Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Chapter Fourteen - The Tragedy

• Start Topic

No, no, no.  My worst fears coming true.  I get to spend the last two episodes of the season watching the baby get tortured by Moff Gideon - who turned into a true mustache twirling villain this episode.  And then I get to wait a year or more to learn the fate of Grogu and imagine the worst.

Thanks a lot, Disney!

I hated this episode. Mando felt out of character in the beginning scene.  The direction was weird and choppy throughout.   It felt directed by an amateur.  Cara Dune all of a sudden is part of the Republic without any build-up other than some vague hint two episodes ago.

I don't care one bit for Boba Fett or Fennic Shand.  The guy who plays him is not a good actor.  And his look  is very off-putting.  And it looks like they are bringing back Mayfield - a character I hated in season 1.

And to put a cherry on the crappy sundae - they blew up the Razor Crest! I loved that ship.

Sometimes it takes just one episode to spoil a whole series and that may have happened for me with this one.

• Love 3

That was a brutal episode for Mando. Of course we have a opening of him being happy and actually laughing just to have everything fall apart. I was amazed by the emotional impact of the Razor Crest blowing up and Mando picking up the ball.

I loved the fight scenes with Boba and Fennec. I’m curious if a Jedi will show up in the next episode. We have to get some kind of resolution from Grogu’s time on the stone. 

5 minutes ago, magdalene said:

And then I get to wait a year or more to learn the fate of Grogu and imagine the worst.

I’m expecting that to be resolved by the end of the season. Otherwise I think they would have waited for the for the finale to have him taken. 

Of course, taking Baby Yoda to the old temple was going to expose him to Gus Fring. It's also not too surprising that Ming-Na popped back up.

How did the dark troopers make it through the force field when Mando kept getting knocked on his @$$?

Amy Sedaris isn't going to be able to fix the Razorcrest in its current state. Is there enough Beskar around to make a space ship?

• Love 1

After watching so many Stormtroopers get killed in this episode, I was expecting Gideon to turn back to the ones behind him and say "what are you little bitches following me around for?" But then I realized they are probably the replacements for the ones Grogu was tossing around.

I had to laugh at Gideon's line about putting an eye out with the dark saber. Having said that, we've never seen anyone get hit in the face with a saber before. I imagine if one did, they would look more like how Gus looked in the Breaking Bad episode "Face Off". Speaking of which, did Grogu try to force push the dark saber into Gideon's face? That would have been somewhat comical although a little darker than I'd expect for this show.

27 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

How did the dark troopers make it through the force field when Mando kept getting knocked on his @$$?

The force field shut off a few seconds after Mando went back into battle. You'd think he would have been keeping an eye on the giant blue pillar of light shooting into the sky which would have been handy to use as a reference for when to go back but war is hell and I guess he didn't see it.

I'm not sure what to make of the Dark Troopers just yet since we haven't seen them fight. Their movement seems clunky. And if you need four of them to capture a toddler then they aren't much better than regular Stormtroopers.

Mando has been taking too many hits to the head lately. That's the only reason I can think of for some of his lapses in logic lately. For example, it should have been obvious to him that Boba Fett wasn't that kind of Mandalorian rather than asking him a bunch of "why aren't you doing things the fundie Mando way?" questions. I thought we had already established that when it comes to expected Mandalorian behavior, you are the odd man out Din. He also had to get himself zapped by a forcefield three times before realizing he couldn't just power through it. As much as he loves saying "this is the way" he seems to have a bit harder of a time with "this is not the way, literally or figuratively".

Some Jedi is going to be very confused when they get to that rock.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
57 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

The force field was down.  It went down about 1.5 seconds after Din left to join the fight, naturally.

It appears Filoni & Favreau are too much in love with their new characters and so need to keep Din out of the action - he's conveniently knocked out so that the cool fight sequences are done by Fennec and Boba; puts his jet pack down for no reason, really, so that Boba has to be the one to fly after the troopers.    Din doesn't even go back for it, to make an attempt. 

I agree that this episode was choppy.  Din showed more emotion over losing the Razor Crest (to be fair, I was shocked too, though I guess he needs a loss at this point) than Grogu.  He seemed pretty much "oh whelp, kid's gone" until Boba and Fennec said they would help him.  Just odd directing all around. 

The opening sequence was kind of cute but again (and I'm guilty of this IRL) when trying to coax a child that young, you end up sounding like you're talking to a dog, trying to get it to do a trick. 

2 hours ago, Dani said:

I’m expecting that to be resolved by the end of the season. Otherwise I think they would have waited for the for the finale to have him taken. 

Agree; I thought for sure the child would be taken in the last episode; now I think Din gets him back and the last episode probably has some kind of Jedi arriving cliff hanger, since we don't know if Grogu's communication reached anyone.

I'm not feeling this season like I was S1.   I don't mind new characters each ep, we certainly had that before, but there is a definite sense that they're being introduced to cause vast amounts of squeeing from the internet and so the characters I'd rather spend time with are not being developed.   If S3 is going to be Jedi-force-blah blah blah my excitement level will be wayyy down.  Been there, done that; hoping for something different with this show.  Grogu going right to force choke, slam the bad guys around is interesting if it's going to be developed differently than we've seen in the past - how does traveling with a violence-prone bounty hunter affect his development?  Will Din realize that it may be a negative development?  Can Grogu learn and grow as an individual using the force while living and traveling with "our" Mandalorian?  That's what I was hoping for.  I'm fresh out of interest at this point for Jedi masters.

I am sad to lose the Razor Crest, a character in itself. 

Ming-Na Wen is ageless, holy crap!

• Love 7

Mando's getting a crew together to take on Moff Gideon. I'm here for it. Although I'm not sure why he would go to Bill Barr's character. Obviously Cara would help because she likes the child and I guess Boba and Fennec are honoring a deal. Why would Barr's character help, he probably hates Mando even more. And I'm pretty sure Bo Katan will be showing up since she's after the dark saber. 

I'm one that doesn't like to see the same thing all the time. I love Mando and Grogu but I also like seeing them interact with other characters too. It would get boring if they never made any friends and allies. Grogu being a force user is above what just Din can handle on his own. 

I don't think they are sidelineing Mando, we know what he can do. We need to see what the other characters can do so he knows if they will be helpful to him. Mando will be the one to rescue the child, while the rest take care of the stormtroopers, which anyone can do, so it might as well be people we know. Stormtrooper armor is really useless isn't.

The razor Crest has been Din's home for longer then he's know the kid. So yeah I can see him being upset about losing his home. Of course he would find a way to get the kid but he thought he was alone, until Boba Fett offered his services and his ship. Which he needed to get off the planet. 

• Love 15

Wow. I really wasn’t expecting Boba or Fennec to show up in this episode. I really thought if we got to Tython that we would be seeing Force Ghosts, or a Jedi. I do like that this is part of his squad to get Grogu. Boba’s fight was really impressive.

I don’t know how I feel about being completely shut out of Grogu’s perspective. First last week with Ahsoka and now this week with the stone. It’s kinda a shame that this episode couldn’t be a smidge longer to see what Grogu was going through.

If only Mando had some way of moving fast and could control using his wrist comms. I can’t BELIEVE he didn’t pick up his jetpack. Or call it to him. I get him trying to get through to Grogu, even multiple times. Gotta get his son. Makes me positive now that he’s keeping the kid even if a Jedi shows up.

You know, the first person I would recruit to help me find my child would not have been the criminal I put behind bars. So next week is going to be another prison break and then on to Gideon? Not what I was expecting.

Also, I’m curious at the choice to not have Mando verbally react to Grogu being droid-napped. Nothing. Not even a Star Wars curse? I just expected something since we can’t see his face....

• Love 5

So much to this episode.  Din's chuckle at saying Grogu's name and his reaponse. Din trying so hard to convince himself that Grogu needs to be with Jedi since he can't train him.  Yeah you keep telling yourself that.

I liked Boba and Fennec they are strong fighters and will be assetts to Din. I feel there is a lot Boba can tell Din about things that have happened. 

Moff Gideon needs to die a horrible death. 

I'm wondering if something will happen that will cause Grogu to lose his powers and then the Jedi have no reason for him, so Din obviously keeps him and starts to train him as a Mandalorian?

I would be surprised if the last episode isn't almost an hour long.

Also, Grogu has seen the Dark Saber before? I really need to know the backstory on that. 

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, raven said:

Din showed more emotion over losing the Razor Crest (to be fair, I was shocked too, though I guess he needs a loss at this point) than Grogu.  He seemed pretty much "oh whelp, kid's gone" until Boba and Fennec said they would help him. 

And I was excited that "The Child" (which ages differently than humans, and has already had training from some Jedi masters, so I don't think it is really a child) was gone, and we could move on. But then Jango had to get all "we owe you" and mess it up.

As with all episodes of The Mandalorian, there was a lack of logic to most actions. A few examples:

- If BY is protected from Mando getting to him, let that forcefield work to your advantage. Quit wasting time trying to get the kid and set up a perimeter around him, and keep an eye on the blue light.

- You might consider hopping into your ship(s) and blasting feckless stormtroopers from the air.

- Where did Jango get that armor? Is that the armor Mando had? Didn't Mando have all his beska armor melted down to make his new armor? I've lost track of who has what armor, but it seems to me that if armor that belongs to a family can be proven to belong to that family, the family should get it back. 

- Speaking of Jango, why come on all hard and tough and then say well, we can negotiate. He's a Mando, just talk.

- "Dark Troopers...." hahahaha. Just in time for Christmas! So the strategy is to sacrifice a bunch of regular stormtroopers, let them run away and THEN send down the latest toy from Hasbro? You might start with the new guys. There seem to be quite a few of them.

- Why would Moff Gus Fring let Jango get a look at his ship and then leave, without firing? It sounded like from Jango's comment that the fact the empire is back isn't common knowledge, yet. Why let it become so?

Still don't know why Gus Fring wants BY. Also, what does handcuffs do to him? He can't use the force if he can't wave his hands? That seems like a significant Achilles heel. Duct tape can defeat the force.

I know Gus Fring won't torture BY much in this show, but really, I'd be OK with BY being gone and this becoming a revenge quest.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Ottis said:

And I was excited that "The Child" (which ages differently than humans, and has already had training from some Jedi masters, so I don't think it is really a child) was gone, and we could move on. But then Jango had to get all "we owe you" and mess it up.

I know Gus Fring won't torture BY much in this show, but really, I'd be OK with BY being gone and this becoming a revenge quest.

It's been almost two seasons. I think it is time you accepted that this show is about both Din Djarin AND Grogu. The baby is the central plotline of the show. He's not going anywhere.

The baby is definitely a baby. We've seen an adult of the species previously. This one is very definitely no more than a young toddler by the standard of its species, even if it is 50 years old. Even human toddlers are capable of learning skills.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, Llywela said:

It's been almost two seasons. I think it is time you accepted that this show is about both Din Djarin AND Grogu. The baby is the central plotline of the show. He's not going anywhere.

The baby is definitely a baby. We've seen an adult of the species previously. This one is very definitely no more than a young toddler by the standard of its species, even if it is 50 years old. Even human toddlers are capable of learning skills.

I agree.  The whole series is about Mano and the baby.  Try killing Grogu and see fans leaving in droves.  

I actually really loved this episode.  Seeing Boba actually fight - all I could think was that George Lucas did Boba dirty in Return of the Jedi.

And that's why we needed Mando to be unconscious to see what BF and Fennec can really do.  

Re Razorback - isn't BF's ship the same make?  Could be in the end - Mando will be the one flying that ship.  I do love the ship - but they needed to seriously change things up.

I know some of the stuff was very unbelievable - especially - Where is your f***ing jet pack Mando.  But we needed that to happen so they could grab the child.

Jet pack or no jet pack - Mando was not winning that battle.  

I really enjoyed this.

• Love 12

The least Boba can do is help get Grogu back,  since he’s the reason Grogu is gone. 

The whole exchange been Boba and Din could have been reduced, if he would have straight up answered Din’s questions: ”Are you a mandalorian?, ”Did you take the creed?”.  

Edited by notagain
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, raven said:

It appears Filoni & Favreau are too much in love with their new characters and so need to keep Din out of the action - he's conveniently knocked out so that the cool fight sequences are done by Fennec and Boba; puts his jet pack down for no reason, really, so that Boba has to be the one to fly after the troopers.    Din doesn't even go back for it, to make an attempt. 

Yes, they made him look like a chump so Boba and Fennec look like hardasses.  The annoying you tube  fan boys may be loving it but I just thought it was badly written and directed at the expense of the characters on this show that I love: Mando and the baby.

All season long until now I believed that all those Pedro Pedro Pascal leaving rumors were just click baiters stirring up shit. But I am starting to wonder now - Mando losing his ship and playing second fiddle to Boba Fett is not what I want.

I hate Boba and I am not watching a Boba Fett spin off.  And the notion of him as a main character instead of Mando doesn't appeal to me at all.

Laughs at self.  I may become one of those people who looks at Baby Yoda memes on tumblr and Pinterest without watching the episodes.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, notagain said:

The least Jango can do is help get Grogu back

Boba, Jango was his father.

Moff Gideon sucks as a boss. He let those two troopers get the crap beaten out of them just to see what Grogu could do.

This ep was so short. I couldn't believe when the end credits came up.

• Love 3

Jango's dead, that's Boba Fett. 

I don't think they made Mando a chump, we know what he can do. He needs help to go against Gideon and we needed to see what the others can do to know if they'd be useful to him.

Seeing Grogu throwing around the stormtroopers was great. But I am wondering where he learned the force choke the Jedi don't teach that. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

I watch this show because Baby Yoda is a main character.  They can of course be stupid and get rid of Baby Yoda and I'll drop my Disney+ subscription in a nano second. 

I doubt Disney would ever get rid of Grogu because it's people like me who pay to watch the show and buy Baby Yoda merchandise who make producing this show possible.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't think they made Mando a chump, we know what he can do. He needs help to go against Gideon and we needed to see what the others can do to know if they'd be useful to him.

Seeing Grogu throwing around the stormtroopers was great. But I am wondering where he learned the force choke the Jedi don't teach that. 

I agree-I don’t think Mando looked like a chump. I think Mando looked like a panicked parent and didn’t think clearly because of it. I really thought Mando was going to get just thrashed by the Dark Droids but apparently it was just the Force that kicked his butt during this episode.

I think the Force choke was a quickly learned behavior from his dark years after Order 66. The neck seems to be the most vulnerable spot and Grogu would have to learn quick due to his size how to go for a spot that could cause serious consequences.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

Yes, they made him look like a chump so Boba and Fennec look like hardasses.  The annoying you tube  fan boys may be loving it but I just thought it was badly written and directed at the expense of the characters on this show that I love: Mando and the baby.

All season long until now I believed that all those Pedro Pedro Pascal leaving rumors were just click baiters stirring up shit. But I am starting to wonder now - Mando losing his ship and playing second fiddle to Boba Fett is not what I want.

I hate Boba and I am not watching a Boba Fett spin off.  And the notion of him as a main character instead of Mando doesn't appeal to me at all.

Laughs at self.  I may become one of those people who looks at Baby Yoda memes on tumblr and Pinterest without watching the episodes.

Pedro Pascal isn't leaving.  This show would not work at all with Boba Fett as the new Mando. 

Even though I like Boba Fett - I would't watch it. 

I do think that Mando ends up with Boba's ship.  

I also look at the Yoda memes as well.  

• Love 4

Well... that was rough.  I didn't like it at all.  Though I know that real conflict has to happen for a show to be good, I still hate it.

I knew we'd see Fennec again, but that was still a bit of a surprise.  The only good surprise of the episode because Ming-Na Wen is lovely.

Ugh.

Just... ugh.

• Love 5

As soon as I saw that the episode was called "The Tragedy", I got very worried there for a bit.  At least both Mando and Grogu are still in one piece, but the lost of the Razor Crest is still a tragedy.  It had been through so much!  At least Grogu's favorite toy survived!  Oh, and that spear that I'm hoping Mando will be introducing to Moff Gideon come finale time!

Not surprised that Temuera Morrison's character ended up being Boba Fett since he played Jango in Attack of the Clones, but I still liked the reveal, and it was nice finally seeing Boba in action and finally getting to witness his badassery, instead of just simmering in the corner like he did in the films, but having cool armor so fans created their own versions of him instead.  And him being the one that found Fennec's body last season and saving her was cool, since this has brought her back into the game and I'm all for more Ming-Na Wen awesomeness, now that Agents of SHIELD is done.  Those two definitely make for one deadly duo!

I do agree that there were a few moments where Mando seemed to be written dafter/out of character and I understand the criticism that this season seems to be setting up a lot of potential spin-offs, but I don't think all of this is leading to Mando being taking off the board or reduced in his own show.  I think all of this is just atypical "the hero gets put through the wringer and beaten down right before the finale" stuff, and it will all end with him rising up again and saving the day.  Again, maybe some of the writing is questionable (although as much as I love this show, that's nothing new), but I really don't see his or Grogu's exit anytime soon, if ever.  Despite the flashy new (or new for live action) characters, I have to think Favreau and Filoni know that Mando, Grogu, and their relationship is the driving force of this show.  They've earned my trust for now (now, had George Lucas been still running things...)

Could tell this Robert Rodriguez was the one behind the camera, with all of the stylish action.  I wonder if he and Filoni ever met up and compared cowboy hats.

I know they're the bad guys here, but the Stormtroopers really have the worst jobs ever.  They should unionize for sure.

Gideon is so prepared that he even had special child-size handcuffs for Grogu!  Or has the Empire been imprisoning a lot of kids lately, and they have those on hand for all of their "guests?"  Giancarlo Esposito definitely was having a ball sliming it up in that final scene.

So, Mando now has to safe Grogu, and at least has some back-up with Boba and Fennic, since they are honoring the agreement they made to get Boba is armor back.  It now looks like he is working with Cara again (someone better clue Greef in as well!), and the next part of his plan to save Grogu is.... find and recruit Bill Burr?!  Not something one would normally think, I imagine!  I guess it's because he is a former Imperial solider and Mando needs his knowledge about the Star Destroyer, but I have to think it will take a lot to convince him.  And even if that's possible, how long will he last before his big mouth causes Cara or Fennic to just throw him out of a space port...

Two episodes left! 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

Boba was keeping a huge inventory of cybernetic implants around for a rainy day? In case a super assassin could be revived and turned into an honour-bound slave?

Mando needs to call Frog Lady, so she can find Bo-Katan.

Did Cara kill EVERY Imperial officer she found? No other inmates in the Republic prison system know some fool-proof security / transponder codes?  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Why would Barr's character help, he probably hates Mando even more.

He is supposed to be an excellent long range sniper. He is in prison, he can either stay there or help Mando rescue Grogu or as I like to think of him as Frogu short for Frog Gulpper.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, notagain said:

The whole exchange been Boba and Din could have been reduced, if he would have straight up answered Din’s questions: ”Are you a mandalorian?, ”Did you take the creed?”.  

The answer to the second question is no so it wouldn’t have resolved anything. Mando is still struggling to come to terms with the fact that is narrow view of what makes a Mandalorian is wrong. 

15 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

he can either stay there or help Mando rescue Grogu or as I like to think of him as Frogu short for Frog Gulpper.

You are getting into Lost territory - Froyo

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Llywela said:

I think it is time you accepted that this show is about both Din Djarin AND Grogu. The baby is the central plotline of the show. He's not going anywhere.

Oh, I am sadly aware that the show is largely about Grogu. My point is, it would be a better show without Grogu. More interesting, more original, etc.  It's basically a kids show. Maybe that's the audience Disney wants, which is fine. It could be so much more though if it were about a bounty hunter traversing the galaxy.

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Though I know that real conflict has to happen for a show to be good, I still hate it.

That was real conflict? Hmmm. Aside from knocking stormtrooper armor off with a staff, it was G-rated, I thought.

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Plot by numbers, yes.

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

I do agree that there were a few moments where Mando seemed to be written dafter/out of character and I understand the criticism that this season seems to be setting up a lot of potential spin-offs, but I don't think all of this is leading to Mando being taking off the board or reduced in his own show.  I think all of this is just atypical "the hero gets put through the wringer and beaten down right before the finale" stuff, and it will all end with him rising up again and saving the day. 

Plot by numbers, yes.

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I accept your expertise, I admittedly have no idea which is which. I just thought I heard that character say the opposite. Thanks for the correction.

6 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I accept your expertise, I admittedly have no idea which is which. I just thought I heard that character say the opposite. Thanks for the correction.

It was his father, Jango Fett's armor that's why he wanted it back. He was showing Mando that it belonged to him. 

I wonder if Ming Na Wen is going to be in the rumored Boba Fett show. That might get me to watch it. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ottis said:

That was real conflict? Hmmm. Aside from knocking stormtrooper armor off with a staff, it was G-rated, I thought.

Yes, I said conflict, not combat.  It's obviously conflict when a main character is kidnapped by the bad guy.  

"In [any storytelling], a conflict is a literary device characterized by a struggle between two opposing forces. Conflict provides crucial tension in any story and is used to drive the narrative forward."  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Yoda was like 900 when met him, his species ages much slower then humans. 

Yes, as acknowledged. But a 900yo can be a child for, say, 20 years, or 50 years, can be an adult for 700 years and can be elderly for 150 years. There is no way to know with the baby. AT some point an entity is able to understand and do things that may make them no longer a child. BY is pretty close, IMHO.

Just now, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yes, I said conflict, not combat.  It's obviously conflict when a main character is kidnapped by the bad guy.  

"In [any storytelling], a conflict is a literary device characterized by a struggle between two opposing forces. Conflict provides crucial tension in any story and is used to drive the narrative forward."  

I don't disagree that conflict has a wider definition. Being carried to a ship, set on a bench, and falling asleep isn't much conflict or combat, IMO. I felt zero tension, because BY wasn't in more danger than a dog left alone in a house. BY didn't even know about the handcuffs, yet. Hence it was pretty G-rated.

4 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I don't disagree that conflict has a wider definition. Being carried to a ship, set on a bench, and falling asleep isn't much conflict or combat, IMO. I felt zero tension, because BY wasn't in more danger than a dog left alone in a house. BY didn't even know about the handcuffs, yet. Hence it was pretty G-rated.

Sorry, but you're not getting my point.  It's ok, we'll move on.  

• Love 4

GIVE ME BACK MY BABY YOU MONSTER! 

Anyway, I am actually kind of glad that we got to Moff Gideon capturing The Child while we still have a few episodes left, it means that we can save him before the season ends, I was worried that this would be our season finale cliffhanger, and I would have to spend the whole break worrying about our sweet baby Grogu. Yeah, the name still isn't totally working for me, but I'm sure I'll get used to get eventually. 

This episode had a lot of good aspects, but it felt off for some reason. Possibly because it went back to season ones half an hour episode instead of this seasons longer episodes and it felt rushed, and there were a few parts where Din seemed out of character, especially seemingly giving up on finding the baby before Boba and Fennec said they could help, that's not like him at all. It almost felt like half of a full episode, or a mini episode that sets up the end of the season. The opener was really cute though, I should have known everything would go to hell, Din and the baby were too happy. 

I do think that this season has possibly gotten a little heavy on bringing in characters from other parts of Star Wars, and for the most part its been great, but it does feel a little like its become a testing site for possible backdoor pilots. I am not really complaining, as they have mostly been pretty seamless in integrating those characters into this shows narrative, its a possible problem that should be kept an eye on. I don't at all think they want to replace our Mando and baby though, the creators know that they are the real stars and it would be a huge mistake to totally retool the show after so much success. 

On the one hand, Din and the baby are the heart of the show and no way should the show ever be about anything than them riding around the galaxy having adopted father/son adventures, and I love the two of them interacting and how the baby has caused Din to grow so much as a person. On the other hand, I do like having some reoccurring characters around for them to interact with, it keeps things interesting and adds different dynamics to the show. The show is kind of unique in that it really only has two main characters who are in every episode, one of whom we never see his face, and the other is a baby who cant speak, so it kind of needs other characters to show up for Din to talk to sometimes. 

RIP Razor Crest, it really does feel like losing a friend, its been through so much with us. 

I am so glad that Fennec is still alive and kicking ass, you do NOT kill off Ming-Na Wen after just one measly episode, she is a multiple episode major guest star at minimum. We also get Boba after hyping him up since before the show even started, and he did get some cool fight scenes, even if his characterization was just what you expect from mysterious mercenary guy. In fact, he kind of acts like Din did when we first met him, before his character growth. It should be interesting to see what they do with him next, the last time we saw in in live action was in the movies, where, if you have heard of him through fans or in the expanded universe, you might find thoroughly underwhelming. He pretty much just stands there in cool looking armor before getting taken out without much fuss. 

Now onto the rescue mission, lets round up those reoccurring characters. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

This episode had a lot of good aspects, but it felt off for some reason. Possibly because it went back to season ones half an hour episode instead of this seasons longer episodes and it felt rushed, and there were a few parts where Din seemed out of character, especially seemingly giving up on finding the baby before Boba and Fennec said they could help, that's not like him at all. It almost felt like half of a full episode, or a mini episode that sets up the end of the season. The opener was really cute though, I should have known everything would go to hell, Din and the baby were too happy. 

I got the impression that he was basically in some sort of shock.  He lost both Grogu and the Razor Crest within seconds of each other.  I think he probably didn't know how to go rescue Grogu without a ship to get there, so it just seemed like he was giving up but he was really just shocked and lost.  I'm glad Boba was there to help him out of it quickly (and give him a ride).  

• Love 18
5 hours ago, magdalene said:

I feel bad for all the kids who saved their allowance and got the LEGO Razorcrest.

This will probably make it more popular. Just look at the lego Death Star. 

Edited by Guest

So much to talk about with this episode, both good and bad! I really enjoyed the opening scene, and hopefully once Mando gets Grogu back, the ball will be Grogu's forever!

I didn't really understand why Boba didn't try to get his armor back on Tatooine, or how he even tracked Mando down. Maybe he really is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy! Congrats to those of us who were pretty positive that it was Boba back in season 1 that came across Fennec's body. Everyone gets a blue macaron. Loved seeing Boba fight in his armor, and there was a particular shot where he really looked badass and reminded me of the old Boba. The armor is a bit snug, but hey, it still fits!

I can't believe the razor crest is gone! I literally dropped my jaw and whispered Noooooo when it happened. And even though we can't see Mando's face, I could just picture the shock and sadness.

Like others have said, I thought the lack of emotion Mando showed when Grogu was taken was odd. And when he was talking to Cara, I would have thought the first thing he'd of said was "they've taken the kid!", or that the first thing Cara would have asked is "where's the kid?"

It seems like Mando is building his own team to go after the baby, but to me it would make more sense for him to contact the new republic and let them know what is going on so they could offer some assistance. Mayfeld was a sharpshooter, but maybe Mando also wants him because he worked for the empire and might have some knowledge of the inner workings of the ship they're trying to infiltrate.

I'm really hoping the season ends with Mando running Moff through with the beskar spear. I'm also predicting the heroes will get saved at the last minute by a Jedi and/or some other Mandos.

You could definitely tell this episode was filmed in the California hills and not on the Volume. I wish they would have added a filter to make it seem less like sunny California. When they first mentioned the planets, for some reason I was expecting a place that was less sunny and that had a really lush jungle. The episode also could have been longer. Not sure if Rodriguez was the best choice to direct this episode.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

I feel bad for all the kids who saved their allowance and got the LEGO Razorcrest.

Well, now it comes in it’s current condition...

I’m a bit surprised that they destroyed the ship so thoroughly- it does feel like a big part of the identity of the show.  But I guess it makes sense to take literally everything away from him all at once.  Ah well- at least we’ll be getting a rich tapestry of retribution once Din tracks down the Moff.

Very pleased to see the Boba Fett who fans have been imagining for 40 years now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Oh nooooo, not Grogu.   The look on Grogu's face when the dark storm trooper was taking him away was heartbreaking.   he was looking for daddy to save him but Daddy was too far away.    Plus he was still wore out from the force sending.   You saw him laying down on the stone when the DST showed up.   

The scene in the beginning with the ball  was so cute.   But again, every time Daddy mentioned that Grogu would go with the Jedi, he looked sad.   Grogu is not going anywhere under his own freewill.    Mando is his dad now, whether Mando likes it or not.   

Moff Gideon can take his dark saber and shove it up his ass.   Stealing a child and then putting him in cuffs.   Why?   Because he was afraid of Grogu that's why.   Notice he always called Grogu "it."

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Llywela said:

yes it's been Lone Wolf and Cub in SPACE!!!! since the end of first episode.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Re Razorback - isn't BF's ship the same make?  Could be in the end - Mando will be the one flying that ship.  I do love the ship - but they needed to seriously change things up.

Razer Crest and Slave 1 are totally different ships, they don't even look the same. 

Excuse me while I SQUEEEE!

Boba Fett! OMG we got Boba Fett in his armor, kicking ass...now gee Boba I think you know a smuggler who hung around with a Jedi...maybe offer to put in a call? 🤣 I'm sure you can get over the whole Sarlacc Pitt

I gasped when they blew up the Razor Crest but, I noticed they made a point of Mando finding the Beskar Spear...can we start calling it Chekhov's Spear?

Mando is putting a team together to go rescue Baby Yoda (sorry, I hate the name). Bo-Katan and her crew will obviously play a part, she wants More Gideon and the Dark Saber. Cara Dune and Grief Targa will go because they love the kid. Boba Fett and Fennec owe a debt/promise to Mando.  

I don't think Ahsoka will show up Mando will face off with Gideon Dark Saber vs Beskar Spear. 

I thought Baby Yoda was going Dark Side, pretty sure he was doing some Force Choke there. I was waiting to hear the neck snap.

My guess, S2 ends with Gideon dead, S3 brings Grand Admiral Thrawn in as the Big Bad. I also think a Jedi shows up (no idea who but, I saw a suggestion of Sebastian Stan as late 20s Like Skywalker and I didn't hate it).

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Razer Crest and Slave 1 are totally different ships, they don't even look the same. 

My apologies.  My ability to recognize the make of automobiles is equally as bad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

My apologies.  My ability to recognize the make of automobiles is equally as bad.

Sorry if I came off assholish it was unintentional, I was just really hyped up from the episode.

Here are the 2 ships. Slave 1 (top) Razer Create (bottom)

Slave_I_DICE.png

RazorCrestIcePlanet-DB.jpg

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5