Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: The Calm Before the Storm

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot
  1. As always, episodes happen in episode time. If you want to discuss anything that occurred after the time during which the episode was filmed, take it to the appropriate thread.  This is not it. 
  2. Covid will likely again be discussed.  Limit your discussion to what is stated on the show.  Do not go further down a path of what is and is not effective, etc. 
  3. As always, no politics. 
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Oh and now she is the authority on drinking and sobriety.  I’m not saying Shannon does or doesn’t drink a lot, but to sit there and say behind her back to Kelly and Elizabeth that Shannon definitely has a drinking issue.  STFU and GTFOH with that.   

No one more sanctimonious and self righteous than a newly sober drunk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
17 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Doesn't she want to be able to admit to having sex with baby face tiny head?  She claims she wants to have a child.  Maybe move on with life so she can do that. 

Baby Face Tiny Head!! Dead. 

It’s all I will ever see now. Lololololol

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Seems that way...he's particularly snarky towards his mom. He could tap down the snark a couple of levels and quit acting like he's so special because he likes to wear women's clothes and makeup. It's great his parents are embracing his inner drag queen but they should really sit down with him and have a conversation about his future and what his hopes and dreams are. It's a very tough world out there for transgender people...they have one of the highest rates for being murdered in this country. Not everybody is as enlightened and woke as people out in the OC. Instead of making everything about herself and her issues, Braunwyn should spend some time really talking to her kids and be a parent. I really felt bad for her daughter who clearly was upset about the pandemic and its effect on her friends and other people when her mother went into some kind of bipolar meltdown demanding that everyone shut up and let her speak. She's a just not a good parent...she really doesn't do parenting well at all. She either ignores the kids or is sucking all the air of the room when they are around having hissy fits if she isn't the center of attention. And honestly, she probably shouldn't have filmed this season if she's trying to get sober. 

Drag is not the same as transgender. Drag is dressing up as a woman. Trans is wanting to be a woman. Or wanting to transition to the woman you believe you are. I’m not a spokesperson and I’m worried I haven’t articulated this properly as some people can get quite narky about how you talk about these issues.... I just thought it worth pointing out the difference. I don’t get the sense Brownie’s son is transgender... I just see that he likes to dress up/makeup. Although I’m only seeing what they screen. I agree with others here that I’m a bit uncomfortable about his exploration being shown on tv. He’s only 14 so his brain is still growing, he is still developing so he doesn’t really appreciate yet what he is going through let alone it’s being aired on a tv show. It looks like he is enjoying his mother’s attention.... and it seems like he is getting extra attention at the moment.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, StevieRocks said:

I know Shannon thinks she's privileged and rich, but she always comes across to me as a low-rent, super unimaginative rube. I loved seeing Gina in the cool Italian market juxtaposed with bloated, whining, wet-brain Shannon and her counter full of Dollar Store items from Costco. Your life looks empty, ratchet, and sad, Shannon Storms TheBore.

Can we talk about how ratchet that overly blonde, crispy rats nest on her head looks? She has nice hair, but this looks like she went to someone’s trailer and got a home bleach job topped off with a six pack or 2 of Pabst blue ribbon aided blowout. She has the most awful fried hair. The color is so unflattering. 

Shannon got made by Heather. Heather is a bona fide fancy pants. Shannon is a hick whose family was well off and lorded over all the other hicks. She has about as much decorum as Kelly. “That’s not my fucking plate!” So cotillion. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

Was Emily even on this episode? Girl has no storyline. I like her as a person but her life is about as exciting as a trip to the grocery store. Oh wait, she was on...at the grocery store.

Is Shannon also going to skip wiping her ass because she's afraid to use the toe-let paper? Will she squeeze the charmin while she cries and whines about how she should have installed a bidet? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out.

Brown wind you're stinking up this show. Why the hell would your daughter go to AA to help her OCD and anxiety? Oh, yeah, cuz it's all about you. Thanks for the big show of dumping the uncracked bottles of booze you bought specifically for that scene. Those were the last bottles on earth, so you're all set now.

if Elizabeth had the money she claims I don't think she'd be doing this show for the small first season paycheck. That weird laugh thing she does at the end of her sentences reminds me of my ex. He was a frequent twister of the truth and his weird laugh at the end was his tell. 

Gina, Matt choked you out and talked you down, spent very little time with the kids when you were married and fought not to have to pay child support.  Assholes can't be great dad's. Their behaviour isn't reserved for just one person. 

Edited by J80134
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Shannon getting emotional about her marriage, her wedding dress, the paper towels.....etc Her concerns about the virus were rational but how can anyone take her seriously since she is constantly a wreck over every little thing?
Braunwyn’s such a little attention whore. Nobody in the home can have a moment unless she orchestrates it like the Jacob makeup scene. 

Shannon is the boy middle-aged "housewife" who cried wolf.  When everything is a crisis, nothing is.  She is exhausting. 

14 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I know Shannon thinks she's privileged and rich, but she always comes across to me as a low-rent, super unimaginative rube. I loved seeing Gina in the cool Italian market juxtaposed with bloated, whining, wet-brain Shannon and her counter full of Dollar Store items from Costco. Your life looks empty, ratchet, and sad, Shannon Storms TheBore.

Somehow Shannon is both privileged and rich and also a super unimaginative rube.  She falls for every woo-woo scam - Dr. Moon, taking electrical out of the house (like there is not electricity throughout the house 🙄 ), crystals, supplements that supplement nothing but the makers wallets, her 9 freakin' lemons . . . . She has the money to waste on this garbage and will defend how important it is.  You nailed it with rube.  That is Shannon in a nutshell. 

• Love 16
On 12/2/2020 at 8:52 PM, Wicked said:

I need to find an Italian market, stat!

I live in the "old neighborhood" in Chicago., where the Italian immigrants settled way back when.  I have one Italian store on my corner and another that is a mile or so away....they're magical places.  We don't call them markets here.  Its the Italian Store, or the Greek Store or the Polish Store.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Can we talk about how ratchet that overly blonde, crispy rats nest on her head looks? She has nice hair, but this looks like she went to someone’s trailer and got a home bleach job topped off with a six pack or 2 of Pabst blue ribbon aided blowout. She has the most awful fried hair. The color is so unflattering. 

Shannon got made by Heather. Heather is a bona fide fancy pants. Shannon is a hick whose family was well off and lorded over all the other hicks. She has about as much decorum as Kelly. “That’s not my fucking plate!” So cotillion. 

Shannon needs to chop her hair off.  It's looks not only ratty but too long for her.

• Love 7

I agree with the posts expressing concern with Braunwyn's son performing on camera. I think she is exploiting her child's personal growth for her own benefit, and her poor children buy into this because they receive such positive attention from their Mom. She is a co-dependent narcissist, and I wouldn't be surprised if Braunwyn herself had to be overly performative and dramatic to get her own mother's attention. It's very sad, and her husband needs to see a therapist and learn some intervention methods to help his own kids break this cycle.

ETA: Just want to be clear that I don't believe that her son's identity and development is performative, just all the mugging for the camera stuff, along with the daughter's "baddest queen" comments, etc. Let the kid discover his/her/themselves without the pressures of pleasing their mother by performing every second of it. 

Edited by HeddaGabler
just to clarify…
  • Love 22
22 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

I think Braunwyn meant being in the house with nine people, but it came out as kids. 

Aah, thank you.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how she could not know how many kids she has, although if she was going to get it wrong, I was sure it would be on the side of exaggerating.  Your theory makes sense. 

Well, except now that I think about it, she didn't include the nannies.

22 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

No charity wants the hassle of auctioning or raffling off a car. Elizabeth should just write them a check instead.

Maybe she's heard these pleas from nonprofits to donate your old car--the one that you don't want to go through the hassle of selling, "running or not," as the ads say.  Not a slightly used Ferrari. 

The car raffles I'm familiar with involved new cars, donated by the dealership.   

15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Not everybody is as enlightened and woke as people out in the OC.

I'm not so sure about the OC being enlightened and woke.  Maybe more than some places, I'm sure, but it's no San Francisco.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Drag is not the same as transgender. Drag is dressing up as a woman. Trans is wanting to be a woman. Or wanting to transition to the woman you believe you are. I’m not a spokesperson and I’m worried I haven’t articulated this properly as some people can get quite narky about how you talk about these issues.... I just thought it worth pointing out the difference. I don’t get the sense Brownie’s son is transgender... I just see that he likes to dress up/makeup. Although I’m only seeing what they screen. I agree with others here that I’m a bit uncomfortable about his exploration being shown on tv. He’s only 14 so his brain is still growing, he is still developing so he doesn’t really appreciate yet what he is going through let alone it’s being aired on a tv show. It looks like he is enjoying his mother’s attention.... and it seems like he is getting extra attention at the moment.

I understand the difference between drag and trans...since he is young and still trying to figure things out I was confused myself where all of this heading. 

10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Aah, thank you.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how she could not know how many kids she has, although if she was going to get it wrong, I was sure it would be on the side of exaggerating.  Your theory makes sense. 

Well, except now that I think about it, she didn't include the nannies.

Maybe she's heard these pleas from nonprofits to donate your old car--the one that you don't want to go through the hassle of selling, "running or not," as the ads say.  Not a slightly used Ferrari. 

The car raffles I'm familiar with involved new cars, donated by the dealership.   

I'm not so sure about the OC being enlightened and woke.  Maybe more than some places, I'm sure, but it's no San Francisco.

Agree...but it certainly is more open to alternative lifestyles...it's not West Hollywood but it isn't Des Moines, Iowa either.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Yoh are particularly snarky lately...and I love it! 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 12/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, Mu Shu said:

Yep. For all their flaws, I know Tamra and Vicki can survive and thrive. They’re tough old hags. This current crop are a bunch of whiners and losers. I want to see some people act as anchors, and they have none here. I know from years of watching that Tamra and Vicki fought and scratched for that upward mobility, and I have to respect that. I think Gina is a scrapper, but she’s not established enough to be an anchor. Sick of Shannon, Emily is a mope with a Regus office rental and the party planning skills of a lazy 10 year old, the Dudd is just a fucking scumbag, I don’t know who the new blonde one is, and Braunschweiger is a Reelz story waiting to happen. I just want to see someone bring back sky tops. And family vans. And it wouldn’t kill anyone to have a to do at Lake Havasu.

Yes, I've said the same thing for so long. Say what you will about them, but Vicki and Tamra are both survivors. Both young single mothers with deadbeat baby daddies. They made it work. Vicki, in particular, never rested on her laurels and had her own successful business before the Housewives. And Tamra used the show to lily pad herself away from controlling Simon. I have found myself wondering a lot lately how this season would be going if Vicki and/or Tamra were around. There are interesting storylines going on - Braunywn's alcoholism, Gina navigating her divorce with violent Matt, Elizabeth's divorce struggles, Shannon's; downward spiral - but, as you said, the show has absolutely no star anchors in the cast right now. I cannot help but wonder if the presence of a Vicki or a Tamra would have helped catapult this into a genuinely good season. To be honest, it still confuses and confounds me that they let Vicki go as she was at the center of nearly all the drama last season. I don't understand how it makes sense to let your biggest lighting rod head to the sidelines...

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yes, I've said the same thing for so long. Say what you will about them, but Vicki and Tamra are both survivors. Both young single mothers with deadbeat baby daddies. They made it work. Vicki, in particular, never rested on her laurels and had her own successful business before the Housewives. And Tamra used the show to lily pad herself away from controlling Simon. I have found myself wondering a lot lately how this season would be going if Vicki and/or Tamra were around. There are interesting storylines going on - Braunywn's alcoholism, Gina navigating her divorce with violent Matt, Elizabeth's divorce struggles, Shannon's; downward spiral - but, as you said, the show has absolutely no star anchors in the cast right now. I cannot help but wonder if the presence of a Vicki or a Tamra would have helped catapult this into a genuinely good season. To be honest, it still confuses and confounds me that they let Vicki go as she was at the center of nearly all the drama last season. I don't understand how it makes sense to let your biggest lighting rod head to the sidelines...

There is no lightness to this bunch. As much as I may have hated her, Vicki always brought the slapstick. Falling, waking up drunk and incoherent, being bivouacked out of a hotel in Iceland under a blanket like a giant muppet, and on and on. These chicks aren’t funny. It’s all so grim and serious. I’ll allow Gina and give the new one with the guy with the weird bald spot a chance, but the rest of these hags need to go. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

There is no lightness to this bunch. As much as I may have hated her, Vicki always brought the slapstick. Falling, waking up drunk and incoherent, being bivouacked out of a hotel in Iceland under a blanket like a giant muppet, and on and on. These chicks aren’t funny. It’s all so grim and serious. I’ll allow Gina and give the new one with the guy with the weird bald spot a chance, but the rest of these hags need to go. 

Vicki doesn't get near enough credit for being funny - both unintentionally and intentionally. I'll never forget when Kelly was loudly speaking about her vagina in a children's toy store and Vicki just looked at the owner and, without missing a beat, said, "You have a lovely store." Ha!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Vicki doesn't get near enough credit for being funny - both unintentionally and intentionally. I'll never forget when Kelly was loudly speaking about her vagina in a children's toy store and Vicki just looked at the owner and, without missing a beat, said, "You have a lovely store." Ha!

I loved Vicki early on.  The woo woo stuff got irritating. Then the cancer fraud was unforgivable to me. 

• Love 13
On 12/4/2020 at 8:45 AM, StevieRocks said:

I agree Shannon’s a Debbie downer, but low-rent??  She’s depressed.  It’s the height of the COVID scare and she has major lung damage.  I’m in NYC and remember feeling terrified the first couple months of the unknown. Not everyone understood how bad it was going to get, but Shannon did...

I don’t know anyone that’s low-rent that wears genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry.  One of her necklaces is a $60,000 necklace! Have you seen the first few seasons of RHOC?  If you compared where Shannons Knick knacks came from vs. Gina’s, it’s no contest.Low rent was Lynn Curtain, Tammy’s, Lynn’s and Lauri’s skanky kids!  Then Tamra comes along and brought the bar down even lower.  Shannon is just old school.  I agree with the dowager comments though. 

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Shannon’s a drama queen. She could take the smallest thing and make it dire. Her Major Lung Damage! Could be normal congestion. There’s a whole bunch of middle aged Karens out there preaching gloom and doom. The reality is most people are fine. I had Crapvid. Four days of headache, low grade fever, loss of smell for a couple days. I’m feeling fine again, and that’s the norm.  Shannon is a fucking hypochondriac. She sure shrieks pretty loudly for someone with Major Lung Damage! Of course she takes a pandemic and makes it about herself. 

I’m glad you are well, with no lasting impact known at this time. I know three people who have died from it. I also know others like you, and one with ongoing issues. The vast majority of people would survive Russian Roulette, but most folks wisely don’t play.

I hate it when people announce “this is why I don’t hang out with women” or something along those lines of what Elizabeth said. She also said her boyfriend told her she talked about the divorce too much and wanted to leave her, yet no pronouncements about not wanting to hang out with men. I do hope she’ll get a second year because I’m not sure we are seeing her at her best, and quite possibly at her worst.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

I hate it when people announce “this is why I don’t hang out with women” or something along those lines of what Elizabeth said. She also said her boyfriend told her she talked about the divorce too much and wanted to leave her, yet no pronouncements about not wanting to hang out with men. I do hope she’ll get a second year because I’m not sure we are seeing her at her best, and quite possibly at her worst.

Every woman that I have met who says she doesn't like hanging out with women are hanging out with men b/c they have low self-esteem and need the constant reaffirmation that they are attractive. I'm betting Elizabeth is that person.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

I’m not sure we are seeing her at her best, and quite possibly at her worst.

If one is In the process of a divorce, I'm sure they try to do their best, and agree they are most likely at their worst. Am puzzled why she would sign up for a reality show showcasing her specific divorce crazy. Guess she thinks she's not.

I felt for her in that awful scene in her home with old lady Shannon trying to one up her. Speaking of worst, Shannon is showing us a new worse side of her. Can't find any empathy for snooty, drunk, hungover, whiny Shannon. Hoping she follows the Dos Amigas.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

If one is In the process of a divorce, I'm sure they try to do their best, and agree they are most likely at their worst. Am puzzled why she would sign up for a reality show showcasing her specific divorce crazy. Guess she thinks she's not.

I felt for her in that awful scene in her home with old lady Shannon trying to one up her. Speaking of worst, Shannon is showing us a new worse side of her. Can't find any empathy for snooty, drunk, hungover, whiny Shannon. Hoping she follows the Dos Amigas.

I think Shannon is showing us that it wasn't her failing marriage that was the reason for her being miserable.  She's just that person.

• Love 11

I haven’t been anywhere since March 17th.  I have 48% lung function left because of asthma and damage to my lungs from having polio when I was 2 years old.  I’ve ridden in my car but that’s it.  It ain’t fun, so those idiots like Kelly who poo poo about COVID, calling it just the flu, can kiss by big butt. My friend is in immunology at Northwestern University Hospitals and tells horror stories.

Elizabeth is full of shit.  The HW are right——all she talks about is her divorce, despite the fact that she’s always claiming she has a non-disclosure agreement.  Hell, she meets her fitness trainer and one of the first things out of her mouth is her divorce.  

Brownwind is horrible.  You don’t tell anyone who’s OCD to get over it, especially a young child. I feel terrible for that girl.  Heck, to me, she also looks like she has an eating disorder.  Just look at that poor girl.  Emaciated, sunken eyes, bad complexion all point to an eating disorder.  But of course, it’s all about that selfish bitch. 

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I haven’t been anywhere since March 17th.  I have 48% lung function left because of asthma and damage to my lungs from having polio when I was 2 years old.  I’ve ridden in my car but that’s it.  It ain’t fun, so those idiots like Kelly who poo poo about COVID, calling it just the flu, can kiss by big butt. My friend is in immunology at Northwestern University Hospitals and tells horror stories.

Elizabeth is full of shit.  The HW are right——all she talks about is her divorce, despite the fact that she’s always claiming she has a non-disclosure agreement.  Hell, she meets her fitness trainer and one of the first things out of her mouth is her divorce.  

Brownwind is horrible.  You don’t tell anyone who’s OCD to get over it, especially a young child. I feel terrible for that girl.  Heck, to me, she also looks like she has an eating disorder.  Just look at that poor girl.  Emaciated, sunken eyes, bad complexion all point to an eating disorder.  But of course, it’s all about that selfish bitch. 

Brownwind is beyond horrible. How she treated her OCD daughter is unacceptable. I feel no sympathy for how her mom treated her because she is treating her 7 (or is it 9) that exact same way. No introspection.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

She does have an eating disorder; they talked about her anorexia last season

6 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

I agree Shannon’s a Debbie downer, but low-rent??  She’s depressed.  It’s the height of the COVID scare and she has major lung damage.  I’m in NYC and remember feeling terrified the first couple months of the unknown. Not everyone understood how bad it was going to get, but Shannon did...

I don’t know anyone that’s low-rent that wears genuine Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry.  One of her necklaces is a $60,000 necklace! Have you seen the first few seasons of RHOC?  If you compared where Shannons Knick knacks came from vs. Gina’s, it’s no contest.Low rent was Lynn Curtain, Tammy’s, Lynn’s and Lauri’s skanky kids!  Then Tamra comes along and brought the bar down even lower.  Shannon is just old school.  I agree with the dowager comments though. 

I’ve only seen the 20 motif on her, which retails for around $15K. 60K would be something like an alternating pave necklace, but I’ve never seen that on her. She does have a lot of VCA though

• Love 2
On 12/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Shannon with her “I get my meat everyday!!!”  Yeah, I doubt it, at least not with John. Can you imagine being quarantined with her? She loses her damn mind over everything. And her going on about not being in a rush to get married, um, I think John is right there with ya, girl. 
Then when she’s talking to Kelly, she says well, I don’t want to make is about me and as soon as she gets off the phone Kelly is like, everything IS about you! She couldn’t get off the phone fast enough. 

Maybe Shannon goes to the grocery store every day, but the store doesn't get their meat every day.  Did Shanny think that the chickens were walking around yesterday, and the fish were swimming?  And they were butchered this morning so Shanny could buy them fresh every day?

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 12/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, Cosmocrush said:

All the money talk is annoying but I think her ex is a billionaire and it sounds like this divorce is going to leave her a millionaire.   I know there isn't any sympathy about that from the rest of us but the guy betrayed her in the worst way and I really don't blame her for wanting to get as much as possible.  Still, she needs to stop constantly talking about it.  

Another Elizabeth lie.  Google says this guy's fortune amounts to maybe $200 million - a far cry from a billion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Every woman that I have met who says she doesn't like hanging out with women are hanging out with men b/c they have low self-esteem and need the constant reaffirmation that they are attractive. I'm betting Elizabeth is that person.

Elizabeth doesn't like hanging with women because she isn't interested in being told how annoying she is.  Girlfriends will tell you.  Men won't - they'll just tune you out.  Because they know "guy's girls" will hang around while they're eyeing her boobs and hoping for a chance to have sex with her.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/4/2020 at 1:32 PM, Boo Boo said:

Shannon needs to chop her hair off.  It's looks not only ratty but too long for her.

She also needs to stop with the overly tanned spray tan and for some reason her makeup is caked on with a trowel this season. She looks bloated, has she put some weight back on? Alcohol will do that to you. 

• Love 5
On 12/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I have found myself wondering a lot lately how this season would be going if Vicki and/or Tamra were around.

Last season was awful with them still around and that's why they were fired. I don't think this season would be any better if they were still on the show. Little rat faced Tamra was dark, petty, back stabbing and not funny or likeable at all. Vicki was pissed off all season because she was demoted to friend. I pretty much think this franchise is done no matter who they kept or bring on new. It's just toast. Beverly Hills is headed that way, too. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She also needs to stop with the overly tanned spray tan and for some reason her makeup is caked on with a trowel this season. She looks bloated, has she put some weight back on? Alcohol will do that to you. 

She looks like has put weight on. That's why she is dressing in all black and loose fitting clothes. She is fixated on weight. She constantly mentions her weight and how thin she was when she married David. She seemed to think her wieght gain was why David let her. No Shannon is was becuse you had become an unbearable nag who criticized every thing he did and said. I am sure she made his life miserable.   I don't understand why so many of these housewives thinnk that the ratty hair extensions make them look younger. Vickie had the best hair cut when she cut her hair in a mid length bob kind of like Ramona did for several seasons. This long overly bleached hair really ages them. 

• Love 10
On 12/3/2020 at 6:50 AM, ErikaOnline said:

Braunwyn was overly dramatic in the kitchen while talking to her husband and daughter. I see now why some people are saying she might be aiming for her own spin-off. Even Sean had to give her the side eye on that. Her poor daughter looked so stressed out. When isn't Braunwyn not ever talking about herself, especially to her family (Sean) lol.

I think she needs a big fat cheeseburger with fries.  She’ll feel better as she looks starved.  No spin-off.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Maybe Shannon goes to the grocery store every day, but the store doesn't get their meat every day.  Did Shanny think that the chickens were walking around yesterday, and the fish were swimming?  And they were butchered this morning so Shanny could buy them fresh every day?

And everyone wonders why David left her?  Any man with half a brain would leave too.  She’s a horror.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Last season was awful with them still around and that's why they were fired. I don't think this season would be any better if they were still on the show. Little rat faced Tamra was dark, petty, back stabbing and not funny or likeable at all. Vicki was pissed off all season because she was demoted to friend. I pretty much think this franchise is done no matter who they kept or bring on new. It's just toast. Beverly Hills is headed that way, too. 

All these housewives have run out of storylines.  They have done it all.  As a last resort, they are bringing on the kids.  As a change of pace, they should bring on some in- laws.  That should be interesting, haha.  We already have a crazy ass mother with colored snakes in her hair.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

She looks like has put weight on. That's why she is dressing in all black and loose fitting clothes. She is fixated on weight. She constantly mentions her weight and how thin she was when she married David. She seemed to think her wieght gain was why David let her. No Shannon is was becuse you had become an unbearable nag who criticized every thing he did and said. I am sure she made his life miserable.   I don't understand why so many of these housewives thinnk that the ratty hair extensions make them look younger. Vickie had the best hair cut when she cut her hair in a mid length bob kind of like Ramona did for several seasons. This long overly bleached hair really ages them. 

Everyone hated David and I don’t know why.  He seemed nice, quiet and gave her a nice home.  Wtf did she do for him except demand things and whine about everything.  Dr. Moon, her crystals all over, hated sex, blah, blah, blah.  No wonder he found a woman who maybe appreciated him and gave him attention and a nice meal and good sex.  It wasn’t her weight like she thinks.  He didn’t leave three girls for nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

She does have an eating disorder; they talked about her anorexia last season

I’ve only seen the 20 motif on her, which retails for around $15K. 60K would be something like an alternating pave necklace, but I’ve never seen that on her. She does have a lot of VCA though

Yes, that’s the long, black Alhambra necklace.  One of the things I’ve learned over the years, is just because someone doesn’t flaunt all their goods and show it off, it doesn’t mean they don’t have the goods. 

• Love 7

I never really like Shannon and like her less this season than ever. She is the definition of a woman spoiled rotten:

She grows up a “surfer chick” (lmao, I’m sure the closest she came was dressing like one) with family money, breezes into USC with a fresh (and much needed) nose job and joins a sorority to snag her MRS degree. She not only snags her MRS, but manages to land a guy well above her in the looks department - and that’s WITH the nose job.

Immediately gets married, moves to Newport and never has to work. All she has to do is stew in her neuroses. She may have worked hard raising the kids - until this show came along and she basically mentally checked out of parenting and left the girls to raise themselves while in high school. They obviously have her number and prefer to spend time with David. Her oldest basically said Shannon is so emotionally needy that her new guy will not last. 

Meanwhile, Shannon still gets a fat check each month to keep her in “the lifestyle she is accustomed to.” A lifestyle that IMO she never contributed much toward achieving. She is a bullshit person in life (again, IMO). And she knows it, and I think that’s the root of all her insecurities. 

Shannon is like a caricature of a USC sorority girl and is why people refer to the school as the University of Spoiled Children. And I say this as someone who went to USC and was in the Greek system. 

Anyone know which house she was in at USC? I’m guessing DG (Delta Gamma). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

I never really like Shannon and like her less this season than ever. She is the definition of a woman spoiled rotten:

She grows up a “surfer chick” (lmao, I’m sure the closest she came was dressing like one) with family money, breezes into USC with a fresh (and much needed) nose job and joins a sorority to snag her MRS degree. She not only snags her MRS, but manages to land a guy well above her in the looks department - and that’s WITH the nose job.

Immediately gets married, moves to Newport and never has to work. All she has to do is stew in her neuroses. She may have worked hard raising the kids - until this show came along and she basically mentally checked out of parenting and left the girls to raise themselves while in high school. They obviously have her number and prefer to spend time with David. Her oldest basically said Shannon is so emotionally needy that her new guy will not last. 

Meanwhile, Shannon still gets a fat check each month to keep her in “the lifestyle she is accustomed to.” A lifestyle that IMO she never contributed much toward achieving. She is a bullshit person in life (again, IMO). And she knows it, and I think that’s the root of all her insecurities. 

Shannon is like a caricature of a USC sorority girl and is why people refer to the school as the University of Spoiled Children. And I say this as someone who went to USC and was in the Greek system. 

Anyone know which house she was in at USC? I’m guessing DG (Delta Gamma). 

Are you the new Mrs. Beador #2 or his mom? 😄

How do you know she “breezed” into school?  She was in her late 30s (I believe 37) when she got married to David.  Someone else might remember, but she worked in the trucking industry or something like that, before she got married. I remember thinking that sounded odd occupation for Shannon. 

3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think she needs a big fat cheeseburger with fries.  She’ll feel better as she looks starved.  No spin-off.

Yahoo but if she gets that spin-off, we don’t have to see her on the RHOC anymore!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

And everyone wonders why David left her?  Any man with half a brain would leave too.  She’s a horror.

Which makes me wonder why the new boyfriend is hanging on. All I can think of is his ex must have been a real piece of work if he thinks Shannon is an upgrade. Poor guy. Or stupid guy. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Which makes me wonder why the new boyfriend is hanging on. All I can think of is his ex must have been a real piece of work if he thinks Shannon is an upgrade. Poor guy. Or stupid guy. 

TV.  He wants to be on TV.  That's all I got.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Are you the new Mrs. Beador #2 or his mom? 😄

How do you know she “breezed” into school?  She was in her late 30s (I believe 37) when she got married to David.  Someone else might remember, but she worked in the trucking industry or something like that, before she got married. I remember thinking that sounded odd occupation for Shannon. 

Yahoo but if she gets that spin-off, we don’t have to see her on the RHOC anymore!  

😂 I appreciate the fact check, just a bit pissy this morning - I swear, no relation to the Beadors 😉

I still think she is a bullshit person. Can you imagine her in a professional office setting? Good Lord. She’s lucky she snagged David when she did. 

And if she had money for tuition and went to USC in the ‘80s or ‘90s, she breezed in. Hell, I feel like it wasn’t all to difficult to get in when I went, and that was in 2001.  (Again I say this as an alum, so I say it with love. Fight on Trojans! ✌️)

ETA: leaving the the “to” typo in the above paragraph as evidence of SC not being hard to get into when I went there 😬😂

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Yes, that’s the long, black Alhambra necklace.  One of the things I’ve learned over the years, is just because someone doesn’t flaunt all their goods and show it off, it doesn’t mean they don’t have the goods. 

I have always loved that necklace, please make your checks payable to...or maybe I will start a GFM for pricey jewelry, lol.

• LOL 3

I don't find that expensive clothes, jewelry, car, home, etc equate to ones actual wealth. My aunt has all of this but has filed bankruptcy several times and she continues to add debt to keep up with the Joneses. She is perceived as well off but lives paycheck to paycheck.

I have walmart clothes, no significant jewels, a Kia and a mediocre house. I give the impression that I earn a barely middle class living, but I make a 6 figure salary, have no debt, and have saved enough to retire at 55. 

I'm not saying Shannon can't afford her lifestyle, or is going into debt to maintain it, just saying "rich" can be an illusion and creditors love to let people overextend

• Like 1
  • Love 15