Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E014: Bizarre New World

druzy
  • Start Topic

Kail gives birth to her 4th child. Chelsea worries about her health amid Cole’s covid-19 scare. Briana and Devoin get into a fight about finances. Leah's world is flipped upside down with all 3 kids at home. Jade calls Sean out for being unmotivated.

Airs December 1, 2020

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Welp, last week, I and the rest of the world watched Briana’s tiny child sitting on her potty wearing nothing from the waist down, a complete and total invasion of her privacy in the name of the almighty dollar.  This week, we get to watch Jade’s toddler being ignored by her mother and manhandled and chastised by her father (who absolutely would have hit her if not for the cameras; you could see it in his eyes).  Everyone freely curses in the presence of their small children, something that irks me to no end.  The only time Kailyn behaves anything remotely like a stable(-ish) mother is directly following the birth of another addition to her ever-expanding litter.  That being said, I have to grudgingly admit that her boys seem like great little guys.  So at least there’s that.

As for Briana receiving financial help from Devoin, why are we even still discussing this?  I raised a child alone and received child support.  I received it under protest, but still, I received it.  There were no fights or constant confrontations, simply payments that were expected on time every time, period.  Not going through the court system seems to be some sort of bizarre pride issue with some women.  I have a sister who also didn’t go through the courts.  She said she viewed it negatively because it “forces the father to pay.”  HUH?!  You don’t have to deal with a non-custodial parent who refuses to pay or consistently underpays.  You don’t have to convene kitchen table staff meetings with each baby daddy to hash out which expenses they will cover.  The courts are there to eliminate that.  I realize that setting aside a morning to go to court and have the amount set doesn’t make for great reality TV plot points, but my God.  No one can be forced to be an actual parent, but they can be forced to contribute to their child’s upbringing.  And if they still won’t pay, life can be made very unpleasant for them.  And honestly, Briana is probably asking for much less than the courts would order Devoin to pay, so he’ll regret his hissy fits (his valid arguments about Briana’s wasteful spending notwithstanding).

As for Cole, yes, that COVID nasal swab is no joke, but as always . . . shut up.

• Love 17

I guess for some reason I’m just in a benevolent mood tonight, because I actually found Kail pretty likable. I agree that her boys seem like great kids, and I do think she really loves them and is a good Mom to them. They seem happy and, though I hate this expression, she did seem to be “glowing “ when introducing  Creed to his big brothers. 
  I agree that it seems like Sean wanted to hit Kloie, but she doesn’t act afraid of him at all, so maybe he doesn’t hit her, at least not often.
   Cole... He didn’t annoy me that much. He did clearly enjoy having the spotlight to himself for a few minuttes though , didn’t he?

Devoin is a moron, but I have to admit I laughed when he commented on Brianna’s “$15,000 body “.

For the record, and I’m sorry if people have covered this already, but don’t these girls get paid by MTV? I always assumed they got paid pretty well based on the cars they drive and stuff like that, but maybe most of Kail’s money comes from the podcast? I’m baffled. I’m the one who commented last week that Jade was claiming on her Instagram that her only income was from the salon. And then there is McKenzie and her rodeo boyfriend on “Teen Mom OG “ who are clearly living in relative poverty. Does anyone know how much these girls get paid per episode?

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 7

The only reason Brianna does not want to go through the courts for child support is that she could be forced to give the dads regular visits and/or partial custody.  Brianna does not like anyone else calling the shots when it comes to doling out privileges like spending time with her kids.  She likes to have that carrot to dangle in front of the dads to get them to do what she wants, or to punish them for not doing what she wants, when she wants.  It's a control things with Brianna, so she's trying to get the money without having to lose any control. 

It's crazy that Creed looks so different than Lux given they have the same parentage.  Does Lux have a mustache? That kid just looks  . . .  never mind. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

For the record, and I’m sorry if people have covered this already, but don’t these girls get paid by MTV? I always assumed they got paid pretty well based on the cars they drive and stuff like that, but maybe most of Kail’s money comes from the podcast? I’m baffled. I’m the one who commented last week that Jade was claiming on her Instagram that her only income was from the salon. And then there is McKenzie and her rodeo boyfriend on “Teen Mom OG “ who are clearly living in relative poverty. Does anyone know how much these girls get paid per episode?

I mentioned this in a previous episode thread but it bears repeating, the newer additions receive far less money to film than do the originals.  Similar to the pay structure on Real Housewives, each women has a separate negotiated contract amount with the production company (not MTV).  Kailyn, Leah & Chelsea, having renegotiated that amount 10x now and are paid well, which is why they don't work elsewhere. Briana & Jade make far less money (if I had to guess, probably 1/10th the amount for Jade). 

It's also worth noting that the women are not paid a typical salary, they are independent contractors and receive a lump sum for each season.  Out of that lump sum, they are responsible to pay their own taxes, insurance, etc.   For that reason, I don't doubt that Briana used her lump sum payments to pay for the condo/furnishings and lives off the salary from her corporate gig. 

MTV/the production company also plays games with seasons. Rather than start a new season, requiring renegotiation, they often start filming again months later and label the episodes with the same season number. The contracts are pretty one-sided and allow for that flexibility. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

The only reason Brianna does not want to go through the courts for child support is that she could be forced to give the dads regular visits and/or partial custody.  Brianna does not like anyone else calling the shots when it comes to doling out privileges like spending time with her kids.  She likes to have that carrot to dangle in front of the dads to get them to do what she wants, or to punish them for not doing what she wants, when she wants.  It's a control things with Brianna, so she's trying to get the money without having to lose any control. 

It's crazy that Creed looks so different than Lux given they have the same parentage.  Does Lux have a mustache? That kid just looks  . . .  never mind. 

I have mentioned this before, but the control isn't solely in Briana's hands. The fathers have agency, too--they just do not choose to use their legal rights because then THEY will be formally on the hook for child support. So the "game" is being played from both sides, imo.

I do agree that Briana's motivation is getting money without giving up control, but the dads are perfectly able to file papers stating that they presume they are the fathers. If Briana contests and she is wrong, she would have to pay the court costs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I mentioned this in a previous episode thread but it bears repeating, the newer additions receive far less money to film than do the originals.  Similar to the pay structure on Real Housewives, each women has a separate negotiated contract amount with the production company (not MTV).  Kailyn, Leah & Chelsea, having renegotiated that amount 10x now and are paid well, which is why they don't work elsewhere. Briana & Jade make far less money (if I had to guess, probably 1/10th the amount for Jade). 

It's also worth noting that the women are not paid a typical salary, they are independent contractors and receive a lump sum for each season.  Out of that lump sum, they are responsible to pay their own taxes, insurance, etc.   For that reason, I don't doubt that Briana used her lump sum payments to pay for the condo/furnishings and lives off the salary from her corporate gig. 

MTV/the production company also plays games with seasons. Rather than start a new season, requiring renegotiation, they often start filming again months later and label the episodes with the same season number. The contracts are pretty one-sided and allow for that flexibility. 

Thanks!! Very informative. That explains a lot of the discrepancies we’re seeing. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I guess for some reason I’m just in a benevolent mood tonight, because I actually found Kail pretty likable. I agree that her boys seem like great kids, and I do think she really loves them and is a good Mom to them. They seem happy and, though I hate this expression, she did seem to be “glowing “ when introducing  Creed to his big brothers. 
  I agree that it seems like Sean wanted to hit Kloie, but she doesn’t act afraid of him at all, so maybe he doesn’t hit her, at least not often.
   Cole... He didn’t annoy me that much. He did clearly enjoy having the spotlight to himself for a few minuttes though , didn’t he?

Devoin is a moron, but I have to admit I laughed when he commented on Brianna’s “$15,000 body “.

Kail's kids are well adjusted and happy despite their mother's screwy life, screwy abusive relationship with one of the baby daddy's and the lack of family for them to know and be a part of from her side. They all, except Lux and now Creed (dumb name BTW) have good relationships with their fathers and see them and  their extended families on a regular basis. As they get older I'm sure there will be problems in trying to shield them from the social media trolls and comments about their mom's sex life, fights with other teen moms and baby daddy's. 

Everything is great right now as long as she has a "friend" to help her with the kids and be a sounding board for her gripes about all three baby daddy's...she is not your typical single mom of four...she has plenty of money, for now, and manages to find "helpers" like this current friend, to help with childcare, chauffeuring etc...but at some point this show will end and so will her salary. then it will be a lot tougher to maintain this lifestyle. Hopefully she has planned for it and socked some money away for the kids.

Devoin showed his true colors in the car...what an act he puts on when he's with Brianna and her family. He barely spoke to Nova and then lied to her that her mom "really' wanted to see her that was why he was driving her home. He's just a pathetic excuse for a father. If Brianna wants him to contribute financially she may have to go to court. I understand her trepidation about it but to be constantly nagging for it is useless...he's just a blob.

• Love 8

I’m no fan of Kail’s but a homebirth is impressive. I couldn’t wait for my epidurals. I love how excited the big brothers were to meet Creed. 

I used to feel bad for Jade because her mom is such a fat sack of shit and a drugged up user. But now it’s annoying that she continues to entrust this sack of shit mother with her young child instead of cutting her off until she’s clean. Why is always so exhausted? Does she color hair 14 hours a day? Is it just that nobody in her family works so an 8 hour day feels pretty intense in comparison? Her and Sean are such trashy parents, with the constant swearing and yelling in front of Kloie and the Cheetos snacks in front of a tablet.

I had to FF through Leah’s segments. They were boring AF. 

Briana works to get smart? What? Does Devoin think she’s working towards a PhD? That was such a stupid text conversation. You owe fucking money because she’s your fucking spawn. Why can’t Briana just directly say something along those lines instead of “do you take me for a joke”? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

I used to feel bad for Jade because her mom is such a fat sack of shit and a drugged up user. But now it’s annoying that she continues to entrust this sack of shit mother with her young child instead of cutting her off until she’s clean. Why is always so exhausted? Does she color hair 14 hours a day? Is it just that nobody in her family works so an 8 hour day feels pretty intense in comparison? Her and Sean are such trashy parents, with the constant swearing and yelling in front of Kloie and the Cheetos snacks in front of a tablet.

Same - I don't understand why she lets that fat piece of shit watch her kid, and I definitely don't understand why she would let her DRIVE her kid around.  She has been excited for the day her parents have their own place?  Oh, yes, we have all been waiting for the day our 50 year old parents finally moved out and spread their wings!  I am sure they will be back with her in... 3 months?  Or however long it takes to evict someone over non-payment.

Sean was getting testy with her and the kid because he doesn't want her drugged up parents to watch his kid, but I am sure he feels like he has no say because Jade controls everything, and he is basically living off her himself.  Even though he is a lazy loafer, he should still get a say, IMO.

Leah's segments were... the kids driving to their dad's house and then... the kids going back to their mom's house.  OK show.

OH but if that wasn't boring enough, we got the season-long story line of Chelsea and Cole wondering if they have COVID.  They have stuffy noses, that is the WHOLE F-ING STORYLINE.

And of course every shot of Aubree now is her scrolling on her phone.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Sure, Brianna, you had kids with such fine upstanding men that of course they will do they right thing by you! Why in the world would you need to take them to court? They have always been so responsible and forthcoming with support.

What an idiot. I think she just doesn’t want to have to pony up the money for a lawyer to take either of them to court.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Adiba said:

I have mentioned this before, but the control isn't solely in Briana's hands. The fathers have agency, too--they just do not choose to use their legal rights because then THEY will be formally on the hook for child support. So the "game" is being played from both sides, imo.

I do agree that Briana's motivation is getting money without giving up control, but the dads are perfectly able to file papers stating that they presume they are the fathers. If Briana contests and she is wrong, she would have to pay the court costs.

Are we sure she can even take them to court?  I thought she did not put them on the birth certificate. You can’t get money from people who aren’t even the father.  And if she did she would have to stop being such a martyr, which is really all she cares about anyway!

• Love 5

Jade speaks only in a monotonous tone. We rarely see her smile or act  happy. I know she has no support and is surrounded by no good moochers. She just seems perpetually depressed. I feel badly for her. I admire her work ethic and she has great ambition, but she’s just stuck in a rut. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Are we sure she can even take them to court?  I thought she did not put them on the birth certificate. You can’t get money from people who aren’t even the father.  And if she did she would have to stop being such a martyr, which is really all she cares about anyway!

Not that she can initiate or has to be the one— if a man thinks he is the father of a child, HE can file legal papers and request a DNA. The mother can oppose, but if it turns out the DNA confirms paternity, she would have to pay the court costs. Briana would have no choice but to comply with whatever the court decided or be in contempt. 
The name on the birth certificate of the father, especially in the case of an unmarried mother, is not necessarily legally binding.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Does this woman have any functioning brain cells?

bri.jpg

Even in the best of circumstances when parents are separated I would still recommend  they go through the courts. It protects everyone. Should Devoin and Louis be better than the lump of rocks they are? Yes. Should Brianna get to say jump and how high? No. Just go to fucking court and get an official agreement in place. This shit is just drama for dramas sake.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Even in the best of circumstances when parents are separated I would still recommend  they go through the courts. It protects everyone. Should Devoin and Louis be better than the lump of rocks they are? Yes. Should Brianna get to say jump and how high? No. Just go to fucking court and get an official agreement in place. This shit is just drama for dramas sake.

I completely agree. Chelsea went to court and got child support from that lump of nothingness Adam...when he doesn't make payments he gets to spend some time at his home away from home...you know, jail.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

I’m no fan of Kail’s but a homebirth is impressive. I couldn’t wait for my epidurals. I love how excited the big brothers were to meet Creed. 

Briana works to get smart? What? Does Devoin think she’s working towards a PhD? That was such a stupid text conversation. You owe fucking money because she’s your fucking spawn. Why can’t Briana just directly say something along those lines instead of “do you take me for a joke”? 

I can't say I feel sorry for Jade as much as I would like to...I mean, obviously, she has deep issues with her family that seem to be unresolvable. I feel that she and her parents and Sean are codependent with each other. Until they get family counseling and Jade gets individual counseling as well, this will only continue and get passed down to Kloie. Sean's behavior was disturbing when he yelled at Kloie and grabbed her. I worry about his unstable personality and temper...doesn't take too much for him to explode and wind up slapping Kloie. Jade needs to kick him out and only allow him to see Kloie only when she is present. He's the Dad but his outbursts, possible physical violence in the future is something that Jade should try to prevent now. He's going to continue to be a lardass and squat at her place and just sit around playing video games and yelling at Kloie when she acts like a two year old...this family reminds me of "Hillbilly Elegy" the book and movie.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

There is no reason for anyone to go to court in this case. Brianna will not take them 1) she likes the drama of being “so taken advantage of” 2) she would lose all control over visitation and what not. Devon and Louis have no F’s to give. They don’t want visitation and they don’t really care about being fathers. As it stands now they can do whatever they want until they have to listen to a scolding once a year or so. She yells at them and tells them to do better and pay. They do it for a bit than go right back to not caring anymore! The mistake these girls make is thinking these guys will ever give a crap and want to be better fathers, or wake up one day and realize they missed out on raising a kid. You procreated with losers who do not care! They will never care! Just move on with your life ladies!

• Love 8

I think this entire court ordered child support thing is all about emotions not logic. In our capitalist society there’s the attitude that if you pay for something you have control over it, and a lot of Moms in Briana’s situation (yes even women who are more intelligent, emotionally mature etc), feel if they are going to do all of the physical and emotional work of parenting they don’t want to give anyone else a smidgen of credit for the financial work. Not a SMIDGEN. 

And let’s be real- if Devion or Luis had professional jobs with good benefits they may feel differently, but the fathers aren’t successful enough financially for the dollar amount of child support to out weigh the EMOTIONS I described above. Especially because in Briana’s situation she does have her Mom’s help physically and financially. 

I asked my Mom about this (being a single mother herself - although a lot more professional and financially successful than these chicks) and she agreed with me. She had of my sister hadn’t existed she wouldn’t have asked my father for a dime in child support, but my sister’s disabilities and care cost so much more than she anticipated (and she was angry about how he’s ignored my sister). Now both my parents are/were physicians making 6 figures , so her stance made NO financial sense but she admits she felt that way 25-30yrs ago. 

• Love 7

Briana really shouldn't worry about either 'father' getting visitation if she goes through the courts for child support.  She has to hound them to see the kids as it is, they're not going to magically become attentive fathers because of a court order.  But the pros and cons must be weighed here and the decision must be lived with, so make one and quit complaining.   You will never, never, never get both full child support and full control.  Gotta pick one.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OH but if that wasn't boring enough, we got the season-long story line of Chelsea and Cole wondering if they have COVID.  They have stuffy noses, that is the WHOLE F-ING STORYLINE.

I questioned whether either of them was even sick. Their "storyline" for two episodes has been "OMG, I might have COVID! Come watch me take a test! Phew, test came back negative, but what a scare!" This after the riveting multiple-episode arc of "Aubree is getting a cellphone!" It's so past time for them to leave the show.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Devon and Louis have no F’s to give. They don’t want visitation and they don’t really care about being fathers. As it stands now they can do whatever they want until they have to listen to a scolding once a year or so. She yells at them and tells them to do better and pay. They do it for a bit than go right back to not caring anymore! The mistake these girls make is thinking these guys will ever give a crap and want to be better fathers, or wake up one day and realize they missed out on raising a kid. You procreated with losers who do not care! They will never care! Just move on with your life ladies!

Look what happens when you substitute Jenelle for Devoin and Luis, and Barb for Brianna:

Jenelle has no F’s to give. She doesn't want visitation and she doesn't really care about being Jace's mother. As it stands now she can do whatever she wants until she has to listen to a scolding once a year or so. Barb yells at her and tells her to do better and pay. Jenelle does it for a bit than goes right back to not caring anymore! The mistake Barb makes is thinking Jenelle will ever give a crap and want to be a better mother to Jace, or wake up one day and realize she missed out on raising Jace.  Jenelle is a loser who does not care! She will never care! Just move on with your life, lady!

• Love 7

I think it's time to ditch all these young women and their (it must be said) adorable children.  Leah goes through waves (remember when she was doing a speaking tour to christ I don't even know what she was supposed to be "speaking" about) of presenting herself as Professional and wears her full makeup around the house and has adult convos with her poor daughters then a month later it's back to idk Hillbilly Heaven.  She is not a stable person and needs more therapy.  It seems that in her family she is the "successful" one that everyone looks up to, yes indeed, drug-addicted and as far as I can see totally reliant on MTV for her income.  I wish MTV would warn these young women, all of them, that the real world awaits them when their time on this show is over and give them say one season without pay so they can experience what they're going to experience.  Some of them (Chelsea, Kail) buy houses as if it's time for a new wardrobe.  Normal people don't do that.  I wish the fathers of Leah's daughters were in a position to take full custody of those girls.  Leah tries to show how enlightened she is by treating them like adults, and it can't be good for them.  Even college-educated Kale (she has a degree, did you know) isn't quite as bad as Leah in demonstrating how children "should be" talked to.  Oh wait Kale is worse.

And another thing:  children unless their parents are very rich shouldn't expect regular, clockwork vacations in exotic locales.

• Love 9

Well well, so it looks like Devoin and Brianna are feuding resulting in Devoin releasing the UNEDITED text messages from he and Brianna regarding Nova.  So it looks like Devoin isn't the deadbeat that he may have been portrayed especially this season.

He supposedly sees Nova very regularly and has her a significant amount of the week. From the messages Brianna has been trying to block him shooting with MTV, and that is Devoin main gripe since he is not working regularly since Covid. That was also the cause of his comments about how much "money" Brianna has, they were based in the context of him not being able to get "fair pay" but being used as a fake storyline for Brianna to get paid. 

Not that I think Devoin is father of the year but I see a lot of valid points from him. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Well well, so it looks like Devoin and Brianna are feuding resulting in Devoin releasing the UNEDITED text messages from he and Brianna regarding Nova.  So it looks like Devoin isn't the deadbeat that he may have been portrayed especially this season.

He supposedly sees Nova very regularly and has her a significant amount of the week. From the messages Brianna has been trying to block him shooting with MTV, and that is Devoin main gripe since he is not working regularly since Covid. That was also the cause of his comments about how much "money" Brianna has, they were based in the context of him not being able to get "fair pay" but being used as a fake storyline for Brianna to get paid. 

Not that I think Devoin is father of the year but I see a lot of valid points from him. 

Where can I go to find this?  Very interesting.  She's trying to control who MTV films now?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, eskimo said:

Where can I go to find this?  Very interesting.  She's trying to control who MTV films now?

Grace does a really good job breaking things down.  Just go to her "videos" section and look back a couple of weeks.  She actually has numerous videos about this. 

(33) Grace Report - YouTube

• Love 3