Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 30 – Mindy Kaling (Author, “Nothing Like I Imagined”; “Never Have I Ever”)

Tuesday, Dec. 1 – Michael Eric Dyson (Author, “Long Time Coming”)

Wednesday, Dec. 2 – Kate Winslet (“Ammonite”)

Thursday, Dec. 3 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Dec. 4 – Day of Hot Topics

• Love 3
10 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, Nov. 30 – Mindy Kaling (Author, “Nothing Like I Imagined”; “Never Have I Ever”)

Tuesday, Dec. 1 – Michael Eric Dyson (Author, “Long Time Coming”)

Wednesday, Dec. 2 – Kate Winslet (“Ammonite”)

Thursday, Dec. 3 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Dec. 4 – Day of Hot Topics

Every day better have 'View Your Deal' tacked on at the end so we can spend more money we don't have this season. Otherwise, they're losing this viewer...

• Useful 1
On 11/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, Silver Raven said:

Will Darlene Love be appearing remotely this year?

Instead of watching The View and the panelists serving as backup singers to Ms. Love, I watch old clips from Late Night with David Letterman.  Paul Schaeffer's the band leader, the production value is ten times The View's, and there's no host yukking it up as backup singers.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8

Ha!  So there is one good thing about them broadcasting remotely.

Ron A McDaniel is Ronna, Whoopi. A woman. Practice the teleprompter.

Maria Bartiromo is an idiot. She was on Jeopardy once and did terribly with the simple celebrity questions.

I agree with Whoopi that by the time the vaccines get around to most people there will be a pretty good track record about its efficacy and side effects. People may be less worried about it by then. (For the record I’ll take it ASAP.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Maria Bartiromo is an idiot. She was on Jeopardy once and did terribly with the simple celebrity questions.

I agree with Whoopi that by the time the vaccines get around to most people there will be a pretty good track record about its efficacy and side effects. People may be less worried about it by then. (For the record I’ll take it ASAP.)

I cringed when Whoopi botched Ronna's name and gender 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I am considered an essential worker so I would most likely be in the second tier of people who would get it.  I will get it.  I have co workers who say they will not.  I also agree with Whoopi.  By the time it rolls around for me we would be aware of any side affects.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

For once Whoopie mispronouncing a name did not bother me, Ronna does not deserve the respect or the courtesy to have her name pronounced correctly. She is a piece of work.  She has sown discord and confusion to win and now that it is affecting her constituents in the runoff elections she is worried.  She needs to deal with it and just take the L.. You get back the energy that you put out..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 18

I'm thinking the ladies need to get back in studio and I only say that because NONE of them know how to work the time delay.  Its four people making a statement and then we go to commercial , there is no discussion. Kelly and Ryan are in studio and today even had a live guest in studio.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

There is zero chance Joy or Whoopi would go into the studio now. Probably Sunny too since her mom lives with them. I do agree the time delay thing is annoying. Most shows have been able to accommodate for this. I don’t know why The View can’t manage it so they could have discussions that flow better.

I wonder when Meg’s maternity leave is up. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I really wish they would have let Joy continue her conversation with Sunny about the vaccine--that the examples Sunny cited weren't exampled of vaccines gone bad or that African Americans were lied to about a vaccine. They were specifically EXPERIMENTS being performed on them. To me, that's so not the same thing. And has it escaped her brain that Pfizer, and the other two companies have been conducting clinical trials since the beginning or near enough since this virus caught on like a forest fire and hasn't ended yet, so there are plenty of people who can participate in the control group?

It's not like a cheezy show or scientists who say "AHA!!! I've got zee vaccine! Now to find zee peeeple to agree to take eeeet!" nonsense.

I'm with Joy--First in line to take it when it's available to me. Y'all know my medical history. I've been poked, prodded, cut into, stuck myself with needles it seems my whole life.

Ahem.

Sunny just had to delve into Debbie Downer today. And she started out smiling and laughing...

Sigh.

But I howled when Sara called Ronna "Ronald McDaniel" and admitted she almost called her Ronald McDonald! Hee!

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder when Meg’s maternity leave is up. 

If she takes the typical leave that is offered here, she should be back in the New Year, since she left last week of September, I think it was.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm thinking the ladies need to get back in studio and I only say that because NONE of them know how to work the time delay.  Its four people making a statement and then we go to commercial , there is no discussion. Kelly and Ryan are in studio and today even had a live guest in studio.  

I wonder if t he co hosts don't want to come to the studio.  I can understand Whoopi and Joy being resistant.  And I don't think they would do two co hosts at home and two in the studio.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really wish they would have let Joy continue her conversation with Sunny about the vaccine--that the examples Sunny cited weren't exampled of vaccines gone bad or that African Americans were lied to about a vaccine. They were specifically EXPERIMENTS being performed on them. To me, that's so not the same thing. And has it escaped her brain that Pfizer, and the other two companies have been conducting clinical trials since the beginning or near enough since this virus caught on like a forest fire and hasn't ended yet, so there are plenty of people who can participate in the control group?

Past is prologue.  Black people are very suspicious and wary of anything that comes from the government because of the Tuskegee experiment so Sunny was right to bring that up.. I don't think it should be dismissed as Sunny being ridiculous.  When you have been traumatized for centuries, it is not easy to just shut that off..  I remember growing up in Brooklyn, there was a soft drink that people said was put in Black neighborhoods with the purpose of sterilizing Black men, it may sound farfetched and stupid but people believed it and Black guys refused to drink it.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I wonder if t he co hosts don't want to come to the studio.  I can understand Whoopi and Joy being resistant.  And I don't think they would do two co hosts at home and two in the studio.

I know and I agree.  Just thinking out loud, I know it will never happen.  

• Love 1

Echoing that this show needs to be back in the studio ASAP. Aside from the daily time delay fiascos, it’s just boring. No real dialogue. As mentioned up thread it’s Whoopi individually asking the cohosts what they think of something. If Whoopi and Joy don’t want to go back in the studio, maybe now a good time to test some temp cohosts. All other shows are doing it responsibly.

Ratings are high though so I doubt they’ll make any changes.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Echoing that this show needs to be back in the studio ASAP. Aside from the daily time delay fiascos, it’s just boring. No real dialogue. As mentioned up thread it’s Whoopi individuals asking the choirs what they think of something. If Whoopi and Joy don’t want to go back in the studio, maybe now a good time to test some temp cohosts. All other shows are doing it responsibly.

I agree.  The TODAY show and GMA are in studio, socially distanced. I am sure that ABC would provide limo pick ups for them (individually) and the studio could take safety measures. But, whatever.  I just thought today's show was painful to watch, with the over-talk.  And Whoppi seems to have low energy and looks pissed when she is interrupted or not allowed to take the lead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

Echoing that this show needs to be back in the studio ASAP. Aside from the daily time delay fiascos, it’s just boring. No real dialogue. As mentioned up thread it’s Whoopi individually asking the cohosts what they think of something. If Whoopi and Joy don’t want to go back in the studio, maybe now a good time to test some temp cohosts. All other shows are doing it responsibly.

But, why would any of them want to go into the studio? why should they do something they think might bring harm to their families?

48 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I agree.  The TODAY show and GMA are in studio, socially distanced. I am sure that ABC would provide limo pick ups for them (individually) and the studio could take safety measures. But, whatever.  I just thought today's show was painful to watch, with the over-talk.  And Whoppi seems to have low energy and looks pissed when she is interrupted or not allowed to take the lead.

I think if they just got rid of Whoopi and put someone who could actually better manage things it would work.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I howled when Sara called Ronna "Ronald McDaniel" and admitted she almost called her Ronald McDonald! Hee!

I lost it right along with you (and Sara). 😂 What I like about Sara is that she can laugh at herself - and often does.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

But, why would any of them want to go into the studio? why should they do something they think might bring harm to their families?

I think if they just got rid of Whoopi and put someone who could actually better manage things it would work.

I think the show gets some of their big name stars because of the stars connection to Whoopie.   They'll never get rid of her.

• Love 7

Let's discuss the highlight of the show today - the Rakuten Infomercial at the end. I was waiting for Sara to ask Rakuten saleswoman Elizabeth Warner:  "What should viewers do with all the face creams and pajamas they already bought from us over the past twelve weeks from Gretchen and Adam ?"

And at the end of the show when Whoopie (whom Ronna McDaniel will now refer to as 'Willie Goldberg') reminded everyone to wash your hands and 'take a little time to enjoy the view' I was hoping she would add, "And find a good bankruptcy lawyer for the new year, because you're gonna need it if you keep buying this crap from us!"

(BTW, if you look at some of the independent reviews of Rakuten (and not the ones on their website) you will see a number of disappointed customers, many who never got their rebates as promised.  Just an FYI.)

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Past is prologue.  Black people are very suspicious and wary of anything that comes from the government because of the Tuskegee experiment so Sunny was right to bring that up.. I don't think it should be dismissed as Sunny being ridiculous.  When you have been traumatized for centuries, it is not easy to just shut that off..  I remember growing up in Brooklyn, there was a soft drink that people said was put in Black neighborhoods with the purpose of sterilizing Black men, it may sound farfetched and stupid but people believed it and Black guys refused to drink it.. 

I understand that, but this isn’t the first new vaccine since then. We’ve dealt with SARS, the swine flu, and had vaccines that were made available fairly quickly. And that was within the last 15 years or so.

And that’s why I’m baffled at Sunny’s continued pessimism. There has been progress.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

(BTW, if you look at some of the independent reviews of Rakuten (and not the ones on their website) you will see a number of disappointed customers, many who never got their rebates as promised.  Just an FYI.)

I’m surprised. I used ebates for years and have been happy with rakuten since they bought it out. I had a PayPal payout for $98 last month from them and am up to $48 so far for this quarter. They lost some business participants with Covid, but I’ve been happy. It’s a really easy way to save money on purchases I’d make anyway.

Edited by Aileen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, cinsays said:

I think Sara could actually thrive in this role. She already tries to be the peacemaker, and reminds me more of Meredith, who kept the show moving along seamlessly without injecting too much of her personal opinions.  The problem would be Meghan, who would walk all over Sara. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, bannana said:

Ari Melber showed clips from The View today on his show.  Specifically Sunny.  He referred to her as "Sunny Hostin: talented attorney, big media figure, pretty famous from the View".

Snl Awww GIF

I think her book tour has been more about growing her image than selling books really. I think it's taken her a longer time to become a recognizable face simply because she doesn't have the gotcha screaming moments, but she's easily the best co-host they've hired in years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think her book tour has been more about growing her image than selling books really. I think it's taken her a longer time to become a recognizable face simply because she doesn't have the gotcha screaming moments, but she's easily the best co-host they've hired in years.

I read her book and Sunny herself thinks she has been overlooked.  And she isn't wrong.  When she became a full time co host no announcement was made.  She just starting appearing every day.  That bothered her and this past summer when that ABC exec was accused of being a racist Sunny started getting a clearer picture of how ABC really felt about her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

Whoopi, parties don’t happen because you’re not thinking. It takes planning. And don’t tell me that covid never crossed the minds of people who deliberately flouted public health directives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I agree with Joy and Sunny.   These celebs (or anyone) having parties during a pandemic is selfish and irresponsible.

This past summer in a community about 50 miles from me some high school kids had a pool party without their parents knowledge.   Shortly thereafter several of the kids tested positive.  One of the kids was attending a school with summer classes and because of her exposure all classes had to be cancelled.  People need to realize their actions affect other than just themselves.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I read her book and Sunny herself thinks she has been overlooked.  And she isn't wrong.  When she became a full time co host no announcement was made.  She just starting appearing every day.  That bothered her and this past summer when that ABC exec was accused of being a racist Sunny started getting a clearer picture of how ABC really felt about her.

It's probably time for Sunny to move on to her own cable show. I wonder when her contract is up ? No need for her to stay there if she's so discontented with ABC.

• Love 2

YIKES! In the discusssion about Trump pardoning himself,  Joy  said "you can't make this shit up" and it went right by the censors. She caught it, and covered her mouth - I think she was surprised herself that this came out of her mouth. It's about 7 minutes in if you DVR'd this.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I don't think Sunny plans to go anywhere and I doubt ABC would fire her, since that would just put a microscope on the network's problems at the top. I think Joy would protect her, too--and probably has in the past already when Whoopi wanted her out. And despite all the fracas, I would guarantee Sara isn't going anywhere either (which I'm glad about). If there are any co-host changes at all, I expect it would be McCain, since I doubt her brand of histrionics will work as successfully in a calmer political environment.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

YIKES! In the discusssion about Trump pardoning himself,  Joy  said "you can't make this shit up" and it went right by the censors. She caught it, and covered her mouth - I think she was surprised herself that this came out of her mouth. It's about 7 minutes in if you DVR'd this.

I didn’t even notice this!  Ha!

And Whoopi still mispronounces Kamala. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7
22 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Takes me back to when Rosie was there and Whoopi was pissed Rosie wanted everyone to come in a half-hour earlier to prepare for the show more, LOL.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Takes me back to when Rosie was there and Whoopi was pissed Rosie wanted everyone to come in a half-hour earlier to prepare for the show more, LOL.

Is this around the time when Whoopi supposedly rolled out of bed and showed up without even brushing her teeth?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think Sunny plans to go anywhere and I doubt ABC would fire her, since that would just put a microscope on the network's problems at the top. I think Joy would protect her, too--and probably has in the past already when Whoopi wanted her out. And despite all the fracas, I would guarantee Sara isn't going anywhere either (which I'm glad about). If there are any co-host changes at all, I expect it would be McCain, since I doubt her brand of histrionics will work as successfully in a calmer political environment.

I disagree. I think Sunny knows 'her worth' and she's itching to get her own show, as Nicolle Wallace did (Wallace is now seen as a credible political pundit, something she would never have achieved if she stayed on 'The View'). Sunny has proven herself on this show, and is more than ready for her own show. She is subtly letting others know she's not happy at the network, starting with her book.

As for ABC, I'm sure they don't want her - or anyone on the show - to leave. Achieving the status of being the #1 daytime show after 24 years on the air is something to take notice. ABC knows the show is working, and has a longer life ahead of it (how many thought the end was near once Walters left six years ago ?).

28 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Remember on Rosie's last show in February, 2015 she said she would return to the show to make guest appearances or fill in as a substitute host when needed ? She even joked she would bring her craft supplies.

Whoopi made sure that would never happen - and it hasn't.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I disagree. I think Sunny knows 'her worth' and she's itching to get her own show, as Nicolle Wallace did (Wallace is now seen as a credible political pundit, something she would never have achieved if she stayed on 'The View'). Sunny has proven herself on this show, and is more than ready for her own show. She is subtly letting others know she's not happy at the network, starting with her book.

As for ABC, I'm sure they don't want her - or anyone on the show - to leave. Achieving the status of being the #1 daytime show after 24 years on the air is something to take notice. ABC knows the show is working, and has a longer life ahead of it (how many thought the end was near once Walters left six years ago ?).

Remember on Rosie's last show in February, 2015 she said she would return to the show to make guest appearances or fill in as a substitute host when needed ? She even joked she would bring her craft supplies.

Whoopi made sure that would never happen - and it hasn't.

I remember seeing Whoopie and Joy interviewed on some show like Entertainment Tonight. They were asked if Rosie would be visiting as a guest.  Joy said, “I don’t know” and Whoopie said, “No. She will not.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm sure even Nicolle Wallace is surprised her career has reached such a height. I agree, she wouldn't have been as big on The View because she was unlikable on The View playing Whoopi's cheerleader, yuck. That would be hard to re-create. I think Sunny might leave if Joy ever goes since they're friends, but not before then.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think Sunny plans to go anywhere and I doubt ABC would fire her, since that would just put a microscope on the network's problems at the top. I think Joy would protect her, too--and probably has in the past already when Whoopi wanted her out.

Say what?  Am I reading this correctly in that Whoopi has tried to make Sunny disappear?  I am so out of the loop.  I can't keep up with all the co-hosts that Whoopi feels professionally and intellectually threatened by.

• Love 2