Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: The Knockouts Part 3

• Start Topic

Who was responsible for the really bad arrangement for "If I Could Turn Back Time"?    Cuz even though I knew what song Marissa was doing....the performance left me saying "What song was that"?   These coaches have simply got to stop butchering these well known songs that at least for me....there's a certain way I expect them to be done....and they don't seem to respect that.  That said, Marissa has a voice that could do so.....perhaps it's Kelly's fault.

My choice in the four way is Julia.

Edited by Swenson
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Swenson said:

These coaches have simply got to stop butchering these well known songs that at least for me....there's a certain way I expect them to be done....and they don't seem to respect that. 

It's usually the singer that does that not the coach. The knockouts is the round that the singer generally chooses everything. The coaches can give suggestions to change (as one girl did) but it's up to the singer. This is the round that they show the coach "who they are". 

I don't get the love for John. I understand he's a good singer but every time I hear him sing I say to myself "that was weird" not "that was great". There have been a few singers on the show that had a high voice before so I'm just not getting it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can't believe John let Cami go.

I thought all 4 singers in the 4-way knockout did great and deserve to go to the lives. It's not fair they have to battle each other like this, either you save them or you don't and if you do then they go to the lives. I don't think it's fair the steals get to move on but the saves have to battle.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, xfuse said:

It's usually the singer that does that not the coach. The knockouts is the round that the singer generally chooses everything. The coaches can give suggestions to change (as one girl did) but it's up to the singer. This is the round that they show the coach "who they are". 

I don't get the love for John. I understand he's a good singer but every time I hear him sing I say to myself "that was weird" not "that was great". There have been a few singers on the show that had a high voice before so I'm just not getting it.

I thought the exact same thing about him.  I wasn't blown away.....I simply plugged my ears.

• Love 1

I liked the 4 way knockout.  Julia and Ryan would be my picks.  I like Gwen's singer when she sang in the battles with Carter.  That's where I saw her potential although I would have picked Carter in the battle.  I think she chose the wrong song for the ko.  Blake's singer has a chance of winning because of country fans.