Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 11/30/2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

 I expect it would be McCain, since I doubt her brand of histrionics will work as successfully in a calmer political environment.

I do wonder what Meghan we will get when she returns.  Will it be the Meghan who sees the new president as an old family friend or a threat to all that she believes.  And I do so hope someone calls her out for being wrong about so much.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I do wonder what Meghan we will get when she returns.  Will it be the Meghan who sees the new president as an old family friend or a threat to all that she believes.  And I do so hope someone calls her out for being wrong about so much.

I hope she's softer when she returns 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

Is this around the time when Whoopi supposedly rolled out of bed and showed up without even brushing her teeth?

I remember those conversations and I have been turned off since.  I would enjoy the show more if Sunny or someone of her caliber would be the moderator.  It seems that Walter's show has become Whoopie Goldberg's legacy. JMHO

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Whatever happened to Sunny's show Truth about Murder on Investigation Discovery?

I'm not sure if it was renewed.  According to the futon critic...

 ABOUT MURDER WITH SUNNY HOSTIN (ID)

BROADCAST HISTORY:
10/22/19 - ???

STATUS: on hiatus or fate to be determined

TIME SLOT: completed airing its current season

CURRENT SEASON:  1 (6 episodes)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
completed airing its first season on 11/26/19; has yet to be renewed for a second season

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think her book tour has been more about growing her image than selling books really. I think it's taken her a longer time to become a recognizable face simply because she doesn't have the gotcha screaming moments, but she's easily the best co-host they've hired in years.

This is precisely what I love about Sunny. She is intelligent enough to go for the gotcha moments every day, but she doesn't. She is so classy and polite. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I do wonder what Meghan we will get when she returns.  Will it be the Meghan who sees the new president as an old family friend or a threat to all that she believes.  And I do so hope someone calls her out for being wrong about so much.

She would be a hypocrite if she talked about motherhood or kids after lambasting Abby for being insensitive to women who have had miscarriages whenever she mentioned kids.  Once the inauguration is over, maybe Meghan can become the VYD pundint (sic); I think she is the only one with an Art History degree.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

41 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I'm not sure if it was renewed.  According to the futon critic...

 ABOUT MURDER WITH SUNNY HOSTIN (ID)

BROADCAST HISTORY:
10/22/19 - ???

STATUS: on hiatus or fate to be determined

TIME SLOT: completed airing its current season

CURRENT SEASON:  1 (6 episodes)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
completed airing its first season on 11/26/19; has yet to be renewed for a second season

I watched it and the amount of ads was absolutely insane. The show itself may have been 20 minutes long.  It was almost unwatchable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure even Nicolle Wallace is surprised her career has reached such a height. I agree, she wouldn't have been as big on The View because she was unlikable on The View playing Whoopi's cheerleader, yuck. That would be hard to re-create. I think Sunny might leave if Joy ever goes since they're friends, but not before then.

Wallace would be a great fit this past season, especially with the election. Politics is her forte. She knows her stuff, and this would be the right time for her (especially with Sunny). I'd prefer her stepping in from time to time over Ana.

When she was on (2014-15) it was a disaster of a season for all involved. I've never seen such mismatched hosts trying to keep the boat afloat, with two captains (Whoopie and Rosie) at each other's throats, and steering the boat in opposite directions.  But it got her face recognition with the right people (MSNBC).

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Wallace would be a great fit this past season, especially with the election. Politics is her forte. She knows her stuff, and this would be the right time for her (especially with Sunny). I'd prefer her stepping in from time to time over Ana.

When she was on (2014-15) it was a disaster of a season for all involved. I've never seen such mismatched hosts trying to keep the boat afloat, with two captains (Whoopie and Rosie) at each other's throats, and steering the boat in opposite directions.  But it got her face recognition with the right people (MSNBC).

I didn't know who Nicolle was until she was on this show and I really liked her.  I didn't care she didn't know anything about the Kardasians.  It made me like her more.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Joy TOTALLY said "You can't make this shit up!" If they had been in studio, the time delay would have bleeped it out. Remember those days when it was nonstop bleep!bleep! and um, and  bleep!bleep! Looked like it didn't work fast enough to bleep Joy today!

I was rolling!

Please have more people like Dr. Jha, please! Though he is making the rounds these days. I hope what he had to say helped to alleviate some of Sunny's concerns about the vaccines.

Team Joy and Sunny today.

And sorry Sara and Whoopi, but what those celebrities did absolutely deserves to be judged. What they did wasn't in ignorance unless they've been sleeping under a rock these past 9 months. They, along with everyone, was warned NOT to travel; to social distance. To not have friends or family who didn't live in your household, over to your homes. But they clearly didn't give a fuck. And now, after being blasted, are apologizing? Give me a break.

And Sara? What you were doing didn't help to spread a dangerous air borne virus!

And Shut up, Whoopi with the they didn't know, but now they do, and won't do it again, so bygones bullshit.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I'm not sure if it was renewed.  According to the futon critic...

 ABOUT MURDER WITH SUNNY HOSTIN (ID)

BROADCAST HISTORY:
10/22/19 - ???

STATUS: on hiatus or fate to be determined

TIME SLOT: completed airing its current season

CURRENT SEASON:  1 (6 episodes)

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
completed airing its first season on 11/26/19; has yet to be renewed for a second season

I wouldn't be surprised if this show hasn't continued because of the pandemic. I never saw an episode, but I have a feeling that this was a show which Sunny had to film in a studio, or on location - and it wouldn't work with her 'Zooming' it in from her living room, like she does 'The View'. Perhaps it will come back when she returns to a studio.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Axie said:

I didn't know who Nicolle was until she was on this show and I really liked her.  I didn't care she didn't know anything about the Kardasians.  It made me like her more.

She's lovely and does a wonderful job on Deadline: White House. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Shut up, Whoopi with the they didn't know, but now they do, and won't do it again, so bygones bullshit.

Typical Whoopi giving celebs a pass.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And sorry Sara and Whoopi, but what those celebrities did absolutely deserves to be judged. What they did wasn't in ignorance unless they've been sleeping under a rock these past 9 months. They, along with everyone, was warned NOT to travel; to social distance. To not have friends or family who didn't live in your household, over to your homes. But they clearly didn't give a fuck. And now, after being blasted, are apologizing? Give me a break.

And Sara? What you were doing didn't help to spread a dangerous air borne virus!

And Shut up, Whoopi with the they didn't know, but now they do, and won't do it again, so bygones bullshit.

Exactly!!!  

Whoopi, with COVID no one gets a second chance to do better the next time. They ALL knew not to do it the first time.  So stop defending them!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And sorry Sara and Whoopi, but what those celebrities did absolutely deserves to be judged. What they did wasn't in ignorance unless they've been sleeping under a rock these past 9 months. They, along with everyone, was warned NOT to travel; to social distance. To not have friends or family who didn't live in your household, over to your homes. But they clearly didn't give a fuck. And now, after being blasted, are apologizing? Give me a break.

I think they have that celeb mindset of I want what I want when I want it.  And also that if they get exposed they will just continue to quarantine in their expensive homes. And if they were to show symptoms they would just call up their concierge doctor and get the best medical treatments available.  

There have been some celebs that have taken this seriously but there  have been a lot that haven't.  It's one thing to be tone deaf and post social media pics of you flying around on a private jet (J LO and A Rod) but it's quite another to have parties with lots of people.  What wasn't mentioned was these celeb parties just celebs or were their caterers and workers there?  Because we all know a  wait staff making an hourly wage isn't going to  have the same outcome as a celeb if they contract the virus.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

If you haven’t heard Gabriel Sterling’s complete statement, look it up. It’s really passionate and completely on point.

Sunny, give it up!  If you have to keep explaining it your message isn’t getting through. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Like I said, to get into the details of this whole “defund the police” thing would be off topic, but slogans that have to be explained usually don’t work and I say this as a black woman. I’m also not saying I agree or disagree with that slogan, but messaging matters. 

I have been saying this for years. Words matter. Sunny is a lawyer, a former prosecutor no less and she should realize this. It's one thing to be a talk show host and say something that can be misinterpreted.  It's a whole other ball of wax to have a slogan that represents a policy initiative that can be used to undermine that same policy initiative.  

 

Let's not forget how global warming was changed to climate change because some people were using the term global warming to make it sound like it wasn't a bad thing.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Like 14
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I understand both sides of the argument. Sunny is right that you shouldn't let the opponent define the conversation and that there are probably many other words / phrases over the years that have been demonized before (including Black Lives Matter itself), but I agree with Joy that "Defund the Police" doesn't quite characterize the meaning of the message which is why it's not worth fighting over if the slogan is something like what she suggested ("ReallocateTheFunds") instead.

Anyway, I'm just glad they came back and discussed it more, because Whoopi was pissing me off the way she wouldn't even let Sunny speak. And Whoopi was like, we have to cut this conversation short. I was annoyed because that's all they seem to do lately. They barely even get into the meat of a topic or respond to one another much at all. I get that it can't be a full-blown back-and-forth like if they were in the studio, but they need to make time (as in give more than one segment) to discuss one topic more thoroughly sometimes. And that's only because their segments are so short now. I remember when the opening to the first commercial was 15 minutes. Now it's like 7 minutes.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny can never entertain the notion that she might possibly be wrong.

It’s a burden to be the smartest person in the room. 😄

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny can never entertain the notion that she might possibly be wrong.

 

7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It’s a burden to be the smartest person in the room. 😄

Sunny is very smart but nobody likes a know it all. Especially when they in fact do not know it all.  And a lot of what Sunny was saying was her opinion not facts. This show is called the View for a reason.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If Whoopster spent less time stumbling and laughing breathlessly over every utterance from her YodaMouth, there might be more time to complete a discussion.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Good show today with less over-talking.

Sunny refuses to get the idea that if you have to keep explaining over and over again what Defund the Police means, then it should be called something else that will be less confusing. Unless you want to keep people who might be sympathetic to the cause if they understood it believing the opposition's ads.

Glad Sara got Kate Winslet to probe why Rose didn't try harder to save Jack in the Titanic! That was fun.

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I know Sunny said she thinks Barack is wrong in his criticism of the “defund the police” slogan, but Sunny is also kinda wrong imo. I don’t want to get too off topic, but to the average American who isn’t closely following politics, that slogan translates into something negative, even if it’s not meant in that way. Whether that’s a right or wrong assessment, I won’t get into that, but messaging is important. I saw a recent poll that had 61 percent of black people opposed to removing police from their communities. 

Like I said, to get into the details of this whole “defund the police” thing would be off topic, but slogans that have to be explained usually don’t work and I say this as a black woman. Again, I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that slogan, but messaging matters. 

exactly

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I remember when the opening to the first commercial was 15 minutes. Now it's like 7 minutes.

Since they have 99 commercials in for the one hour show, the first segment is shorter to get in more commercials. 

The commercial overload on this show gets worse and worse.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Today was a day I wish MeAgain was there , just to go toe-to-toe with Sunny on this discussion.

Ugh, no!  She would just use the corrupted interpretation of the slogan and who needs that? The nonstop commercials here in Georgia about the upcoming runoff are rousing fear about the police being eliminated if the Dems win, so we are up to here on it already.

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

She would be a hypocrite if she talked about motherhood or kids after lambasting Abby for being insensitive to women who have had miscarriages whenever she mentioned kids.  Once the inauguration is over, maybe Meghan can become the VYD pundint (sic); I think she is the only one with an Art History degree.

The only time I like Meghan is when they’re discussing straight pop culture.  Joy is a reality show snob, Sunny’s too busy to watch them, Whoopi mocks the topic, but Meghan is prepared and enthusiastic.
 

Since The View is insistent on keeping pop culture on the show, I think Meghan should lead those conversations. This would give the three unaware/disinterested hosts a break, and Sara will be a cheerleader for the conversation. They’ve done something in the past where Meghan had taped an interview on some pop culture topic, and she was surprisingly charming. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Today was a day I wish MeAgain was there , just to go toe-to-toe with Sunny on this discussion.

Maybe I've been stuck at home too much, but there are some days I do wish Meghan was there. Especially since her team lost the election!

I always feel better when I hear Ana's name in the opening but on days like today, when she isn't there, I lose interest.

Virtually they should be able to get it together better by now, Sara bores me and it's getting predictable who will say what. At least Meghan gives us more to talk about!!!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Ugh, no!  She would just use the corrupted interpretation of the slogan and who needs that? The nonstop commercials here in Georgia about the upcoming runoff are rousing fear about the police being eliminated if the Dems win, so we are up to here on it already.

 

I agree. There can be no complex, thought-provoking discussion when she's around. A 5-year-old would add more to the conversation.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Wallace would be a great fit this past season, especially with the election. Politics is her forte. She knows her stuff, and this would be the right time for her (especially with Sunny). I'd prefer her stepping in from time to time over Ana.

When she was on (2014-15) it was a disaster of a season for all involved. I've never seen such mismatched hosts trying to keep the boat afloat, with two captains (Whoopie and Rosie) at each other's throats, and steering the boat in opposite directions.  But it got her face recognition with the right people (MSNBC).

The View left a bad taste in Nicolle’s mouth, she’s spoken frequently about being fired and laughs that it was due to pop culture topics. Plus, her show has expanded to two hours, and I’m sure she’s far too busy. Too bad. 

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I understand both sides of the argument. Sunny is right that you shouldn't let the opponent define the conversation and that there are probably many other words / phrases over the years that have been demonized before (including Black Lives Matter itself), but I agree with Joy that "Defund the Police" doesn't quite characterize the meaning of the message which is why it's not worth fighting over if the slogan is something like what she suggested ("ReallocateTheFunds") instead.

Anyway, I'm just glad they came back and discussed it more, because Whoopi was pissing me off the way she wouldn't even let Sunny speak. And Whoopi was like, we have to cut this conversation short. I was annoyed because that's all they seem to do lately. They barely even get into the meat of a topic or respond to one another much at all. I get that it can't be a full-blown back-and-forth like if they were in the studio, but they need to make time (as in give more than one segment) to discuss one topic more thoroughly sometimes. And that's only because their segments are so short now. I remember when the opening to the first commercial was 15 minutes. Now it's like 7 minutes.

I agree, I see both sides. But, frankly, I am tired of low-information people, willful ignorance, and the flat out opposition of a topic regarding minorities.  I’m over explaining to certain people as if I’m talking to a pre-schooler. People need to take responsibility for educating themselves, rather than blindly following others.  And I’m speaking about a large number of my family, lol. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Today was a day I wish MeAgain was there , just to go toe-to-toe with Sunny on this discussion.

Do you smell toast?  Call 911!

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, General Days said:

After all, the point of the slogan is not to preach to the choir, or its hecklers, but to garner support for the movement from the public at large. "Defund the police" is too easy for opponents of police reform to pervert. Also, different people who use "defund the police" (and who are in favor of it generally) also mean different things by it. There are people who do use it to mean "hire more social workers, increase education funding," but there are also people who want to abolish police entirely. 

 

Sunny was missing the point and every movement need allies to achieve it's goals.  I thought her bringing up slavery made no sense because there is no ambiguity with slavery, you are either for it or against it.  Whereas we need the police even if you don't trust them, they serve a purpose in keeping us all safe.  Your message should always be clear we want to reform the police by attacking systemic racism and the blue wall of silence that allows bad cops to thrive that results in tragedies for people of color..

19 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I agree, I see both sides. But, frankly, I am tired of low-information people, willful ignorance, and the flat out opposition of a topic regarding minorities.  I’m over explaining to certain people as if I’m talking to a pre-schooler. People need to take responsibility for educating themselves, rather than blindly following others.  And I’m speaking about a large number of my family, lol. 

We have to be realistic because we have lazy low information voters who are willfully ignorant.  So you can't be ambiguous with your messaging because you give your opponents ways to distort your message for their own purposes.  Unfortunately, disinformation and misinformation are now a part of our lives in the foreseeable future.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

The View left a bad taste in Nicolle’s mouth, she’s spoken frequently about being fired and laughs that it was due to pop culture topics. Plus, her show has expanded to two hours, and I’m sure she’s far too busy. Too bad. 

I agree, I see both sides. But, frankly, I am tired of low-information people, willful ignorance, and the flat out opposition of a topic regarding minorities.  I’m over explaining to certain people as if I’m talking to a pre-schooler. People need to take responsibility for educating themselves, rather than blindly following others.  And I’m speaking about a large number of my family, lol. 

Unfortunately we have seen some co hosts on the View that fit that description.  I have always tuned into the View because I wanted to hear the cohosts opinions on whatever the hot topics were going to be.  The show took a turn (probably can be blamed on Rosie O) and the show not only wanted to be about the cohosts views but also wanted to educate/inform viewers.  They have sadly missed the mark.  I like Sunny but not everything she says is supposed to enlighten someone which I'm beginning to think is what Sunny thinks.  And we all know how Meghan thinks it's her job to explain (insert any number of things here) to viewers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Ugh, no!  She would just use the corrupted interpretation of the slogan and who needs that?

 

Sunny needs that to understand what Obama was saying:  the message is not getting across. And MeAgain's corrupted interpretation would be proof.

Sara was in no league to have this conversation with Sunny. She cowered to Sunny, where MeAgain never would have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

The only time I like Meghan is when they’re discussing straight pop culture.  Joy is a reality show snob, Sunny’s too busy to watch them, Whoopi mocks the topic, but Meghan is prepared and enthusiastic.
 

No she's not. Sunny has admitted in the past that she watches The Bachelor. It was something she and Her Twatness had in common.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sunny needs that to understand what Obama was saying:  the message is not getting across. And MeAgain's corrupted interpretation would be proof.

I agree. If you have to keep explaining why your slogan doesn't mean what it seems to mean, then it is not an effective way to persuade others to follow. People will continue to wonder if everyone understands what the goal is and if they are working at cross-purposes. Sunny's comment that schools are "defunded" (meaning the funding is reallocated) all the time may be true, but I haven't noticed anyone making a point of getting community support by saying "Defund the schools". I think that would get a lot of resistance.

  • Like 15
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

You guys are scaring me with all this talk about missing Megan. I am happy she is not there and I hope she falls more and more in love with her daughter pushing her to resign from the view to stay home with her.. Have a great life Nutmeg!

I don't want Meghan back full time everyday.

I only want her back since her team lost the election and don't think she will be going into constant baby stories. Kathie Lee Gifford she will not have become! So I can tolerate Meghan on the baby side, hopefully!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, ifionlyknew said:

I do wonder what Meghan we will get when she returns.  Will it be the Meghan who sees the new president as an old family friend or a threat to all that she believes.  And I do so hope someone calls her out for being wrong about so much.

I don't think Meghan will have changed much. Even if she has changed, it won't be for long on the show.

After all the things Trump said about her father, she stayed on her team.

 

  • Like 11
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

That was a great discussion about defund the police. It was The View at its best. I loved that everyone was able to explain their point of view and say why they felt however they felt. It wasn't personal - and it was very respectful...it was a real discussion.

What a breath of fresh air. I hope Megan doesn't return. She would be incapable of arguing a point without getting upset and making it personal.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Hey everybody, I hope you're all healthy and had a nice Thanksgiving (if you celebrate).

 

Slogans are the first line of a message. I understand (and even agree with) Sunny, in that you can't let opponents seize control of your messaging.

The problem Sunny seems to be ignoring is that bad slogans (which could be bad because they're too ambiguous, too easy to twist, etc.) allow your opponents to pervert your message. They give opponents the opportunity to falsely define your movement and confuse your target audience.

After all, the point of the slogan is not to preach to the choir, or its hecklers, but to garner support for the movement from the public at large. "Defund the police" is too easy for opponents of police reform to pervert. Also, different people who use "defund the police" (and who are in favor of it generally) also mean different things by it. There are people who do use it to mean "hire more social workers, increase education funding," but there are also people who want to abolish police entirely. 

Sunny mentioned "abolish slavery," but everyone knows what that slogan means. It didn't mean take some money from here and put it over there. People who opposed abolition and later, civil rights, opposed those movements themselves, but the slogans/names didn't need explaining. I think President Obama is right about this.

You're telling me. 😉

Take it back. Take it back. Take it back.

Excellent post! 

And hehehehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have always found Sunny to be a terrific host on The View.  I've always admired her intelligence and life experience.  I'm listening to her read her autobiography, and I have to say that it is changing my view of her, and today's conversation about defunding the police is an example of why.  I find her kind of condescending in the book, and that's how she came across to me today.  She has to be the smartest person in the room ALL. THE. TIME.  She has to be right, and everyone else who disagrees has to be wrong ALL. THE. TIME.  I agree with those who said that if you have to explain your slogan over and over, perhaps it isn't a very good slogan, because so many misinterpret it.  People voted against some candidates, because they thought that defund the police meant abolish the police.  A slogan that damages the reputation of those who espouse it, and keeps a good candidate from beating a bad candidate isn't a good slogan, regardless of what Sunny Hostin believes.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

The View left a bad taste in Nicolle’s mouth, she’s spoken frequently about being fired and laughs that it was due to pop culture topics. Plus, her show has expanded to two hours, and I’m sure she’s far too busy. Too bad. 

I agree, I see both sides. But, frankly, I am tired of low-information people, willful ignorance, and the flat out opposition of a topic regarding minorities.  I’m over explaining to certain people as if I’m talking to a pre-schooler. People need to take responsibility for educating themselves, rather than blindly following others.  And I’m speaking about a large number of my family, lol. 

I see both sides to the issue too. I think Sunny doesn't like to give in to the low-information people. The others are just saying we can get more people on board with different messaging. I had to explain why it's BLM and not ALM to my mom. She is an antiracist and her heart breaks anytime she hears about police brutality, but she's not someone who likes to follow news or politics, so she's one of those who can take things very literally. And then obviously there are those people who simply do not care about what hurts others so long as it doesn't affect them. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I see both sides to the issue too. I think Sunny doesn't like to give in to the low-information people. The others are just saying we can get more people on board with different messaging. I had to explain why it's BLM and not ALM to my mom. She is an antiracist and her heart breaks anytime she hears about police brutality, but she's not someone who likes to follow news or politics, so she's one of those who can take things very literally. And then obviously there are those people who simply do not care about what hurts others so long as it doesn't affect them. 

Exactly, but getting the low-information people on board can make or break an election. I don't know why she doesn't see that.

But I also think if the BLM slogan had been Black Lives Matter Too it would have been more easily accepted.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

With regards to whether McCain will show up a changed woman, narcissists don't change and since I think she's as about as narcissistic as they come, I vote no.  Not a chance.  In fact, she'll expect even more adoration than before.  And require the others to treat her with even bigger kid gloves.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Exactly, but getting the low-information people on board can make or break an election. I don't know why she doesn't see that.

My opinion is Sunny thinks since she is a smart as she is she shouldn't have to dumb herself down. But trying to make those not as smart as you understand something is not dumbing yourself down. It's helping them become better informed.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Exactly, but getting the low-information people on board can make or break an election. I don't know why she doesn't see that.

But I also think if the BLM slogan had been Black Lives Matter Too it would have been more easily accepted.

Agree. I wonder if Sunny will come around on this. 

I think if it had been BLMT, it would have been accepted a bit more, but sadly there are way too many people who do not care about the pain of others. 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size