Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thewhiteowl

S12.E03: Angry Karen

Recommended Posts

When Nell sends Sam to meet an informant who plans to blow the whistle on a military secret, Hanna’s life is in danger when the man tries to run him down and kill him. Kensi and Deeks debate whether or not to buy their first house.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this was a good case, a decent mystery. But no one was wearing masks this time. Maybe they are giving Covid a pass. How is it that Deeks is still running a bar when bars are closed?  Why is Deeks being taken off the team?  Are we to assume that Eric has left the show?  I like having Nell run the team. Fewer silly shenanigans. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm done with this show.  I've watched it from the beginning, but it's become impossible.  I love Hetty, but it's 3 years now that Linda Hunt has only done a  few episodes a season.  If she can't work full time any more, get a replacement or just have her guest star occasionally as retired Hetty.  It's ridiculous to suggest that she is running NCIS when she's never there and mentioning her name a half dozen times an episode as a reminder is just stupid.  I don't like the 2 new characters to the program and it seems like they can never have the full cast on at all anymore.  Nell goes away for several episodes, now Eric is gone for weeks (in addition to Hetty).  I hate this!  This show hasn't been good since Owen Granger left.  I like these characters, but the writing is all over the place.  And yes, I agree, they are obviously living in a world where Covid hasn't happened.  Who walks around L.A. without a mask like everyone was last night?  And the less said about Nell's dress, the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, GussieK said:

I thought this was a good case, a decent mystery. But no one was wearing masks this time. Maybe they are giving Covid a pass. How is it that Deeks is still running a bar when bars are closed?  Why is Deeks being taken off the team?  Are we to assume that Eric has left the show?  I like having Nell run the team. Fewer silly shenanigans. 

Another poster said in the previous episode thread that TPTB decided that the show would be set after Covid.

I wish they'd have made a different choice because the physical distancing and keeping character/actor interaction minimal is just SO obvious. Did they really think that it wouldn't be?

I don't mind seeing less of Deeks/Kensi and Deeks but I always enjoy Callen and Sam as a team and I miss their scenes together.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Linda956 said:

I'm done with this show.  I've watched it from the beginning, but it's become impossible.  I love Hetty, but it's 3 years now that Linda Hunt has only done a  few episodes a season.  If she can't work full time any more, get a replacement or just have her guest star occasionally as retired Hetty.  It's ridiculous to suggest that she is running NCIS when she's never there and mentioning her name a half dozen times an episode as a reminder is just stupid.  I don't like the 2 new characters to the program and it seems like they can never have the full cast on at all anymore.  Nell goes away for several episodes, now Eric is gone for weeks (in addition to Hetty).  I hate this!  This show hasn't been good since Owen Granger left.  I like these characters, but the writing is all over the place.  And yes, I agree, they are obviously living in a world where Covid hasn't happened.  Who walks around L.A. without a mask like everyone was last night?  And the less said about Nell's dress, the better.

Hey, I was going to say this was an improvement on some of her recent dresses!  I don't mind the two new agents.  But yes, it's sort of a mess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really think the writers should have addressed Corona Virus.  Everything seems so off.  I am going to have to watch previous seasons.  Banter between characters is what is missing. Did they have background music in other seasons, or strictly relied on banter, because it all seems so silent, which is bizarre when watching and therefore everything is SLOW!

In terms of the episode, yeah, it was ordinary.  They did have some action and that was a bonus.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This wasn't a bad episode, but there were some problems. Why would Sam meet an unknown whistleblower alone at night and how did Hetty know he had important info? The case was connected to the Navy, at least, and there were some action scenes.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:42 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

I really think the writers should have addressed Corona Virus.  Everything seems so off. 

Agree. Somebody mentioned that Gemmill said the series was picking up after COVID, but not everybody reads interviews and to never talk about it seems weird. Pretty sure people are going to be talking about 2020 for a few years after it's over. COVID is gong to be mentioned Dec. 6 because Anna (who'll be back) is off to volunteer in communities that are having a hard time after COVID.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:50 PM, GussieK said:

Why is Deeks being taken off the team?  Are we to assume that Eric has left the show?

ECO requested time off to spend with his new baby (I think that was on his IG).

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size