Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, LetsStartTalking said:

As for Bolton, he asked her understanding of the EC. Since she was the one conducting the interview, she could have very well extended the time

No, she couldn't. Whoopi controls the time. The producers control the time. Otherwise Whoopi wouldn't be cutting to commercial breaks every 7 minutes or so.

• Love 6

Today was sooo good. Joy is just so much better at running things and Ana is able to bring some lightness to any topic. I was laughing at their mocking comments during the emotional support animals topic and how they kept circling back to Sunny's chickens. The best show they've had in a while.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Today was sooo good. Joy is just so much better at running things and Ana is able to bring some lightness to any topic. I was laughing at their mocking comments during the emotional support animals topic and how they kept circling back to Sunny's chickens. The best show they've had in a while.

I thought the same. I wish today's show would be the panel every day.

• Love 11

I have not commented in  a while but I have to agree with many of you who have said  the show is much better, lighter without MM being part of the panel.  I know that some people have mused that without her the conversation would just be four women agreeing with each other.  That was shown to be wrong when the panel talked about the term "defund the police".  There was push back from Sunny to Sara, Whoppie, and Joy.  Each one had their own take on it.  I found it interesting and gave me food for thought (which I think is what a discussion should do).  My family/friends have discussed the term and have had  spirited  conversations about it.  I think even within a like-minded group there are still differences in how each one looks at an issue (for example "Pro - Choice").  I'd elaborate but it might be off topic.

I have enjoyed this past week because they all seem to be light hearted (even with some heavier topics) and seem to delight being  with each other.  

*I really liked how Joy explained the importance of the term Black Lives Matter.  A very clear picture of why it's important 😊

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, she couldn't. Whoopi controls the time. The producers control the time. Otherwise Whoopi wouldn't be cutting to commercial breaks every 7 minutes or so.

I agree with this. We know that Sunny understands the EC cause she has beaten this drum for 4 years, and has several times explained how it was being violated. I recall this because as a Canuck, I had never heard of the EC before. I def think the Bolton question was to bait her, and then debate her. But the show is not structured that way anymore. They have to ask their assigned question and move on. Joy will often deviate from that but even she sticks to the structure.

I assume Bolton knows Sunny is a lawyer, but she did take offense, as if he implied that she isn't or in any case, is not a knowledgeable one.

And he was being pretty evasive in that entire interview.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yet we've seen time and time again where hosts ignore Whoopi and the producers, and continue on and on and on about some topic or line of questioning with a guest (Joy is always guilty of this). Nothing would've happened to Sunny if she took an extra 30 seconds to explain her legal understanding, as he asked her to do so.

As for Sunny, I do hope she gets over the fact that Bolton got the best of her because she couldn't explain her legal understanding of the EC. She's not wearing it well.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I enjoyed the show sans Whoopie.  I realized after watching Whoopie act in a NY police series last night that it is her acting talent that I prefer/enjoy, not trying to moderate a talk show.

• Love 10

Re Tuesday's show - Michael Eric Dyson - gee what a freaking blowhard! His frantic posturing and shouting eclipsed many of the very valid points he was making but when he mentioned that he has been a preacher for 40 years, it made sense and also confirmed one of the reasons I no longer attend church. I found him totally annoying!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I enjoyed the show sans Whoopie.  I realized after watching Whoopie act in a NY police series last night that it is her acting talent that I prefer/enjoy, not trying to moderate a talk show.

I agree with you, Whoopie is a powerhouse actress but she sucks as a moderator.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I had the same experience recently, having watched Ghost for the first time in years and she was so delightfully charming in it that I remembered why I used to love her back in the day.  Something I had forgotten from watching her phone in her mediocre at best self on The View.  She puts in the barest of efforts here.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Mldyold said:

I watched that show.  It was Blue Bloods.  While watching her I kept thinking I wonder if her filming that show was the only time she has left her house in the past eight months 

5 hours ago, pachebo said:

Re Tuesday's show - Michael Eric Dyson - gee what a freaking blowhard! His frantic posturing and shouting eclipsed many of the very valid points he was making but when he mentioned that he has been a preacher for 40 years, it made sense and also confirmed one of the reasons I no longer attend church. I found him totally annoying!

Completely agree.  I wasn’t even hearing what he was saying because the shouting was annoying me so much.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Completely agree.  I wasn’t even hearing what he was saying because the shouting was annoying me so much.

The loud preacher cadence, with no pauses between clauses or sentences, always causes me to completely tune out. It would be interesting to know what, if anything, his students retain after one of his classes.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

The loud preacher cadence, with no pauses between clauses or sentences, always causes me to completely tune out. It would be interesting to know what, if anything, his students retain after one of his classes.

Yup.  I was seeing this guy for awhile who was a huge wrestling fan and couldn't understand why i didn't dig it.  I told him that same thang, something about guys w/ mullets, wearing speedos, and screeching at the top of their lungs.  Sorry i just instantly tune out.  It's a reactions, i can't help it.  Until a certain wrestler by the name Sting happened an I was hooked. LOLOL hahahah

• Love 1
On 12/4/2020 at 6:59 PM, gatopretoNYC said:

The idea that Sunny needed to "prove" her knowledge of the Emoluments Clause to an idiotic and condescending John Bolton is ridiculous.

She didn't need to prove anything. They were having a discussion on the EC, and he asked her legal understanding of it, as he gave his legal understanding. He never asked her to prove anything. He simply asked her a question, which she didn't answer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

He simply asked her a question, which she didn't answer.

It's interesting how we can interpret things differently.  To me he wasn't simply asking a question, he was playing "gotcha" and I felt that he was trying to put the little woman in her place.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

But she did answer. She said yes, she understood the EC. 

But that doesn't help viewers.  She could have explained it in one sentence (she has before) instead of wasting time on the sentence saying of course she understood it she has a law degree but didn't have enough time to go into it.  She berates others for that type of non-answer.  Most court cases involve lawyers who interpret/understand the same law differently, and viewers wanted her insight, not defensiveness and tea-sipping.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

It's interesting how we can interpret things differently.  To me he wasn't simply asking a question, he was playing "gotcha" and I felt that he was trying to put the little woman in her place.  

I read his book and he always thinks he is the smartest person in the room. I thought he had a condescending tone and his dislike of Sunny was apparent to me.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

But that doesn't help viewers.  She could have explained it in one sentence (she has before) instead of wasting time on the sentence saying of course she understood it she has a law degree but didn't have enough time to go into it.  She berates others for that type of non-answer.  Most court cases involve lawyers who interpret/understand the same law differently, and viewers wanted her insight, not defensiveness and tea-sipping.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I've been trying to get across. For an experienced lawyer and former US Attorney as she frequently reminds everyone, she certainly could've answered his question - her understanding of the EC  - rather than cowardly move on.

But she did answer. She said yes, she understood the EC. 

He asked 'what' her understanding of the EC was, not if she understood it. She didn't answer. All she had to say was, "My legal understanding of the EC is..." and be done with it.  She couldn't do it. Now she's trying to spin this into 'he didn't know I had a legal background', which is not true at all.