still screaming that Mary “fucks her grandpa”?  I’m sure the Mormon Church found her departure a huge loss.  

I figured out how to tell the brunettes apart—Lisa has brown eyes and Meredith has blue eyes.  I know it’s not much to go on, but as soon as I realized it, I never really got them confused again. 

They’re friends with Jen because they’re afraid of her?  That’s the underpinning of a healthy relationship, if I’ve ever heard one.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

If they got rid of Jen this wouldn’t be so bad of a show. The rest of the ladies seem to want to get along and be real friends. Heather is growing on me, she’s like the peace keeper. 

I have liked Heather so far, but in that conversation with Jen, I was trying to figure out if she was being two faced (based on her confessional) or just playing along with Jen's mood because she knew that pushing back wasn't going to do any good.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Hmm, I was thinking she’s just an asshole.

Fair. 

Just subjectively, I think Jen's the child and Mary's the asshole, but I don't suppose either of those are set in stone.

A lot of this OMG SEPARATED!?!?!? is pretty transparently written, Bravo.

Alright, so why is Meredith separated from her husband?  She never said, except giving a vague explanation about life wearing on them.  That’s not a reason.  If you’re going to go on reality TV, share it.  Because, honey, the default opinion is going to be that he’s got hoes in different area codes.  

IRL, Mary would not have invited Jennifer to her lunch.  So why just not invite her and make this one iota realistic or invite her to film the television show, but then don’t literally spend a scene debating it?  Not inviting someone is not “negativity”; it’s maturity actually.  It’s called having boundaries.  Wouldn’t a minister know about that?  (Rhetorical question). 

What worries me is that we’re a handful of episodes in and they’re already reaching to fill 44 mins with “should I or shouldn’t I invite her?”

• Love 3

Earth to Heather—the Met Gala is not a location, it’s a gala.  I find her so dumb and grating.  And she’s seething beneath the surface.  Heather gets along so well with Jen because they both get pleasure out of other people’s misfortunes; Heather just manages to keep it hidden better.  Heather is very bitter about her divorce and misery loves company.  

Mary is the polar opposite of Jen from what I’ve seen so far.  Jen reacts to everything, even things that don’t exist anywhere but her brain.  Mary is sedate and deliberative.  When Mary had Lisa over at her house and she just dryly dropped the line that Whitney loves the pole with no irony or emotion whatsoever, my interest was actually piqued for the first time all episode.  

Mary played Jen this episode.  I think that it was purposeful to make it look like Jen was interrupting her long prayer and getting Jen to open up at the table by “opening up” first.  

When someone doesn’t scream for attention, it makes me want to lean in a little closer to hear what they’re saying.  I think Mary may be the smartest one, and she has an agenda.  She was pretty much the only thing redeeming about this snooze of an episode.  

Lisa also gives off a bit of a still waters run deep vibe to me too.  I don’t think either Mary or Lisa can split the atom by a long shot, but at least you can’t read them right off the bat.  I feel like these two are the only ones coming onto the franchise with any sort of guile, and I appreciate that in a reality TV personality.  

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Jen had someone carrying her train into the party last episode, and that person couldn’t alert her to the fact that she had major back fat rolls going on?

Yeah, I caught that too.  Surprising that she chose that dress considering she seems to be very looks and image obsessed.

Jen, and Mary as well, should have been brought on Real Housewives of New Jersey,  They would have fit in that franchise far better than they do here.  They're both walking billboards for expensive labels, ready to spar and draw all the attention away from the rest of the room, ready to impress upon everyone that they are wealthy based upon what they can conspicuously spend money on.  Cue the Countess..... "Money Can't Buy You Class."

If this show turns into Jen's Theatrics of the Week I may have to start giving it a pass.  She's annoying and not fun to watch. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Jen had someone carrying her train into the party last episode, and that person couldn’t alert her to the fact that she had major back fat rolls going on?  

He could have - maybe he chose not to.  I wouldn't have 😄 

Here's what I don't like this week:

Jen.  I always hate the HW who's the first to ruin someone's party.  And quit carrying on about "sleepovers" - are you 12?

Meredith discussing her evening with her 21 year old son, as he sits there with his lipstick perfectly applied.  It seems creepy, like he's the husband substitute.

Whitney's party was gross.  It did not look fun.  I'm sure their "real Mormon" friends had a better time that evening at home with their families.  (Also Whitney - you should NOT have had a red carpet for your party.  You had a hidden speakeasy theme, dumbass.)

Mary's rudeness to the "party planners" at the restaurant, and her bragging that some food item she served cost $8000 a pound.  If that's true then shame on her.  On Mary's behalf - she's been married to grandpa long enough to have a 17 year old son - let it go, Jen.

At this point Tequila Lisa is my favorite!

• Love 15

Someone needs to tell Jen to not drink and to dial it back. She loses the run of herself, and it is actually quite disturbing.

I wonder if Mary's congregation is watching and what they think of her spending their church tigthing offerings monies on dinners, meals, housing, gifts, trips, plastic surgery, ect.

• Love 23

Jen was doing a slowly I turn routine before exploding at the table. insane theatrics. And this is after an earlier blowup scene where her husband had to be called to retrieve her. She may be legit crazy, not just acting crazy. 

Where is Mary’s son getting the money to buy Prada purses and puppies for his girlfriend? Also stealing from the collection plate?  

2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Someone needs to tell Jen to not drink and to dial it back. She loses the run of herself, and it is actually quite disturbing.

I wonder if Mary's congregation is watching and what they think of her spending their church tigthing offerings monies on dinners, meals, housing, gifts, trips, plastic surgery, ect.

Mormons and Muslims eschew alcohol but Jen does not. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, princelina said:

Whitney's party was gross.  It did not look fun.

Agree.  I still don’t understand what the point was?  Like what was the reason for the party (other than Bravo filming). What do strippers have to do with the 20’s theme?  Why is Whitney obsessed with strippers?  The party looked sweaty and smelly.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 11

Whitney's party looked strange, but at this point in the pandemic, I long for any party-weird back room of an antique store, Potomac wig party in a parking lot... 

Heather really won me over with "Protect the burger!" and "I look like a flapper with cankles." 

I think both Jen and Mary are assholes, but good God Jen should never drink tequila (I say as someone that has not had tequila in 15 years). 

I found Lisa not annoying this week. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I would like to know where Mary's 17 year old son got the money to buy his girlfriend a chinchilla coat and a Prada bag.  

God provides and in this case apparently literally.........

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

I would like to know where Mary's 17 year old son got the money to buy his girlfriend a chinchilla coat and a Prada bag.  

From the congregation tithes. That family is in real Jim and Tammy Fay territory.

• Love 17

When Meredith announced her separation to Lisa, you could see Lisa preparing to respond as if she knew what was coming, and she kept wanting to start saying her line, but Meredith wouldn't get to the point.  Finally when she did, Lisa smiled in a knowing way.  

• Love 6

No, he offered her a dog, a chinchilla (the animal !) and THEN the Prada Bag... And Mary talked only about the bag, regarding the price, not the animals

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

And there are a few of the women (Heather is one) that show an odd amount of tongue when they speak - it's distracting. 

I think I have posted about the Beefy Blonde's tongue every episode, it is hard to look at and hard to look away.

• LOL 1
38 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Here's a drinking game that is sure to kill us: Drink every time you see a Chanel logo. 

Not just on this franchise!  I have to wonder if Chanel pay for product placement on these shows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I know! He may shopped on The Real or Poshmark for the bag but what 17 year old wants a chinchilla coat, is his girlfriend really a 45 year old woman, lol! Shame on him for buying a dog for someone, she may not have wanted it or maybe does not want to take care of it OOORRRR her mother is wearing a chinchilla coat so she can look fancy walking the dog.  I doubt any of those gifts really happened.

That Met luncheon was all sorts of odd, the host not really knowing what the ball is about, we are supposed to believe she gave all the HW's LV ear buds that retail for $1200each and isn't it gauche to wear cocktail attire at lunch?  Fake, Fake, Fake, I doubt we will see any of those women wearing those earbuds in the next episode.  Can you imagine being a congragent in her chuch and tithing your hard earned money and you see your pastor spending it like a Vegas hooker?

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

If they got rid of Jen this wouldn’t be so bad of a show. The rest of the ladies seem to want to get along and be real friends. Heather is growing on me, she’s like the peace keeper. 

I really like her too. 

Are there any stylists here? There must be a more flattering way to cut/style her hair. She looked best in the scene at her house talking to Jen. It had some body and curls. The slicked down look does her no favors. imo

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

And there are a few of the women (Heather is one) that show an odd amount of tongue when they speak - it's distracting. 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think I have posted about the Beefy Blonde's tongue every episode, it is hard to look at and hard to look away.

I don't what it is, but it is very distracting.  Could it be a side effect of beauty treatments/injections?  

• LOL 2

I liked the shots of Heather and Whitney just openly craning their necks to watch Jen going tequila crazy.  Not even pretending like they weren’t trying to catch every word.

I will third (or fourth or whatever number we’re on) of saying Jen is the worst. Meredith canceling the sleepover had nothing to do with Mary, but Jen had it in her head that it did and she was gonna beat that horse dead.  I have an ex-friend like this.  She would decide that I was doing something for a certain reason that was not true, and there was no way of convincing her.  Probably our last conversation she accused me of being too sensitive.  Nerp.  You are too crazy lady.

So, Meredith is vocal fry/valley girl and Lisa is need a throat lozenge right? - OK, on further reflection as the episode has gone on they are both just super vocal fry so that doesn’t help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

This past summer my friend hosted a "sleepover" with her girlfriends but made us all sleep outside in tents due to covid. I feel like she should make it up to us by gifting LV earbuds, but I know her dog would end up eating them and I really dont want shitty headphones.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Jen is ridiculous, but at least she brings some energy to the show.

Mary is still off.  The way she talked to the people setting up her weird luncheon was terrible.  What was that about death and grapes? Noooo!  Her way of being disconnected and not thinking about what she’s saying is still off-putting.  The fact that it seems she cares not if what she says hurts someone or it has to be made clear to her.

Still not feeling Meredith and Lisa.  They are both too posey.  Meredith was practically sauntering at the gallery. Are their shoulders always cold by the way they wear their coats and jackets?  I agree with Whitney that Lisa is arrogant.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

What was that about death and grapes?

I mean, honestly!  I will forever think of death champagne every time I sip the bubble from this day forward.  Da fuq was that all about?

• Love 3

If anything, the death champagne comment made it very clear that Mary has no filter and Jen getting so worked up over the 'hospital smell' comment is even more ridiculous. You can be mad that whatever Mary thinks immediately comes sailing out of her mouth, but getting mad over one specific comment is really such a waste of time when it's clear this is a lifelong personality trait. 

Jen's drunken cursing went above and beyond any crime that Mary has allegedly committed...yet here's Jen crying about how special she is and no one appreciates her. If we were being square, Mary should have invited her just long enough to throw a drink in her face and tell her to leave. Jen was carrying on and on about Mary insulting her family, but has no response or apology to calling someone grandpa f***** repeatedly? She absolutely wanted to own the oppressed brown woman making her own way storyline. She is so tilted that Mary is sitting there richer than her with a doting grandpa husband and kids that seem to actually enjoy speaking to her. 

I dunno, Heather told Jen she's a disaster to her face so I think she just reads everyone regardless of whether they're present or not. She's not a nice person (I don't think any of them are), but she would actually be entertaining to hang out with as a superficial acquaintance. So Heather gets the highest points from me thus far. 

Lisa is now Worst Karen because of her incessant request to run her oily ass fingers all over the artwork. I feel sorry for that gallery owner having to put up with her bullshit because Meredith probably didn't buy anything. It was just staging to make her look fancy/cultured. 

Edited by rozen
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Agree.  I still don’t understand what the point was?  Like what was the reason for the party (other than Bravo filming). What do strippers have to do with the 20’s theme?  Why is Whitney obsessed with strippers?  The party looked sweaty and smelly.

I think the Speakeasy maybe has dancers on the regular.  Whitney's party was about 30 people, just a portion of those who were there that night.  So, although her guests were having a Roaring 20's party, the other club goers were just there enjoying the club.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, rozen said:

If anything, the death champagne comment made it very clear that Mary has no filter and Jen getting so worked up over t whatever Mary thinks, but the 'hospital smell' comment is even more ridiculous. 

Lisa is now Worst Karen because of her incessant request to run her oily ass fingers all over the artwork. I feel sorry for that gallery owner having to put up with her bullshit because Meredith probably didn't buy anything. It was just staging to make her look fancy/cultured. 

Mary not only has no filter, but no understanding of empathy at all.  Interesting for a pastor...

Still not a fan of Lisa.  I agree about the gallery scene.  Hands off! Can you imagine how she's handling Covid?  And, at the Met Gala luncheon, Lisa's "confession" was that she is an overachiever, and then teared up over it.  Wow.

• Love 13