Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Never Stop Fighting

• Start Topic

On 12/1/2020 at 11:47 PM, RealReality said:

Your husband is clearly a not a human.  I mean if he makes you happy it doesn't matter, but liver is objectively gross to the human palate.  Now, maybe its tasty to the Martian palate, I cannot know.  LOL.  

Your grandmother wasn't terrible, she was just old school.  If you saw some of the disgusting old home remedies and food my mother made us choke down in the name of "genearl health" you'd think she was a monster...or a Martian.....LOL.  

I also wonder why anyone thinks the onions even help.  If you're eating liver, it doesn't matter what you try to dress it up with, all youre tasting is disgusting liver.  LOL.  Save that onion for a hamburger!

Liver sausage ain’t bad. 

2 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He is a fishmonger and uber driver.

Yeah but he said in the first episode that he had the degree.  I don’t know if he was working in the family business out of a sense of duty.  And when they fired him and kicked him out of their home perhaps he couldn’t get an engineering job lickety split (or those jobs are rare in Jordan). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm tired of the 2nd wedding ceremonies Sharp is providing us with.  I don't care to see people get married who are already married. 

It's the acting like they're going to call it off and the whole will they/won't they that gets to me. You DO realize Deavan/Libby/Whoever that even if you don't have another ceremony you're still married, right? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Liver sausage ain’t bad. 

.....said the Martian.....LOL, I'm just kidding.  I cannot understand any preparation that would make liver taste good, but they do always have someone on Top Chef who wants to cook chicken livers, so maybe????

6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

.....said the Martian.....LOL, I'm just kidding.  I cannot understand any preparation that would make liver taste good, but they do always have someone on Top Chef who wants to cook chicken livers, so maybe????

My grandparents fed it to us.  Maybe if you train your palate young enough.  Little kids eat sushi now.  We mostly ate pbj and hot dogs.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

My grandparents fed it to us.  Maybe if you train your palate young enough.  Little kids eat sushi now.  We mostly ate pbj and hot dogs.

LOL.  My mom did too.  They are from another country and so the idea of getting iron from a supplement or passing up a cheap source of iron seemed stupid.  It was only like once every three or four months but I can remember, even from that age, gagging on it because it was so gross.  Same thing with brussel sprouts, but I love brussel sprouts now.  Still hate liver.  And yes, kids are very cosmopolitan now, with their international palates.  

• Love 1

There is an ad with Shaun and a message that there is more to come with these couples. All of the couples are reposting it. There is now a further ad showing that there is a Discovery+ app due to drop on January 4, with fees starting at $4.99 per month in the US, and I'm getting suspicious that they are going to make the Yell All a show on that app with a free preview week or something. There is also something showing Syngin and Tania with a title about a Diary. 

Make it stop. It's too much. Even though that app has tons of channels that I watch, I'm not going to purchase it to see anything else with this franchise. It's way too over saturated and few of the newer couples are real; they are famewhores.

https://twitter.com/DiscoveryPlus/status/1334180872719888385

Instagram won't embed and I didn't see the other ads on Twitter to post. 

Edited to add what I think may be the season's Yell All:

zf3zq8o19v261.jpg

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph.
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

We could start talking about pineapple on pizza next, talk about divisive!

That ain’t bad but I don’t get people pouring ranch salad dressing all over it.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I’ve never seen a 90 Day season finale generate so few posts on this forum that it’s almost eclipsed by a discussion of liver and onions 

It was anticlimactic in so many ways lol.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I’ve never seen a 90 Day season finale generate so few posts on this forum that it’s almost eclipsed by a discussion of liver and onions 

I stopped watching over a month ago because I was fast forwarding at least 3/4 of the show, but still came here to find out what was happening.  I did have to record Mother Sumit though, I have always hoped that Jenny and Scum-meat would be exiled to a dark hole somewhere to live their fantasy dream life where he spends his days washing her hair and clipping her toenails.

Armando and Hannah were lovely and once Kenny stopped all the tears I was good with him too.  The rest didn't interest me enough to go back and watch any of their little dramas.

Both of my parents loved liver and onions, my mother cooked it often.  I still remember how I hated that smell and wasn't unhappy when their doctors told them to stop eating it because of the cholesterol.  Many, many years later I will not only eat it but often ordered it at a local restaurant known for their liver and onions.  Still won't cook it at home though.  I've always loved liverwurst and pate de fois gras, chicken livers we didn't eat often but I love them too now.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's the acting like they're going to call it off and the whole will they/won't they that gets to me. You DO realize Deavan/Libby/Whoever that even if you don't have another ceremony you're still married, right? 

I agree!!!  They act like if they don't make it down the aisle or not show up they are suddenly not married.  

Per liver sausage:  Is that the same as braunshweiger (sp?) Because when I was little, liver sausage, mayo and white bread = heaven in my lunch as a child!!!! 

Now I want liver sausage!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

To me, the problem with this show began with Dani and Mohammad.  I believe that's when the ratings for this show started to go up; people wanted to see the train wreck; that was followed by Nicole and Azan.

I think the producers believed that people wanted to see train wrecks, and that may be true.  But, no one wants to see an ENTIRE season of nothing but train wrecks.  One train wreck a season is enough.

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

To me, the problem with this show began with Dani and Mohammad.  I believe that's when the ratings for this show started to go up; people wanted to see the train wreck; that was followed by Nicole and Azan.

I think the producers believed that people wanted to see train wrecks, and that may be true.  But, no one wants to see an ENTIRE season of nothing but train wrecks.  One train wreck a season is enough.

I love, love, love the trainwrecks of Dani and Mo, Nicole and Azan.  I think where they went wrong are the couples that have no other real storyline other than the stupid second ceremonies.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

On Ari, every time I see her, I think of her as old lady; I see her mom every time she talks.  She's 28, but she looks late 30s to me.  In her 30s, she'll look late 40s and so on and so on.

She has severe features.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree!!!  They act like if they don't make it down the aisle or not show up they are suddenly not married.  

Per liver sausage:  Is that the same as braunshweiger (sp?) Because when I was little, liver sausage, mayo and white bread = heaven in my lunch as a child!!!! 

Now I want liver sausage!

Yes.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2020 at 4:06 PM, magemaud said:

You remember correctly, Sumit THREATENED suicide if he couldn’t get out of his arranged marriage, but I don’t think he would have acted on it. That must be something his family bandies about for dramatic purposes

BOLLYWOOD calling!  Casting this week.  (Sumit, Jenny & parents waiting at the front of the line...  Jenny is told she is too blonde and heads back to America.)  The End.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

He is a fishmonger and uber driver.

...with an engineering degree.   He worked as a fishmonger because it was the family business.   

9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

We could start talking about pineapple on pizza next, talk about divisive!

Instead of ham, try it with pepperoni.   Pretty good that way. 

• Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 2:12 PM, Chloe Dog said:

I actually appreciate Ari's protection of little Avi.  There are SO many bad parents and I just don't think she's one of them.  I get angry when I see that I protect my little Chloe Dog more than some parents protect their children.  That festival was maybe a little more rambunctious than she anticipated.  I'd be getting my baby out of there too.  Pronto.  It doesn't occur to Bini at all that a situation might not be safe for such a little one. 

Likely because Bini grew up there, in huge crowds at everything from the local markets to religious ceremonies where people were pushing and shoving and carrying their little babies without any of them getting "damaged for life." People there instinctively move and protect their baby and likely do it without even thinking because they live in a very crowded and chaotic place. Ari can have her neuroses about the situation but to expect Bini to think it might be dangerous and getting angry at him when he does not because it is not part of who he is or his experience just shows what an ignorant bitch she is. She gets pissed at him as if he is purposefully putting the baby in danger. Ari's delivery sucks. She talks down to him and expects that he will adapt to every single thing that she wants because to her, she is always  right and he is always wrong. 

11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

That ain’t bad but I don’t get people pouring ranch salad dressing all over it.

Oh boy, that reminds me of Kail from Teen Mom saying she puts ranch on pizza and when people on the forum expressed disgust and said it was classless, people were getting all defensive about it and saying things like their ivy league kid eats it that way too. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

She gets pissed at him as if he is purposefully putting the baby in danger. 

She was the one who determined it was safer for Bini to walk the baby home from the hospital than for Avi to ride in a car without a car seat 

• Love 3
On 11/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, if he is a devout Muslim he should stick to his own kind, there is nothing wrong with wanting to make a life with someone who shares the same upbringing and culture.  Lot's of different religions encourage their congragants to find someone within their own kind within the religion.

Well put, The old  "opposites attract" philosophy is not always the best. It only works for some.

• Love 3

My last thoughts on these people, whether there’s a tell all or not:

Jenny and Sumit: Wow, Sumit’s own mom threatened to kill herself because her son wants to marry Jenny. What kind of mother says she will kill herself for her son's happiness?

It’s not her relationship whether it’s good or not. I don’t think she would take her life, it’s just a manipulative move.

Brittany and Yazan: She’s not taking this relationship seriously. The only thing that matters to her is that 15 minutes of fame. She needs to leave poor Yazan alone and stop playing with his feelings. Her best friend is way prettier and seems more sincere and probably should be on the show. 

Ari and Bini: This episode, I was 100% team Ari. She was being a protective mother. All the dust, water from a hose spraying, of course some of what went on the person next to them splashed off on them, the heat, the noise... That's not an appropriate environment for a baby by no means necessary. I wished she had stood her grounds and didn't go. He wants everything and keeps saying “Just this one thing”, and she does it, but come on, that is HER baby too.

I definitely was on her side with that and I probably would have freaked out too.  After they got away from the crowd, they could have agreed to leave the baby with the family and go back.

Deavan and Jihoon: Deavan doesn’t know how to think for herself. I think her mom influenced her a lot. Jihoon is no angel. but I think he was trying. She was just batshit crazy and looking for a reason to be mad all the time.

Also, how do you get married one episode and the next episode you’re leaving to “work on your marriage”? WTF?

• Love 5

Maybe Jenny will catch on to their suicide -match-game and make it her turn to threaten suicide(if Summit doesn't marry her). I HATE how it is thrown around, since my thinking is no one there means it.

• Love 5
On 12/1/2020 at 8:48 AM, Neurochick said:

Thank you for that comment.

This is just my little two cents and not 100% correct but, I think one issue is that in the US, the happiness of the individual is the most important thing.  All of our movies and TV shows are about people finding love, people being happy; that's the most important thing.  But in countries like India or Jordan, Mexico, Ethiopia , the happiness of the family/community is the most important thing.  That's why Jenny can't understand Sumit's mother, or why Brittany can't understand  Yazan's family.  They're like, "We're in love and that's the most important thing, why can't THEY understand it."  They can't understand it because that's not how their culture rolls.   Many people see American culture as selfish; many Americans see Indian and other cultures as repressive.

EXACTLY. I think I have tried to express this many times in this forum.  There are a lot of comments such as, "Why don't they just get married and to hell with Sumit's parents?" or "why are they asking the family permission to get married? They should just do what they want?"  Those comments aren't much different (or enlightened) than Brittany saying "I am going to keep flashing my skin on Instagram because that's ME and I'll do what I want!" or Nicole begging Azan to kiss her in the street when he tells her that his culture forbids it, whining "I need some affection!"  Cultural expectations and norms are important in places like India and the Middle East moreso than here in the USA. I can't say it's better or worse; often I feel we neglect our extended families too much here. But at any rate, respect for the other person's culture, family and upbringing seem to be neglected a lot in this series.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Jenny and Sumit: Wow, Sumit’s own mom threatened to kill herself because her son wants to marry Jenny. What kind of mother says she will kill herself for her son's happiness?

It’s not her relationship whether it’s good or not. I don’t think she would take her life, it’s just a manipulative move.

Brittany and Yazan: She’s not taking this relationship seriously. The only thing that matters to her is that 15 minutes of fame. She needs to leave poor Yazan alone and stop playing with his feelings. Her best friend is way prettier and seems more sincere and probably should be on the show. 

Ari and Bini: This episode, I was 100% team Ari. She was being a protective mother. All the dust, water from a hose spraying, of course some of what went on the person next to them splashed off on them, the heat, the noise... That's not an appropriate environment for a baby by no means necessary. I wished she had stood her grounds and didn't go. He wants everything and keeps saying “Just this one thing”, and she does it, but come on, that is HER baby too.

I definitely was on her side with that and I probably would have freaked out too.  After they got away from the crowd, they could have agreed to leave the baby with the family and go back.

Deavan and Jihoon: Deavan doesn’t know how to think for herself. I think her mom influenced her a lot. Jihoon is no angel. but I think he was trying. She was just batshit crazy and looking for a reason to be mad all the time.

Also, how do you get married one episode and the next episode you’re leaving to “work on your marriage”? WTF?

Wasn’t it the same episode but just the second hour?  And how does avoiding the problem solve it?

6 hours ago, geej said:

Maybe Jenny will catch on to their suicide -match-game and make it her turn to threaten suicide(if Summit doesn't marry her). I HATE how it is thrown around, since my thinking is no one there means it.

It’s such an immature threat.  She is going to punish her husband and her other son just to spite Sumit?

• Love 2
On 12/4/2020 at 5:49 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Re: Jenny and Sumit, this is a culture that is very about sticking to traditional Norms, and listening to and respecting your parents till the end of time. Many Americans cannot see this point of view or why Sumits mother acts how she does, but things that are normalized in our Western culture are also seen as crazy in other places. 

Team Ari on staying away from busy crowds with a tiny baby. But her delivery is wrong and she comes off as belittling and annoying ("I'm right and you're wrong"). 

Deavon and Jihoon storyline moved SO fast after their fairytale wedding. Supposedly, if Jihoon stayed in his room all day playing video games for months on end without helping, I'd leave too. But the lockdowns destroyed many marriages, not just this one. 

• Love 2
On 12/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Yea. Most kids I know here in the US eat chicken fingers, burgers, pizza, fries, Mac n cheese. I grew up eating liver and onions and still love it, never understood the hate. 

• Love 2
On 12/1/2020 at 1:08 AM, mamadrama said:

I can see why that might bug you. If his religion, family's opinion, and location mean so much to him, though, then a local person who fits into those parameters might be a better fit. It would be easier than trying to change Brittany into something she's not. At this point he can either accept her for who she is or find someone who's more in line with what he's expecting out of a relationship. 

Yeah, in an American context, "stick to your own kind" is bound together with racial/ethnic hostility. I don't think that's true for people who want to stay in a tribal culture. Yazan didn't want to leave his family/clan/culture behind. He's not longing for freedom from those rules and expectations. He wants a bride to join him in it. Brittany makes zero sense as a piece in that puzzle.

• Love 5
On 11/30/2020 at 4:35 AM, Christina said:

This is what TLC has posted regarding the lack of a Yell All

mov4pmnyoa261.png

think Armando said they filmed their part and Deavan said they didn't (and may not), so I'm not sure why they are not airing it around the end of the season like usual. Maybe everyone's scenes weren't ready. Someone suggested that they couldn't risk TFC's rating dropping more, so they do not want to interrupt it with the Tell Nothing. It's as good a reason as any. Plus they are trying to burn off that stupid Strikes Back! bullshit that for some reason, people actually watch.

I think we now have the answer. Discovery+. Greedy so and SOS. 😡

• Love 1