Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Welcome to the Election

jewel21
  • Start Topic

It was predictable that only Marty was going to eat the pepper, so it was nice when Malcolm eventually joined him. It was also pretty obvious that Dave's political opponent was going to steal Calvin's ideas. However, I liked how Calvin turned it around and showed that Isaiah really didn't know what he was talking about. And the "We're all from Earth" joke was pretty funny 😄 .

I was surprised that Dave did not win the election. I suppose they don't want to change up the base dynamic of the show too much, since it wouldn't be maintainable if Dave had a job and left the house often. In that case he would have friends other than Calvin and he wouldn't be obsessed with being Calvin's friend, so the show wouldn't really work anymore.

• Love 3

I'm glad this whole election storyline is over. I didn't want Dave to win because it would change the dynamic/premise of the show too much. 

The ghost pepper thing was silly yet I found myself laughing. 

I so knew the elected official was going to steal Dave's slogans. 

And I'm looking forward to next week just so that we can get back to normal and put this election thing behind us. 

• Love 2
On 11/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, Harvey said:

It was predictable that only Marty was going to eat the pepper, so it was nice when Malcolm eventually joined him. It was also pretty obvious that Dave's political opponent was going to steal Calvin's ideas. However, I liked how Calvin turned it around and showed that Isaiah really didn't know what he was talking about. And the "We're all from Earth" joke was pretty funny 😄 .

I was surprised that Dave did not win the election. I suppose they don't want to change up the base dynamic of the show too much, since it wouldn't be maintainable if Dave had a job and left the house often. In that case he would have friends other than Calvin and he wouldn't be obsessed with being Calvin's friend, so the show wouldn't really work anymore.

I'm glad he didn't win, for the sake of the show. But Dave does have a job as a conflict mediator, doesn't he? 

• Love 1
On 8/7/2021 at 8:22 PM, callie lee 29 said:

Ehh, depending on the size of the town he could likely do both. 

That's what I figured. I was responding to someone who thought Dave didn't have a job. He's a conflict mediator, though I'm not sure if he has a job or works for himself.