Type keyword(s) to search

Brandon & Julia

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I guess I am a bit old fashioned about keeping what you do with whomever you choose somewhat private. Unlike most of the 90 dayers.

In the age of social media, where the number of followers is supposed to actually mean something, the words “It’s none of your business” will never be uttered.

• Love 5

Per the "You can't have a wedding on Mother's Day!" drama:  I would not have one on that day ONLY because it is the busiest floral day of the year.  Not everyone celebrates Christmas or Easter, but everyone has a mom, alive or deceased.  Getting live flowers, especially ones you really really want, could be tough.

Maybe they will get silk ones?  WHY DO I CARE?

21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

His friends can see it, his boss can see it, his coworkers can see it, etc. etc. Guess the 'fame' and the possible endorsements and other money making schemes after the season are worth it.

The thought of ANYONE seeing it is horrendous to me.  A few years down the road, "Yeah, Brandon, we would like to give you a raise and promotion, but this video has surfaced.......by the way you are fired."

• Love 7

It looks like Brandon can take a joke:

qty9uyw7kn961.jpg

Julia posted a short video clip, most likely to her IG, and even though I saw it, I don't remember where and can't link it here. Anyhow, she was speaking in Korean to someone and answered to someone else that she could speak, read, and write Korean.

Take that Deavan! She's a better Koreaboo than you!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Julia did a Q&A on her IG and answered, on video, that she and Brandon never shared a room and never had sex. She then stood up. Someone grabbed a screenshot:

dua86dfhxcb61.jpg

I thought this was funny but others think it is true.

There are a few photos where she is clearly wearing too big sweaters, etc., but it's winter here. I'm guessing the positive pregnancy test was a joke and Sharp is using it for drama around the mom's birth control demands, etc. Like when Melanie called her sister and said Devar got his green card and left her; just kidding, hahaha.

• Love 1

There is a Brandon Gibbs in Dinwiddie with some major charges in his past. When the Redditor determined they had the wrong Brandon, they were able to pull up this info for a different Brandon Gibbs born on Sept 10, which happens to be this Brandon's DOB. 

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 3.44.34 AM.png

No wonder he's in debt.

• Love 1
On 1/5/2021 at 11:55 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I knew I was not a candidate for Discover Plus when I saw Tarik would be rapping, Angela was giving advice to Brandon and Brandon's parents were featured I was like....nope.  Plus who needs more Big Ed?  Not me.

Shaun gets a bonus every time she covers her face with her notecards.  At this point she can buy a vacation home.

Someone asked if Father Brandon is wearing a wig - I don't think so as 1) I do know many older men with nice heads of hair, and 2) I have NEVER known a man to get a toupee that is not is not brown or jet black.  

Just now, Darlabutterfly said:

Ted Danson?

1 minute ago, Darlabutterfly said:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

8 AM? What happened to rise and shine at 5 AM to feed the animals, turn out the horses, gather the eggs...so now it is only 8 AM?

Maybe 5 AM if Ron, Betty, and Brandon have to do it before they go to work.  It doesn't look like a hard job when you see it in writing, but their attitude towards Julia adds a whole 'nother issue.  

This convinces me even more that the "friend who helps us out with the animals" that they showed when they first got back from their trip was a paid employee.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe 5 AM if Ron, Betty, and Brandon have to do it before they go to work.  It doesn't look like a hard job when you see it in writing, but their attitude towards Julia adds a whole 'nother issue.  

This convinces me even more that the "friend who helps us out with the animals" that they showed when they first got back from their trip was a paid employee.

Mother does like to make people uncomfortable.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Ma and Pa tougher to watch knowing they are swingers on top of everything else. 

It's wierd. They're fine with each of them sleeping with other people, but not with their son and his fiancé sleeping together?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Ma and Pa tougher to watch knowing they are swingers on top of everything else. 

How do we know that? I missed that tidbit.

I do not see how they would be popular, she is too rigid and I do not see her being bubbly and fun, strangely I could see him as the cuckold.  Can we imagine their photos on the swingers websites, cringe worthy I am sure, I cannot see them hanging out in the swingers clubs or having any real success from the websites, I bet they meet a lot of couples, once.

Do we think they went to meet up with a couple when they left the farm for a night (with more luggage than made sense).

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Had another thought.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I wonder what Ron's children from his previous marriage(s) think when they see him standing up in the hay loft proclaiming to Brandon, gesturing with his arms wide spread, that "All this will be yours one day, ALL THIS." 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I wonder what Ron's children from his previous marriage(s) think when they see him standing up in the hay loft proclaiming to Brandon, gesturing with his arms wide spread, that "All this will be yours one day, ALL THIS." 

They are probably glad he will have the farm so they can have the car dealership where the real money is.

I know which one I would pick.

• Love 15

This is a bad redo of “Green Acres.”  Did anyone warn Julia that she was going to be an endentured servant? That farm is a disgrace. Watching him curry the horse was disgusting. When was the last time he did that? It was a weekly chore when I was around horses, and the dirt never raised a cloud like that! Crickets in the kitchen, iguana in the front room, junk pushed against the wall in the “Guest room”, dog kennels in the sun room. That house must reek. Run back to Ukraine, Julia!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, seasons said:

No spoilers on these two ending up together or not? 

I wish Julia would leave and go back to Russia alone. Brandon seems like a gaslighter and she will be miserable in that family.

They married. His aunt, who is on the show as Aspen, the woman who referred to Julia as a princess, spilled it all on Facebook. I didn't realize it wasn't posted here until I just read your comment, and now don't see it to add. 

Aspen's real name is Angi Shattuck and she's Betty's sister.

• Useful 10
4 hours ago, Christina said:

They married. His aunt, who is on the show as Aspen, the woman who referred to Julia as a princess, spilled it all on Facebook. I didn't realize it wasn't posted here until I just read your comment, and now don't see it to add. 

Aspen's real name is Angi Shattuck and she's Betty's sister.

Interesting.  I wonder if they are still on the farm and Julia is still slopping the hogs.   Or if she is making $$$ working in a strip club in Richmond. If I never see Betty and Mr. Betty on my tv again, the world will be a  better place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/24/2021 at 8:11 PM, Teri313 said:

This is clearly Julia's problem - she never applied for the job! She could be making $10-$12 an hour.

I don’t know how farm family business works... I would assume that if Brandon works there every day(4-7am) plus evenings, this farm is not his parents farm anymore, but the multigenerational farm house where everyone has equal rights!

• Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 7:18 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have been thinking about what Mother Brandon reminds me of, she reminds me of most of my gym teachers from the 70's. Yes that is it, a 1970's gym teacher.

Betty Buckley from the movie Carrie. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

With a touch of Meredith Baxter Birney as Betty Broderick.  Diabolical.

Don't mean to go on a tangent, but MBB as BB was insane. I cannot believe people had sympathy for BB, she is a double murderer and terrible human being. Don't get me wrong - her husband cheated (I think) and moved on to a younger wife, but good golly miss molly, being jilted does NOT give you the right to murder people. (Lets myself out now after that rant.) 

Edited by hookedontv
  • Love 11
On 1/19/2021 at 2:54 AM, Christina said:

There is a Brandon Gibbs in Dinwiddie with some major charges in his past. When the Redditor determined they had the wrong Brandon, they were able to pull up this info for a different Brandon Gibbs born on Sept 10, which happens to be this Brandon's DOB. 

If this is accurate, I would bet part of the problem is that Ma Brandon swooped down and rescued her son by paying all his fines.  And Pa Brandon was angry with Brandon over it and probably still holds it against him.  Some of the lesser stuff, like not having the license on him is fairly easy to take care of, but then there is the DUI. 

Mr TWopper didn't have his license once, but he gave them the number on it, and they pulled it up on the computer so there was no problem with that aspect of the stop.  I think he got a warning ticket for speeding in a local speed trap area.

I do think most of this story is scripted, because otherwise there is no there there unless Brandon and Julia are living on their own and they fight about whether she should take up her strip club dancing career in Dinwiddle.   I do think, however, the unhealthy relationship with the "rents is real.

I don't know if it is because COVID messed with the filming or because most of these couples are dull as dishwater or because TLC is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get couples, but this season is a bust so far for me.

• Love 8
On 1/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not see how they would be popular, she is too rigid and I do not see her being bubbly and fun,

Look up "BDSM Swingers."

4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Don't mean to go on a tangent, but MBB as BB was insane. I cannot believe people had sympathy for BB, she is a double murderer and terrible human being.

Perhaps your diagnosis gives some a reason for sympathy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm still trying to wrap my head around adultery apparently being fine, but premarital sex isn't.

@Pepper Mostly was on target with the Susan Powell reference. How awful that all the people who knew what happened are dead.

Also reminds me of the cheesy thriller HUSH (the 1990s Gwenyth Paltrow film, not the amazing Mike Flanagan one). Crazy horse farm owner invites son and new bride to live on the farm and then becomes nutty AF as she proceeds to treat her new dil like a breeding mare. 

• Love 7
On 2/1/2021 at 3:03 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I really do not want a visual of them in leather straps and ball gags trying to perfect their knot tying, lol.

Aren't there menus with mucho options?  I was thinking more along the Dominatrix line ... it's working with the hubby and just easing sonny boy into it??

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did anyone see that TLC show a few years ago about the "swingers"? they were all middle aged, and older. The show featured a younger couple who wanted to get into swinging and went to one of their parties. They were really put off, not only by the wrinkly unattractiveness of the participants, but by the lack of snacks. Betty and Ron would have been right at home though.

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Did anyone see that TLC show a few years ago about the "swingers"? they were all middle aged, and older. The show featured a younger couple who wanted to get into swinging and went to one of their parties. They were really put off, not only by the wrinkly unattractiveness of the participants, but by the lack of snacks. Betty and Ron would have been right at home though.

Thank you for blabbing my business, @Pepper Mostly!!!!

• LOL 11
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Now we know why they had so much luggage for one night away from home.  Snacks!!!

• LOL 8
On 2/2/2021 at 11:49 PM, Drogo said:

What, no clever topic title?  Blasphemy! 

Brandon & Julia: Green Card Acres 

On 2/3/2021 at 6:30 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

@Drogo we need you back as admin.

@Pepper Mostly nothing says "swingers" like crackers and cheez from a can? LOL. I can't believe they were put off by the lack of snack!! HAHAHA

• Love 4

I've been watching Psychology in Seattle on youtube.  Dr. Honda is aghast at Betty calling the gynecologist from the car with Brandon in the back seat.  He pegged her:  "She's infantisizing him."

Doc - you ain't seen nothing yet.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've been watching Psychology in Seattle on youtube.  Dr. Honda is aghast at Betty calling the gynecologist from the car with Brandon in the back seat.  He pegged her:  "She's infantisizing him."

Doc - you ain't seen nothing yet.

as Dr Now would say "dis not a good sitcheation."

I think even if they relieve Julia of her farmhand duties and allow her to move into Brandon's bedroom with him,  she has not really won much as this is a very dysfunctional family unit of 3 and that dysfunction will follow Brandon unless he figures out how to assert himself.  And I think he will probably repeat some of the same dysfunction when he and Julia have children.  I hope Julia realizes she can't change him. 

the bonus scene last night just reinforced that Ma Brandon is not a respecter of boundaries.   I know this is scripted,  and I am sure TLC put her up to that fake call to the OBGYN, but it does seem that doing something like that  would not be out of character for her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
On 2/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, Drogo said:

What, no clever topic title?  Blasphemy! 

Brandon & Julia: Green Card Acres 

Brandon & Julia: Mother, May I?

Last rites.  Dead.  Flat lined.  Arms folded across chest.

• LOL 7