Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Fifty Shades of Betrayal

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, byrd said:

Frankly I don't believe anyone really knows what happened because things escalated so fast, Candy-ass admitted to releasing the glass, Robyn says something different.  In the heat of a moment, it's hard to recall everything that happened. 

What the video clearly shows is Monique putting her hands on Candiace's person FIRST. Monique started the physical portion FIRST.  Anything after that that happens to Monique is what happens when you put your hands on somebody FIRST. I was taught not to put my hands on people and keep them to myself.  I was also taught if somebody puts their hands on me FIRST, I can do what I need to do to defend myself.

Karen is using the "Candiace released the glass on Monique" and "Candiace was in a consensual fight" as an excuse to align herself with Monique because Candiace is aligned with GEB + Wendy.  Karen's dislike of Gizelle is going to be her downfall...she doesn't need to like or associate with Gizelle (I wouldn't) but her dislike of Gizelle is causing her to align herself with people she really shouldn't.  Ashley & Monique are no one's friends and Karen is going to find that out the hard way.

She might be coming for Monique with some mommy brand that is more accepting than Not For Lazy Moms and thats why she is always pumping on camera.  

If Ashley starts her own mommy blog/brand, Monique is going to feel some sort of way. She's not going to like that AT. ALL.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I feel like I've studied that fight footage more than I studied for my bar exam and so I feel confident in saying that what happened was that Candace had a glass in her hand, Monique grabbed her and started beating on her head, and in self defense or by instinct Candace either threw the glass or tried to use it to fend off an attack.  I saw it as some sort of attempt at self-defense to try to get a rabid and vicious person off of her. 

I cannot believe that this is the hill Karen wants to die on.  How very disappointing.  

When I watched it, I remember Monique flicking Candiace's hair, Candiace flicking her vest, then Monique grabbed her hair. At that point Candiace "released" the wine in the wine glass in self defense, but she still had the glass in her hand. That's when Monique turned up and started hitting her in the head. Monique kept the grip on her hair, then Candiace was still swinging the glass in her direction in self defense. Candiace's statement and Monique's statement differ in when she started hitting her in the head. If someone has be by my hair, anything I do after that is fair game in self defense.

Monique was 100% wrong in putting her hands on Candiace, period.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

When I watched it, I remember Monique flicking Candiace's hair, Candiace flicking her vest, then Monique grabbed her hair. At that point Candiace "released" the wine in the wine glass in self defense, but she still had the glass in her hand. That's when Monique turned up and started hitting her in the head. Monique kept the grip on her hair, then Candiace was still swinging the glass in her direction in self defense. Candiace's statement and Monique's statement differ in when she started hitting her in the head. If someone has be by my hair, anything I do after that is fair game in self defense.

What I saw was:

• Monique flicking Candiace's hair
  • Gizelle moving to push Monique and Candiace away from each other
  • Candiace flicking Monique's lapel
  • Monique grabbing Candiace's hair and pulling her down to the table
  • Candiace waving the wine glass wildly to get Monique off of her
  • Karen screaming MONIQUE LET HER GOOOOOO as 5 producers try to pry Monique off of Candiace
  • Wendy and another producer trying to pry Monique off of Candiace

It doesn't matter when Candiace released the wine glass on Monique.  Monique put her hands on Candiace first.  It would be as if Monique started beating Candiace with a 2 x 4, then Candiace hurls a brick upside Monique's head, then Monique pulls out a gun to shoot Candiace and then claims she had to shoot Candiace because Candiace hurled a missile at her.

Let me just say, Karen screaming LET HER GOOOOOOO at Monique means she knows that was not a "consensual" fight.  Karen has zero credibility and zero standing to claim to be neutral.  Ok, Karen.

• Love 13

The tea is that season 6 will begin filming January. I am exhausted by this altercation. I hope they can leave it in season 5. Monique was 100% wrong in putting her hands on Candiace, period. For all the other reasons one should be upset with Monique, I am upset that this season was completely overshadowed by this incident. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Boofish said:

So Gizelle thinks Ray would have a problem with everyone knowing Karen hasn't clocked in as headmaster at Morning Wood Academy in 2 years but a non married "bible thumping man of God" got a tongue bath the last time you saw him is ok to announce on television. Make it make sense sis.

Dammit, lady! I almost dropped the phone on the tiled floor, LMMFAO!

Woo, chile!  Anyway....

As a dirty minded and hot blooded Scorpio, I admit the sex talk had me blushing...from who gave their significant other penile CPR to Karen's 'pillow lover', I was howling.

Was surprised to learn that Gizzard slobs the knob....she looks like she just lies there with her hair fanning to the sides.  Robyn likely does just about anything to keep Juan.

Figured Ashley and definitely Candiace were of the bobbing persuasion, didn't see it coming from Wendy though.

Cosigned with Karen with what body part she likes getting touched.

I'ma need one pf those cat o'nine tails for Mr. Yogi...almost broke my sturdy Pioneer Woman spoon the other night, 😇😉.

Candiace, Karen is Team Monique...however, she's still friends with you so either let this go or stop fucking with Karen.

UO but I don't have a problem with Ashley's statement.

Finally, a hearty 'FUCK YOU, ROBYN!' for telling Karen about her pictures in front of everyone....being that your broke ass likely couldn't afford another session, you should have pulled Karen to the side and given her the bad news.  In ten years your face is going to look like a leather wallet, those green eyes will get you so far.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I thought the dominatrix party was dumb. Why are they making these woman dress up? 
I’m also tired of the fight talk. And of Ashley pumping and acting like mommy of the year.
I’m in the minority as I see the fight as Candiace putting her hand in Moniques face and asking repeatedly to get dragged. The idiot gets dragged and is suddenly this poor little girl victim. 🤮 

For next season,  I think they should fire Candiace and Ashley. Demote Gizelle to a friend and hire someone new. Karen, Monique, Robyn and Wendy can stay.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

My UO about Karen and this incident between Monique and Candiace.  I may be wrong, but maybe not. 

Karen is a few years younger than I.  She grew up on a farm in a small-ish town; the farm has been in her family for a long time. 

I do know that many black people in the South had their land snatched from them during the rise of the KKK.  Many black landowners were run off their land, lest they would be killed, and fled up North. 

I think Karen sees these two black women fighting and thinks, "I'm not going to let these producers make me pick a side."  Karen probably sees Monique, a woman from modest means, like her, married to a successful black man, and has three small children.  Karen sees Candiace as this privileged young woman, married to a white man, who says whatever she likes and doesn't care who she hurts.  Karen may feel more for Monique because she knows that if she gets on the train with the rest of them and says, "I won't film with HER," Monique's done on the show, and I don't think Karen wants that.

Just my two cents. 💲

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Karen sees these two black women fighting and thinks, "I'm not going to let these producers make me pick a side."  Karen probably sees Monique, a woman from modest means, like her, married to a successful black man, and has three small children.  Karen sees Candiace as this privileged young woman, married to a white man, who says whatever she likes and doesn't care who she hurts.  Karen may feel more for Monique because she knows that if she gets on the train with the rest of them and says, "I won't film with HER," Monique's done on the show, and I don't think Karen wants that.

Karen may see herself as not picking a side but her words and actions show she has picked a side and that side isn't Candiace's.

My problem with Karen is not that she has chosen Monique's side; it's that Karen feels Candiace is lying, exaggerating and putting on about the fight when Candiace was an equal participant in the fight but Karen was smiling up in Candiace's face as if she supported her, when the fact is she really doesn't.

Just look at Karen's verbiage towards Monique ("she couldn't help it, there's something medically wrong with her") versus her verbiage towards Candiace ("Candiace was in a consensual fight, two wrongs don't make a right, Ashley/Monique have a right to their feelings.")

I betcha you'll never hear Karen claim Candiace has a right to her feelings.  But none of that matters; Candiace just needs to learn to be more discerning about people she considers "friends," peep their game and keep it moving.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

What I saw was:

• Monique flicking Candiace's hair
  • Gizelle moving to push Monique and Candiace away from each other
  • Candiace flicking Monique's lapel
  • Monique grabbing Candiace's hair and pulling her down to the table
  • Candiace waving the wine glass wildly to get Monique off of her
  • Karen screaming MONIQUE LET HER GOOOOOO as 5 producers try to pry Monique off of Candiace
  • Wendy and another producer trying to pry Monique off of Candiace

It doesn't matter when Candiace released the wine glass on Monique.  Monique put her hands on Candiace first.  It would be as if Monique started beating Candiace with a 2 x 4, then Candiace hurls a brick upside Monique's head, then Monique pulls out a gun to shoot Candiace and then claims she had to shoot Candiace because Candiace hurled a missile at her.

Let me just say, Karen screaming LET HER GOOOOOOO at Monique means she knows that was not a "consensual" fight.  Karen has zero credibility and zero standing to claim to be neutral.  Ok, Karen.

This is what I saw too.  It was when Monique attacked that Candace tried to defend herself with that wine glass.  She was kinda waving it around but I assume that at some point it released which is how Monique's lip got cut.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

My UO about Karen and this incident between Monique and Candiace.  I may be wrong, but maybe not. 

Karen is a few years younger than I.  She grew up on a farm in a small-ish town; the farm has been in her family for a long time. 

I do know that many black people in the South had their land snatched from them during the rise of the KKK.  Many black landowners were run off their land, lest they would be killed, and fled up North. 

Just my two cents. 💲

I can appreciate that point of view, but I just don't think its that complicated.  Karen wants the option of being able to play the middle.  That is the position that creates the most opportunities for her.  And, to maybe add to your point, if (when I hope) they fire Monique, who else do they bring on the cast.  Right now, its not looking so great for Karen.  You have the GEB who are always cliqued up, you have Candace, and Wendy is HER friend.  So you have four people who are cliqued up...and you're left with who?  Snake Ashley?  Thats not a great life situation.  

By trying to play the fence Karen may find herself on a side of the fence she doesn't like.  But, if and hopefully when they fire Monique, is Karen just stuck with snake Ashley or does she get someone she can be friends with?  Its not going to be Dr. Wendy, its not going to be Candace since she burned her, its not going to be Gizelle who revels in her frenemy relationship with Karen and it sure as hell is never going to be Robyn who will not choose Karen over Gizelle.  Karen will have no real ride or die.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I am so tired of Candiace crying. I think she’s embarrassed that she talked all that trash and then crumpled when someone actually took her up on her “drag me.” 
Why would Ashley stand by Candiace? She owes her nothing. Candiace wanted to pot stir last year commenting on Ashley not really wanting a baby because she was drinking a beer and going after her at her house last season. Now she thinks Ashley won’t be team Monique? She’s kind of dim, that Candiace.

Glad to see Monique in the previews for next episode and see Karen embracing her. Screw little old Candyass! 

15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I don’t care what candance did or didn’t do grown ass people don’t put hands on someone then cry they are the victim that’s fucking weak as hell 

11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I believe Wendy is pumping and chooses to do it in the privacy of her room. Why does Ashley wait until they are all having drinks or dinner to drag her double pumper out? She looks stupid AF!

11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Ashley is one of those women who act like they're the first to ever give birth and she needs constant affirmation that she's special.

The more I learn about Ashley, the more I think she is just kind of a gross/nasty person and understand why a gross man like Michael was attracted to her. I am all for being comfortable in your own skin but Ashley likes to flaunt and quite frankly...she's looking like her mama.

Wendy really has a banging body and legs to die for. She looks pretty good for having three children.

Candiass has as we say in the south "a darling figure".

I want to say that I do not believe that Monique was justified in any way by her actions. Monique was wrong...end of story.

I do think that Candiass is one of those rich girls who thinks she is very tough and is rattled (understandably) by how easy it was for Monique to stomp her. She should just thank God it did not happen off camera but on the show, where there was plenty of security.

6 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Woo, chile!  Anyway....

As a dirty minded and hot blooded Scorpio, I admit the sex talk had me blushing...from who gave their significant other penile CPR to Karen's 'pillow lover', I was howling.

Was surprised to learn that Gizzard slobs the knob....she looks like she just lies there with her hair fanning to the sides.  Robyn likely does just about anything to keep Juan.

Figured Ashley and definitely Candiace were of the bobbing persuasion, didn't see it coming from Wendy though.

I'ma need one pf those cat o'nine tails for Mr. Yogi...almost broke my sturdy Pioneer Woman spoon the other night, 😇😉.

Candiace, Karen is Team Monique...however, she's still friends with you so either let this go or stop fucking with Karen.

Finally, a hearty 'FUCK YOU, ROBYN!' for telling Karen about her pictures in front of everyone....being that your broke ass likely couldn't afford another session, you should have pulled Karen to the side and given her the bad news.  In ten years your face is going to look like a leather wallet, those green eyes will get you so far.

Robyn is attractive but she is a HARD 40. No one is looking at Robyn and thinking "young and youthful". Probably the most they are thinking is … I am glad my light skinned auntie is having fun.

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Just my two cents. 💲

I actually thought it was sweet the way Karen would take the young ladies under their wing and seem to never judge people by where they begun in life (because that is something you can not control...it is not an accomplishment to be born into a well off family).

It is also nice to see her family is somewhat landed gentry than and their story of going from slaves to land owners was beautiful.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The more I learn about Ashley, the more I think she is just kind of a gross/nasty person and understand why a gross man like Michael was attracted to her. I am all for being comfortable in your own skin but Ashley likes to flaunt and quite frankly...she's looking like her momma.

Wendy really has a banging body and legs to die for. She looks pretty good for having three children.

Candiass has as we say in the south "a darling figure".

I want to say that I do not believe that Monique was justified in any way by her actions. Monique was wrong...end of story.

I do think that Candiass is one of those rich girls who thinks she is very tough and is rattled (understandably) by how easy it was for Monique to stomp her. She should just thank God it did not happen off camera but on the show, where there was plenty of security.

Robyn is attractive but she is a HARD 40. No one is looking at Robyn and thinking "young and youthful". Probably the most they are thinking is … I am glad my light skinned auntie is having fun.

I actually thought it was sweet the way Karen would taken the young ladies under their wing and seem to never judge people by where they begun in life (because that is something you can not control...it is not an accomplishment to be born into a well off family).

It is also nice to see her family is somewhat landed gentry than and their story of going from slaves to land owners was beautiful.

In my distant youth, I used to get very, very road-ragey.  Trust me, the junction of the 405 and the 10 will make you a rage monster.  My mom used to always tell me "RealReality please be careful, you don't know who out there is carrying a gun and doesn't have anything to lose"

This is very, very true.  If someone had shot me on the freeway, it wouldn't matter how right I was and how wrong they were, I'd still be dead.  

If this is how Candace conducts her life outside the show, she should be careful.  But I don't know that she is out there in the streets and in public engaging people and looking for a fight.  The social media exchanges are all I know about.  

I don't think she should censor herself on the show though.  She makes money for being loud, annoying, dramatic and....herself.  Bravo should be casting these shows with women who can use their words.  I'm not saying it has to be a safe space, but I don't want to watch a show where everyone has to watch what they say because they don't want to get assaulted.  So its on Bravo to have a cast that doesn't resort to physical violence so everyone can speak their mind to whomever else is on the cast. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

Well, I'm 62 but I look at Robyn and think she is young, youthful, and attractive.  What I don't look at her and think is she is a role model for STEM careers!  Good lord, hire a reputable accountant!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, albarino said:

Well, I'm 62 but I look at Robyn and think she is young, youthful, and attractive.  What I don't look at her and think is she is a role model for STEM careers!  Good lord, hire a reputable accountant!

Unfortunately,  Robyn does not want to sell to the 55 plus crowd and that was her reasoning for axing Karen.

She wants probably the young and cool demographic.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Unfortunately,  Robyn does not want to sell to the 55 plus crowd and that was her reasoning for axing Karen.

Which is weird because I see that as a hat my mom who is 70 would absolutely wear.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Which is weird because I see that as a hat my mom who is 70 would absolutely wear.  

Yep - a lot of older women wear hats like this. Also teens and young women - why limit the market? Dumping Karen had to be for a storyline - wonder if she was in on it.

• Love 4

I basically still find Ashley's actions more understandable than Karen's.  Fortunately for Ashley, she didn't actually witness the altercation, so she has plausible deniability in saying she believes Monique. (Because she didn't see it, she should recognize that she probably shouldn't be weighing in on it but unlike Karen, she does have the excuse that she didn't witness it).  

And she has reason to continue to dislike Candiace. Candiace didn't deserve to be assaulted by Monique but she did treat Ashley very badly last season and went over the line more than once. So Ashley doesn't like her, she does like Monique, and she also feels like she owes Monique and this is a way for her to pay Monique back. It's not admirable on Ashley's part but IMO, it doesn't make her a snake, but mostly petty. 

On the other hand, Karen did actually witness Monique's actions and yet is still trying to maintain a semblance of neutrality that is impossible to do when it comes to this particular situation, especially if you witnessed it. There are a lot of things I like about Karen but this stance she's trying to maintain makes no sense to me. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Fortunately for Ashley, she didn't actually witness the altercation, so she has plausible deniability in saying she believes Monique.

Not really, because Ashley had been told by the group before (at Wendy's Sip N See) that she did not witness the fight so she could not credibly say what happened during the fight or who started it.  Ashley sat at the table and told everyone Candiace started the fight and Candiace was aggressive & menancing and the whole table (sans Karen) had to tell Ashley she wasn't even there, so how could she go around stating as a fact what happened at the fight?

What Ashley WAS a witness to was Monique telling everyone they bet not bring Candiace around her again or she would kill her.  Betcha that wasn't in her little statement.

18 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And she has reason to continue to dislike Candiace. Candiace didn't deserve to be assaulted by Monique but she did treat Ashley very badly last season and went over the line more than once. So Ashley doesn't like her, she does like Monique, and she also feels like she owes Monique and this is a way for her to pay Monique back. It's not admirable on Ashley's part but IMO, it doesn't make her a snake, but mostly petty. 

Don't smile in my face & pretend you want things to get better between us, but behind the scenes pull moves you know is going to make it worse. That's what makes Ashley a snake.  Ashley didn't even have the courtesy to pull Candiace to the side and tell her privately like Candiace told her about Michael & the stripper privately.  That's because Ashley was hoping Candiace would go off on her like she did with the butter knife and Ashley would have more video proof to give Monique and her lawyers to show Candiace is violent & aggressive and Monique needed to beat Candiace's ass in self defense.

Ashley has every right not to like or fool with Candiace ever again.  I would not even acknowledge the existence of a bitch that talked trash about me or my husband.  You don't exist anymore.  But I'm not going to smile in that lady's face and pretend I want things to be better between us while I trash her behind her back.  I will trash her to her face and then she will cease to exist to me.

27 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

On the other hand, Karen did actually witness Monique's actions and yet is still trying to maintain a semblance of neutrality that is impossible to do when it comes to this particular situation, especially if you witnessed it. There are a lot of things I like about Karen but this stance she's trying to maintain makes no sense to me. 

Karen's stance is nonsensical because Karen isn't "owning it" and being honest with why she's supporting Monique.  She knows Monique attacked that girl, she knows Monique isn't sorry and she knows anything Candiace did to Monique was in self defense.  The real reason is Candiace is a casualty of the war between Karen and Gizelle.  Anyone who Gizelle is for, Karen will be against and Karen will not give two hoots if Candiace is hurt by it.  Fck you and the folded up tissue you rode in on.

Karen decided at Wendy's political event that Candiace (assisted by Wendy/Gizelle) was not going to run her and tell her who she could and could not associate with.  Karen formed a "fck that bitch" attitude towards Candiace that day.  But instead of "owning it" she is searching for "reasons" to justify it.  If you came to Karen today and said "don't you see how this hurts Candiace?" she will have the same attitude as Ashley: if Candiace don't like it, oh well #shrug

Candiace needs to learn not everybody is as straightforward and "in your face" as she is.  Most people will get offended, hold on to that hurt and make moves behind your back while smiling in your face.  Watch who you're talking to and who you're talking about and be prepared to own and accept the consequences of that, and don't cry when you get those consequences.

• Love 10

I'm just patiently waiting for the episode where

Spoiler

Michael and Chris get into it.  I KNOW I saw a "on this season" preview where they are yelling at each other.

Because IIRC, Chris was pretty adamant that he witnessed the butt grab and Ashley is using the reason that they lied about her family along with the butter knife incident.  So maybe broke Chris gets his fill of the Darby's and their lying to protect Michael and then using that lie as part of an excuse for Ashley's letter.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm just patiently waiting for the episode where

Hide contents

Michael and Chris get into it.  I KNOW I saw a "on this season" preview where they are yelling at each other.

Because IIRC, Chris was pretty adamant that he witnessed the butt grab and Ashley is using the reason that they lied about her family along with the butter knife incident.  So maybe broke Chris gets his fill of the Darby's and their lying to protect Michael and then using that lie as part of an excuse for Ashley's letter.

And the fact that both Candance and Chris have said that Monique and her husband talked shit about them (Ashley and her husband Mr Burns)  lol you know they did..Esp with their family taking the camera mans side and saying they saw the butt grab.. this whole Titt for Tatt thing you can smell a mile away ... Monique can Kick rocks next season .. the writing is kind of on the wall if she isnt asked back next season she hasn't been missed at all these episodes she hasn't been in she lifts out so easy if it wasn't for the random sit down 3 min segment with Ashley or Karen you wouldn't even know she was still on the show

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Was surprised to learn that Gizzard slobs the knob....she looks like she just lies there with her hair fanning to the sides.

I know! What got me was Gizelle saying that she's of the mind that "if you're not sucking his dick, someone else is." So, going by her logic, was she not blowing Jamal enough? Is that why he cheated on her throughout their relationship?

image.png.7dcd1336f174826b7143e073f50f1a80.png

Karen may have 50-11 business ideas, but at least she's doing something. When was the last time Every Hue Beauty was mentioned? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

My 2¢ about the physical appearance of the ladies:

Karen looks great for her age.

Robyn dresses the best even when it's casual.

Wendy is all spanxed up.

Ashey just had a  baby and shouldn't be compared to another mother.

Gizelle also looks good for her age but can't dress to save her life

Candace bought her boobs and they are too big. (Did Ashley buy hers?)

Monique has a great body.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, retired watcher said:

Gizelle also looks good for her age but can't dress to save her life

How has her daytime outfit this past episode not been mentioned yet???  The gold sequin skirt with the white sneakers?  The straw hat?  No no no no no.  All of it so bad!!!!  

I’m also going to need to know why no one calls her on her bullshit comments about everyone else’s relationships when hers is the biggest sham on the streets.  Her comments on the blow jobs....so you’re sucking Pastor Jamal off on the regular, but if you’re not doing it enough someone else is?  And that’s not damaging to his “rep”?  Gross.  Then she says they have communication?  I see her talking AT him in the car scene that was used to demonstrate their “communication.”  He lives in her phone 🤣.   Truer words were never spoken.  HIS KIDS DON’T EVEN WANT A PART OF THIS.  

• Love 7

Ashley has every right not to like or fool with Candiace ever again.  I would not even acknowledge the existence of a bitch that talked trash about me or my husband.  You don't exist anymore.  But I'm not going to smile in that lady's face and pretend I want things to be better between us while I trash her behind her back.  I will trash her to her face and then she will cease to exist to me.

Yes, but look at the trash Ashley is married to.

Karen may have 50-11 business ideas, but at least she's doing something. When was the last time Every Hue Beauty was mentioned? 

True, but a wig line?  Karen?  She walks around with a dead Rapunzel thing on her head!🤢

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Not really, because Ashley had been told by the group before (at Wendy's Sip N See) that she did not witness the fight so she could not credibly say what happened during the fight or who started it.  Ashley sat at the table and told everyone Candiace started the fight and Candiace was aggressive & menancing and the whole table (sans Karen) had to tell Ashley she wasn't even there, so how could she go around stating as a fact what happened at the fight?

What Ashley WAS a witness to was Monique telling everyone they bet not bring Candiace around her again or she would kill her.  Betcha that wasn't in her little statement.

Right, which is why I said that she shouldn't weigh in on it.  All I am saying is that she has a lot more plausible deniability than Karen, but I agree with you that the wisdom of her weighing in is suspect because she didn't witness it. 

Don't smile in my face & pretend you want things to get better between us, but behind the scenes pull moves you know is going to make it worse. That's what makes Ashley a snake.  Ashley didn't even have the courtesy to pull Candiace to the side and tell her privately like Candiace told her about Michael & the stripper privately.  That's because Ashley was hoping Candiace would go off on her like she did with the butter knife and Ashley would have more video proof to give Monique and her lawyers to show Candiace is violent & aggressive and Monique needed to beat Candiace's ass in self defense.

Eh, again, I don't think Ashley's actions are admirable, just understandable.  I mean, if I'm Ashley, and I'm caught between two people - one who has been good to me, generally, but is in the wrong and one who has been absolutely awful to me, but is in the right - I can understand why she'd want to defend her friend, especially if I have some plausible deniability.  

I don't know. I guess I'd rather be dealing with Ashley, because at least Candiace knows where she stands with her, than with Karen, who is talking out of both sides of her mouth.  In the case of Ashley/Candiace, I actually do think that is the chickens coming home to roost with regard to Candiace's awful behavior.  I don't think that Monique has any justification for her behavior because a). violence is never the appropriate response and b). Candiace didn't actually do anything to her. But Candiace DID treat Ashley very badly and she should have expected that at some point, that would come back to bite her. 

I agree with you that Candiace is caught between Karen and Gizelle but I also think that Karen isn't realizing how bad she looks here. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Woo, chile!  Anyway....

22 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Woo, chile!  Anyway....

Amen on Robyn and the ageist bullshit. she is an ageist I don't care what she says, she said Karen wasn't giving her a youthful .If you felt this way why invite her to the shoot, Robyn should have used the picture because everyone knows who Karen is she's a part of the show. It's not as if  you won't sell any less caps.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, but look at the trash Ashley is married to.

True, but a wig line?  Karen?  She walks around with a dead Rapunzel thing on her head!🤢

Well there are women that like the Rapunzel look ! From the looks of the previews all of the wigs are ugly but hey, that stuff sells.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Well there are women that like the Rapunzel look ! From the looks of the previews all of the wigs are ugly but hey, that stuff sells.

Sure but, at least you want it to look somewhat natural.  Rapunzel AND platinum blonde, or "scary white" just isn't a good look.  Candiace wears the Rapunzel look but at least it tries to look natural.  Karen's scream SYNTHETIC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Sure but, at least you want it to look somewhat natural.  Rapunzel AND platinum blonde, or "scary white" just isn't a good look.  Candiace wears the Rapunzel look but at least it tries to look natural.  Karen's scream SYNTHETIC.

Yes I know but seriously these women"' hoochie" love that synthetic look ..I am willing to bet Karen wigs will be expensive. .I wish her well, I admire her hustle they all need to get inspired. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

Then she should not have invited her to the shoot.  That was f--up in my opinion.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, byrd said:

Amen on Robyn and the ageist bullshit. she is an ageist I don't care what she says, she said Karen wasn't giving her a youthful .If you felt this way why invite her to the shoot, Robyn should have used the picture because everyone knows who Karen is she's a part of the show. It's not as if  you won't sell any less caps.

Pretty stupid to cut out a whole demographic that probably watches the show,

In the previews, Gizelle's girls looked absolutely disgusted that Jamal was coming to stay for a week.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m in the minority as I see the fight as Candiace putting her hand in Moniques face and asking repeatedly to get dragged. The idiot gets dragged and is suddenly this poor little girl victim. 🤮 

So, if I yelled DRAG ME in your face, you would attack me?  What happens if I yell GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY?

What if Candiace had yelled at her husband to hit her?  Would it then be totally cool that he did so?

Talking about being violent and being violent are two different things.

• Love 6
On 11/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, drivethroo said:

Let me have a special word about Kickback Jack: He has SOME NERVE talking about Candiace being a criminal when he has sexually assaulted somebody on this show every season since it's been on with no repercussions.  He is foul, he is corrupt and I hope Broke Chris breaks his foot off in Kangaroo Bob's ass.

Just came here to say that this is pure gold!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Sorry Chris - no Football Hall of Fame for 2021. 2nd round of cuts were announced today.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2021-modern-era-semifinalists-manning

The Football Hall of Fame seems very elite, really not a lot of players on the list (Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, and Hines Ward (former GA Bulldog - Go Dawgs) are on the list. They are better known to the general public because of the positions they play, versus linemen and other positions who are critical but not as well known.

I do wonder if Monique wasn’t a factor in Chris not making the second round of cuts, but being as there are so few accepted each year, maybe not.

• Love 3

Chris Samuels is also pretty young, if age plays a factor for those who aren't big franchise players. Also, maybe if you aren't a franchise player, it's harder to get the votes.

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lasu said:

So, if I yelled DRAG ME in your face, you would attack me?  What happens if I yell GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY?

What if Candiace had yelled at her husband to hit her?  Would it then be totally cool that he did so?

Of course not you seem very nice.

I’m not the type to get in a verbal altercation. They often lead to physical altercations.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I’m also going to need to know why no one calls her on her bullshit comments about everyone else’s relationships when hers is the biggest sham on the streets.

Well isn't that what Karen tried to do in the previous episode? Karen straight up made that very point. That Gizelle is always messy, up in everyone's business but holds all her shit close to the vest. Of course I don't know why this was only coming now since Gizelle's been that way from Day 1. It's one of the reasons she's the instigator of the group. If she's instigating and helping to cause chaos and mayhem, no one's looking at and judging any of her shit. 

• Love 3

I just want this whole fight business to go AWAY... FAR, FAR AWAY.  It's boring the crap out of me.  Something else boring the crap out of me is Ashley pumping EVERYWHERE.  Just please stop.  Nobody wants to see that all the frickin' time!  ESPECIALLY when your baby is 5000 miles away!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I just want this whole fight business to go AWAY... FAR, FAR AWAY.  It's boring the crap out of me. 

This is where I'm at and why the rest of the season has fallen completely flat for me. Like I said when this whole thing first happened, maybe my years of watching truly ratchet television - Love & Hip Hop, Basketball Wives, etc. - has just desensitized me to fights on reality television shows but frankly this fight didn't warrant more than blink of an eye from me. 

I'm the same place now as I was when the episode first aired. Monique was wrong for putting her hands on Candiace and pummeling her head like she was beating dough. Candiace is still unpleasant as hell to me and a loud mouth who pops off all the time and this time got her ass beat. No, that's not saying she deserved it but that's basically what happened. 

Gizelle and Robyn have never liked Monique anyway, so this was all they needed to have a legitimate reason to finally demand to not film with her and interact with her at all. Ashley still clearly hates Candiace for a myriad of reasons and so right or wrong, she was never taking Candiace's side over Monique. 

Wendy and her four degrees is irrelevant and not reality television interesting at all, IMO. And finally, I have the unpopular opinion of believing that Karen is genuinely neutral in the sense that I do think she truly believes that both Candiace and Monique have some culpability for what happened. Whether one agrees with that assessment of hers or not, I do think it's what she believes and it's why she will not X Monique out the way the other women, excluding Ashley, clearly want her to. 

And frankly I'm sick of the almost bullish pressure they're trying to put on Karen, insisting that she's not holding Monique accountable and admitting she was wrong when Karen HAS said Monique was wrong multiple times. Her stance is that she's not going to stop being friends with Monique and essentially "pick Candiace over Monique". She insists she cares about them both and is still friends with them both and the other women just seem to refuse to want to accept that and I think that's bullshit. Because as I said weeks ago when this was first brought up, you can disagree with a friend's actions and still be their friend. 

But in conclusion, this season has mostly been one giant dud for me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

How has her daytime outfit this past episode not been mentioned yet???  The gold sequin skirt with the white sneakers?  The straw hat?  No no no no no.  All of it so bad!!!!  

I’m also going to need to know why no one calls her on her bullshit comments about everyone else’s relationships when hers is the biggest sham on the streets.  Her comments on the blow jobs....so you’re sucking Pastor Jamal off on the regular, but if you’re not doing it enough someone else is?  And that’s not damaging to his “rep”?  Gross.  Then she says they have communication?  I see her talking AT him in the car scene that was used to demonstrate their “communication.”  He lives in her phone 🤣.   Truer words were never spoken.  HIS KIDS DON’T EVEN WANT A PART OF THIS.  

I don't care that Gizelle is giving Jamal head, but she better be careful or she is going to end up with some sort of mouth herpes.  Jamal puts his dick in anything moving and if he hasn't had an STD by now, its only a matter of time.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This is where I'm at and why the rest of the season has fallen completely flat for me. Like I said when this whole thing first happened, maybe my years of watching truly ratchet television - Love & Hip Hop, Basketball Wives, etc. - has just desensitized me to fights on reality television shows but frankly this fight didn't warrant more than blink of an eye from me. 

I'm the same place now as I was when the episode first aired. Monique was wrong for putting her hands on Candiace and pummeling her head like she was beating dough. Candiace is still unpleasant as hell to me and a loud mouth who pops off all the time and this time got her ass beat. No, that's not saying she deserved it but that's basically what happened. 

Gizelle and Robyn have never liked Monique anyway, so this was all they needed to have a legitimate reason to finally demand to not film with her and interact with her at all. Ashley still clearly hates Candiace for a myriad of reasons and so right or wrong, she was never taking Candiace's side over Monique. 

Wendy and her four degrees is irrelevant and not reality television interesting at all, IMO. And finally, I have the unpopular opinion of believing that Karen is genuinely neutral in the sense that I do think she truly believes that both Candiace and Monique have some culpability for what happened. Whether one agrees with that assessment of hers or not, I do think it's what she believes and it's why she will not X Monique out the way the other women, excluding Ashley, clearly want her to. 

And frankly I'm sick of the almost bullish pressure they're trying to put on Karen, insisting that she's not holding Monique accountable and admitting she was wrong when Karen HAS said Monique was wrong multiple times. Her stance is that she's not going to stop being friends with Monique and essentially "pick Candiace over Monique". She insists she cares about them both and is still friends with them both and the other women just seem to refuse to want to accept that and I think that's bullshit. Because as I said weeks ago when this was first brought up, you can disagree with a friend's actions and still be their friend. 

But in conclusion, this season has mostly been one giant dud for me. 

If you have a true friendship you should be able to tell someone they are all the way wrong if they are all the way wrong.  

I'm disappointed in Karen, because she, more so than any of the women should know how important it is to draw a line in the sand.  I used to think that Karen had some sort of wisdom, but now she just looks like an old fool.  Its almost like the emperors new clothes, she isn't a grand dame at this point, she is just a silly old lady who craves attention and clout.  Her schtick only works if there is some kind of wisdom behind all that "grande dame" stuff to me.  

First, she looked dumb believing that Monique has some "medical condition" that causes her to "blackout" and forget things.  She looks like a straight up clown for even entertaining that nonsense.

Second, her behavior has been so inauthentic.  At best, she is fence riding because the more women she is close to the better it is for business.  I guess thats smart if you're slapping your name on a wig line (and really, a reality star putting her names on wigs is a little cliche at this point).  But taking some lofty perch and declaring that this is some sort of moral highground is ridiculous and transparent to me.  I feel sorry for Candace because she clearly was stupid enough to believe that Karen was ever her friend.  Candace is young and was ripe for a more accepting mother figure and Karen was able to capitalize on that.  

Third, the culpability in the situation is so clear and one sided that Karen makes herself look foolish to pretend its any other way.  If you play back back the beautiful bean footage you can see that what Candace said to Monique isn't any worse or more offensive than what anyone else has said and done. 

She said that Monique was faking being asleep when she left (she was faking) and how is that so offensive.  She said "good night" how is that so much more offensive than Ashley saying that Ray has a dried up dick or Karen implying to Ashley that her husband is going to get anally raped in jail. 

Candace said "drag me" and Robyn straight up told Monique to go ahead and choke her out, to which Monique turned tail and ran. You can play back the tape and see how many times Candace apologized or walked away and how many times Monique tried to engage her

If ANYONE was being set up, it was Monique setting Candace up.  And IIRC, Monique talked about icing Candace out....on the show.  Over and over Monique picked fights with Candace just to have her apologize or walk away and the one time Candace decided to verbally engage her Monique was ready to physically attack her.  That seems like a set up to me.  

I cannot buy that what Candace said to Monique was so much worse than what any other cast member has said and done....Karen included.  So when Karen and Ashley go on about clutching their pearls over Candace being a "meanie" when they both have been shady and unkind to other cast members looks hypocritical.

These women are paid to be mean to each other, annoy each other and have drama with each other.  By rights Candace was doing her job.  Monique wasn't.  Karen looks stupid. 

And I don't think there is anything wrong with Gizelle or anyone else telling her she is wrong for enabling Monique.  Which is exactly what her soft stance is doing, its enabling Monique.  Karen inviting Monique to her wig party, is just enabling and emboldening Monique.  Yeah, sometimes in life you gotta choose a side, if all things are equal and she is equally friendly with both women, then just choose the side that is right.  And choosing the side that is "don't physically attack someone because they are being annoying" shouldn't be difficult.  

And its not even a matter of just staying friends, but its a matter of putting her on the show and giving someone who physically attacked someone for words, refused to apologize, has shown no remorse and made a song about it a public platform and a way to wiggle out of any accountability for her behavior.  If Karen spoke to Monique in private, no one could stop that, but to give Monique a platform after all that?  No. 

Fourth, Karen, more so than anyone, having lived through the times she has, having grown up in a small farming community where her family was probably one of the few black families to own ANY land should realize just how wrong it is to allow people to become violent because they are annoyed.  I wonder how many people in her city and state were subjected to violence for the crime of being "uppity" or "being too loud"  She should know how slippery that slope is.  She, more than anyone, should recognize the importance of a hard line.  

And, no, I don't buy that Karen thinks Monique is wrong because there is always an implied "but" that gives Candace equal blame for doing no more than talking shit.  Which is her job.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The Football Hall of Fame seems very elite, really not a lot of players on the list (Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, and Hines Ward (former GA Bulldog - Go Dawgs) are on the list. They are better known to the general public because of the positions they play, versus linemen and other positions who are critical but not as well known.

I do wonder if Monique wasn’t a factor in Chris not making the second round of cuts, but being as there are so few accepted each year, maybe not.

8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Chris Samuels is also pretty young, if age plays a factor for those who aren't big franchise players. Also, maybe if you aren't a franchise player, it's harder to get the votes.

Yes HOF is the best, of the best, however, players, coaches and owners DO make it in. 

I always viewed HOF inductions , as a player who at least :1) broke or held a NFL record for the stats of their position, and/or 2) redefined what it means to play that position, and/or 3) has enough consistent championship / Superbowl appearances during their career. MVP , Walton Payton Award, and pro bowls are a bonus.

As much as we love (or don't love), Chris, his NFL career on paper...umm, he might be a little "brief". Chris might have set the field on fire with the Redskins, but how did he compare to his peers in the league at the time?

There are offensive linesmen in the HOF. But yeah defensive linesmen seem to get all of the glory, accolades and attention.

Chris retired in 2009, so he was first eligible in 2014. Being that its 6 years after that, yeah its going to be harder , looking first from a mathematical standpoint. New players are eligible every year. Yes he had pro bowls appearances.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I just want this whole fight business to go AWAY... FAR, FAR AWAY.  It's boring the crap out of me.  Something else boring the crap out of me is Ashley pumping EVERYWHERE.  Just please stop.  Nobody wants to see that all the frickin' time!  ESPECIALLY when your baby is 5000 miles away!

Seems baby Dean brought Ashley the attention she craved - and she’s gonna get that attention even when he’s back home.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, lasu said:

ALL OF THIS ......

• Love 2