Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E08: Mariah Carey, Nadiya Hussain, Tim Peake, Richard Osman, Gary Barlow

• Start Topic

Joining Graham tonight: music superstar Mariah Carey, promoting Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special; TV chef and writer Nadiya Hussain, whose new book is Nadiya Bakes; British astronaut Tim Peake, talking about his autobiography, Limitless; Pointless presenter Richard Osman, whose debut crime novel is The Thursday Murder Club; and singer-songwriter Gary Barlow, who chats and performs Incredible.

She was quite pleasant.  Maybe except for complaining about which trailer someone gave the show to use, which was carpy but also revealing.  As Graham said, "Someone's getting fired."

The whole show was quite pleasant, and I think the engagement among the guests was as close to how it used to be as we're going to get with this format.

• Love 3

I don't think Mariah realized that Nadiya isn't Christian. That's why she doesn't celebrate Christmas.

I loved how fascinated Gary Barlow was with Tim Peake.

Does the virtual guest hangs out for the whole show, or do they just beam in for their segment? Or does it depend on where they are/their schedule?

I loved how the author (I'm sorry I forget his name, but his book is The Thursday Murder Club) started out saying being on TGNS was on his bucket list as well as winning TGBBO, going into space and writing a #1 song.  It set a nice tone for a lovely evening.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, dubbel zout said:

Does the virtual guest hangs out for the whole show

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I remember a Zoom guest referring to something said in the show when they weren't appearing.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, dubbel zout said:

Does the virtual guest hangs out for the whole show, or do they just beam in for their segment? Or does it depend on where they are/their schedule?

On 12/8/2020 at 11:31 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I remember a Zoom guest referring to something said in the show when they weren't appearing.

Yeah, but I bet it varies. There have to be virtual guests who are either too busy or too self-important to hang around for the whole thing.  The tapings certainly have to be far longer than the 45 minutes or so we see cobbled together.