Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Champagne Wishes and Caviar Screams

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

On 12/2/2020 at 10:43 PM, RoxiP said:

I have noticed that they are showing the date at the start of each episode...I think the last one was February 19, 2020.

Think that is to show that the episode was filmed by production before Pre Covid quarantines and travel shut downs in March.

Chef Rachel resembles the actress Missi Pyle from the cast of the movie Big Fish.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't find the episode to re-watch & independently verify yet. But, a comment on YouTube:

Screenshot_20201204-145219_YouTube.thumb.jpg.3edd2f89309b4ce00db2c8ca5341a321.jpg

Did anyone else catch this? If so, Sunshine can't just plead ignorance on this one. He also annoys me every time he goes to Eddie & says: "What can I do to help?" Doing your job is not "helping"--- it's just doing your job. When he said he was a perfectionist!? Shane, I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 12/2/2020 at 10:22 PM, aghst said:

But she doesn't look so good compared to Ashling -- her parents did her wrong with that name.

On the contrary, they made a great choice, Aisling is a beautiful Irish name, even though her parents did anglicize the spelling.  It means dream or vision.  I have an Auntie Aisling and a cousin Aisling.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 12/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, lcarolynl said:

I still don't understand the Sunshine nickname. Sunshine earned the starting quarterback position in Remember the Titans and helped bring about positive changes for the team and the town so I think being called Sunshine is a compliment.

I doubt the nickname has much to do with that movie.  I presume he gets called that because he is from California, which people often associate with sunshine.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I doubt the nickname has much to do with that movie.  I presume he gets called that because he is from California, which people often associate with sunshine.

I don’t know ... Shane looks like Sunshine, both came from California, and both got their nicknames from people trying to make fun of them. 

I don’t think Eddie’s clever enough to come up with the moniker on his own.

Edited by lcarolynl
Added a second thought
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

I don’t know ... Shane looks like Sunshine, both came from California, and both got their nicknames from people trying to make fun of them. 

I don’t think Eddie’s clever enough to come up with the moniker on his own.

To me the nickname is much more lame and dated than clever, and it would be even lamer to base it on the movie character (who was an Army Brat who lived a gazillion places not really “from” California). 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

the movie character (who was an Army Brat who lived a gazillion places not really “from” California). 

You know, you’re right. As many times as I’ve seen that movie I got Sunshine’s backstory mixed up.

As Emily Litilla would say, Nevermind

• LOL 1
On 12/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, endure said:

This is the most boring season and the cast is horrible, none of them have any personality most are just irritating or I'm in a bad mood every time I watch this show.  Something I've noticed in every episode too is nobody combs their hair and they look gross all the time like they just crawled out of their bunks.

I’ve just started watching and I’m enjoying this season because, as others have pointed out, I’m stuck at home. It’s wonderful to see Antigua and fabulous food and most of the cast members are interesting. I always imagine myself doing their jobs and how exhausting it must be. But I do agree about the unkempt hair. It’s driving me crazy! It’s not just “put up your hair when you’re serving at table“ it should be “brush your damn hair!”

• Love 1
On 12/2/2020 at 7:22 PM, aghst said:

But she doesn't look so good compared to Ashling -- her parents did her wrong with that name.

Ashling is a variation of the Irish name Aisling.  The Irish name is pronounced the same way.

sugar baker beat me to it!

Edited by Oosala