Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E11: Finale

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I also don't mind the judges being further apart.  I think it made Bruno a little more tamed since he couldn't touch the other judges.

I liked the bit during the finale when the judges were talking about what they're really writing down in their little notebooks during the dances, and in Derek's notebook, they had it like he was counting how many times Bruno stood up per epsiode :p. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Once Justina was announced as fourth place, I realized I didn’t care who won. It was just a matter of which result would annoy me less. Kaitlyn wasn’t the best dancer this season but at least she was a zillion times better than Nelly, so I realized I was glad that she won instead of Nelly. 

• Love 6
On 11/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, LexieLily said:

I think it sums up this season that everyone is thrilled for Artem and no one so far is excited that Kaitlyn herself won.

I wonder if when the series began, anyone involved predicted that this would happen, that the pros would become stars in their own right, perhaps more famous than the "stars" they were paired with, and have followings and fans who would be voting for *them*,  rooting for them instead of fans rooting for the "stars."   If this show were to be a real contest, then every season would have to hire brand new pros that had no prior following nor fans of their own.

• Love 10
On 11/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, Just Carol said:

I wonder if when the series began, anyone involved predicted that this would happen, that the pros would become stars in their own right, perhaps more famous than the "stars" they were paired with, and have followings and fans who would be voting for *them*,  rooting for them instead of fans rooting for the "stars."   If this show were to be a real contest, then every season would have to hire brand new pros that had no prior following nor fans of their own.

This is also the reason why I don't think Derek could be a pro again.  A lot of fans voted for him anyway when he was a pro.  But I think he has gained even more of a following.  Plus, he's just more experienced with putting a whole production together not just worrying about teaching and choreography.

Edited by realdancemom
Changed the word such with just
  • Love 7

Just putting this out there, in case anyone else agrees: I wish Jeannie had been paired with Artem, and hadn't needed surgery.

Until Jeannie was eliminated due to her surgery, she and Justina were my #1 and #2 picks - I'm usually impressed with authenticity, gratitude, and a good sense of haha. If they can dance, ie., they are teachable, all the better.

Once my fav is "out", I never care who wins. Much.

• Love 4
On 11/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, ams1001 said:

Just gonna leave this here...

image.thumb.png.ef61966ae0c2812f1c17e32d58e3b55a.png

When I was a kid, it was popular to have these dolls with big skirts that you put over a roll of toilet paper to hide it in the bathroom.  That's what her dress reminded me of. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Bliss said:

Just putting this out there, in case anyone else agrees: I wish Jeannie had been paired with Artem, and hadn't needed surgery.

Until Jeannie was eliminated due to her surgery, she and Justina were my #1 and #2 picks - I'm usually impressed with authenticity, gratitude, and a good sense of haha. If they can dance, ie., they are teachable, all the better.

Once my fav is "out", I never care who wins. Much.

Justina and Jeannie were my favorites too.  However, even if Jeannie didn't need surgery, I don't think she would have won or even made it to the finals.  She was in the bottom two the week before she needed surgery.  So I'm glad that Kaitlyn was paired with Artem so that Artem could win.  Bachelor Nation is strong if they helped Joe last so long and he could barely move.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2020 at 4:35 AM, Just Carol said:

Probably not, but that isn't a bad thing for me. What other show on television shines such a light on ballroom dancers? It must be great for industry that these people become stars in their own right and that kids at home can look up to them and want to be like them. If you replace the pros every season then you sacrifice that as it's impossible to get attached or invested in any of them. I bet a healthy portion of long time DWTS viewers out there don't care who gets casted every year and tune in solely to see the pros. I for one very much enjoy seeing the group  dances for starters and it's the one thing I really missed this season due to Covid. Every show should have a proper opening number danced by the pros only.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Emily-D said:

Probably not, but that isn't a bad thing for me. What other show on television shines such a light on ballroom dancers? It must be great for industry that these people become stars in their own right and that kids at home can look up to them and want to be like them. If you replace the pros every season then you sacrifice that as it's impossible to get attached or invested in any of them. I bet a healthy portion of long time DWTS viewers out there don't care who gets casted every year and tune in solely to see the pros. I for one very much enjoy seeing the group  dances for starters and it's the one thing I really missed this season due to Covid. Every show should have a proper opening number danced by the pros only.

I know that a lot of both boys and girls want to take ballroom in Utah.  It's helped other major cities and states too. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Ah. All the mamas around the country disappointed that Nelly didn't win are finally hearing his music for the first time. 🙂

Bruno grooving out was the best part of the episode. 

Bachelor Nation always wins out. What can you do...

NO, The Bachelor Shows Do NOT Always Win ! Was Bobby Bones A Bachelor ! HA ! How Ever, Bobby Bones WAS On American Idol Which Is Another ABC show ! AT Least Kaitlin Dances !